August 23, 2019, 04:51:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What alphabet do you perfer for Persian?
Arabic - 11 (30.6%)
Latin - 8 (22.2%)
Cyrillic - 3 (8.3%)
Arabic (modified) - 10 (27.8%)
other - 4 (11.1%)
Total Members Voted: 36

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: What alphabet do you perfer for Persian  (Read 62856 times)
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2008, 09:25:23 PM »

:( the smilies are not working :(
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2008, 09:26:08 PM »

at least the :D is not working from the smiley list, is this going to work typed by hand
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »

Why is Rahmon so keen on making Russia happy if Russia does not reciprocate ? His policies would make some sense if Russia had reciprocated. Every time there is a fight between Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, Russia sides with Uzbekistan so what is the point ?

Am I missing something ?

On another note, It may be unfortunate that Rahmon is not promoting Persian script, but if the majority in Tajikistan support Cyrillic - it seems so to me, and understandably so for short term reasons - then he is on the side of the people. But if he is doing it to please Russians it is the wrong reason. Is he doing it to please Russians ?

Can the Tajikistanis clarify this matter ?
Kambiz
Dervish
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2008, 05:33:35 PM »

It has nothing to do with public opinion NS jan. It is simply the outcome of the thoughts of a mankurt (I'm sure you are familiar with the term by now). As said before, prior to Rahman's infamous usurpation of power in the end of 1991 people were trying to learn the Persian script enthusiastically and leaving the Cyrillic behind was deemed to be inevitable.

Apart from that, Rahman is afraid of Russia indeed. He might think that Russia IS reciprocating by allowing hundreds of thousands Tajiks to work there. If Russia stops accepting Tajik labor migrants Rahman's government will collapse almost immediately. Therefore, he's ready to wax Putin/Medvedyev's shoes, only if they would allow Tajiks to fill Russia's labor market, get killed by fascists and sent back home in iron chests.

He's never been on the side of the people thus far. No instance could be mentioned to support that claim.

Quote from: Nader Shah;12242
Why is Rahmon so keen on making Russia happy if Russia does not reciprocate ? His policies would make some sense if Russia had reciprocated. Every time there is a fight between Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, Russia sides with Uzbekistan so what is the point ?

Am I missing something ?

On another note, It may be unfortunate that Rahmon is not promoting Persian script, but if the majority in Tajikistan support Cyrillic - it seems so to me, and understandably so for short term reasons - then he is on the side of the people. But if he is doing it to please Russians it is the wrong reason. Is he doing it to please Russians ?

Can the Tajikistanis clarify this matter ?
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »

That is a good point, Russia is reciprocating by allowing large numbers of Tajik laborers in. Then what can Rahmon do ? What would you tell him if he appointed you as his top adviser ? I would really like to hear your viewpoint. Thanks in advance :)
Quote from: Kambiz;12400
Apart from that, Rahman is afraid of Russia indeed. He might think that Russia IS reciprocating by allowing hundreds of thousands Tajiks to work there. If Russia stops accepting Tajik labor migrants Rahman's government will collapse almost immediately. Therefore, he's ready to wax Putin/Medvedyev's shoes, only if they would allow Tajiks to fill Russia's labor market, get killed by fascists and sent back home in iron chests.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #185 on: July 28, 2008, 12:15:08 AM »

Quote from: Kambiz;12400

He's never been on the side of the people thus far. No instance could be mentioned to support that claim.

Dear Kambiz,

Is it a real fear or just Rahman's imaginations?  Do you think Russia will really care if the change cyrillic to persian?
Kambiz
Dervish
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2008, 05:18:38 AM »

Dear NS and RK,

I'm sure Rahman's worries have nothing to do with realities. Reading and writing in Cyrillic don't make you understand the Russian language at all. So, it's ridiculous to assume that Russia would retaliate if Tajikistan chooses to leave its script. Furthermore, almost all other countries in the region have ditched Cyrillic and got back to Latin. But there are still more Azeri workers in Russia than Tajiks. And Uzbekistan with its newly-minted Latin script is sending hundreds of thousands laborers to Russia annually too.

Therefore, presumably, I think it's just about Rahman's phobia with no touch of reality.

Another reason: Rahman doesn't read or write the Persian script himself and obviously, he doesn't want to be an illiterate president.

I would suggest to have a long period (20-30 years) of double-script usage before the full return to Persian. That would make the process smoother and the loss for Russia less painful.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:25:02 AM by Kambiz » Logged
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2008, 05:21:43 AM »

Quote from: Kambiz;12431
Dear NS and RK,

I'm sure Rahman's worries have nothing to do with realities. Reading and writing in Cyrillic don't make you understand the Russian language at all. So, it's ridiculous to assume that Russia would retaliate if Tajikistan chooses to leave its script. Furthermore, almost all other countries in the region have ditched Cyrillic and got back to Latin. But there are still more Azeri workers in Russia than Tajiks. And Uzbekistan with its newly-minted Latin script is sending hundreds of thousands laborers to Russia annually too.

Therefore, presumably, I think it's just about Rahman's phobia with no touch of realities.

Another reason: Rahman doesn't read or write the Persian script himself and obviously, he doesn't want to be an illiterate president.

I would suggest to have a long period (20-30 years) of double-script usage before the full return to Persian. That would make the process smoother and the loss for Russia less painful.

That is true.  When he changed his name from Rahmanov to Rahman, Russia did not mind, then why they mind if he changes the alphabet?
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2009, 05:02:15 AM »

Hi Friends,
According to new law of ministry of education of Tajikistan, starting from new academic year, the students at schools will study Arabic alphabet (Porsi) for 8 years. They will have this subject for 8 years!!!
This means that after some 10-15 years most of the people will be able to read and write in farsi. ;)

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2009, 05:04:16 AM »

In addition, they are preparing a new law about language. I am looking forward to see what will be in it...

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »

That is fantastic news.
Khurasani
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2009, 02:56:39 PM »

That is a great news.

I couldn't find an Algorithm for the problem - Afghanistan!...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to: