Tajiks Worldwide Community: Ahmad Zahir's ethnicity controversy - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ahmad Zahir's ethnicity controversy Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Lindt Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

Ahmad Zahir was a Pashtun who prefered to sing in Farsi.

The end.

#62 User is offline   Khurasanzad Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

[QUOTE=Kamyar;10020]Even I am not too sure about Ahmad Zahir's ethnicity.

There is a lot of controversy over this.

Pashtuns claim he was Pashtun, even though in his entire career he only sang 1 Pashto song.

I don't believe he was Pashtun.

Though I know for sure that his father was a Pashtunist politician. Maybe he was Pashaii who was taking the side of Pashtun? Or maybe his father was Pashtun? But his father was definitely not Tajik. So his father was either a pro-Pashtun Pashaii or a Pashtun.

His mother could have been either Pashaii, Pashtun, or Tajik.

I think his mother was Tajik, he must have been atleast half Tajik to sing in Farsi all the time and sing with Jalaludin Balkhi's poems.

So I think Ahmad Zahir was a mix of Pashaii/Pashtun + Tajik.

What do you think?

Can anyone provide some source so we can be sure? :confused: [/QUOTE]

Ahmad Zahir was born on June 14, 1946 (Jauza 23, 1325 of the Persian calendar (see Omar Khayyam)) in Kabul, to Persian-Tajik parents.[1][2][3][4][5][6] The family belong to a sub-group of Tajiks from Laghman, that is called Furmuli.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ahmad_Zahir

The New York Times who had an article about him http://query.nytimes...&pagewanted=all

wrote he is of Pashtun descand who mostly sang in Dari. Actually always. I cant remember any Pashtu songs. The article was written in 2003 by Ami Waldman.

#63 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=Lindt;13290]Ahmad Zahir was a Pashtun who prefered to sing in Farsi.

The end.[/QUOTE]

Can you prove that? Your claim is controverse and again all other proofs.

#64 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Khurasanzad;13291]Ahmad Zahir was born on June 14, 1946 (Jauza 23, 1325 of the Persian calendar (see Omar Khayyam)) in Kabul, to Persian-Tajik parents.[1][2][3][4][5][6] The family belong to a sub-group of Tajiks from Laghman, that is called Furmuli.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ahmad_Zahir

The New York Times who had an article about him http://query.nytimes...&pagewanted=all

wrote he is of Pashtun descand who mostly sang in Dari. Actually always. I cant remember any Pashtu songs. The article was written in 2003 by Ami Waldman.[/QUOTE]

The question is who was the person who gave the writer the information? The idiotic cultural minister of awkhunistan?

#65 User is offline   Lindt Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=Parsistani;13467]Can you prove that? Your claim is controverse and again all other proofs.[/QUOTE]

No, I can't prove that; you'd need DNA to give a definite answer. My statement, on the other-hand is based on what I've read.

#66 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=Lindt;13472]No, I can't prove that; you'd need DNA to give a definite answer. My statement, on the other-hand is based on what I've read.[/QUOTE]

What did you read? And how do you want to prove his ethnicity with his dna? He could also be an Uzbek or an Iranian or a Turk or Indian because of his dna, ever thought about this?

#67 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:27 PM

DNA?, what is wrong with you guys.

#68 User is offline   Lindt Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

[QUOTE=Parsistani;13473]What did you read? And how do you want to prove his ethnicity with his dna? He could also be an Uzbek or an Iranian or a Turk or Indian because of his dna, ever thought about this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know that he could've been anything if that's what his DNA proved - I'm not ruling out the possibilities. I can't source what I've read in relation to his ethnicity (and I know that's very unreliable!) but like I said, my statement was based on what I'd gathered.

#69 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:31 PM

[QUOTE=Lindt;13481]Yes, I know that he could've been anything if that's what his DNA proved - I'm not ruling out the possibilities. I can't source what I've read in relation to his ethnicity (and I know that's very unreliable!) but like I said, my statement was based on what I'd gathered.[/QUOTE]

suprisely, other people read that he was a Tajik. Some other even know his family from work in Afghanistan or because they are related with them.

#70 User is offline   Lindt Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:39 PM

I'm not too sure where this is going. I've also read that he was a Tajik, but the overwhelming majority of what I have read states that he is a Pashtun. tbh, it really doesn't matter what he is. I'd still admire his music if he had a disfigured face. :)

#71 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image
Ahmad Zahir with Haji Kamran.

Posted Image
Ahmad Zahir with the Bi-Sexual Hindu dog Zaher Khan Afshari (nothing against Afsharis but this dog wasnt a real Awghan)

Posted Image
Ahmad Zahir with Hangama and Ahmad Wali

Posted Image
Ahmad Zaher at his work

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users