Tajiks Worldwide Community: For Darius - Richard Frye Interview on Central Asia, Greater Iran - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

For Darius - Richard Frye Interview on Central Asia, Greater Iran Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:21 AM

Very interesting interview :) He calls himself "Irandoost" and asked to be buried in Esfahan ... And considers Greater Iran and China as the greatest Civilizations of Asia.

http://video.google....592064891647273

http://www.iran-heri...groups/frye.htm

Richard Nelson Frye is a well known scholar in central Asian studies who has written many books on Iran. Graduating from Harvard in 1946, he taught at Habibiya College in Kabul (1942-44), Harvard University (1948-90), Frankfurt University (1959-60), Hamburg University (1968-69), Pahlavi University of Shiraz (1970-76), and University of Tajikistan (1990-92). Prof. Frye founded the Center for Middle Eastern Studies as Harvard. He served as Director of the Asia Institute in Shiraz (1970-1975), was on the Board of Trustees of the Pahlavi University at Shiraz (1974-78), and Chairman, Committee on Inner Asian Studies, at Harvard (1983-89), and as Editor of the Bulletin of the Asia Institute (1970-1975 and 1987-99. Professor Frye has published numerous works, including: Notes on the Early Coinage of Transoxiana (1949); The United States and Turkey and Iran, (with Lewis V. Thomas, 1951); The Near East and the Great Powers (ed., 1951); History of the Nation of Archers (1954); The Heritage of Persia (1962); Bukhara (1965); The Golden Age of Persia (1975); The History of Ancient Iran (1983); and The Heritage of Central Asia (1996). He was also the editor of Vol. IV of The Cambridge History of Iran (1975).

http://en.wikipedia....ard_Nelson_Frye
Richard Nelson Frye (c. 1920) is an American scholar of Iranian and Central Asian Studies, and Aga Khan Professor Emeritus of Iranian Studies at Harvard University. His professional areas of interest are Iranian philology, and the history of Iran and Central Asia before 1000 CE.

#2 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:37 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0rUgelgRHnc

#3 User is offline   Kamyar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:39 AM

God bless Professor Richard Nelson Frye.

He is a Pan-Iranist and he is not even Iranian lol

That shows that Pan-Iranism / Greater Iran is the obvious solution to anyone who has some smarts.

#4 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:54 AM

At time 48:47 ... ESTILAYE DOVVOMME ARAB ... Second Arab invasion ... (Arab Mullahs)

#5 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

He sees the historical and cultural connections better from outside :)
[QUOTE=Kamyar;9637]God bless Professor Richard Nelson Frye.

He is a Pan-Iranist and he is not even Iranian lol

That shows that Pan-Iranism / Greater Iran is the obvious solution to anyone who has some smarts.[/QUOTE]

#6 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

Yes, dear Nader Shah,

We attended a conference in Shiraz together with Richard Frye. He asked my name and I introduced myself as 'Dariush Irandoust'. His reaction was like: Shoma chera name man ra dozdideid? And broke into a shaking laughter. That made us good friends throughout his short stay in Esfahan and Shiraz. He is truly a great man.

[QUOTE=Nader Shah;9630]Very interesting interview :) He calls himself "Irandoost" and asked to be buried in Esfahan ... And considers Greater Iran and China as the greatest Civilizations of Asia.

http://video.google....592064891647273

http://www.iran-heri...groups/frye.htm

Richard Nelson Frye is a well known scholar in central Asian studies who has written many books on Iran. Graduating from Harvard in 1946, he taught at Habibiya College in Kabul (1942-44), Harvard University (1948-90), Frankfurt University (1959-60), Hamburg University (1968-69), Pahlavi University of Shiraz (1970-76), and University of Tajikistan (1990-92). Prof. Frye founded the Center for Middle Eastern Studies as Harvard. He served as Director of the Asia Institute in Shiraz (1970-1975), was on the Board of Trustees of the Pahlavi University at Shiraz (1974-78), and Chairman, Committee on Inner Asian Studies, at Harvard (1983-89), and as Editor of the Bulletin of the Asia Institute (1970-1975 and 1987-99. Professor Frye has published numerous works, including: Notes on the Early Coinage of Transoxiana (1949); The United States and Turkey and Iran, (with Lewis V. Thomas, 1951); The Near East and the Great Powers (ed., 1951); History of the Nation of Archers (1954); The Heritage of Persia (1962); Bukhara (1965); The Golden Age of Persia (1975); The History of Ancient Iran (1983); and The Heritage of Central Asia (1996). He was also the editor of Vol. IV of The Cambridge History of Iran (1975).

http://en.wikipedia....ard_Nelson_Frye
Richard Nelson Frye (c. 1920) is an American scholar of Iranian and Central Asian Studies, and Aga Khan Professor Emeritus of Iranian Studies at Harvard University. His professional areas of interest are Iranian philology, and the history of Iran and Central Asia before 1000 CE.[/QUOTE]

#7 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:09 AM

I kinda guessed that you had heard of him, but it must be another thing to meet him. Isn't it amazing how much effort he has put into his passion, teaching in Tajikistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. I doubt any other Iranologist or "CentralAsianOlogist" :D has tried to be so close to the object of study. He is a source of pride for all of us :) defending Persians against an aggressive Iranian female reporter (Asieh Namdar) on CNN, dismissing politics and praising our cultural heritage instead.

[QUOTE=Darius;9653]Yes, dear Nader Shah,

We attended a conference in Shiraz together with Richard Frye. He asked my name and I introduced myself as 'Dariush Irandoust'. His reaction was like: Shoma chera name man ra dozdideid? And broke into a shaking laughter. That made us good friends throughout his short stay in Esfahan and Shiraz. He is truly a great man.[/QUOTE]

#8 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=Nader Shah;9675]I kinda guessed that you had heard of him, but it must be another thing to meet him. Isn't it amazing how much effort he has put into his passion, teaching in Tajikistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. I doubt any other Iranologist or "CentralAsianOlogist" :D has tried to be so close to the object of study. He is a source of pride for all of us :) defending Persians against an aggressive Iranian female reporter (Asieh Namdar) on CNN, dismissing politics and praising our cultural heritage instead.[/QUOTE]

Yes, any Iranian should be proud of Richard Frye Irandoost. Meeting him will double the effect you receive from his talks and writings. I can never forget an amazing moment of our arrival in Isfahan with him. He looked around and whispered with a wide grin:

Arab dar biyaban malakh mikhorad
Sage Esfahan abe yakh mikhorad

I was pleasantly surprised to learn tat he could speak a perfect Russian as well. He is an extraordinary man.

#9 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 30 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

He is the greatest and most appreciated Iranistic scientists the world have seen. It is amazing that he can speaks perfect all languages of iranian origine, including Pashto. All his works are based on scientific bases and facts and he himself develope most times new ways of scientific to make other scientists easier to their work. He and Bosworth are my favourite scientists that our civilization have seen.
@Darius Jan,
if you meet him again somewhere plz take a record.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users