August 20, 2019, 11:18:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Fundraising to get back the old version of Tajikam Forum.  (Read 29225 times)
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »

Khurasani:

Thank you for your support. In addition to your hard-work for maintaining the site, you are willing to donate. That means a lot for us - thank you.

I just have checked with PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/) and Turkey on the approved list of countries that can send, receive, and withdraw any amount. Just follow the instruction and open PayPal account. You might need PayPal in the future anyway - it's awesome.

Updated list of donors, as of May 23, 2009:
1) Unity - $20
2) Khurasani - $50
3) Gul Agha - $90
4) Pors - $50

------------------------
Total: $210
------------------------
Remaining: $ x amount (if others want to donate)

- Pors.

Thanks everyone for donation.

I want to something about myself.

I am student, and in here; foreign students can have Bank Carts but not Credit cards. I will ask if i can pay for Paypal with that acount. If yes i am ready to donate 50 $.

Thanks

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 03:31:01 AM »

I should say thanks to the 3 of you.  Admin team is also doing great job running this site.  we have now got $210 in our budget which exceds the $180 we need to get the older version of the forum back.  But we still need more money to have a good site, this $180 is nowhere near enough.  And inshallah if more members come forward and donate then you guys will take some of your moneys back especially khorasani.

Dear Pors,  I know you are a bit pessimistic, but I am confidant of my fellow Tajiks to fulfil their committment.  The purpose of this forum is to discuss our problems, pave the way for tajiks in different countries to know each other better, and open the door of communication  with other ethnic groups such as uzbeks, hazaras and pashtoon.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 03:34:08 AM by Unity » Logged
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 11:02:19 AM »

Unity,

Perhaps I am bit pessimistic (I disagree), but I am realistic. I see how you are confident in our fellow Tajiks, when there not even a single post regarding fundraising, do you call it realistic? I think you are way optimistic in believing to our fellow Tajiks. Can't you see stubbornness and irresponsibility when it comes to helping ourselves? To be honest, I didn't know that we don't care about it that much. Actions speak lauder than words. I haven't seen anything yet, except talks.

This thread has been viewed more then 65 times and no word of these so called Tajiks! Wake up Unity, and welcome to real world!

Cordially,

- Pors.

I should say thanks to the 3 of you.  Admin team is also doing great job running this site.  we have now got $210 in our budget which exceds the $180 we need to get the older version of the forum back.  But we still need more money to have a good site, this $180 is nowhere near enough.  And inshallah if more members come forward and donate then you guys will take some of your moneys back especially khorasani.

Dear Pors,  I know you are a bit pessimistic, but I am confidant of my fellow Tajiks to fulfil their committment.  The purpose of this forum is to discuss our problems, pave the way for tajiks in different countries to know each other better, and open the door of communication  with other ethnic groups such as uzbeks, hazaras and pashtoon.

از گذشته بیاموز ،امروز را با خشنودی بگذران. در اندیشه اینده باش و اینده را بساز. - پارس
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »

Dear Pors,  I am sure people will come forward and contribute.  It does not matter how much we pay each, it all depends on our abilities, so yes, they will prove me  right.
Lindt

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2009, 07:38:34 PM »

i think you're being very stubborn pors jaan.
you can't expect everyone to contribute because not everyone has the money, or a job! most people are stingy with money whether they have green skin or one eye - it doesn't matter. people have things to save up for and are already struggling as it is.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 11:49:09 PM »

Lindt,

I gratefully accept the rebuke, but let me tell you this:

First, I did not expect everyone to donate. I think both of us will agree that I haven't even mention that I am expecting everyone in this forum to donate. Even if you said that you can't because you are student or have your own financial situation to think of, that would be enough. But stepping back and acting like nothing happened is just not good. I understand that global economic crises have hit hard everybody, and that's completely understandable. Nothing wrong with it, especially for those who are back at home (Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and etc..) right now.

Secondly, my target were those people who abroad and donating $10 is not of a big deal. That's not the end of the world if one skips a meal or disco for a day. After all we are doing this for our own cause, aren't we?

Thirdly, it all depends on the person. I have seen people who are rich but can't even donate small amounts to their own cause be it because of ego or personal reasons, these people just don't donate. That's understandable and that's fine. You can't change their mind.  I didn't intend to criticize them, and I don't.

If you have got any other comments, let me know :)

- Pors.

- Pors.

you can't expect everyone to contribute because not everyone has the money, or a job! most people are stingy with money whether they have green skin or one eye - it doesn't matter. people have things to save up for and are already struggling as it is.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:45:29 PM by PORS » Logged

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 12:58:23 AM »

I agree with you dear Lindt, but as pors said, not everyone is expected to pay.  and as you rightly mentioned that some people are students or without a job, which is understandable.  but those of us who live in europe, america, australia etc even the students and those people without a job will easily be able to donate around $10-20, they can avoid some of their bad habits for just couple of weaks and they can provide this money, that is not a big sum to ask for.  yes those of us who live in pak, afgh, tajikistan, iran etc should be exempt from this contribution, and we all know the reason.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »

Quick update on "Fundraising"

May 27, 2009:

- Khurasani = $50
- Unity = $20
- Gul Agha = $90
- Pors = $50
- others.... = ?

---------------------------
---------------------------

- Pors.

Lindt

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 08:06:31 PM »

Thirdly, it all depends on the person. I have seen people who are rich but can't even donate small amounts to their own cause be it because of ego or personal reasons, these people just don't donate. That's understandable and that's fine. You can't change their mind.  I didn't intend to criticize them, and I don't.

Fair enough. i just felt that you were getting a little too frustrated. and for the reasons you have outlined above, i cannot donate and i am sorry to other members and the admin team.

but those of us who live in europe, america, australia etc even the students and those people without a job will easily be able to donate around $10-20, they can avoid some of their bad habits for just couple of weaks and they can provide this money

unity jaan when a person saves for something, like i am doing, our spending on other things cuts back dramatically. if you are suggesting that i'm "too tight" or cheap to donate a few dollars, or i'd rather spend it on a good time, you are wrong. $10 sounds like nothing, but it seems like so much when you need to save every cent.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »

Lindt,

Sweet sister, you are unique!

Best,

- Pors.

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 01:20:13 AM »

Fair enough. i just felt that you were getting a little too frustrated. and for the reasons you have outlined above, i cannot donate and i am sorry to other members and the admin team.

but those of us who live in europe, america, australia etc even the students and those people without a job will easily be able to donate around $10-20, they can avoid some of their bad habits for just couple of weaks and they can provide this money

unity jaan when a person saves for something, like i am doing, our spending on other things cuts back dramatically. if you are suggesting that i'm "too tight" or cheap to donate a few dollars, or i'd rather spend it on a good time, you are wrong. $10 sounds like nothing, but it seems like so much when you need to save every cent.

Dear Lindt,  please dont get me wrong, my intention was not  Khoda Na Khowasta to attack you.  and yes, I know if you dont have a job or being a student is not easy.  and I highly appreciate your efforts for taking part in the forum , also, you took your time to respond to this thread with honesty means alot.  You are a respected lady and I will always have high regards to you.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 01:22:59 AM by Unity » Logged
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 01:21:16 AM »

Dear Pors, I think the members are a bit busy these days, that was a good decision to give a 20-days deadline.
Lindt

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009, 04:02:25 AM »

thanks for the kind words guys.
PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 12:50:47 PM »

You are welcome DalerDokht. ;)

List of Donors, as of May 29, 2009:

- Khurasani =$50
- Gul Agha = $90
- Unity = $20
- Pors = 50
- others... ?
-----------------------
-----------------------

- Pors.

thanks for the kind words guys.

PORS
AZADANDESH
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 12:51:56 PM »

And by the way, the topic has been viewed more than 190 times! - Pors.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: