Tajiks Worldwide Community: Iran, Tajikistan, Afghanistan to launch joint TV network - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Iran, Tajikistan, Afghanistan to launch joint TV network Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

[QUOTE=PORS;11368]I am also interested in knowing what "script" would be used for the channel?

Any guess? :)

Pors.[/QUOTE]

I guess both Persian and Cyrillic will be used.

#22 User is offline   Ordibehesht Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

Progress with the proposed joint TV network seems to be going slower than expected.

Charter of Persian-language TV networks still under consideration, Tajik official says 17.07.2008 15:27Author: Mavjouda HasanovaDUSHANBE, July 17, 2008, Asia-Plus -- Abdurahmon Abdumannonov, the first deputy head of the Committee for TV and Radio-broadcasting, told a press conference in Dushanbe on July 17 that a working group for elaboration of a charter of a joint Persian-language TV channel had been set up at a recent meeting of representatives of Tajikistan, Iran and Afghanistan in Dushanbe.According to him, the sides are still considering issues related to laying legal foundation of the channel. In the meantime, the issue of financing of the channel has not yet been solved, Abdumannonov said, noting that the Afghan side suggested that the sides should have equal ownership interest in the company. He noted that subject area of the joint TV network has not yet been discussed as well. All three countries have their own TV broadcasting rules and these issues have not yet been discussed, Abdumannonov said. We will recall that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad proposed to launch the joint TV channel during his visit to Tajikistan in July 2006. According to him, the joint TV channel could broadcast on the territories of Iran, Tajikistan and Afghanistan. This joint television will be dedicated to facilitate dissemination of culture of the Persian-speaking countries, the Iranian president said. At the conclusion of a two-day summit in Dushanbe on March 24-25 this year, the foreign ministers of Tajikistan, Afghanistan, and Iran signed a joint 12-point communiqu pledging tripartite cooperation in the energy and transport sectors and vowing to expand economic cooperation. The three added that they also agreed to establish a new Dushanbe-based Persian-language television channel to broadcast in each country.The first working group session of representatives of Tajikistan, Iran and Afghanistan held in Dushanbe on July 6 resulted in signing of an agreement to establish a joint Persian-language TV network in the near future. The agreement envisages taking some steps into consideration to launch the TV. The Tajikistan capital, Dushanbe, was chosen as the network's hub of activity and the legal address. The second working group session will be held on August 7. http://www.asiaplus....s/41/34898.html

#23 User is offline   dokhtare pulegun Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

I can just imagine it in my head right now.. Everybody is enjoying the channel with their family or friends. And then the Pashto programs comes on. Everybody groans then changes the channel.

I don't see why Pashto has to be involved. There are Azeris in Iran, does that mean we should broadcast it in Azeri as well? Of course not- Azeris can speak Persian. Same goes for Pashtuns.

#24 User is offline   Mahasti Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

They will then associate Afghan national anthem, clothes etc etc with all the habitants of Afghanistan. A bad idea.

#25 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=dokhtare pulegun;11645]I can just imagine it in my head right now.. Everybody is enjoying the channel with their family or friends. And then the Pashto programs comes on. Everybody groans then changes the channel.

I don't see why Pashto has to be involved. There are Azeris in Iran, does that mean we should broadcast it in Azeri as well? Of course not- Azeris can speak Persian. Same goes for Pashtuns.[/QUOTE]

Dear Dokhtar,

At least there is something going that called Persian channel which can include all of us. We shouldnt undermine this for having couple of pushtoo programmes. Bear in mind that Pushtoo is one of the official languages of afghanistan while azari is not an iranian official language. In this TV, persian will still have upper hand, we should be happy for it.

#26 User is offline   Ordibehesht Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

Considering that this proposed Persian TV network is to be broadcast in Iran, Tajikistan and Afghanistan it makes no sense to me if this channel were to have Pashto-language programmes since this language is not spoken in either Iran or Tajikistan.

#27 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=Ordibehesht;12845]Considering that this proposed Persian TV network is to be broadcast in Iran, Tajikistan and Afghanistan it makes no sense to me if this channel were to have Pashto-language programmes since this language is not spoken in either Iran or Tajikistan.[/QUOTE]

That's a logical conclusion. But what has been done logically in our countries lately? That's why, it's better than nothing, even with a thin and tiny Pashto stream.

#28 User is offline   Pur e Zaal Icon

• PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:19 AM

Salam all,

It's a great step towards the cultural reunification of the three major Farsi-speaking countries. Since Farsi has survived many all-sided cultural invasions, with Arabs crowing them all, the minimal and optional inclusion of Pashto will not dim its strength in anyway. For Pashto to attract an audience, it has to be presented alongside Farsi. Such is the sustainable yet worrisome development of modern Pashto in Afghanistan, which can be argued to be its birthplace. While this language faces such a shaky fate in its birthplace, will its faint inclusion in a predominantly Farsi TV have a worrying effect?

Afghanistani Tajiks understand how entertainment programs and news sessions on Afghan TVs unexceptionally have two presenters--one in Farsi and one in Pashto. Given the suppressive and brutal essence of Pashton governments, it will be naive to think that Afghan officials equally promote the two official languages simultaneously. It's because in the absence of Farsi, Pashto programs will have minimum viewership. They brutally impose Pashto on the Farsi-speaking, and even Persianized Pashton, viewership, out of desparation to preserve that language.

My argument is not for the inclusion of this language in the proposed joint TV, but rather against the inhibitions and concerns that have been presented against its inclusion. In other words, while I every bit resent its inclusion in that culturally homogenous TV network, I want to highlight the unimportance of its ludicrous inclusion in a TV channel that will have Farsi viewership (and promote the culture of Shahnaama, I hope).

The materialization of such a TV will have more positive impacts on the strengthening of our language with its rich dialects. It will also bring the Afghanistani Tajiks alot more closer to their brothers in Iran and Tajikistan. Otherwise, they will have no option but to suffer watching predominantly Pashto programs through solely Afghani TVs.

Pedrod

#29 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:45 AM

From the last interview of Iranian ambassador in Tajikistan (http://www.millat.tj...iyosat&page=116) i learned that the tv will be mostly cultural & historical. It will be interesting to see what programs pashtoons can offer:rolleyes:

#30 User is offline   dokhtare pulegun Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

It still doesn't make much sense to broadcast in Pushto if this is a joint Persian channel.

#31 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=dokhtare pulegun;12933]It still doesn't make much sense to broadcast in Pushto if this is a joint Persian channel.[/QUOTE]

Dear dokhtare,

By complaining unecessarily about the presence of Pushto, we will only blow the very first chance of a joint TV by these 3 countries. In this TV, i believe persian will be the main driving force. Bear in mind that Afghanistan is part of this TV and Pushtoo is another recognized langauge of the country besides Farsi, it will be natural to see such a proposal from the Afghanistan government. Dont you think it will be good to have some pushtoo and take away all the chances from Afghan Milatis to bring the damage to such a TV?

#32 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:15 PM

As far as I see it - the basic reason for having a TV station between Iran Afghanistan and Tajikistan is the common Persian language - and so the inclusion of anything else would be a deviation from this path and an excuse to stop it all together.

Afghanistan and Pakistan should have a shared Pashto channel ! That would be great for neighborly relations and a a great way to put in the past the differences over the irredentism of Afghanistan towards Pakistan.

Ahhangar

#33 User is offline   dokhtare pulegun Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Afghanistan and Pakistan should have a shared Pashto channel ! That would be great for neighborly relations and a a great way to put in the past the differences over the irredentism of Afghanistan towards Pakistan.

I LOLed.

#34 User is offline   Ordibehesht Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

I can understand the POV of those who say that the inclusion of some Pashto content shouldnt be made into a big deal altho if the Afghan government does raise this demand i would be very surprised if the governments of Iran and Tajikistan warm to the idea, especially considering that the Persian TV network is supposed to be broadcast from Dushanbe.

#35 User is offline   Pur e Zaal Icon

• PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

roz be khair hama,

Aside from my earlier posts which were only my thoughts on certain other viewpoints listed in this thread, my immediate reaction to accomodating Pashto in the coverage of the joint TV adventure by the three core Farsi states is this:

Including Pashto is a direct recognition of the equal status of that language with Farsi, which is the Lingua Franca of the country. Of all the nations of the world, Tajikistan and Iran should recognize that Pashto is but only one of the two constitutionally sanctioned official languages of Afghanistan. And as such, The state of Afghanistan will be sufficiently "officially" represented in the joint TV by only Farsi. The two countries should not allow this fortunate opportunity to be hijacked by Pashtonistic jingoism that will only see in the inclusion of Pashto a political concession and victory.

As jinaab Ahangar has properly observed, without violating Afghanistan's constitution (which is again a Pashton creation), Pashtons could have their own cultural joint TV with Pakistani and Indian Pashtons without the inclusion of Farsi. Refraining from blocking the inevitable, cultural reunification of Farsi speakers, these Pashton supremacists need to devise a number of more acceptable and human ways to preserve their political legitimacy and culture

The inclusion of Pashto against the aspirations of Afghanistan's majority population that speak Farsi is only a sneaky affirmation of the legitimacy of the rule of a tiny group of Pashtons that have persecuted Afghanistani Farsi speakers who have spoken in their mother tongue and refused to employ "Pohanton, Pashto word for university" in place of "Danishgaah, Farsi word for the same". This little group of foreign-backed Pashtons merely survive by fomenting and exploiting ethnic chaos and riots in Afghanistan.

Despite my concerns that I posted above, I still believe that such a joint venture at a state level now, with or without Pashto, will set the momentum for the future private enterprises to emulate this unique precedent and to promote what will be failed at the "state" level--which is our cultural reunification and the revival of the oneness of our identity.

Roz hama ton khosh.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users