March 28, 2020, 02:23:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Request From Admins  (Read 2129 times)
Pur e Zaal

View Profile Email
« on: August 25, 2008, 12:08:19 AM »

Dear Admins,

This forum might be utilized by international students for research purposes. Please delete posts that deal with "figures", "percentages",  "characters", and "numbers" that are biased against Tajiks.

If you allow that, it will be even a "credible" source for those interested and research students who would then quote those figures as "authentic", claiming that they are taken from a "Tajik" forum. Please do not allow our Tajik tolerance and "freedom of expression" to be politically manipulated and exploited for the promotion and propogation of Afghan lies that always result in Tajik loss.

The issue gets even more sensitive when it deals with the ethnic composition of Afghanistan where the figures are devastatingly biased against Tajiks.

Those Afghan brothers who are interested in their inflated and self-made population numbers can keep their figures within their own websites and forums.

In protest to the figures and "sources" that have highly anti-Tajik agendas, I will stop participating in the forum untill I see the post "Ethnic Composition of Afghanistan" removed by the Admins.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:46:36 AM »

Yes, very true.
Ghorzang

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:38:25 AM »

This is a discussion forum. What is the point of censoring everything? When I am not here for 2/3 days the entire forum is dead. Like one of the members mentioned, you don't only need members that you can always Agree with, you also need members that you can disagree with. Censoring every post will just reduce member participation, which in return will destroy the entire forum. A dead forum will not be used for research purposes.

By deleting my posts, you are just giving up on me and you are telling the world (including the researchers) that this is a biased forum and everything is censored. I doubt the researchers will take a highly biased and censored forum very serious.

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:41:55 AM by Ghorzang » Logged
Kambiz
Dervish
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:08:18 AM »

Quote from: Ghorzang;14271
This is a discussion forum. What is the point of censoring everything? When I am not here for 2/3 days the entire forum is dead. Like one of the members mentioned, you don't only need members that you can always Agree with, you also need members that you can disagree with. Censoring every post will just reduce member participation, which in return will destroy the entire forum. A dead forum will not be used for research purposes.

By deleting my posts, you are just giving up on me and you are telling the world (including the researchers) that this is a biased forum and everything is censored. I doubt the researchers will take a highly biased and censored forum very serious.

Thank you

Presumably vice versa. By deleting biased and inaccurate data the forum will become unbiased and accurate.
Ghorzang

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:58:21 AM »

Quote from: Kambiz;14328
Presumably vice versa. By deleting biased and inaccurate data the forum will become unbiased and accurate.

You might have to delete more than half of the posts in here, if you want to make this an unbiased forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: