September 28, 2020, 12:28:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion to deal with spammers  (Read 3879 times)
Kamyar

View Profile Email
« on: July 09, 2008, 01:18:13 AM »

Dear Gul Agha and Superior,

These spammers are a threat to our forum and community here.

There is a way to make them disappear for ever.

When registering the user should have to type in an image authentication. I'm sure Superior is familiar with that.

Then we will never again have anyone coming here spamming with advertisements.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:42:05 AM by Kamyar » Logged
Khurasani
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:08:14 AM »

That image authentication can be passed by those bots(it is now on here in this forum). So let's see for different solutions..

I couldn't find an Algorithm for the problem - Afghanistan!...
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:08:24 AM »

Actually, I think we need to "verify" new members before they reach final stage of registration and start posting their spams. What we could do is that every registrant's info will be sent to one of admins for review and if the "nickname and registration form" filled out correctly, then send him activation page by which user can activate his account. This might take little bit longer for a registrant to post, but it will secure more and keep spammers out of the site. Maybe that will work, huh?

By the way, nice outlet for Tajikam.com! Thanks everybody who contributed for that.

Pors.

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
Kamyar

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 12:47:33 AM »

I don't think we should make it too hard to make a new account. Right now it is perfect.

How do the bots get through the image authentication?

Does a user manually make an account first and then use the bot after?

In that case, I guess we can't stop this spammer but we should delete his posts quickly to make sure he gets the message that spamming is not tolerated here and he is wasting his own time if he makes more spamming accounts.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:51:25 AM by Kamyar » Logged
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 03:15:20 AM »

I noticed on a different forum (Iran Defence) anyone with less than 30 posts is not allowed to post a link ... and whenever bots post a link it looks so funny and pathetic because the only things users see is "I can't have a link because I have less than 30 posts" which can be discouraging for most bots :D But of course, there might be other ways to deal with this problem ... use your Tajik creativity :p
Quote from: Khurasani;11128
That image authentication can be passed by those bots(it is now on here in this forum). So let's see for different solutions..
Khurasani
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 06:03:43 AM »

Quote from: Kamyar;11292
I don't think we should make it too hard to make a new account. Right now it is perfect.

How do the bots get through the image authentication?

Does a user manually make an account first and then use the bot after?

In that case, I guess we can't stop this spammer but we should delete his posts quickly to make sure he gets the message that spamming is not tolerated here and he is wasting his own time if he makes more spamming accounts.

Actually for now we are doing that. Delete all Posts and ban the bot.
"Activate Users moderately" as you say is not fair for nowadays, because it need times to activate the user and the user may be waiting an Admin to activate his/her acount all day.

Khurasani
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 06:07:36 AM »

Quote from: Nader Shah;11322
I noticed on a different forum (Iran Defence) anyone with less than 30 posts is not allowed to post a link ... and whenever bots post a link it looks so funny and pathetic because the only things users see is "I can't have a link because I have less than 30 posts" which can be discouraging for most bots :D But of course, there might be other ways to deal with this problem ... use your Tajik creativity :p

When we have an average of 15 new user registration in a day; that option may solve the problem ... But for now it is not fair.

Yeah once again User your Tajik creativity..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: