February 23, 2020, 01:20:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you watch Bollywood films?
Yeah, I'm lovin It. - 2 (16.7%)
Yeah, seldom. - 5 (41.7%)
No. Not my taste. - 5 (41.7%)
Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: We and the Bollywood (Indian Films)  (Read 9720 times)
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« on: December 05, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »

The question is: is Bollywood a threat for our culture? Should we avoid watching Bollywood movies?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Brother Superior,

I have got a suggestion hope you dont mind.  Please dont promote these songs/films, they have already brought its irrpairable damages on our farsi in afghanistan, and if this continues, god knows what will happen to farsi in the next 100 years or so.  i personally have boycotted these films in my home and no one watches it.  it is entirely upto you, it was just a suggestion.

Your brother Rika Khana
Mahasti
Kichkenpoor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:02:49 PM »

Quote from: Rika Khana;3553
Dear Brother Superior,

I have got a suggestion hope you dont mind.  Please dont promote these songs/films, they have already brought its irrpairable damages on our farsi in afghanistan, and if this continues, god knows what will happen to farsi in the next 100 years or so.  i personally have boycotted these films in my home and no one watches it.  it is entirely upto you, it was just a suggestion.

Your brother Rika Khana

I second with you. Bollywood is misleading, but I don't think it is sensible to boycot it totally because it can be amusing ''sometimes'', with emphasis on sometimes.

خواستم تا سخني پرسم از او گفت خموش

نیست اين كعبه كه بي پا و سر آيي بــه طواف

وين نه مسجد كه درآن بي خـبر آيي به خروش

اين خرابات مغانـــــست، در آن مــــستانند

ازدم صبح ازل تا به قيامــــت مـــدهــــــوش

گر تو را هست درين شيوه، ســـر يــكرنــــگي

دين و دانش به يكي جرعه بفروش
Farangis
تاجیک دخترک

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 04:51:12 PM »

Quote from: Rika Khana;3553
Dear Brother Superior,

I have got a suggestion hope you dont mind. Please dont promote these songs/films, they have already brought its irrpairable damages on our farsi in afghanistan, and if this continues, god knows what will happen to farsi in the next 100 years or so. i personally have boycotted these films in my home and no one watches it. it is entirely upto you, it was just a suggestion.

Your brother Rika Khana

Dear bro,

I think it depends on the person self, or how he/she understands what the movie is about, what the messages of the film are to the people and how the film on his/her effect. Some are badly affected by getting all the negatieve points of the film. If you are smart you would of course not get all bad things of the film. So it is at the viewers not at the Bollywood self. I think some Bollywoods films very are instructive, funny, entertainment and good as well.
In addition, Indian culture has much in common with our culture, so why would we not watch Indian movies? And if you know the language than I think it's is no big deal to look forward to.

In my opinion, Indian films are better than some Hollywood films. So why Hollywood but not Bollywood?

btw, i wachted alot of Indian movies in my past and i still do. It's nothing wrong about that.

and Om Shanti Om is a great movie to watch. Sharukh Khan rocks and Deepika is gorgeous :D.

Regards,

Farangis

، من اگر بنشینم
، تو اگر بنشینی
چه کسی بر خیزد؟

، من اگر برخیزم
، تو اگر برخیزی
!همه بر می خیزتد
!!!! همه بر می خیزند، همه بر می خیزند
Rostam
Khorasani

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »

I agree with Farangeez Khanom,

Bollywood is oke romantic and relax for the Tajik Youth to watch.
Besides that learning the Hindi/Urdu language is a +
Since India can be one of the biggest if not the biggest...commerce partner of Khorasanzameen.

The Indians have also great history, philosphies and are good musician....there is no harm in watching Indian Cinema...
Ofcourse not too much! But its not necassary to forbid it in Khorasanzameen TV and Cinemas!

The Tajik Youth is allowed to watch/read foreign literature, art, cinema....and learn from it to improve own fields of art!

and Om Shanti Om is a great movie to watch. Sharukh Khan rocks and Deepika is gorgeous
[/COLOR][/FONT]
In my opinion: 100 of sharukhs and deepikas can not be compared to Arjun Rampal....:D
But this is ofcourse a issue of personal taste!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 09:07:50 PM by Rostam » Logged
Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 11:09:12 PM »

Indian Movies should be controlled. for example, Iran during the Shah's time only allowed 5 Indian movies a year and this improved Iran's film making Industry.

Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad
به نام خداوند جان و خرد, کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 02:12:54 AM »

Quote from: Farangis;3582
Dear bro,

I think it depends on the person self, or how he/she understands what the movie is about, what the messages of the film are to the people and how the film on his/her effect. Some are badly affected by getting all the negatieve points of the film. If you are smart you would of course not get all bad things of the film. So it is at the viewers not at the Bollywood self. I think some Bollywoods films very are instructive, funny, entertainment and good as well.
In addition, Indian culture has much in common with our culture, so why would we not watch Indian movies? And if you know the language than I think it's is no big deal to look forward to.

In my opinion, Indian films are better than some Hollywood films. So why Hollywood but not Bollywood?

btw, i wachted alot of Indian movies in my past and i still do. It's nothing wrong about that.

and Om Shanti Om is a great movie to watch. Sharukh Khan rocks and Deepika is gorgeous :D.

Regards,

Farangis

Khoahare gerami faranges jan,

even if we say it depends on person, we are still in the wrong direction, as we have seen the absolute majority of those who watches these films in our country are negatively affected.  and please dont say we have got alot in common or similar culture, as we have got world apart different cultures.  becuase we have been watching these films quite alot it seems that we have got alot in common culturaly.  the negative points of these movies are so prominant that it overshadows the positive sides especailly to young viewers, and hard to absorb the positive side.  you mentioned the language, my main concern is the language dear sis, look at our farsi in afghanistan, it has been badly flooded with indian words, maily becuase of these movies and sometimes it makes it look like urdo language(street language, not formal), do you think it is healthy for our farsi?
you also mentioned the hollywood, none of the movies are good if we dont controll it, there is no difference between bolly and holly, instead of that why shouldnt we watch alot of iranian/tajiki and films from our own country?

Rostam jan mentioned that india is/will be a commerce partner or our country, fine i am not against it, but dont let their language and culture destroy ours.  what is it to me/us if they have great history, philosophy, musicians etc, i am concerned about my own language and culture which has already been affected.  i dont understand what our youth will learn from these films? except we will have youths who are badly "Kheyalati" living in a dream world and not realistic as a result of these movies, do we really think this is good for us and our future?

Muhtaram Gul Agha mentioned something and i totally agree with him.  control them, put the films with translation, and only selected and limited number of them.

Rika Khana
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 03:15:39 AM by Unity » Logged
Super
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 02:37:46 AM »

Dear Rika Khana,

I do understand your point, and I agree with it to some extent. But let's not think that pessimistic; Urdo cannnot suppress Farsi, actually Urdo itself contains loads of Farsi words. It is also a fact that most of Indian films are silly and dull and humdrum. But because they are mostly family oriantated, and based on eastern culture, and in the region the dominant film industry, they are considered to be ''proper'' entertainment stuff.

However, it is worth-mentioning that Bollywood industry has some great productions, especially their patriotic films. Generally, a film is meant to reflect cutural problems, as well as other problems in one society.

Give your folk the choice to choose what ''they want'', you cannot impose your own interests on others; Bollywood has its deep roots in our communities.

Nietzche: God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
Mahasti
Kichkenpoor

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 02:46:47 AM »

Quote from: Farangis;3582
Dear bro,

Regards,

Farangis
Farangis,

Not everyone is capable to distinguish what is good or bad, neither is everyone smart enough to see the difference between the good points of a movie and the bad points. Moreover, there is almost nothing you can learn from bollywood films. Nothing usefull, except entertainment. And the most films are so unrealistic, in contrast with hollywood films.
And I would like to know some common things about our culture and indian culture, as far bollywood content concerns.:D

Well, Rostam has a point and Rika khana and Gul agha for sure.

Mahasti
Kichkenpoor

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 02:50:13 AM »

Quote from: Superior;3605
Give your folk the choice to choose what ''they want'', you cannot impose your own interests on others; Bollywood has its deep roots in our communities.

I don't think it is sensible to give an illitrate folk the absolute freedom to choose everything theirself.:confused:

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 02:53:34 AM »

Quote from: Superior;3605
Dear Rika Khana,

I do understand your point, and I agree with it to some extent. But let's not think that pessimistic; Urdo cannnot suppress Farsi, actually Urdo itself contains loads of Farsi words. It is also a fact that most of Indian films are silly and dull and humdrum. But because they are mostly family oriantated, and based on eastern culture, and in the region the dominant film industry, they are considered to be ''proper'' entertainment stuff.

However, it is worth-mentioning that Bollywood industry has some great productions, especially their patriotic films. Generally, a film is meant to reflect cutural problems, as well as other problems in one society.

dear superior,

first i didnt want to impose my opinion on the others, i only made a suggestion.  everyone is free to do/think whatever he/she wants. i might be wrong and they right, who knows.

we have always wrongly believed that farsi is the language which is affecting urdo, but for the last 5-6 decades we are seeing the opposite.  there is a large vocabulary of that language entering our farsi in afghanistan, and i should say this is one of the reasons why some ppl dont properly understand iranian friends and iranains dont understand us.  thats why i am worried.  yes, ppl should have a choice, but flooding indian movies only to the face of ppl and ignoring the others is far from giving a choice.  

Rika Khana
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 02:58:54 AM »

well, the above it is said.  i love or not love these movies.  love/not love is something and good/bad is something else.  i love to smoke heroin, i really enjoy it, it is beautiful, but is it good or bad for me?
Super
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 03:15:11 AM »

Dear NightWish,

It is true that some knowledge and information is needed to make a ''right'' choice, but don't you think that it is a natural right of an individual, despite his/her educational background or intelligence, to choose what the best for ''him/her'' is (according to his/her own understanding)?

Dear Rika Khana,

Like I have already stated, I do agree with you. I'm not in favour of indianization of our culture, but you cannot stop people getting indianized, if they tend to.

Nietzche: God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 03:25:21 AM »

Quote from: Superior;3614
Dear NightWish,

Dear Rika Khana,

Like I have already stated, I do agree with you. I'm not in favour of indianization of our culture, but you cannot stop people getting indianized, if they tend to.

brother superior,

Thanks for understanding my point.  i also agree with you that you cant change ppl from being indianized.  but the least thing we can do is to start from ourselves, i have already done it in my family, and i have replaced them all with iranian movies, my own language, my own culture, my own understanding, my own values and everything else.  i still watch them(indian movies), very few of them, but not as indian movies, just as movies.  i never give them speciality.

Rika Khana
Super
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 04:21:19 AM »

Dear Rika,

The best thing is indeed to promote our own stuff. For example, Ariana TV has dubbed some of Indian soeps like Henna, Kom Kom,.. in Farsi. Instead they could try to make some soeps which would reflect problems of our own society.

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 08:11:03 AM »

Quote from: Superior;3622
Dear Rika,

The best thing is indeed to promote our own stuff. For example, Ariana TV has dubbed some of Indian soeps like Henna, Kom Kom,.. in Farsi. Instead they could try to make some soeps which would reflect problems of our own society.

yes, also i heard that Tolo Tv has produced a drama, which is an excellent start.  i love tolo tv, god bless all its owner with such a great idea.

Rika Khana
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: