August 19, 2019, 02:24:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How you describe your mother tongue?
Persian/Parsi - 9 (64.3%)
Tajiki - 4 (28.6%)
Afghani - 0 (0%)
Somethin else... - 1 (7.1%)
Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Our language and country?  (Read 8220 times)
Rostam
Khorasani

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 14, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »

What do you say when people ask about your mother tongue?
I say always Persian/Parsi :) I really become angry...when people say Dari...or Dari-zuban
which is a creation of the afghan governments to divide us...from other persians!

And what if people ask....where you are from?
I always say Tajikistan or Iran......

I think its very very wrong if we say...we are from Awgholistan or Uzbekistan because...then we will promote those immoral countries!
For example...Kurds also never say they are Turk or Arabic...or from Turkey or Iran!

What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:29:40 PM by Rostam » Logged
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 01:00:13 PM »

Salam,
your right Rostam Jan. Dari is the name of the literature and not of the language self. Dari is just the skelett of persian language. The Pashtuns also don

Rostam
Khorasani

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 01:04:27 PM »

Some of you guys should post some very nice and educationall videos on y
Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »

Dari is another name for our language. Dari is not a Dialect but a language. Our language(Persian) has many names, for example Ferdousi calls this language Parsi,Parsi e Dari, and Dari while Mawlana uses Parsi and Pahlavi for this language. But for now we should officially use Parsi/Persian rather than the other names which were mostly used in Literature.

Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad
به نام خداوند جان و خرد, کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 10:39:07 PM »

As for me...

When I am asked about my language, First of all I say that it is Tajik that I add that it is Persian and start explaning the issue. Abroad, not many peopel knows Tajikistan and Tajik, for this reason it is fundamentally importanant to me to speak more about my country (a kind of presentation).

As a citizen of Tajikistan, I prefer to say first of all Tajik. But Dari and Persian have the same meaning to me.

As for Afghanistan, I do not see a problem in calling it Dari, since this language also was refered as Dari for many centuries. In other words, I am ok about how this language is called in Afghanistan, Iran and Tajikistan now. But when you are asked, do not be lazy, mention all the three and say in which country how it is called, and etc.

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:09:11 PM »

Quote from: Dushanbe;2849
As for me...

When I am asked about my language, First of all I say that it is Tajik that I add that it is Persian and start explaning the issue. Abroad, not many peopel knows Tajikistan and Tajik, for this reason it is fundamentally importanant to me to speak more about my country (a kind of presentation).

As a citizen of Tajikistan, I prefer to say first of all Tajik. But Dari and Persian have the same meaning to me.

As for Afghanistan, I do not see a problem in calling it Dari, since this language also was refered as Dari for many centuries. In other words, I am ok about how this language is called in Afghanistan, Iran and Tajikistan now. But when you are asked, do not be lazy, mention all the three and say in which country how it is called, and etc.

Yes but Tajiki is a dialect just like Kabuli,Balkhi,Mashadi..etc. Our langauge(Tajikistan Afghanistan Iran Uzbekistan) is Parsi A.K.A Persian.

Parsi e Tajiki is a better term to use than Tajiki.

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 01:25:33 AM »

I didnt like when ppl said Dari, but no i am ok.  if you get angry and unhappy they will consider it as our week point and make it a bigger issue.  dari, tajiki and parsi/farsi are the same language with different names.  i always use both dari and farsi, even in my writing i consider this.
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 04:28:46 AM »

No misleadings...

Tajik language has many small dialects in Tajikistan. But Tajik is officially recognized language. It has its grammer and phonetics and all required rules of writing and wriding. As you know we write in sylliric. Try to understand, a text in Tajik language written in Arabic - we call persian. If I write something using Arabic letters - I will say: I am writing in Persian. But when I write in Sylliric - I am writing in Tajiki. (because it has its rules of spelling, pronunciation and punctuation - if you insted of e write i or a - that will be a mistake - not acceptable)

For example:
 (you) Shooma - wrong,  shumo - correct
  (What is your goal?)-Hadafe shooma chist? - wrong, Hadafi shumo chist? - correct.

If you make mistakes, you will be considered - not so well educated or do not knowing Tajik language properly.

You may call Tajik language - a version (another version) of Persian language or Tajiki Persian (Forsii Tojiki)but not a dialect of Persian.

Additionally, if I speak the way Iranian people speak, people in Tajikistan will say that I speak in Persian. If an Iranian will come to Tajikistan and speaks the way Iranians speak and says that s/he is speaking in Tajiki, that will be wrong because Tajiki has its rules of pronunciation. When speaking in Tajiki, for the word "if" you will have to say "agar" and not "age"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 05:01:15 AM by Dushanbe » Logged

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 04:36:50 AM »

in our dialect we say hadafe shoma chist. So it is wrong??

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 04:40:37 AM »

I dont think tajiki is a dialect of farsi/dari, it is farsi itself with a different name.  and there shoudnt be a problem if we use cyrrilic or arabic alphabet.  the only problem with cyrrilic alphabet is that other tajiks dont know what the tajkis of tajikistan write, and i consider it as a barrier between us.

we also should differentiate between accent and dialect.  for example: in afghanistan we have got different accents, but you cant say they are different dialects, the same thing can be said in iran and tajikistan.

Rika Khana
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 05:05:45 AM »

Dear Parsistani

It is not wrong. It is Persian or Dari. You may call it Tajiki if you say "Hadafi shumo chist?" This is the rule of the language.

Very strict rules. Spelling matters in Tajiki. When writing in Arabic, you will often miss many sounds (o, i, u, a, etc.) and you will have to guess if to read (why?) "chero?" or "charo?". We say "Charo?" and write charo - "chero" is not in Tajik dictionaries.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 05:17:00 AM by Dushanbe » Logged

Unity
Research Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 06:34:17 AM »

Quote from: Dushanbe;2863
Dear Parsistani

It is not wrong. It is Persian or Dari. You may call it Tajiki if you say "Hadafi shumo chist?" This is the rule of the language.

Very strict rules. Spelling matters in Tajiki. When writing in Arabic, you will often miss many sounds (o, i, u, a, etc.) and you will have to guess if to read (why?) "chero?" or "charo?". We say "Charo?" and write charo - "chero" is not in Tajik dictionaries.

Dear Brother Dushanbe, there might be slight differences in writing but you cant say tajiki/dari/farsi are different languages, in different places we have different accents and pronounciations, the language is still the same.  the problem is in cyrillic and farsi alphabets, not our language.

Rika Khana
Rostam
Khorasani

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 07:44:07 AM »

We (Tajiks/Persians) all should name our language the same!
AGREE?!

I actually dont care how you name it....but we have to make clear...we our one nation...and have the same mother tongue...goddamn! Dont let me become angry!
Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »

Quote from: Dushanbe;2858
No misleadings...

Tajik language has many small dialects in Tajikistan. But Tajik is officially recognized language. It has its grammer and phonetics and all required rules of writing and wriding. As you know we write in sylliric. Try to understand, a text in Tajik language written in Arabic - we call persian. If I write something using Arabic letters - I will say: I am writing in Persian. But when I write in Sylliric - I am writing in Tajiki. (because it has its rules of spelling, pronunciation and punctuation - if you insted of e write i or a - that will be a mistake - not acceptable)

For example:
 (you) Shooma - wrong,  shumo - correct
  (What is your goal?)-Hadafe shooma chist? - wrong, Hadafi shumo chist? - correct.

If you make mistakes, you will be considered - not so well educated or do not knowing Tajik language properly.

You may call Tajik language - a version (another version) of Persian language or Tajiki Persian (Forsii Tojiki)but not a dialect of Persian.

Additionally, if I speak the way Iranian people speak, people in Tajikistan will say that I speak in Persian. If an Iranian will come to Tajikistan and speaks the way Iranians speak and says that s/he is speaking in Tajiki, that will be wrong because Tajiki has its rules of pronunciation. When speaking in Tajiki, for the word "if" you will have to say "agar" and not "age"

But having a different alphabet wont make it a separate language. There are Arab counries today who use the latin script but they still call their language "Arabic. Arabs in Sudan cant understand the Arabic spoken in egypt, When egyptian films are brought to sudan they have to add subtitles to it. We dont have this problem in our countries, we understand eachother.

Afrasiab
khorasanian

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 10:02:53 AM »

Albatta, zaboni mo farsi ast, farsii tajiki. Vale az didi geopolitiki mo bayad zabani khudra hamnami qavmo millati khud muarrifi konem.

Mo yak millatem, yak zaban dorem. Mo Tajik astem va zabani mo tajiki ast.

"Better to light one candle than always curse the darkness"  Konfusiy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: