Tajiks Worldwide Community: Ahmad Zahir's ethnicity controversy - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ahmad Zahir's ethnicity controversy Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kamyar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:49 AM

Even I am not too sure about Ahmad Zahir's ethnicity.

There is a lot of controversy over this.

Pashtuns claim he was Pashtun, even though in his entire career he only sang 1 Pashto song.

I don't believe he was Pashtun.

Though I know for sure that his father was a Pashtunist politician. Maybe he was Pashaii who was taking the side of Pashtun? Or maybe his father was Pashtun? But his father was definitely not Tajik. So his father was either a pro-Pashtun Pashaii or a Pashtun.

His mother could have been either Pashaii, Pashtun, or Tajik.

I think his mother was Tajik, he must have been atleast half Tajik to sing in Farsi all the time and sing with Jalaludin Balkhi's poems.

So I think Ahmad Zahir was a mix of Pashaii/Pashtun + Tajik.

What do you think?

Can anyone provide some source so we can be sure? :confused:

#2 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:51 AM

Dr Zahir, Ahmad Zahir's father was not a Pashtunist. Dr Zahir was a Tajik from Laghman (source: Wasef Bakhtari).

#3 User is offline   Kamyar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:53 AM

[QUOTE=Gul agha;10021]Dr Zahir, Ahmad Zahir's father was not a Pashtunist. Dr Zahir was a Tajik from Laghman (source: Wasef Bakhtari).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gul Agha e gerami,

How about his mother?

Also can you please tell me where Wasef Bakhtari wrote that or said that?

Thanks.

#4 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:56 AM

Wasef Bakhtari said this on Khorasan TV and he also told it to me personally

His mother was also a Tajik, I think from Charikar.

#5 User is offline   Kamyar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:59 AM

[QUOTE=Gul agha;10023]Wasef Bakhtari said this on Khorasan TV and he also told it to me personally

His mother was also a Tajik, I think from Charikar.[/QUOTE]

Excellent.

Has he written this in any of his publications?

#6 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:00 AM

no

#7 User is offline   Kamyar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=Gul agha;10026]no[/QUOTE]

That is too bad.

I think he should do an article on Ahmad Zahir and mention his ethnicity somewhere in it so more people can know the answer to this controversy for certain.

#8 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:07 AM

I will tell him to write an article on him.

#9 User is offline   Kamyar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=Gul agha;10028]I will tell him to write an article on him.[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome! An article by a top scholar on Ahmad Zahir's ethnicity is long overdue! Thanks Gul Agha. You are the best. :cool:

#10 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

[QUOTE=Kamyar;10027]That is too bad.

I think he should do an article on Ahmad Zahir and mention his ethnicity somewhere in it so more people can know the answer to this controversy for certain.[/QUOTE]

dont worry. So far i know some smart young dynamic fellows are already making a movie about Ahmad Zahir. Just have patiance.

#11 User is offline   Saghari Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

My father whose uncle (Maamaa) was a member of the parliament during Zahir Shah era when Dr Abdul Zahir was the speaker of the parliament, was saying that he was 100% a Laghmani Tajik. He like some other high ranking Tajiks of those times delebretly were hiding their ethnicity to save their positions. An other example of this type of Tajiks was General Husain Khan father of Babrak Karmal who was a Tajik but was intoducing himself as a Pashtun. We all know that, despite the fact Karmal was a contrvesaual figure he did positve things for promotion of Farsi / Dari and set back of triblism in the country. Similarly Ahmad Zahir as a Tajik served his own languge by singning poems of Malwawi, Hafiz, Rahi Muiri .. Furogh Farukhzad etc. tarther than Malang Jan or Khushaal Khatak.

Saghari

#12 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:54 PM

The person Achmaq Zahir...was a alcoholic, idiot bastard....no doubt about that....whatever his ethnicity was!

His work was in PERSIAN!!!!

I dont know...why we discuss on this forum someone ethncity...this is not a racist forum!

We hate most pashtuns/Afghans....because the most criminals so not all....are Afghan/Pashtun.....and not the other way round!

We should fight for independece of Khorasan.....not care about some bastards ethicity!

#13 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=Rostam;10063]The person Achmaq Zahir...was a alcoholic, idiot bastard....no doubt about that....whatever his ethnicity was!

I dont know...why we discuss on this forum someone ethncity...this is not a racist forum!

We hate most pashtuns/Afghans....because the most criminals so not all....are Afghan/Pashtun.....and not the other way round!

We should fight for independece of Khorasan.....not care about some bastards ethicity![/QUOTE]

Dear Rostam,

Ahmad Zahir has done a great deal of work for Farsi culture and language in AFghanistan. He might have been womanizer and alcholic, but we leave it with him, it was his personal life and we are not supposed to interfere with it. Do not forget that it was his artistic work among some other reasons that helped to build a bridge between us and peopole of Tajikistan.

#14 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:34 AM

Karmal wasnt a Tajik. He was a Pashatin from Kashmir, tough his phenotype was same as a typical Tajik from Herat...or do you have some proofs for that? The only good thing he did was killing dirty Arabs and Pigtoons in eastern regions and make them slaves and immigrants in their own country, Awghanistan and Pakistan and bring social, political and enonomical developments to Awghoolistan. However, that was a result of his ''Tajik'' relations LLOLL

#15 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

[QUOTE=Rostam;10063]The person Achmaq Zahir...was a alcoholic, idiot bastard....no doubt about that....whatever his ethnicity was!

We should fight for independece of Khorasan.....not care about some bastards ethicity![/QUOTE]

One more thing, it is not racist to discuss someone's ethnicity here, ethnic discussion in our country is a reality and we cant change it. We always discuss some other great guys' ethnicities, like Mawlana, Kamal, Abo Ali Sina etc, none of them are considered as racist.

#16 User is offline   Abu_Muslim Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

Laghman, once part of greater Kabulistan, was/is a Tajik enclave. Even now, most people of Laghmaan are Farsi-zabaaans. The real and native people of Laghmaan are Tajiks and Pashaes. The Tajik people of Laghmaan and Nagarhaar came under immense pressure when they were overwhelmed by the rapid rise of Pashtons from the Indian Sub-continent. Some of them lost their languages while others integrated with Pashtons, but still kept their language. Ahmad Zahir was from the ranks of those kind of Tajiks. In fact a travellor passing through the region centuries ago, whose name I can't recall now, mentions that the people of Laghmaan are Farsi-speaking and known locally as Tajiks.

#17 User is offline   Kamyar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:49 AM

This is actually also an issue on Afghan Web and Pashtoon fascists are claiming he was Pashtoons while Persianized-Pashtoons are saying he was part of the Farsi culture period.

There is a user named Afghan4Ever. This guy claims he is a relative of Ahmad Zahir but what's funny is that is not possible since he is Sadozai from Kandahar! :D There are no Sadozais in Laghman and Ahmad Zahir was native to Laghman, Sadozais are from Kandahar and do not migrate to Laghman. For a Pashtoon, it is pathetic that this guy lied about his own tribe :D to support another lie! :D

#18 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

In one of Ahmad Zahir's songs, before the song he tells a joke about Pushtoons and call them Awghan, if he was Pushtoon he wouldnt have made such a joke. I wonder if someone has got that or not? i had the cassette(majlesi), but gave it to a friend and he never gave me back.

#19 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

but gave it to a friend and he never gave me back.

And that you call a ''friend''? Such persons are not friends but ACHMAQS!
Its not about you give him a casette or 10.000 but its about PRINCIPLES!

#20 User is offline   happy88 Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

just forgetful maybe

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic