August 14, 2020, 04:16:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The destruction of another Sunni mosque in Iran  (Read 6981 times)
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« on: August 27, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »

The destruction of another Sunni mosque in Iran and its consequences

Reza Hossein Borr - 8/27/2008

The security forces of Iran attacked a mosque and a religious school at three o'clock in the morning today, 27 August 2008, arrested the students and staff and destroyed the mosque and the religious school in the North East of Baluchistan, Iran. The security forces used several bulldozers and tractors to completely destroy the building of Imam Abu Hanifa Mosque in Azimabad, a suburb of the city of Zabol. Nobody knows what has happened to the students, teachers and staff of the school and the mosque. The people who witnessed this morning operations observed that the students and teachers were very frightened. The security forces began beating them as soon as they attacked the school and bundled them into secure police cars as they were crying and screaming. The attack happened at a time that all of the students and staff were sleeping. There was not any warning by the police or security forces about the destruction of the mosque and the school.

The Iranian authorities destroyed another mosque about a year ago in the northern part of Iran and its Imam and staff were arrested and thrown into prison. Several mosques which belonged to the Sunnis of Iran have been destroyed since the emergence of the Shia fanatic Republic of Iran. There are 15 to 20 million Sunnis in Iran. They have been discriminated against systematically. Molana Ahamad Narouee, the deputy director of the main theological school in Zahedan was arrested two weeks ago. The security forces have demanded that the religious school must expel all foreign students who are studying at the school. According to the head of the school a small number of students from the Central Asian republics are studying in the school. But they have been denied students visas. There are hundreds of Shia students from the Central Asian republics who are studying in different Shia theological schools of Iran.

Fifteen thousand foreign students are studying in the Iranian Shia schools. The Iranian regime has given them scholarship and pays for their families too. These students learn the Iranian version of Shia which believes the Sunnis are infidels. The students will return back to their home countries with very strong radical, militant and anti-Sunni studies which will create enormous divisions between the Sunnis and Shia population of Islamic countries.

Imam Abu Hanifa Mosque was destroyed once before and the people had to relocate it. The religious leaders of Baluchistan and Iran protested against destruction of the Sunni mosques but so far the Iranian regime has continued its policy of destroying Sunni mosques in different parts of Iran while it is building new Shia mosques in Sunni dominated villages and cities. The Irna news agency reported on 25th of August that the government has sent 600 Shia missionaries to the Sunni dominated areas of Baluchistan to convert the Sunnis in Islam as if the Sunnis are not Moslems. The way they have trained these missionaries indicate that they clearly believe that the Sunnis are not Moslems and they must be converted into Shiism which is the real Islam. The process of Shiaeezation of the Sunnis began from the beginning of Islamic Republic but so far the regime has very little success in converting the Sunnis into Shiism, yet the financial rewards that the Iranian regime is providing for the newly-converted Moslems

( Shia) have been very tempting as some of the Afghani and Pakistani Shias have gone to Iran and claimed to be Baluch Sunnis and they were ready to have the honour of becoming Moslems (Shia). The Shia fanatic regime pays thousands of dollars to the newly converted Shias to persuade them to convert their relatives and children. Consequently some bloody disputes have happened among the members of the same family who have refused to change their religion.

The destruction of Imam Abu Hanifa Mosque in Azimabad will not be the last onslaught of the Shia regime on the Sunnis of Iran. The Iranian constitution allows diversity of religion and respects the performance of religious duties but the Iranian regime ignores its own constitution and arrests religious leaders, destroys the Sunni schools and mosques. In reaction to the systematic Shia offensive on the Baluch and other Sunnis of Iran, the process of intensification of religious feelings in Sunnis are widening and deepening all over ran. As the Iranian regime defines itself as the lawful and legitimate heritage of Islam, the Iranian Sunnis have responded by identifying themselves as true Moslems.

The Iranian Sunnis were usually secular minded people but the Shia aggression has turned them into Sunni political militants. Lack of support by the international community and Islamic countries have pushed the Sunni Muslims of Iran towards the only sources of support that are available and they are Taleban and Alqaedah. The international community could have supported the Sunnis of Iran to move them away from Taleban and Alqaedah but it seems that there is a concerted effort to allow the Islamic Shia regime of Iran to continue the oppression of the Sunnis. There was some news that some young Iranian Sunnis who have been disappointed by the Islamic and Arab governments have become sympathetic to Taleban. The majority of the people who live in the Eastern part of Iran are Sunnis and when they become sympathetic to Taleban, the movement of Taleban and Alqaedah members and the power of their manoeuvres in the region become more dynamic and widespread. The pressure by the government on the Sunnis is so brutal that the Sunnis feel desperate for any kind of help which relieves some of the pressures on them. The Sunni governments and countries so far have refused to help them directly as the Iranian regime is widely supporting the Shias of all countries, or exerting some practical pressure on the Iranian regime to stop further discrimination and pressure on them.

The international community must use all United Nations Conventions and human rights charters which allow freedom of worship to exert pressure on the Iranian regime to halt the destruction of Sunni mosques and media onslaught on Sunni principles. The Iranian Sunnis witness everyday unbearable offences against the Sunni principles of Islam. The intensification of pressure on Sunnis would have severe consequences, not only for Iran and Iranians but also for international community when the patience of Sunnis ran out and a religious war between the two sects of Islam may begin. At the same time when the pressure becomes unbearable on the Sunnis of Iran they may look for separation from Iran as their locations are located near the borders of Iran with other countries.

The Iranian government, the Shia population of Iran and the opposition groups of Iran, Iranian intellectuals, journalists and human rights activists will be responsible for any civil or religious war in Iran or for any separatist movement that maybe created in Iran if they do not stop the regime from further execution of the Sunni leaders and destruction of their schools, mosques and violations of their rights. The political, social and cultural discrimination against the Sunnis would have added consequences in which the Sunni people of Iran will lose any hope for a better life in Iran. Those Iranian who choose silence over the brutal oppression of the Iranian nationalities and Sunnis will be responsible for any civil war that might follow as the consequence of these repressive policies.

Reza Hossein Borr is a leadership consultant and the creator of 150 CDs and 14 Change management models. He is also the author of Manual Success, Manual of Coaching and Mentoring, Motivational Stories that Can Change Your Life, and a New Vision for the Islamic World. He can be contacted by email: balochfront@aol.com

Source: http://www.globalpolitician.com/25159-iran

:mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:confused:

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
shinno
Nothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:51:10 PM »

That is a shameful act by the akhunds. Let's hope its not turned into a sunni vs shia thing. The akhunds don't represent shia islam and are mostly corrupt and only care about their power. It is ironic that these akhunds claim that the shia were prosecuted by the sunnis in the past for their beliefs while they are doing the exact same thing to the sunnis now.
It is always the poor people caught in the middle, its so sad. If these akhunds believe religion is the right one, surely they can withstand opposing point of views, if they indeed are right.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »

Although, Akhunds might have done not a right thing destroying the mosque, I don't think Akhunds had bad intentions undertaking such action. I think it's because of their concerns of raising number of radical Sunnis inside Iran, which leaves them no choice but to take touch measures against them. I think theoretically it's not good and just, yet when we talk about real consequences and long-term effects then it does matter for Akhunds. So, both sides should be taken into consideration and a fair choice of solution.

Pors.

Quote from: shinno;14434
That is a shameful act by the akhunds. Let's hope its not turned into a sunni vs shia thing. The akhunds don't represent shia islam and are mostly corrupt and only care about their power. It is ironic that these akhunds claim that the shia were prosecuted by the sunnis in the past for their beliefs while they are doing the exact same thing to the sunnis now.
It is always the poor people caught in the middle, its so sad. If these akhunds believe religion is the right one, surely they can withstand opposing point of views, if they indeed are right.

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
shinno
Nothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 04:33:08 PM »

Quote from: PORS;14436
Although, Akhunds might have done not a right thing destroying the mosque, I don't think Akhunds had bad intentions undertaking such action. I think it's because of their concerns of raising number of radical Sunnis inside Iran, which leaves them no choice but to take touch measures against them. I think theoretically it's not good and just, yet when we talk about real consequences and long-term effects then it does matter for Akhunds. So, both sides should be taken into consideration and a fair choice of solution.

Pors.

Whatever the intentions of Mullahs were, it doesn't send a good signal to the people of balochistan and gives excuses to the speratists and radicals to become even more radicalized. If the Mullahs want to solve this problem i think they should seriously look into the issue of balochistan as it is one of the most under developed regions of Iran. They should spend their resources equally all over the country so poeple are not discriminated against because of their religious affiliations. I have heard that there is not even one sunni mosque inside Tehran, (correct me if i am wrong). I undrestand that there might be foreign powers trying to destabalize Iran by using these dissatisfied poeples and taking advantage of them for their own purposes. Iran has to be careful that this problem doesn't escalate and play into the hands of the enemies.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:56:57 PM »

Yes, that's why Akhunds have planned to undertake it in the early morning and performed the task as fast as they could. Still, Akhunds are not stupid to let this to become a big issue. I am positive they have thoroughly thought and then have done it.

I am sure they had more incentives than we have mentioned in order to take such measures against troublemakers. But still it's too early to make judgement especially from one source which has been written who knows for what reason.

Regards,

Pors.

Quote from: shinno;14440
Whatever the intentions of Mullahs were, it doesn't send a good signal to the people of balochistan and gives excuses to the speratists and radicals to become even more radicalized. If the Mullahs want to solve this problem i think they should seriously look into the issue of balochistan as it is one of the most under developed regions of Iran. They should spend their resources equally all over the country so poeple are not discriminated against because of their religious affiliations. I have heard that there is not even one sunni mosque inside Tehran, (correct me if i am wrong). I undrestand that there might be foreign powers trying to destabalize Iran by using these dissatisfied poeples and taking advantage of them for their own purposes. Iran has to be careful that this problem doesn't escalate and play into the hands of the enemies.

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
hazara_man
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 07:39:27 PM »

my hazara bit on this topic ;)

reason for destroying mosque was not because of sunni nature of it, but almost certainly because the authorities found a cache of armaments inside the mosques (used by rebels, or drug dealers ...who knows) and to punish them helping the rebels they destroyed the mosque

Quote from: PORS;14436

Pors.
Ghorzang

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 01:04:37 AM »

And the Persians and Shia are fighting for their rights in Afghanistan with the help of Iranians. Try to bring democracy in Iran and Tajikistan first and than ask for democracy in Afghanistan. They are destroying Sunni mosques in Iran, while they are busy building a center for Shia in the center of Kabul (God knows how many acres of land they have used for this mosque). It is one of the biggest projects in the entire Afghanistan. We won't get rid of this Islamic Center. Once time comes, we will use it as a center for Sunnis.
Khorasanpur
Sunrise

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:53:39 AM »

First of all see the source of the news, how reliable is the source? I am sure the producer of the article has an anti Iranian agenda.  Fundamentalist Balochis who are against shias and Iran for political reasons spread propagations and lies against Iranian government for being anti sunni sect of Islam. By doing so, as a sunni minority group in Iran, they get the sympathies and attention of sunnis worldwide. Nevertheless, the hatred of Pashtuns towrads Shias are known to the world. This hatred is not limited to Iranian shias or Hazara shias but minority Pashtun shias are just as much hated by the majority tribal Pashtun sunnis.
Here is a typical view of a tribal Pashtun Mullah/Akhond/Preacher
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEojfnqqBtw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEojfnqqBtw</a>

and this is what tribal sunni Pashtuns did to their own Pashtuns who were shias.

Warning:the pictures are graphic, so if you cant stand blood and amputated arms and legs, dont open the link.

Pashtunwali - Tribalism - Barbarism
http://www.shaheedfoundation.org/foundationnews.asp?Id=693&Type=News
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:00:24 AM by Khorasanpur » Logged

“Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”  Jalal ad-Din Balkhi
Ahhangar
Ahhangar

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:30:59 AM »

Quote from: Khorasanpur;14476
First of all see the source of the news, how reliable is the source? I am sure the producer of the article has an anti Iranian agenda.  Fundamentalist Balochis who are against shias and Iran for political reasons spread propagations and lies against Iranian government for being anti sunni sect of Islam. By doing so, as a sunni minority group in Iran, they get the sympathies and attention of sunnis worldwide. Nevertheless, the hatred of Pashtuns towrads Shias are known to the world. This hatred is not limited to Iranian shias or Hazara shias but minority Pashtun shias are just as much hated by the majority tribal Pashtun sunnis.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEojfnqqBtw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEojfnqqBtw</a>

What has Shia hating tribal Pashtuns got to do with Iraq?

Spineless Hazara, it is notable that Mullah Haqqani was not that bad when you Hazara Shia fundementalist Ali Mazari united with him in his fight against Massoud (allying with Hekmatyar)....all of it with the active approval of the Shia Akhonds of Iran!  - and now you complain about his anti Shiasm on Haqqani's part - using a fabricated video, using a voice that is not Mullah Haqqani - but the voice of some other guy from Paltalk.

The Akhonds of Iran are commited to driving the Sunnis out the centres of power in Iraq - and like they have done within Iran - they destroy building and sites used by Sunnis.

The Imaam Abu Hanfia mosque was bombed in the same manner in Iraq. Within Iran - they destroyed the resting place Imaam Ghazali !

Ahhangar
Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »

Dorood to everyone,

I was on a trip the last month and I was unable to take part in your discussions but now I am back and you will be seeing more of me in this forum.

We cannot blame the Persians for this act because the current Iranian government is mostly controlled by Arab Sayeds and Azeris. There are more Sunni Persians in Iran than Baluchis and shia Persians in Iran never had and will never have an anti sunni agenda.

Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad
به نام خداوند جان و خرد, کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد
Rostam
Khorasani

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 11:39:41 AM »

Welcome back gul aqha-e gerami :)
hazara_man
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 09:09:54 PM »

Arab Sayeds ? BS !

They are muslim fundamentalists and therefore infected with Arab memes (see definition of this term below) from Islam and Arab culture. It has nothing to do with being Sayed or not. Similarly, Afghanistan is infected with Arab memes (Islam & Arab Tribal Culture, especially Sunni Pashtoons & Talibanites) even worse than in Iran, more backward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

As for Azeris controlling government, I thought that was Oslonor's theory. Are you an Oslonor sympathizer by any chance ? Azeris are certainly very influential but it is a leap of faith - mostly taken by Afghans such as Ghorzang and those Tajiks brainwashed by Afghans - and such statements have been refuted before by other members of this forum

Hazaras control Iran too ? Do they control Afghanistan's business increasingly, especially in Kabul ? Yes !

Long Live Hazaras & Solidarity with Tajiks.

Quote from: Gul agha;14481
the current Iranian government is mostly controlled by Arab Sayeds and Azeris.
Mahasti
Kichkenpoor

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 04:27:51 AM »

Sunni mosque destroyed? SO what? They may destroy all the mosques and religious communities from my part.

خواستم تا سخني پرسم از او گفت خموش

نیست اين كعبه كه بي پا و سر آيي بــه طواف

وين نه مسجد كه درآن بي خـبر آيي به خروش

اين خرابات مغانـــــست، در آن مــــستانند

ازدم صبح ازل تا به قيامــــت مـــدهــــــوش

گر تو را هست درين شيوه، ســـر يــكرنــــگي

دين و دانش به يكي جرعه بفروش
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 04:57:42 AM »

Quote from: NightWish;14513
Sunni mosque destroyed? SO what? They may destroy all the mosques and religious communities from my part.

Why?
Khorasanpur
Sunrise

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 07:27:51 AM »

Quote from: NightWish;14513

and erect zoroastrian temples in their places:D

“Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”  Jalal ad-Din Balkhi
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: