February 24, 2020, 11:54:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Afghanistan to host Reza Deghati photo show on Ahmad Shah massoud  (Read 3036 times)
Ahhangar
Ahhangar
Research Team

View Profile Email
« on: May 18, 2009, 09:17:01 AM »

Afghanistan to host Reza Deghati photo show
Tehran Times Art Desk

TEHRAN -- Photos by the veteran Iranian photojournalist Reza Deghati on Ahmad Shah Massoud will go on display in Afghanistan.

He will showcase a selection of photos he has taken over the past 30 years of Afghan people during an exhibition at the Panjsher Valley beginning May 22.

Known as the Lion of Panjsher, Ahmad Shah Massoud was one of the most popular of the anti-Soviet resistance leaders. He was the target of a successful suicide attack in Afghanistan on September 9, 2001. Born in Tabriz in 1952, Deghati began his career at 14. He later studied architecture at the University of Tehran.

Between 1978 and 1979, the Islamic Revolution shifted his focus from the countryside, and he covered the event for Agence France-Presse (AFP).

His work for AFP attracted the attention of Newsweek, for whom he became a correspondent in Iran from 1978 to 1981. He then became a Middle East correspondent for Time from 1983 to 1988. From 1989 to 1990, he served as a consultant to the United Nations humanitarian program in Afghanistan.

In 2005, Reza was honored with the title of “Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mérite” by President of France, Jacques Chirac. He also received the 2006 Missouri Honor Medal of the world’s first school of journalism.

He is also the president of Aina, an NGO that promotes the development of independent media in Afghanistan.

The War Memorial Museum in Caen, France hosted a selection of photos previously published in his book “War and Peace” in February 2009.

--------------------

No body should interpret this as Akhondi Shaitan Iran being allies of A.S.Massoud......he was just an Iranian born - non government free lance photographer... whom was recognized by Chirac for his work - and not some ministry of the empire of QOM.

farid1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 01:29:51 AM »

I hope that he shows some descent photos, form history we know that every film that Iranians make about Afghanistan or in Afghanistan would show the extreme from of religion people practise and the extreme poverty in Afghanistan I do believe that both existed but the way they portray it they allows try to degrade us, I don’t know where this mind set has come to them. I was watching a film I thing it was called Kandhar where a women visits a doctor and the doctor gives her a piece of bread in stead of a medicine. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: