August 23, 2019, 05:06:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our new place: www.tajikam.com/forums

To enter with your registered details click here and follow the steps: http://tajikam.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global§ion=lostpass

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How you describe your mother tongue?
Persian/Parsi - 9 (64.3%)
Tajiki - 4 (28.6%)
Afghani - 0 (0%)
Somethin else... - 1 (7.1%)
Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our language and country?  (Read 8234 times)
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »

First, i want to ask you where the smilies are.

I think it is correct to use Dari but in the right context. If you don

Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 11:41:59 AM »

Quote from: Afrasiab;2876
Albatta, zaboni mo farsi ast, farsii tajiki. Vale az didi geopolitiki mo bayad zabani khudra hamnami qavmo millati khud muarrifi konem.

Mo yak millatem, yak zaban dorem. Mo Tajik astem va zabani mo tajiki ast.

bale durust megoyed walleh bayaad hamray Tajiki Parsi ham begoyed(Tajiki Parsi ya Parsi e Tajiki). Tajiki e tanha agar begoyed mardum fekr mekunad ke tajiki judaa az Parsi hast wa een farhang o zaban e maara kuchaktar mesazad.

Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad
به نام خداوند جان و خرد, کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد
Rostam
Khorasani

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 12:35:05 PM »

Quote from: Gul agha;2887
bale durust megoyed walleh bayaad hamray Tajiki Parsi ham begoyed(Tajiki Parsi ya Parsi e Tajiki). Tajiki e tanha agar begoyed mardum fekr mekunad ke tajiki judaa az Parsi hast wa een farhang o zaban e maara kuchaktar mesazad.

Exactly!!!
Nastoh

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 08:05:36 PM »

Tajiks were using arabic alphabet before Soviet invasion to Central Asia. Tajiks' language has always been Farsi (Persian). But for political reasons, USSR changed the Tajiks' alphabet into Cyrillic around 1920 or later... Unfortunately for these reasons the new generation of Tajiks living in Afghanistan and Tajikistan (you and I for example) do not understand each other's writings because one writes in Russian or Cyrillic and the other uses the old arabic alphabet.

Giving Farsi other names such as Dari and Tajiki is not wrong but it will create confusion because in fact we all speak same language with different accents.

There are some proves in Persian poetry books that the language has been called Dari too, but there is no proof for Persian being called Tajiki. This concept was created by Soviet Union and the communist government of Tajikistan between 1920 - 1950 or may be later. I am not sure about the dates.

Today we need unity more than anything else. For this reason, we have to give up using different names for same language.

Quote from: Dushanbe;2858
No misleadings...

Tajik language has many small dialects in Tajikistan. But Tajik is officially recognized language. It has its grammer and phonetics and all required rules of writing and wriding. As you know we write in sylliric. Try to understand, a text in Tajik language written in Arabic - we call persian. If I write something using Arabic letters - I will say: I am writing in Persian. But when I write in Sylliric - I am writing in Tajiki. (because it has its rules of spelling, pronunciation and punctuation - if you insted of e write i or a - that will be a mistake - not acceptable)

For example:
(you) Shooma - wrong, shumo - correct
(What is your goal?)-Hadafe shooma chist? - wrong, Hadafi shumo chist? - correct.

If you make mistakes, you will be considered - not so well educated or do not knowing Tajik language properly.

You may call Tajik language - a version (another version) of Persian language or Tajiki Persian (Forsii Tojiki)but not a dialect of Persian.

Additionally, if I speak the way Iranian people speak, people in Tajikistan will say that I speak in Persian. If an Iranian will come to Tajikistan and speaks the way Iranians speak and says that s/he is speaking in Tajiki, that will be wrong because Tajiki has its rules of pronunciation. When speaking in Tajiki, for the word "if" you will have to say "agar" and not "age"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 08:15:22 PM by Nastoh » Logged

اگر آزدی ما زیر سوال برود و اگر غرور ملی ما درهم شکسته شود و اگر استقلال ما نابود گردد، در آن صورت این زندگی ما کوچکترین لزت و ارزشی ندارد. احمد شاه مسعود
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 10:27:21 PM »

Of course it is one language and I agree that it may create confusion among simple people, who are not so close to literature and those foreigners. But we are not in the position to change the terms.

As of the topic of our discussion, I think that it is a good topic because we are learning each other and trying to know who  pronounces how particular words in different areas. We need to keep on discovering each other.

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
Gul agha
Ahura Mazda
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 11:16:20 PM »

Quote from: Dushanbe;2913
Of course it is one language and I agree that it may create confusion among simple people, who are not so close to literature and those foreigners. But we are not in the position to change the terms.

As of the topic of our discussion, I think that it is a good topic because we are learning each other and trying to know who  pronounces how particular words in different areas. We need to keep on discovering each other.

Tajiki is a new term for the Persian language and I would want Tajikistan to use it but plain tajiki like nastoh said will create confusion between our people. for example, Tajiks in Afghanistan will think Parsi and Dari are two different languages or Tajiks in Tajikistan will think Tajiki and Parsi arent the same. The only solution is to use a common name for this language(for example Australia,America,Canada,Britain..etc use the word "english not 4 different terms for the same language like us).

Parsi will be the official name of our language with local names following it ex. Parsi e Kabuli, Parsi Khorasani, Parsi Tajiki.

Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad
به نام خداوند جان و خرد, کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2007, 11:36:20 PM »

right on, gul agha !
Dushanbe
P & A

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 01:02:34 AM »

Many people in Tajikistan know that in early 20th century the language was called Dari and Farsi. For understanding all these, you need to know how and why Tajikistan was created.
Very shortly:
Comunists cam to power in Russia in 1918. At that time Central Asia was a colony of Russia. After coming to power, they decided to create states in this territory according to ethnicity. Russia sent some professors, doctors (orientalists) in order to find out who is who. After creating Uzbekistan, they had to agree that the population in some parts of the region are not Turkic and mongoloig. These people were called Tajiks (by scholars and local educated people). So they decided to create a country named Tajikistan. The language that majority of these people spoke was called Dari and Farsi. After creating Tajikistan, an alphabet out of syrrilic was created for this (persian) language. They decided to call this Alphabet "Alifboi Tojiki" - Tajik Alphabit. And the language also started to be called Tajiki. So, Tajik is rather an ethnicity than a language and Farsi is one of the main and widely used language of Tajiks.
If we return to Arabic Alphabit, we will call the language Farsi only. But not it is impossible. the language is Forsii Tojiki or just Tojiki.
Just keep in mind - first Tajikistan was created then Tajik language (it has the same meaning as Farsi but different Alphabet).

To Be Born Free - is Luck. To Live Free - is a Privilege. To Die Free – is a Responsibility.
Super
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 06:02:12 AM »

I usually use Farsi/Persian.

Nietzche: God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?
liftfan

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 09:18:13 AM »

Dear brothers,

Asslam Aleikoum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

I am an Arab, born in Syria and working in Saudi Arabia.

For us, Arabs, Faresi is the name of the language historically spoken mainly from the area surrounding Bukara and Samarqand to Persia ("Persai" is known in Arabic as "Fares"). Fares, is a province located in the south of Iran, with Shiraz as its capital.

People of high rank and intellectuals of the first Islamic era used to learn both Arabic and Faresi. Later on, Turkish was added at the time of the Ottomans. Ottoman Sultans were known for their knpwledge of Trukish, Arabic and Faresi.

After reading a lot about Tajiks and other Faresi-speakers, I think that they speak almost the same, but not identical language.

Persians and Tajiks can be said to be speaking Faresi and are of indo-European origin. However, the Tajiks is widely known for being Sunni Muslims, as opposed to Persians who are widely know for being Shi'a. This is the major difference. Otherwise, why Tajiks on the Iranian borders (who are Sunnis) identify themselves as Tajiks rather than Persians.

The Hazars, a non Indo-European people (Mongolian origion), live in a central mountainous area in Afganistan. Thus they have been isolated, and the Faresi - once they adopted instead of their original languages
Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »

I think we should call the written form of Parsi in Tajikistan as tajiki since they use cyrillic and the verbal language as Parsi e Dari/Darbari.

Parsistani

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »

For 150 years ago modern Afghanistan was much bigger. The both eastern provinces Chorasan and Sistan (the mekran area) were part of Khorasan, what is today Afghanistan. Tajik means Persian. It is a term to define Persians from Turks, Arabs and Aughans. The Aughans use a very dirty plan. They call every Shia Tajik as Persian while Sunni Tajiks are Tajiks but since when do we define nations by confession?? The language we Persian nation speak are the same and have the same origine like the nations self. Tajiks are mainly Persian descends. In Derashkhshan it is even said Tajiks are the real descends of Persians while the people of Pars migrated later from south and nord of Persia and settled to Pars before Arabs arrived in Ceiphosten and Pars. The Paraci tribe in modern Afghanistan are one of those Pars tribes that fleed from nomadic and martialic Arabs. So we all speak the same language still today, the palavi langauge. Just the diff. between classical persian and modern  persian is we have also some arab words from the high arabic language.Today we have just for or 5 dialects. The Khorasani dialect, the real dialect of Sassanians that is spoken in central Asia and eastern Iran, the ''Pars'' dialect, the Soghdi dialect, a very conservative one and the Aserbaidshani dialect of the Persian tats, medi-evil persian. All these dialects have also sub-dialects and all of them have their diff. accents but however some dialects in Afghanistan are close to Iranian sub-dialect. For example the Kabuli dialect is very close to Tehrani dialect while Herati, Sistani dialect are closer to Shirazi dialect and so on and so on. The verbal langauges can be all considered as dialects while the written form do not know any kind of dialect, like arabian countries also do not know dialects in their written forms.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:39:09 AM by Parsistani » Logged

Aryamanesh

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »

I agree that our language is known by different names i.e. Parsi, Dari, and more recently Tajiki. But historically it's known to the Western World as Persian. So when asked by a westerner, we should identify ourselves as speakers of the Persian language not Frasi, Dari, or Tajiki. Otherwise, we'd be dissociating ourselves from our shared heritage. It always bothers me to see that some Iranians in the West call themselves "Farsi" Speakers and also to see that in some forms "Dari" is included alongside languages such as Persian, English, French etc.
But what we call our language in our mother tounge is another story. Even in Iran we sometimes call it Farsi and sometimes Parsi, only to sound more eloquent.
Also as for people who have trouble calling their language Persian because they think they might be considered Iranian, Persia in classical and medieval texts describes the lands that comprise today's Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan, among other areas. Out of this Persia, modern states of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan have risen. To give you a sense of the word, I think the Persian word for Persia would be "Iranzamin" which of course does not designate only  modern state of Iran.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:26:21 PM by Aryamanesh » Logged
Nader Shah
Afshar Naderi

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 01:53:47 AM »

Quote from: Parsistani;2958
I think we should call the written form of Parsi in Tajikistan as tajiki since they use cyrillic and the verbal language as Parsi e Dari/Darbari.

Quote from: Parsistani;2960
For 150 years ago modern Afghanistan was much bigger. The both eastern provinces Chorasan and Sistan (the mekran area) were part of Khorasan, what is today Afghanistan. Tajik means Persian. It is a term to define Persians from Turks, Arabs and Aughans. The Aughans use a very dirty plan. They call every Shia Tajik as Persian while Sunni Tajiks are Tajiks but since when do we define nations by confession?? The language we Persian nation speak are the same and have the same origine like the nations self. Tajiks are mainly Persian descends. In Derashkhshan it is even said Tajiks are the real descends of Persians while the people of Pars migrated later from south and nord of Persia and settled to Pars before Arabs arrived in Ceiphosten and Pars. The Paraci tribe in modern Afghanistan are one of those Pars tribes that fleed from nomadic and martialic Arabs. So we all speak the same language still today, the palavi langauge. Just the diff. between classical persian and modern  persian is we have also some arab words from the high arabic language.Today we have just for or 5 dialects. The Khorasani dialect, the real dialect of Sassanians that is spoken in central Asia and eastern Iran, the ''Pars'' dialect, the Soghdi dialect, a very conservative one and the Aserbaidshani dialect of the Persian tats, medi-evil persian. All these dialects have also sub-dialects and all of them have their diff. accents but however some dialects in Afghanistan are close to Iranian sub-dialect. For example the Kabuli dialect is very close to Tehrani dialect while Herati, Sistani dialect are closer to Shirazi dialect and so on and so on. The verbal langauges can be all considered as dialects while the written form do not know any kind of dialect, like arabian countries also do not know dialects in their written forms.

In all your posts, you sound really confused as to where you stand. I see little coherence in your thoughts and vocabulary. Would you care to try define yourself and your views in summary to all of us. Are you on drugs or alcohol, or is your English poor ? Write in Persian if you have trouble with English.
Rostam
Khorasani

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 03:58:06 AM »

Quote from: doodooli;2982
In all your posts, you sound really confused as to where you stand. I see little coherence in your thoughts and vocabulary. Would you care to try define yourself and your views in summary to all of us. Are you on drugs or alcohol, or is your English poor ? Write in Persian if you have trouble with English.

You dont have right to be rude to parsistani jaan like this!
Parsistani is one of the best posters and most active! and yes he can speak various languages!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: