February 23, 2020, 01:25:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: swine flu  (Read 6462 times)
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« on: April 30, 2009, 12:42:17 AM »

What if swine flu reaches poor countries like Afghanistan?  There will be disaster.
Lindt

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:30:42 AM »

this illness has been blown way out of proportion, seeing as thousands of people within the US alone die from the common flu every year. As for it reaching Afghanistan... unless someone has been staying in Mexico, or has caught the virus by someone who had some connection to Mexico, then it isn't possible.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:21:17 AM »

this illness has been blown way out of proportion, seeing as thousands of people within the US alone die from the common flu every year. As for it reaching Afghanistan... unless someone has been staying in Mexico, or has caught the virus by someone who had some connection to Mexico, then it isn't possible.

i think it will have serious consequences for poorer countries like afghanistan.  the virus for example can enter afghanistan from other routes even there is not much direct contact between the 2 countries, such as through the US and europe.
Lindt

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 05:18:34 AM »

that is true seeing as there is a lack of everything from healthcare to education amongst the people.
in other news... Afghanistan's only pig is locked up lol: http://www.smh.com.au/world/science/afghanistans-only-pig-quarantined-in-flu-fear-20090506-aula.html

shinno
Nothing

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 06:01:44 AM »

The swine flue will make a return in the Autmn time. It will disapear in the summer for a few months but when it returns it might be deadly. I don't think Afghanistan is at much risk because Afghans are too poor to travel abroad to catch the infection and not many mexicans or other nationals come to Afghanistan. Afghaistan is also very mountanious and isolated country so its hard to spread the infection quickly.
The last we need is swine flu in Afghanistan.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 06:11:37 AM »

The swine flue will make a return in the Autmn time. It will disapear in the summer for a few months but when it returns it might be deadly. I don't think Afghanistan is at much risk because Afghans are too poor to travel abroad to catch the infection and not many mexicans or other nationals come to Afghanistan. Afghaistan is also very mountanious and isolated country so its hard to spread the infection quickly.
The last we need is swine flu in Afghanistan.

We dont travel abroad thats right, but other people from EU and america will travel to Afghanistan for various reasons, even if one person is infected then it will easily spread.  god help our poor people.
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 07:12:56 AM »

US health officials have estimated the number of Americans infected with swine flu has passed one million cases with half of them living in New York City.

The H1N1 virus emerged nearly three months ago and is infecting thousands more every week even though the annual flu season is well over.

The number is far higher than the number of cases actually reported to the authorities. It is even way farther than WHO's latest updated statistics. According to the WHO United States of America has reported 21,449 confirmed cases of influenza A-H1N1 with 87 deaths.

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) believes as many as 1 million Americans have been infected with H1N1 and 127 people have died. CDC based its figures on surveys, rather than laboratory evidence.

"We're saying that there have been at least a million cases of the new H1N1 virus so far this year in the United States," said Anne Schuchat, director of the CDC's Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

"Reported cases are really just the tip of the iceberg."

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=99246&sectionid=3510212

:o :o :o

how is the medical supply in the states or in west Europe? Do anyone know if the swine flu is infectious?

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 07:55:12 AM »

According to the officials in the UK, they have got enough medine to cover more than half the population.
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 08:05:34 AM »

According to the officials in the UK, they have got enough medine to cover more than half the population.

It´s still to low. Germany´s policy compared to that of UK much brider. It contains always all and everything. They do not accept ''something in between'' (hope you understand what I mean). But I can´t still believe that more than one million americans are infected with the illness. Do you know how the current situation look in America through relatives?

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 08:24:41 AM »

It´s still to low. Germany´s policy compared to that of UK much brider. It contains always all and everything. They do not accept ''something in between'' (hope you understand what I mean). But I can´t still believe that more than one million americans are infected with the illness. Do you know how the current situation look in America through relatives?

Yea, but there is no point to waste money like that, I think they are clever.  Not the whole population will suffer from swine flu at the same time.  There are around 1200-1500 cases of swine flue in the UK, majority with mild symtons.  Honestly dont know much about america, but one million came as a shock to me.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 08:34:24 AM »

I just a report on the Guardian website, a 73 year old man died of swine flue today.  He is the second briton to have died catching the virus.
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 08:38:48 AM »

I just a report on the Guardian website, a 73 year old man died of swine flue today.  He is the second briton to have died catching the virus.

Last week a woman died there who was shorty before she was infected with swine flue pregnante. You guys surely heard about that. I wonder if her child carries now the virus.

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 08:46:34 AM »

Know nothing about it.
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 08:51:29 AM »

Know nothing about it.

??? actually you should heard about that. She was from the Isle

Unity
Research Team