March 19, 2019, 08:51:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Is Your Favorite Tajik Personality?  (Read 34246 times)
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« on: March 01, 2008, 11:09:01 PM »

Respected Readers,

In an attempt to refresh, celebrate and commemorate our human and glorious heritage, please post the name of your most favorite Tajik personality here.

Mine are Rodaki, Rumi, Saadi, Firdawsi, Behzadaan(Abu Muslim Khorasani), Korosh The Great, Massoud The Great, Imaam Ali Rahman, and Pedraam.

With respect

Wsalam

PS: Dear Moderator,

Earlier on the previous format there was a thread under the heading (hope I remember the exact wording) "Most favorite Tajik Personality."

I hope if you had saved those posts, you would be kind enough to upload it here.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 10:59:01 PM by Neo Bactra » Logged
Kambiz
Dervish
Research Team
Hero Member
*

Karma: +317/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 772



View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »

Cyrus the Great (Old Persian: K?ruš, modern Persian: ????? ????, Kurosh-e Bozorg or ????? ???? Kurosh-e Kabir (c. 590 BC or 576 — August 529 BC or 530 BC), also known as Cyrus II of Persia and Cyrus the Elder, was a Persian ruler. He was the founder of the Persian Empire under the Achaemenid dynasty. The empire expanded under his rule, eventually conquering most of Southwest Asia and much of Central Asia, from Egypt and the Hellespont in the west to the Indus River in the east, to create the largest state the world had yet seen.

During his twenty-nine year reign, Cyrus fought against some of the greatest states of his time, including the Median Empire, the Lydian Empire, and the Neo-Babylonian Empire. Cyrus did not venture into Egypt, as he himself died in battle, fighting the Massagetae along the Syr Darya in August 530 BC.  He was succeeded by his son, Cambyses II, who managed to conquer Egypt during his short rule.

Beyond his nation, Cyrus left a lasting legacy on Jewish religion (through his Edict of Restoration), politics, and military strategy, as well as on both Eastern and Western civilization.
Logged
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 11:40:32 PM »

Quote from: Darius;6661
Cyrus the Great (Old Persian: K?ruš, modern Persian: ????? ????, Kurosh-e Bozorg or ????? ???? Kurosh-e Kabir (c. 590 BC or 576 — August 529 BC or 530 BC), also known as Cyrus II of Persia and Cyrus the Elder, was a Persian ruler. He was the founder of the Persian Empire under the Achaemenid dynasty. The empire expanded under his rule, eventually conquering most of Southwest Asia and much of Central Asia, from Egypt and the Hellespont in the west to the Indus River in the east, to create the largest state the world had yet seen.

During his twenty-nine year reign, Cyrus fought against some of the greatest states of his time, including the Median Empire, the Lydian Empire, and the Neo-Babylonian Empire. Cyrus did not venture into Egypt, as he himself died in battle, fighting the Massagetae along the Syr Darya in August 530 BC.  He was succeeded by his son, Cambyses II, who managed to conquer Egypt during his short rule.

Beyond his nation, Cyrus left a lasting legacy on Jewish religion (through his Edict of Restoration), politics, and military strategy, as well as on both Eastern and Western civilization.


Thanks Darius,

No doubt Cyrus The Great was one of the greatest of all Tajiks.
Will you mind sharing some of your contemporary favorite Tajik personages as well?

Pedrood.
Logged
Faridun
Sarbador
Full Member
***

Karma: +15/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 122


View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »

Hello. dear Brother!

  How about Hassani Sabboh?!:)

   Here information about him:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassan-i_Sabbah

  You, as tajik/persian, must be proud of havin such ancestor like Hassani Sabboh:)

  LONG LIVE TAJIKS!
Logged
Kambiz
Dervish
Research Team
Hero Member
*

Karma: +317/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 772



View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 11:57:18 PM »

Layeq Shir-Ali (1941-2000, Tajiki/Persian: ???? ??????/???? ??????) was a Tajik poet, Iranologist and one of the most celebrated Persian literary figures of Tajikistan and Central Asia.

Layeq Shir-Ali had expertise in classical Persian poetry. The influence of Firdowsi, Khayyam and Molana Jalaleddin-e Balkhi is evident in Shir-Ali's works. He also translated several literary master pieces into Persian.

He was the head of Tajik-Persian Language International Foundation in Middle Asia and he was called as Shah-Poet of Tajikistan. A chosen collection of his works is published in Iran, 1994. Another collection, "Rakhsh's Spirit" is published in Iran, 1999, by Mirzo Shakurzoda.

???? ? ?????? ? ????? ????           ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??????
 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/arts/story/2006/05/060529_er_layeq_sheerali-pr.shtml
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:20:23 AM by Kambiz » Logged
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »

???? ? ?????? ? ????? ????           ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??????
 
Very true and impressive.

Thanks Hasan Sabah and Darius, but special thanks to Darius for introducing me to a poet whose touching lines I just memorized. Let this prophetic poet continue to inspire and unify the Tajik souls whereever they are.
Logged
Kambiz
Dervish
Research Team
Hero Member
*

Karma: +317/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 772



View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 12:19:22 AM »

Quote from: Neo Bactra;6669
???? ? ?????? ? ????? ????           ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??????
 
Very true and impressive.

Thanks Hasan Sabah and Darius, but special thanks to Darius for introducing me to a poet whose touching lines I just memorized. Let this prophetic poet continue to inspire and unify the Tajik souls whereever they are.
Thank you Neo Bactra.
But sadly, we lost him in 2000. I hope his patriotic verses will inspire others.
Logged
marmol
Newbie
*

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 10



View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 12:38:38 AM »

my favorite tajiks heros are the one who made so much sacrifice financialy,intelectualie,to promote and defend our culture and heritige.sieforah niazi who was behind mazari sharef rallies against the minister of culture,wasef bakhtari who stood up and defend the farsi language and condemn the minister on khorasan tv.hamed qhadiri the owner of khorasan tv who spend 15 to 20 thousand dollar of his own pocket to defend and promote our culture.and the administer of such websites as this one and the one like this that day and night are working really hard to make sure our voices heard around the globe.
Logged
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 12:44:05 AM »

Quote from: Darius;6667
Layeq Shir-Ali (1941-2000, Tajiki/Persian: ???? ??????/???? ??????) was a Tajik poet, Iranologist and one of the most celebrated Persian literary figures of Tajikistan and Central Asia.

Layeq Shir-Ali had expertise in classical Persian poetry. The influence of Firdowsi, Khayyam and Molana Jalaleddin-e Balkhi is evident in Shir-Ali's works. He also translated several literary master pieces into Persian.

He was the head of Tajik-Persian Language International Foundation in Middle Asia and he was called as Shah-Poet of Tajikistan. A chosen collection of his works is published in Iran, 1994. Another collection, "Rakhsh's Spirit" is published in Iran, 1999, by Mirzo Shakurzoda.

???? ? ?????? ? ????? ????           ?? ?? ??? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??????
 
http://www.bbc.co.uk/persian/arts/story/2006/05/060529_er_layeq_sheerali-pr.shtml


Quote from: marmol;6674
my favorite tajiks heros are the one who made so much sacrifice financialy,intelectualie,to promote and defend our culture and heritige.sieforah niazi who was behind mazari sharef rallies against the minister of culture,wasef bakhtari who stood up and defend the farsi language and condemn the minister on khorasan tv.hamed qhadiri the owner of khorasan tv who spend 15 to 20 thousand dollar of his own pocket to defend and promote our culture.and the administer of such websites as this one and the one like this that day and night are working really hard to make sure our voices heard around the globe.


You are right. We owe these courageous men and women a great deal of gratitude for their heroic acts. Thanks for sharing that with us.
Logged
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »

My Dear Tajik Zealots,

If you read these lines, I sincerely request you to show your zeal and post and share some of the Tajik leaders and scholars whom you find extraordinary and whom you consider a hero. There might also be many Tajiks world wide who might have done alot to the promotion of Tajik culture and awareness and we are unaware of them. Let even those men and women be heard of. Take a minute please and reply to this post. As I am typing these lines, one Tajik personality that keeps haunting my mind like a passion is Amer Sahib Shaheed, legendary commander and winner of the Cold War, Massoud The Great. May be it's because I am, as i type these lines, filled with alot of Khorasani patriotism. May his soul rest in peace and may he be dwelling the heaven that is known to Muslims as Firdaws (that also a Farsi name). Amen
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 12:24:09 PM by Neo Bactra » Logged
Unity
Research Team
Hero Member
*

Karma: +518/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1870


View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 01:05:52 PM »

Those who are not among us, is A.S.Masoud, those who are living are: Wasif Bakhtari, Pedram, Rahnaward Zariab, and i think many more.
Logged
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »

Thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:47:50 PM by Neo Bactra » Logged
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 01:41:40 PM »

Quote from: Rika Khana;6701
Those who are not among us, is A.S.Masoud, those who are living are: Wasif Bakhtari, Pedram, Rahnaward Zariab, and i think many more.


Add to the list Khowaja Bashir Ahmad Ansari and any doubt that Khorasan has ceased to have renowned scholars will be instantly removed. While I greatly admire Wasif Bakhtari for standing up so firmly in the face of the latest attack on our language, I believe Ansari is an Abu Muslim in the literary front. His logic is powerful. his reasoning is very persuasive.

Please also share with us some of your "historical" Tajik men and women. I am so eager to know.

Wsalam/Pedrood
Logged
Unity
Research Team
Hero Member
*

Karma: +518/-0
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 1870


View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 01:34:29 AM »

Quote from: Neo Bactra;6703
Add to the list Khowaja Bashir Ahmad Ansari


havent heard of him, please give us more information about him.
Logged
Neo Bactra
Jr. Member
**

Karma: +10/-0
Offline Offline

Posts: 75


View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 03:46:22 AM »

Quote from: Rika Khana;6723
havent heard of him, please give us more information about him.


www.bashiransari.com

His contributions are also on the following websites:

www.sarnavesht.com

www.paymanemeli.com

www.khawaran.com
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

 
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP bluBlur Skin 2006, hbSkins
Powered by SMF 2.0 RC1 | SMF © 2006–2009, Simple Machines LLC
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!