Tajiks Worldwide Community: Greater Tajikistan, Massoud's dream? - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Greater Tajikistan, Massoud's dream? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:03 PM

I've heard quite a lot about Massoud having the dreaming of establishing the 'Greater Tajikistan'. I don't know in what extent that assumption is true, therefore, I searched about the matter with google, and I found this article that was published on NYTimes:

Mr. Massoud has spoken of his dream of a ''Greater Tajikistan,'' which would include a good part of what is now Uzbekistan. If he cannot rule in Afghanistan, Uzbek officials say privately, he may begin pursuing this goal. Uzbekistan invaded and briefly occupied Tajikistan in 1992; if it felt threatened, it could do so again.
http://query.nytimes...750C0A961958260

Tajikistan, racked by civil war and with a government backed by Russian troops, has been sympathetic to fellow Tajiks led by President B. Rabbani. Many Afghan Tajiks also support the idea of a greater Tajikistan - merging Tajik areas of Afghanistan with Tajikistan.

http://ftp.fas.org/i...rn_alliance.htm

Masood's army is the best Tajik military force in the area. Although Masood hasnever supported the idea of a greater Tajikistan, Tashkent fears that a victory for Masood inAfghanistan would lead to a new boost for Tajikistan that could reclaim Samarkand andBukhara.
http://www.sam.gov.t...4OLIVIERROY.pdf

Please share more information about the matter.

#2 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

Great work Superior.

I do not know if Massoud had ever thought of spoken of such an idea - Greater Tajikistan - I would believe it is some real proof was shown that he was of that opinion - but I do believe that Uzbekistan and Russia feared a victory by him for such reasons.

Uzbekistan and Russia both funded that low life Uzbek Dostum to constantly undermine Massoud and Ismail Khan when Massoud and Ismail were in positions of strength. Uzbekistan would work directly with Pakistan to undermine Massoud and Ismail Khan. That is why you saw Dostum changing sides to Gulbudin and then to the Taliban and so on - fighting against both Ismail and Massoud.

The current setup of states is all due to the fact that Tajiks have been denied their sovereignty - the existence of Uzbekistan Afghanistan and the wrong borders of Tajikistan attest to that.Tajikistan is deliberately marked out in a manner that makes it hugely dependent on Uzbekistan for its well being.

So - in the eyes of both the West and Russia - Tajik (Pars) sovereignty is highly undesired.

Massoud had long before 1992 predicted that there will many conspiratorial moves against his movements by both the West and East (Russia).

Latif Pedram mentioned the fear of Stalin and the Politburo over the possibility of Habibulah Kalakani securing his position in Afghanistan and then moving against the southern borders of the USSR in support of the Basmachi and other Jihadists - and becoming the leader of the Persian speaking people of all of Central Asia. So - again fears of Russia and its stooges for the reviving of the Persian identity of that land would have been come to fore with Massoud's accent.

Ahhangar

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users