September 02, 2014, 03:04:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Read and write in Cyrillic - open challenge  (Read 10147 times)
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 02:34:21 AM »

Dorood,

There is one interesting thing I have noticed when I was google-ing for "tajik" tonight. When you go to http://www.google.com and type "tajik" in Parsi (like this:?????) the amount of results google will find is 61,600, which basically means that "tajik" word can be found 61,600 times. (You can verify it by clicking at this link: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%D8%AA%D8%A7%D8%AC%DB%8C%DA%A9) Imagine for a second; that's a HUGE number. However, the most interesting part of it is that when you try to search for "tajik" in cyrillic (like this: ?????) it will show you 15,800 results which is 1/4 of typing it in Parsi. (You can also check this by clicking here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA). This is another big number, imagine 15,800 results.  Finally, when you try to search for "tajik" in moder Tajik cyrillic alphabet used in Tajikistan right now (like this: ?????), it will show you 13,900 results; let say roughly equals 1/5 of typing it in Parsi. (Click to check this out: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%D1%82%D0%BE%D2%B7%D0%B8%D0%BA)

Now, add these two numbers that you tried to search it in cyrillic (????? and ?????), which is adding 15,800+13,900=29,700. Now, it is 29,700 almost 30,000 which is half of typing it in Parsi. Isn't it interesting? Why am I telling you all this little math here, is that with learning cyrillic and little bit challenge, you can almost double your opportunity to gain more knowledge and wisdom, just only google-ing it. Obviously this is just a a little part of it. When you get a chance to learn cyrillic and when you do apply it successfully in your researches or even just a surfing on the internet, it still gives you alot of advantage.

So, please, leave your comments, concerns and suggestions here. Do not leave this forum without doing nothing. At least, do something that can teach you or teach others. Thanks.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 02:39:06 AM by PORS » Logged

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2008, 05:41:23 AM »

Quote from: Admin;4460
Tajikistan is already promoting the Perso-Arabic Alphabet in Schools with the help of Iran. currently Tajikistan's Literacy rate is 99.9% and if they suddenly change the alphabet, majority will become illiterate. I am in favor of Latin which is much easier for people to learn than Perso-Arabic and cyrillic.

by the way, I am Gul Agha

nothing should be based on rush and revolutionary ideas,  it will never work. gradual progress is the key. Latin alphabet will be better than cyrillic, but can never replace farsi alphabet since we all use it in iran and afghanistan.
Nastoh

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »

Quote from: PORS;4459
Dorood Nastoh jaan,

That's great that you are "very interested" in promotion of Parsi in Tajikistan. I would like know more about your plans in this regards. You said that you are waiting for that moment, what moment is that? Please, comment on this portion of your saying. Thanks.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.
Thanks Pors jaan,
I am so interested that even sometimes I think about going to Tajikistan and become a teacher and teach kids the old Parsi. Imagin if a kid in Tjaikistan can read Porsi in both cyrillic and arabic. Do you know that more than 90 percent of all material related to Tajiks and their language, history etc is in arabic version of Porsi. For a kid in Tajikistan it would be as if he suddenly enters a totally different world but in the same time totally similar because it is all about him, his people, his language, his culture and hit history. That would be so interesting.

اگر آزدی ما زیر سوال برود و اگر غرور ملی ما درهم شکسته شود و اگر استقلال ما نابود گردد، در آن صورت این زندگی ما کوچکترین لزت و ارزشی ندارد. احمد شاه مسعود
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »

Gul Agha, Do you have a specific version of Latin (adapted to Persian) in mind, or making just a general comment, because some people have proposed versions of it ? In the past, in Iran, they wanted to switch to Latin, but many intellectuals were opposed on the grounds that it would cut us off from the past like the Turks and we would lose Persian calligraphy. What do you think about this argument ? On my side, I think the argument is not that strong anymore - surely, most if not all of the perso-arabic have been or will soon be stored in digital archives, either in ASCII-type format, or as pictures which can easily be decoded by software that can detect arabic characters and convert them to Latin. As for calligraphy, it can remain as an art form without the need to force everyone to use its alphabet in daily usage. The transition would be easier since I  guess most of the literate people who have gone beyond primary school also know the latin alphabet. The only question is, do people want it, do the powers in government want it, and so on ... with mullahs no way

Quote from: Admin;4460
Tajikistan is already promoting the Perso-Arabic Alphabet in Schools with the help of Iran. currently Tajikistan's Literacy rate is 99.9% and if they suddenly change the alphabet, majority will become illiterate. I am in favor of Latin which is much easier for people to learn than Perso-Arabic and cyrillic.

by the way, I am Gul Agha
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2008, 05:09:24 PM »

Very interesting research. You ignored my request for daily one-line lessons :(. I think people dont have time to spend hours and hours, but 5 minnutes a day is much easier. Can you afford to post 1 line a day with a few comments if needed ?
Quote from: PORS;4467
Dorood,

Now, add these two numbers that you tried to search it in cyrillic (????? and ?????), which is adding 15,800+13,900=29,700. Now, it is 29,700 almost 30,000 which is half of typing it in Parsi. Isn't it interesting? Why am I telling you all this little math here, is that with learning cyrillic and little bit challenge, you can almost double your opportunity to gain more knowledge and wisdom, just only google-ing it. Obviously this is just a a little part of it. When you get a chance to learn cyrillic and when you do apply it successfully in your researches or even just a surfing on the internet, it still gives you alot of advantage.

So, please, leave your comments, concerns and suggestions here. Do not leave this forum without doing nothing. At least, do something that can teach you or teach others. Thanks.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2008, 05:31:16 PM »

Also, dear PORS, how do you type Cyrillic characters on the keyboard ? I am totally clueless even about typing in Persian. If you send us one line lessons for a 2-3 weeks, eventually we can find other Tajiks to take over this role so you dont have to spend your time on this forever
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2008, 01:04:17 AM »

Dorood Nastoh jaane gerame,

I am so sorry that i was not able to reply to your comment earlier. However, I feel more than glad and excited to reply to your post.

Nastoh jaane gerame, I greatly respect your interest in going to Tajikistan and teaching kids Porsi. This is more than GREAT thing one can do for the unity of Tajiks. Your enthusiasm encouraged my proposal and I hope we will start our journey soon.

One thing, I would like to clarify here too, is that we would definately seek for ways to realize your proposal to promoting Porsi in Tajikistan and hope for your cooperation. After we get started with cyrillic, we will create a discussion for that, too. I completely understand your feelings and efforts for this. Thank you very much once again.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

Quote from: Nastoh;4514
Thanks Pors jaan,
I am so interested that even sometimes I think about going to Tajikistan and become a teacher and teach kids the old Parsi. Imagin if a kid in Tjaikistan can read Porsi in both cyrillic and arabic. Do you know that more than 90 percent of all material related to Tajiks and their language, history etc is in arabic version of Porsi. For a kid in Tajikistan it would be as if he suddenly enters a totally different world but in the same time totally similar because it is all about him, his people, his language, his culture and hit history. That would be so interesting.

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2008, 01:14:50 AM »

Dorood DooDooli jaan,

Honestly, I didn't noticed some posts here. Regarding starting the lessons here, I would like to say that I am working on it right now and as soon as I finish some of the basics of it, I would definately post it here and prepare some downloadable files, so you could work on your own. Translation of paragraphs a week, learning each letters of cyrillic and other things, all in my mind. It just take little bit time to put it electronically and start our journey. It is all going to be FUN. Believe me, I don't have time here to sit and spend hours for promoting cyrillic; I am not for it and it will be boring, too. Yes, as you mentioned here, just couple of paragraphs per week and search on internet (whether be it search for a music, video or a document)in cyrillic, so to make it a fun way to learn. It is not going to be strict by rules thing, NO! It is absolutely independent and depends on how you can learn it fast and how you will be able to use it for your own benefit in a fun way.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

Quote from: doodooli;4517
Very interesting research. You ignored my request for daily one-line lessons :(. I think people dont have time to spend hours and hours, but 5 minnutes a day is much easier. Can you afford to post 1 line a day with a few comments if needed ?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 01:17:31 AM by PORS » Logged

PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 01:23:09 AM »

Dorood bare degar DooDooli jaan,

Regarding typing in cyrillic via keyboard, you can do it through installing Cyrillic Tajik keyboard in your Windows. But let me ask you first. What kind of Microsoft Windows do you have in your PC? Is it XP, or VISTA, or whatever kind you got there? I completely understand you that we need to bring it on. We can't wait forever. I am for it and I support you on that. I will post the starting date of our journey here in this thread, by the end of the next week. Let me know what kind of Windows you are using right now, so I will tell you how to install whether Cyrillic keyboard or Porsi keyboard in your windows. Thank you very much for your post.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

Quote from: doodooli;4522
Also, dear PORS, how do you type Cyrillic characters on the keyboard ? I am totally clueless even about typing in Persian. If you send us one line lessons for a 2-3 weeks, eventually we can find other Tajiks to take over this role so you dont have to spend your time on this forever

PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2008, 01:35:45 AM »

Dorood,

Quick statistics here regarding this thread.

Viewed: 112
Replies: 23

Hmm, inetesting. As far as I noticed correctly, this thread is one of the most viewed threads, and at the same time it is one of the unreplied threads, too. It means that most of the people view threads, but do not leave comments, concerns and suggestions.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52:05 AM »

Doost e Aziz, PORS jon, thank you for your response. I have an APPLE computer running MAC OS Tiger. I found something:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1044
But i dont know if this what i need . I think Tajik cyrillic is different, or is it same as Russian keyboard layout ?
Quote from: PORS;4537
Dorood bare degar DooDooli jaan,

Regarding typing in cyrillic via keyboard, you can do it through installing Cyrillic Tajik keyboard in your Windows. But let me ask you first. What kind of Microsoft Windows do you have in your PC? Is it XP, or VISTA, or whatever kind you got there? I completely understand you that we need to bring it on. We can't wait forever. I am for it and I support you on that. I will post the starting date of our journey here in this thread, by the end of the next week. Let me know what kind of Windows you are using right now, so I will tell you how to install whether Cyrillic keyboard or Porsi keyboard in your windows. Thank you very much for your post.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 03:03:15 AM »

Dorood DooDooli jaan,

Regarding installation of cyrillic keyboard layout in MAC OS Tiger, I found this article. Maybe this can help you with that. When you will be installing Cyrillic, choose "Russian Cyrillic", becuase other cyrillics have different layout. If MAC OS Tiger is advanced enough, then it should have "Tajik cyrillic", too. I am not MAC guy, however, I hope this will help you. If you had another OS like VISTA, then MS already got Tajik cyrillic keyboard layout which is very nice. So, please follow the link and let me know whether it was helpful or not. Thank you.

Here is the link: http://tlt.psu.edu/suggestions/international/keyboards/mackey.html

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 03:07:55 AM »

One more thing here. Yes, there is a difference between Tajik cyrillic and Russian cyrillic. They are NOT completely different. If you learn how to type in one of them then you can use it for the other too.

Regarding your link, I think this only belongs to Adobe softwares, like Adobe Acrobat, or Adobe Photoshop and stuff like that. Or maybe it works for MAC too, I don't know exactly. The given link, should help you somehow.

Thanks,

Pors.

PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 12:02:38 AM »

Dorood,

Here is how our participants view this thread a day.

Viewed: 138
Replies: 27

PS: by the way, most of the replies by myself.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

Quote from: PORS;4538
Dorood,

Quick statistics here regarding this thread.

Viewed: 112
Replies: 23

Hmm, inetesting. As far as I noticed correctly, this thread is one of the most viewed threads, and at the same time it is one of the unreplied threads, too. It means that most of the people view threads, but do not leave comments, concerns and suggestions.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 12:25:38 AM »

I am sorry ... there should be more interest about Tajikestan at least from Tajiks of Afghanistan. Iranians love Tajikestan !
Quote from: PORS;4582
Dorood,

PS: by the way, most of the replies by myself.

Pors.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: