August 19, 2019, 03:07:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran's election - fair?  (Read 6017 times)
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:00:28 PM »

Hey Guys,

I think pretty much everybody is following news today and Iran's recent election turned out big victory in favor of Ahmadejad, while most people abroad and inside Iran hoped Mousavi would win.

Although, I think election was gloomy, especially when it came to counting votes, I hope Iranians elected the president they wanted.

Do you think election results were fair?

- Pors

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:00:43 AM »

Iran is heading towards a crisis that might bring fundamental changes in the system. The regime might crumble with an internal power struggle between the Akhonds and this will weaken Khamenei.

Hey Guys,

I think pretty much everybody is following news today and Iran's recent election turned out big victory in favor of Ahmadejad, while most people abroad and inside Iran hoped Mousavi would win.

Although, I think election was gloomy, especially when it came to counting votes, I hope Iranians elected the president they wanted.

- Pors

Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad
به نام خداوند جان و خرد, کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 12:10:20 AM »

Gul Agha,

As you have mentioned, it might. But I think it's far from "might." Akhunds policies are based on belief and to change those beliefs people have to think very differently.

I read that those who have voted for Ahmadinejad are mostly from poor classes, and Mousavi's voters were from middle and educated class. On the ground, and it's in most places, poor class doesn't care much about democracy as long as you provide them with basic needs.

- Pors

Iran is heading towards a crisis that might bring fundamental changes in the system. The regime might crumble with an internal power struggle between the Akhonds and this will weaken Khamenei.

Hey Guys,

- Pors

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:09:40 AM »

It doesnt look like a fair election to me.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 02:27:28 AM »

Thanks Unity, I thought I missed other side of the story.

It seems everything has been blocked in Iran, from social networking sites to cell phone services.

Do majority of Iranians support Ahmadinejad?

- Pors

Lindt

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 02:43:23 AM »

There have been riots in Tehran following the results, and apparently it was rigged (in Mahmoud's favour).

Ahmadinejad's policies are not the greatest but Iran has become a stronger state, one that is not so dependent on the international community and one that is a regional power.

that aside, Moussavi really came off as a beacon of hope for reformist policies......
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:54:35 AM »

Thanks Unity, I thought I missed other side of the story.

It seems everything has been blocked in Iran, from social networking sites to cell phone services.

Do majority of Iranians support Ahmadinejad?

- Pors

Honestly dont know, I get all my news from Al-Jazeera and BBC.  Without a doubt ANejad have huge support in Iran, but to secure a general election is something else.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 11:27:47 AM »

Irna News is down and I think pretty much everything has been shut down in Iran.

If Ahmadinejad has majority of support, why bother with cheating the votes? I guess (I might be wrong) Mousavi gained around 60% of the vote.

@ (DalerDokht) Lindt:
Iran might have gained attention of international community and established itself as a stronger player in the region, but it could be far better of economically and militarily if it pursued different policy - that's at least what I heard from my Iranian friends.

- Pors

Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 11:47:18 AM »

http://www.presstv.ir/ is working

Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad
به نام خداوند جان و خرد, کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »

Press TV wasn't working from inside Iran. Press TV is one sided as far as I can see. But it's good.

Iranians using Twitter as a means of spreading the word out. Check this website, it has a lot of Twitters: http://www.h3x.no/2009/06/14/iranians-on-twitter-during-the-june-clashes/

- Pors

saam.sadeghi

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 04:13:45 PM »

I think the elections were unfair because akhounds don't care about anybody but themselves. 

When I called back home, my cousin got caught in the protest and was almost shot.  I don't like this regime at all. 
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 06:03:23 AM »

Hey Guys,

- Pors

Hey Guys,

- Pors

The election was not fair, of course not. How could it be? Sure, Ahmadinejat is again for the next years president of Iran but it does not change the relations of the Iranians to eachother and Iran´s policy toward it´s enemies (Aserbaidjan, Turkey, America, Talibanistan...) who are self known for their ultra-nationalism. Iran is well aware of Americans plan by invading Central Asia and Middle East to tying there the natural resources, particularely oil. In my opinion, without the ''Akhonds'' and Ahmadinejad Iran would fall very easy to the hands of America who would split Iran with pleasure into 100 pieces to devide it and create new smaller and weaker states. Remember, the world spoke out three or four times sanctions against Iran but the sanctions did not hurt Iran or it´s economy. Modern Iranian population, as differently they are, are getting more and more nationalistic trends. Every Iranians, tough the ''Akhonds'' and their ''slave'' Ahmadinejat is hated and most of their programs, are welcoming the atom program for an energy independent Iran. Today, Iran is the most powerful regional power in Middle East, followed by Israel. The country has a very high developed culture and educational system and a strong economy. They have their own automile and military industries and export their goods also to their neighbouring countries, unnoticed of the sanctions that have been put up just to feed to western countries. I do not want to talk here everything good or to pink since there is no reason for it but these lesser points should be enough for the current world situation to motivate Iranians and Iran. In my eyes also Mussavi is a gangster. I think he has only eyes for those who share with him the same social statue (middle class and higher classes). However, this guy showed also that a large part of Iranian society are ready to experience also some new things, not always the same political views and that among them are alot of Palavists and monarchists. The election was another game for the Imams to play another false game with the population. Printing more ballot-papers than there are voters is something that smells fishy and the people have realized it.

saam.sadeghi

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »

Right now our poets and thinkers are looking at this regime with disgust. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: