February 25, 2020, 03:03:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Foreign vocabulars in Persian language in general and in it´s diff. dialects  (Read 28983 times)
saam.sadeghi

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 02:51:59 PM »

Thank you so much for all this information!

I use "naam" more than "esm," but it depends on the situation.  I should start using "nasab."  Is it spelled naan,aleph,sin,naan, and be?

We should make a topic for Middle Persian words and list as much as we can.

PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 04:18:01 PM »

You are welcome, Saam-e arjmand. By the way, I am waiting for my friend's response to your inquiry about "anar" and "nar" :)

As for the spelling of "nasab", I think Unity or Khurasani can help you out with that.

- Pors

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »

Saam-i arjmand,

Injo baroyaton posukhi dustamro dar borai pursishi shumo ru meoram. Umed doram, posukhi u ki yak mardi vozhashinosi Porsi ast, baroyaton darajae rushnoi andokht. Poyon posukhi ust:

"Az aan jaae, ki man dar en foorsati kootaah pazhouhish namoodam, ba nazar merasad ki harfe shoomaa doroost ast. Dar vaaqhe  "naar"-e Taazi (Arabi) baa "anaar"-e Paarsi hej rabte nadaarad. Dar asl en dou vaazheh "anaar" ast va shakle kootaahe aan shooda, ki beshtar ba khaatere vazn estefaada mishavad.

Loghatnaamei Dehkhoda, ki enjaanib aanraa mootabartarin farhange zabaane Paarsi midaanam, hej eshaarae ba rabte en dou vaazheh nanamouda. "

In bud nomai u.

Tandurustu piruz bimoned,

- Pors
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:06:47 PM by PORS » Logged

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »

Does anyone know if Farhange Aamid can be found online the same way as Loghatnamah Dehkhoda?
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 01:08:24 PM »

In nakhust bor ast, ki dar borai in farhang mishnavam. Kase dar borai in shunida yo khonda?

- Pors

Does anyone know if Farhange Aamid can be found online the same way as Loghatnamah Dehkhoda?

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 01:14:01 PM »

In nakhust bor ast, ki dar borai in farhang mishnavam. Kase dar borai in shunida yo khonda?

- Pors

It is an excellent Farhang.  and very famous
saam.sadeghi

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 05:18:46 PM »

Is there another way of saying "book" that is not Arabic? 

Tashakur az mohebatetaan. 
Khurasanzad
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »

In Tajikistan, I haven't heard anybody saying "esm" to refer to people's first names. Perhaps there are some but the number is probably below 1%. Also, people in Afghanistan and Iran say "esmi faamilie" (or something to that close) to refer to people's last names, while in TJ everybody says "nasab". As far as I know, "naam" and "nasab" are two of the older words from Middle Persian. - Pors

there are some words that are much older than we can imagine. ''nam'' (name), ''giriftan'' (taking, gripping), ''darakht'' (tree) etc. have indogrm origine and so they are older than middle-iranic or middle-persian language. Zamin is absolutely Persian, indgm (polish: zmin and zmirn), same for (s)tan and ''san'' which is related with ''ton''  (WashingTon), state, staat etc,  ''(t)ian''...ect, Also Anar is Persian, related with modern german word granatapfel. List all your words you wanna know their origine. I will answer them as soon as I can.
Words that entered Arab language and even the Kuran (I won´t count all) are ''din'', ''dawa'', ''Jinn'' etc. Unfortunately we have some three or five words in Persian that are not aryanic but seems to be and are in plus more than 3000 years old. Such a word is ''Kuh/Koh'' (mountain), which possibly drives from the Babylonian word ''Kaufa'' (mountain),also the word seems having an aryan origine. But the aryan Persian equivalence would be gor(a). Think about them.

@Unity, have you found the origine of ''Gorbah'' (Cat)?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:05:45 PM by Khurasanzad » Logged
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 02:50:24 AM »

Khurasanzad,

I don't see any credibility or source to your definitions. Everybody can put it out there and bring logic to that and say "list all your words you wanna know their origin."

If you want to convince people, bring some sources.

Thanks,

- Pors

In Tajikistan, I haven't heard anybody saying "esm" to refer to people's first names. Perhaps there are some but the number is probably below 1%. Also, people in Afghanistan and Iran say "esmi faamilie" (or something to that close) to refer to people's last names, while in TJ everybody says "nasab". As far as I know, "naam" and "nasab" are two of the older words from Middle Persian. - Pors

there are some words that are much older than we can imagine. ''nam'' (name), ''giriftan'' (taking, gripping), ''darakht'' (tree) etc. have indogrm origine and so they are older than middle-iranic or middle-persian language. Zamin is absolutely Persian, indgm (polish: zmin and zmirn), same for (s)tan and ''san'' which is related with ''ton''  (WashingTon), state, staat etc,  ''(t)ian''...ect, Also Anar is Persian, related with modern german word granatapfel. List all your words you wanna know their origine. I will answer them as soon as I can.
Words that entered Arab language and even the Kuran (I won´t count all) are ''din'', ''dawa'', ''Jinn'' etc. Unfortunately we have some three or five words in Persian that are not aryanic but seems to be and are in plus more than 3000 years old. Such a word is ''Kuh/Koh'' (mountain), which possibly drives from the Babylonian word ''Kaufa'' (mountain),also the word seems having an aryan origine. But the aryan Persian equivalence would be gor(a). Think about them.

@Unity, have you found the origine of ''Gorbah'' (Cat)?

PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 02:54:09 AM »

Yes,

There is an Persian word for book (ketaab or kitob). I will post it later for you Saam-e arjmand.

Best,

- Pors

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 02:55:29 AM »

Yes,

0There is an Persian word for book (ketaab or kitob). I will post it later for you S0aam-e arjmand.

Best,

- Pors

I think Ketab is Arabic.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 03:00:16 AM »

@ Unity,

Of course, it's Arabic. :)

- Pors

Khurasanzad
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 08:56:17 AM »

Pors Jan,

what do you think about me and what I am ''teaching'' here? I never have created any lies or absurd theories if it was about Tajiks or Persian language, since I always use good sources (I have my own privat bibliotheke with over 210 books) and encys. That´s what Puta Khazana and other Punjabi and Arabi fabricated books are doing. I can´t understand your problem. What is please not understandable with the word ''darakht'' MIDDLE-PERSIAN/PARTHIAN/SOGDIAN and the modern english word ''Tree''? Where is the problem with understanding that the word ''Band'' and band'' from english and Persian have same origine and are related in their meanings or with ''stone'' and ''sang'' and ''stoghaan'' and ''bone'' and their related meanings with eachother. ''Qarya'' and greec ''Caryon''? hm...
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2009, 03:15:49 AM »

Khurasanzad,

I don't have any problems with your post. I would like to see the sources for your descriptions of words that you mentioned. You said you have your own library which is great. Just scan those pages and post them here so we can read them too.

Baa seepaas,

- Pors

Pors Jan,

what do you think about me and what I am ''teaching'' here? I never have created any lies or absurd theories if it was about Tajiks or Persian language, since I always use good sources (I have my own privat bibliotheke with over 210 books) and encys. That´s what Puta Khazana and other Punjabi and Arabi fabricated books are doing. I can´t understand your problem. What is please not understandable with the word ''darakht'' MIDDLE-PERSIAN/PARTHIAN/SOGDIAN and the modern english word ''Tree''? Where is the problem with understanding that the word ''Band'' and band'' from english and Persian have same origine and are related in their meanings or with ''stone'' and ''sang'' and ''stoghaan'' and ''bone'' and their related meanings with eachother. ''Qarya'' and greec ''Caryon''? hm...

dokhtare pulegun

View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »

"fikr kardan (to think) - arabic origine - khiaal kardan, kamaan kardan, andishidan, pendan kardan"
---
Khiaal is an Arabic word.

Gorbah is not an Arabic word.  It is from the Pahlavi, "gurbag."

Gul is NOT a Turkish word.  It comes from Pahlavi.

A friend and I were compiling an online Dari etymology dictionary.  It only had about 40 entries but it was all information we had verified- hence only a small number of entries.  Much of the information was from a Dari etymology dictionary I own.  I really enjoy researching Persian etymology.. it simply is very fascinating.  There is currently an online Pahlavi dictionary located here:
http://webapps.uni-koeln.de/tamil
I'm sure you guys will enjoy it too :) 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 05:48:36 PM by dokhtare pulegun » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: