March 28, 2020, 01:46:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insults and curse words should be modable offenses.  (Read 14615 times)
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

There are no ifs and buts :) It is so :D Not only literacy is higher, but people are not superstitious and blindly religious as many are in Iran (unfortunately).
Quote from: Kambiz;12013
You might be right. And I agree with Pors-jan that technically Tajikistan is the most literate Persophone country, but...
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »

Quote from: Nader Shah;12015
You are unfortunately right about the first part, but I am afraid you are wrong on the second part. Literacy rate of Afghanistan is 29% at best (I even saw 11%). Don't you think Tajikistan's rate is slightly higher ;) like 100% :D And while Iran is pretty bad by Western Standards at around 85%, it is not so bad by third world standards (and not great either). I am not here to brag about Iran or Tajikistan, I would love to see Afghanistan move forward rapidly as I feel ashamed whenever I have to mention that Afghans are largely Persian-speaking (people have a kind of smile which says: ah I see how backward you people would have been without oil).

Dear Nadir Shah,

There is no harm to tell the truth, actually we need to be truthful with everything and assess things the way are in order to walk in the right path.  Having daydreaming and turning your eyes to the realities will only lead us to mor misary and uncertainty.  Actually, Afghanistan's literacy rate might be much lower than what you say.  Literacy doesnt only mean to read and write in a broken way.  As per Tj and Iran, I am glad to see they are in that stage, i didnt know it before.
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 02:31:04 AM »

Some corrections. Using the same source for all, ie CIA factbook:
1) Tajikistan: 99/5%
2) Iran: 77% (other article: quite bad, it is ranked 87th among 187 countries which is shameful :( see http://www.payvand.com/news/08/may/1068.html
3) Afghanistan: 28 %

Quote from: Rika Khana;12029
Dear Nadir Shah,

There is no harm to tell the truth, actually we need to be truthful with everything and assess things the way are in order to walk in the right path.  Having daydreaming and turning your eyes to the realities will only lead us to mor misary and uncertainty.  Actually, Afghanistan's literacy rate might be much lower than what you say.  Literacy doesnt only mean to read and write in a broken way.  As per Tj and Iran, I am glad to see they are in that stage, i didnt know it before.
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 02:36:18 AM »

:( What have Pashtuns done to this country :confused:
Afghanistan is #6 in the world, in reverse order :D:(

Ranking of countries with Lowest Literacy Rate   
     1.   Burkina Faso 12,8    (%)   
     2.    Niger       14,4         (%)   
     3.    Chad       19,0         (%)   
     4.   Sierra Leone 25,5         (%)   
     5.    Benin       29,6         (%)   
     6.    Afghanistan  33,6     (%)   
     7.    Gambia       36,0         (%)   
     8.    Senegal       37,8         (%)   
     9. Guinea Bissau  39,3         (%)   
     10.    Guinea       39,6         (%)   

http://www.all-rankings.com/rank.php?r=cd968a2bb0
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 02:49:03 AM »

Quote from: Nader Shah;12034
Some corrections. Using the same source for all, ie CIA factbook:
1) Tajikistan: 99/5%
2) Iran: 77% (other article: quite bad, it is ranked 87th among 187 countries which is shameful :( see http://www.payvand.com/news/08/may/1068.html
3) Afghanistan: 28 %

Although CIA sources seems credible to me, but it totally surprises me if they put Afghanistan to 28%!!
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 02:51:05 AM »

Well, it is put even higher as 34% in this ranking:
http://www.all-rankings.com/rank.php?r=cd968a2bb0
But take a look at the other countries, and look at the rank from the bottom

Quote from: Rika Khana;12037
Although CIA sources seems credible to me, but it totally surprises me if they put Afghanistan to 28%!!
shinno
Nothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 02:52:25 AM »

Well Afghanistan has been at war on and off for the last 30 years and many educational institutions have been destroyed but hopefully things will get better. Another problem is the backward mentality of parents who don't let their kids go to school becuase they are afraid they will become westernized by the education and this is specially true for girls. Another problem is poverty so many parents instead of sending their children to school make them work so they miss out on eduction. Hopefully in the future we will have a compatent government who cares about its people and bring reforms to change build schools and get rid of people's backward and tribalistic thinking.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 02:55:33 AM »

Quote from: shinno;12039
Well Afghanistan has been at war on and off for the last 30 years and many educational institutions have been destroyed but hopefully things will get better. Another problem is the backward mentality of parents who don't let their kids go to school becuase they are afraid they will become westernized by the education and this is specially true for girls. Another problem is poverty so many parents instead of sending their children to school make them work so they miss out on eduction. Hopefully in the future we will have a compatent government who cares about its people and bring reforms to change build schools and get rid of people's backward and tribalistic thinking.

To be honest with you, we were not any better even before the War.  Although i wish good lcuk for my country, but i do not see any better prospet for it.
shinno
Nothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2008, 03:08:34 AM »

Afghanistan is a landlocked country without any significant natural resources like oil (Iran) so we can't use that to build schools. Tajikistan while it also doesn't have any significant resources is still highly educated i think becuase of funding and policies of the soviet union who have secularized the  country to large extent and people don't have the same backward mentality like in AFG. I will be honest with you and say that pashtuns are one of the biggest problems for this in AFG becuase of their old ways of living. Some of us don't follow neither islam nor secular ideas because if we were we wouldn't stop our kids from education as islam says "it is fard on every man and woman to get education".
In AFG why do you need education when you can get everything you want by stealing, killing and looting and working for your local warlord.
shinno
Nothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2008, 03:16:48 AM »

Quote from: Rika Khana;12040
To be honest with you, we were not any better even before the War.  Although i wish good lcuk for my country, but i do not see any better prospet for it.

Dear Rika Khana
I can see a very good prospect if we unite and give justice to all those who have been wronged in the past and if we can then just forgive eachother.
The problem is not in our genes as tajiks also live in tajikistan who are highly educcated and pashtuns also live in Pakistan where they are adequetly educated. The atomic bomb for pakistan was created by a pashtun (Abdul Qadir  Khan,  the first afghan astronaut was pashtun (Abdul Ahad Mohmand). The common thing between those countries is that they haven't been  in significant wars like AFG. I think AFG needs a long period of peace so people can get education and inshallah the next generation would be different.
TajMahal

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2008, 05:24:52 AM »

Nice zoo :D :D

@Shinno

Abdul Qadir Khan wasn´t Pashtun but an Indian from Bopal i guess. He didn´t create the atombomb for Pakistan but asked for the curricula and the ressources. The provider was a french? man that betrayed his native country and sold it´s secrets to Pakistan. The first atombomb that Pakistan got was from North Korea with Uranium from Iran.

Abdul Ahad Mohmand was also not a Pashtun (the same goes for 2 or 3 other famous people from Afghanistan Pashtuns consider them as Pashtuns), at least not a real or full one (also it is not sure if he is one or not because he does not make comments on it same for a Tajik or Hazara descent, maybe he belong to Shia Qazilbash people, tough his name is ''Mohmand'' (a Arabo-Persian word and not unusually toward Tajiks like Dorani or Niazi). He was a half Tajik and his family live with us door by door. He even cannot speak a word Pashto. (a Pashtun is someone who practice Pashtunwali and speak Pashtu, right?) His family who live with us speak only Farsi and call themself Tajiks, only sometimes they say they have also a Pashtun origine in the family (they do not really ''know'' about it). My father told me (he is his friend) that with Abdul Mohmand there were 50 other high ranked members of the Afghanistan´s air force and military (the majority of them were of course Tajiks since 3 of 4 generals of the military were already of Pashtun ethnic) but he was chosen coincidentally. Don´t be proud of him because it was not Afghanistan that sent him to the space (with the space-shuttle MIR) but the Soviets, Afgahnistan´s best friend on those days.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 10:08:19 AM by TajMahal » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: