Tajiks Worldwide Community: Paniranism or pantajikism? - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paniranism or pantajikism? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:15 AM

Dushanbe-jan, dorud again,

Your point of view is not new to me. We are all product of the Soviet and post-Soviet educational machine that was genius in manufacturing manqurts (a term used by the late Kyrgyz writer Chingiz Aytmatov implying zombies with no memory of the past). We have been taught that Tajik is not Persian, neither people nor their languages. Actually, the Soviet policy was at an explanatory unease in subjects like literature and history. I remember myself questioning my history teacher: Why are you teaching us the history of Medes and Achaemenians if we are not Iranian, as you state? His answer was nothing but a mumbling bewilderment.

You have rightly pointed out that Persian originated and developed in Central Asia or Greater Khorasan. It could be proved by tracing back our earliest poets and writers and even the earliest folklore: Az Khottalaan aamadhia, Ba ru tabaah aamadhia Were we known as Tajiks then? No. We were Iranian tribes of Soghdians, Bactrians, Khorezmians etc. who started gathering under the solo flag of the Persian language. The very language made us known as Persians to the entire world. We became known as Tajiks to our Turkic/Mongol neighbours and subsequently accepted the term as a synonym for Persian/Iranian. By we I mean Persians all over the Greater Iran, including Saadi far away in Shiraz who testifies it several times in his poems. Therefore, I completely agree with Pors that Tajik and Persian are interchangeable words.

Some people still are steadfast to their Soviet understanding of the term. While Sadriddin Ayni who lived almost half of his life under the Soviet regime wrote in Persian script only and one of his earliest articles starts with words: Ma, farsiyan (We, Persians). This sense of identity was hammered down by the Soviets. No wonder why the later generations stopped identifying themselves with other Persians.

While you agree that the Persian language belonged to our lands only before spreading farther, and you know that we still speak the same Persian (although broken) as our other siblings in other parts of the Greater Iran, how can you see that huge gap between yourself and them? The only explanation is the Soviet distortion of our identity. You call Iran a friendly country, but I call it a Tajik country as Tajik to me still means Persian and not only to me. A little research in the latest writings about Tajikistan would clarify the question further. The words are still synonymous in many senses except for the political one.

Just like dear Pors, I am a Tajik from Tajikistan and would like to give you the second opportunity to hear it from your own Tajik: I am totally Persian. Wherever Ive lived and worked, within Tajikistan and abroad, I have been known as a Central Asian Persian. In all questionnaires I have filled my race is Iranian and my mother tongue is Persian. Since logically and truly there is no language called Tajiki. Tajiki might be well-received by cynics like me, if only wed have the American, the Australian, the Canadian, the Yemeni, the South Korean, the Brazilian, the Mexican languages as well. But we know how absurd it sounds to anticipate the appearance of those languages. They are simply English, Arab, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish. Some of them being so far apart from each other still identify their languages as mentioned. Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Iran are located side by side, yet weve been coward enough to be bullied by imperialists and accept the ridiculous division imposed on us.

As for differences you see between Iran and Tajikistan, let me tell you that they exist even within a tiny country like Tajikistan and could not be taken seriously.

All the best

[QUOTE=Dushanbe;10378]PORi aziz,

Thank you for your response. I really hope that this forum is capable of broadening the knowledge of its members.
I truly appreciate your comments and see it as an opportunity for myself to develop my points by making them clearer.

1) The comparison is usually made in order to see the differences. Of course the differences between Iran and Tajikistan are really big and there is no point to stress it. I love Iran and I did not have any negative intention while saying that Tajikistan is not going to be like Iran. What I believe is that we have our own way and they have their own way. Additionally, what I believe is that due to our common interests (cultural, economic, political, educational, etc.) our roads will often meet. We are two friendly countries with common past. What is more, it is for the People of Iran to decide what kind of government they should have. We respect their choice.
2) Tajik is viewed something new basically by those non-Tajikistani Persians. I view terms Persian and Dari older. But, you see, we speak about them when we talk about our classic literature and history. I am not a historian, but the term Tajik already exits and nobody can change the situation right now. Believe me, I am so much in love with it, that it is difficult to me to call myself Persian. I can call myself Persian at home when there is nobodybut present myself as Persian to others (?)I doubt.
Of course we are not new, we did not appear recently (I am thinking about Darwins theory of evolution). Anyways it is not important. The interesting thing is your thoughts about the usage of the terms Tajik and Persian which I do not share.

3) Thanks for your advice. I just wanted to bring you some examples from real life when speaking about my friend. By the way, my friend is a young teacher (23years) of Tajik language and literature and originally from Samarqand. We know that present Persian language developed in our lands, Khorasan and then spread to other parts of, as you say Bigger Iran.
What I whish for the people of my country is not to be involved into history like some peoples. General school understanding is enough. Past does not exist anymore and no need to repeat it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

#22 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:37 AM

Dushanbe jan,

Look, your example about comparison between Iran and Tajikistan, seems to me like a father deciding which child is more beautiful than the other. Iran, Khorasan and Tajikistan are the same soul, living in three different bodies. As your compatriot, I am glad to hear that you don't have negative impressions about Iran. But sometimes people don't express themselves in a proper way, then it is misunderstood by others. I hope this discussion will be beneficial for your English as well as your awareness about our Persian language, culture, and history. Instead, what we could do, we could talk about how we can best develop Khorasan-Tajikistan-Iran relations and ways of improving relations amongst. We could address some of strengths in each other and try to strengthen those that are not. Anyways, this will be dedicated to other thread.

Suffice to say that ti's not about being friendly countries, it's about one soul living in three bodies.

It's great to see you, CA Persian, to be loved by your identity "tajik". Yet, keep in mind that it's interchangeable term for Parsi and it would be a lot easy for people to recognize us by our original name "PARS." Why one should be afraid if one calls himself "PARS" or "Persian"? There could be two reasons: one is you are shy, because you think people will make fun of you; second, you are afraid of calling yourself "Pars" just because you think so. Anyhow, don't hesitate from calling yourself "PARS" or "Persian" in English, and always be proud of who you are! Then people will respect you.

Dushanbe i gerami, I didn't have any intentions to put you as "right" and "myself" as wrong. If you don't share your thoughts with mine in some aspects because it seemed to you unusual, that's fine! I don't have any problems with that. Maybe, somebody else can explain you better than me. But at least, we should focus on things that we agree on. So, please, don't get me wrong if I was harsh on you. Rather hear to what others say and then decide yourself why certain things should be certain way. Although, sometimes things seem to be hard to achieve, they are all possible; unless you don't let it yourself to become impossible.

Thank you and take care,

Pors.

[QUOTE=Dushanbe;10378]PORi aziz,

Thank you for your response. I really hope that this forum is capable of broadening the knowledge of its members.
I truly appreciate your comments and see it as an opportunity for myself to develop my points by making them clearer.

1) The comparison is usually made in order to see the differences. Of course the differences between Iran and Tajikistan are really big and there is no point to stress it. I love Iran and I did not have any negative intention while saying that Tajikistan is not going to be like Iran. What I believe is that we have our own way and they have their own way. Additionally, what I believe is that due to our common interests (cultural, economic, political, educational, etc.) our roads will often meet. We are two friendly countries with common past. What is more, it is for the People of Iran to decide what kind of government they should have. We respect their choice.
2) Tajik is viewed something new basically by those non-Tajikistani Persians. I view terms Persian and Dari older. But, you see, we speak about them when we talk about our classic literature and history. I am not a historian, but the term Tajik already exits and nobody can change the situation right now. Believe me, I am so much in love with it, that it is difficult to me to call myself Persian. I can call myself Persian at home when there is nobodybut present myself as Persian to others (?)I doubt.
Of course we are not new, we did not appear recently (I am thinking about Darwins theory of evolution). Anyways it is not important. The interesting thing is your thoughts about the usage of the terms Tajik and Persian which I do not share.

3) Thanks for your advice. I just wanted to bring you some examples from real life when speaking about my friend. By the way, my friend is a young teacher (23years) of Tajik language and literature and originally from Samarqand. We know that present Persian language developed in our lands, Khorasan and then spread to other parts of, as you say Bigger Iran.
What I whish for the people of my country is not to be involved into history like some peoples. General school understanding is enough. Past does not exist anymore and no need to repeat it.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

#23 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

Dear Pors,

Your thoughts are not new to me and most of your thoughts are close to mine. At least you agree that we are three bodies having a common soul, which I support genuinely. What I do not support is one body one soul. It is definitely beneficial for us to look for the ways of developing the relationships between our countries: Afghanistan, Tajikistan and Iran without any evil intentions.

And please, call me Tajik instead of CA Persian. I know that they are interchangeable terms, but that is my preference and wish. If I say I am Persian, people may think that I am from Iran. Just a few months ago I was stopped in the street by an Iranian who took me for an Iranian and asked me if I was Iranian (asked me in Persian). I said No, I am Tajik. Later he told me that he was a Turk, an Iranian Turk. Then I told him that Tajik means Persian. (This is another example from real life.)

Dear Pors, please be assured that I am a supporter of pluralism in Ideas and thoughts, and I would have become really sad if you had agreed with all my points.
You may also have no doubt about my pride of being who I am: A human being.

Cheers

#24 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

Dushanbe i arjmand,

You personal experience is dear to me as well and I have no problems with that. It's your personal life and you can do whatever you want with that. If I hurt your feelings calling you CA Persian and you did not prefer it, then one thing I have to say is: "I am sorry"

Pors.

#25 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

Dear Pors, take it easy. I am a very nice person.

Cheers and take care

#26 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:53 AM

From the day when this theme was opened to day the situation changed alot. What is your opinion today?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users