January 25, 2020, 03:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Persian Alphabet in Tajikistan  (Read 3665 times)
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« on: March 26, 2008, 06:29:20 AM »

I saw this article the first time in tajicam.com main page and wanted to share it with the others to exchange opinion.  I dont understand what is holding the tajiks in Tajikistan not to have persian alphabet back in the country, and what has Imam Ali Rahman has done to improve farsi/tajiki language? this whole issue puzzles me!

Provider navigation:
Summary | AAP | AFP | Asia Pulse | Photos
 Wednesday March 26, 01:53 PM
Call For Tajikistan To Return To Alphabet Based On Arabic Script
DUSHANBE, March 26 Asia Pulse - Tajikistan ought to consider a means of gradually returning to traditional alphabet based on the Arabic script, according to an open letter sent by Nourmahamd Amirshohi, a researcher with the Institute of Oriental Studies and Written Heritage within the Tajik Academy Sciences, to President Emomali Rahmon.

Speaking in an interview with Asia-Plus, Amirshohi said he has raised the issue of returning to the traditional alphabet previously in his book, entitled Dar Durohai Fano and Ehyo (Collapse or Revival), that was published last year.
However, "relevant bodies have not paid a proper attention to this issue and I decided to appeal to our president and sent him a letter on this subject," Mr. Amirshohi said.

He justified his proposal to return to the traditional alphabet by claiming that the alphabet based on Cyrillic script had allegedly "led us to cultural crisis. This [Cyrillic] script narrows our opportunity," said the researcher, "we cannot introduce ourselves to international community and do not have enough access to modern scientific-cultural achievements civilized society.

"Iran regularly publishes a lot of books about the latest achievements of the modern world and using our own script, we could get access to all this and introduce ourselves to the Persian-speaking world." the reseracher said

Amirshohi also maintains that if we do not resolve this problem, our independence will be incomplete. "Besides, we should realize that we had been developing as nation due to this script and now have great heritage."

Adding that that sooner or later this issue will become topical. "Our cultural foundation is closely connected with this script, you know," Amirshohi said.

In his letter, he proposes to introduce the study of the traditional alphabet based on the Arabic script for 1st grade pupils beginning on September 1, 2008.

"In fifth grade, they will begin to study the Cyrillic script together with Russian language," he said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080326/3/169gq.html
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:15 PM »

It will be very interesting to see President Rahmon's reaction. I suspect the open letter was encouraged even by Rahmon so that he could respond to it positively, but that's what we have to find out. It must be a nightmare though to get all the teachers to learn Perso-Arabic script and teach everything (I assume since it starts from 1st grade) including math, geography, etc., in this script. I wonder how they could all learn it and the teach it to children in such a short time ...

Quote from: Rika Khana;7960
I saw this article the first time in tajicam.com main page and wanted to share it with the others to exchange opinion.  I dont understand what is holding the tajiks in Tajikistan not to have persian alphabet back in the country, and what has Imam Ali Rahman has done to improve farsi/tajiki language? this whole issue puzzles me!

Provider navigation:
Summary | AAP | AFP | Asia Pulse | Photos
 Wednesday March 26, 01:53 PM
Call For Tajikistan To Return To Alphabet Based On Arabic Script
DUSHANBE, March 26 Asia Pulse - Tajikistan ought to consider a means of gradually returning to traditional alphabet based on the Arabic script, according to an open letter sent by Nourmahamd Amirshohi, a researcher with the Institute of Oriental Studies and Written Heritage within the Tajik Academy Sciences, to President Emomali Rahmon.

Speaking in an interview with Asia-Plus, Amirshohi said he has raised the issue of returning to the traditional alphabet previously in his book, entitled Dar Durohai Fano and Ehyo (Collapse or Revival), that was published last year.
However, "relevant bodies have not paid a proper attention to this issue and I decided to appeal to our president and sent him a letter on this subject," Mr. Amirshohi said.

He justified his proposal to return to the traditional alphabet by claiming that the alphabet based on Cyrillic script had allegedly "led us to cultural crisis. This [Cyrillic] script narrows our opportunity," said the researcher, "we cannot introduce ourselves to international community and do not have enough access to modern scientific-cultural achievements civilized society.

"Iran regularly publishes a lot of books about the latest achievements of the modern world and using our own script, we could get access to all this and introduce ourselves to the Persian-speaking world." the reseracher said

Amirshohi also maintains that if we do not resolve this problem, our independence will be incomplete. "Besides, we should realize that we had been developing as nation due to this script and now have great heritage."

Adding that that sooner or later this issue will become topical. "Our cultural foundation is closely connected with this script, you know," Amirshohi said.

In his letter, he proposes to introduce the study of the traditional alphabet based on the Arabic script for 1st grade pupils beginning on September 1, 2008.

"In fifth grade, they will begin to study the Cyrillic script together with Russian language," he said.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/080326/3/169gq.html
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 08:27:12 AM »

They dont have to teach children and adult the farsi alphabet at once, indead it takes time, but they have to get started, this is the main point.  if they start it now, within a decade you'll see a new generation who can read and write in farsi.
Nastoh

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »

Few weeks ago, I also sent an email to President Rahman. This is what I wrote:

???? ??? ????? ?????????
???? ?? ??? ? ??????? ???. ?? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ?????. ?? ?? ????? ??? ????????? ????. ????? ????? ????????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ????? ??? ??? ?? ????. ?? ??? ?? ????? ????? ? ????. ?????? ????? ?? ??? ? ???? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ?? ????? ?? ? ?????? ??? ?? ?? ????? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ? ????? ??? ? ??????? ?? ??? ????. ????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ????? ?? ? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ??

اگر آزدی ما زیر سوال برود و اگر غرور ملی ما درهم شکسته شود و اگر استقلال ما نابود گردد، در آن صورت این زندگی ما کوچکترین لزت و ارزشی ندارد. احمد شاه مسعود
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »

That is cool ! Let's wait for the reply - but how can he find time to reply ? What is his email address ;) I would like to send a letter to him too :)
Quote from: Nastoh;8081

???? ??? ????? ?????????
???? ?? ??? ? ??????? ???. ?? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ?????. ?? ?? ????? ??? ????????? ????. ????? ????? ????????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ????? ??? ??? ?? ????. ?? ??? ?? ????? ????? ? ????. ?????? ????? ?? ??? ? ???? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ?? ????? ?? ? ?????? ??? ?? ?? ????? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ? ????? ??? ? ??????? ?? ??? ????. ????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ????? ?? ? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ???*? ? ?? ?? ???*? ?? ???? ??????? ???? ????. ??? ???? ??? ? ???? ??? ????? ????? ?? ? ????? ?? ??? ????? ???? ??? ? ???? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ????????? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ???

????? ?? ??????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ??????? ???? ???? ? ?? ?? ???? ????? ????????? ???? ????? ?? ????? ??? ?? ???? ?? ???. ???????? ?? ???? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ????? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??*???? ?????? ??? ??????
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 10:23:09 PM »

Go to his website  www.president.tj

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 02:47:14 AM »

Quote from: Nastoh;8081

???? ??? ????? ?????????
???? ?? ??? ? ??????? ???. ?? ?? ?????? ???? ??? ?? ?????. ?? ?? ????? ??? ????????? ????. ????? ????? ????????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ? ????? ?? ?????? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ????? ??? ??? ?? ????. ?? ??? ?? ????? ????? ? ????. ?????? ????? ?? ??? ? ???? ??? ?? ?????? ?? ?? ?? ???? ????? ????? ?????? ?? ?? ????? ?? ? ?????? ??? ?? ?? ????? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ? ????? ??? ? ??????? ?? ??? ????. ????? ??? ??? ?? ?? ????? ?? ? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ? ?? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??????? ???? ????. ??? ???? ??? ? ???? ??? ????? ????? ?? ? ????? ?? ??? ????? ???? ??? ? ???? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ????????? ???? ?????? ???? ??? ???

????? ?? ??????? ?? ?????? ???? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ??????? ???? ???? ? ?? ?? ???? ????? ????????? ???? ????? ?? ????? ??? ?? ???? ?? ???. ???????? ?? ???? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ????? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?????? ?????? ??? ??????

but, will he have time to read our letters/e-mails?
rooyintan
Ashke Yekom
Research Team

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 04:45:30 AM »

Quote from: Rika Khana;8093

I bet his personal secretary reads it :D or maybe interns.

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 05:17:59 AM »

Quote from: rooyintan;8096
I bet his personal secretary reads it :D or maybe interns.

yea, and the message will  be ignored.:mad:
Nastoh

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »

May be he reads it. At least he will know that someone has written him something on that regard.
Quote from: Rika Khana;8093

اگر آزدی ما زیر سوال برود و اگر غرور ملی ما درهم شکسته شود و اگر استقلال ما نابود گردد، در آن صورت این زندگی ما کوچکترین لزت و ارزشی ندارد. احمد شاه مسعود
Nastoh

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 03:45:13 PM »

Go to his website, get his email address and contact him.
Quote from: Nader Shah;8085
That is cool ! Let's wait for the reply - but how can he find time to reply ? What is his email address ;) I would like to send a letter to him too :)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: