Tajiks Worldwide Community: Parliament of Afg is debating over language in universities - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Parliament of Afg is debating over language in universities Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Khorasanpur Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

[B][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=6]?

#2 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

This is another symptom of the tribal concept of Afghanistan - where they do not realize the importance of leaving the universities to teach in which ever language they deem fit.

It is part of the process of moving towards a single language in the country - that of Pashto - which will never happen - but just cause more disunity.

IT will only cause more hatred - and be a cause for uniting the Parsi speakers to be more outspoken about this dirty tribal concept of 'Afghanistan'.

By the way - the University of Peshawar in Pakistan - in the heart of the Pashtun lands - uses English as the language of instruction - which says a lot about the status of Pashto as a language of education.

#3 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

In our universities in Tajikistan there are groups in Tajik and Russian, and in some universities even an Uzbek group and students choose to which group to apply. In the department that I graduated there was one Russian group, one Uzbek group and four Tajik groups. I think this is the best way of solving this kind of problems. The language of study should not be imposed to universities - but the students should choose in which language they want to study.

#4 User is offline   Khorasanpur Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Fascist Pashtuns stubbornly persisting on imposition of preposterous and ludicrous pashto words and terms on Parsi speakers of Afghanistan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...si-pashtu.shtml

#5 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

This is gona create even more hatred among people and nothing else. I dont understand why these fascists are afraid of giving farsi eqal chance?

#6 User is offline   Khurasanzad Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

They will not come far with that. We have gifted scholars and writer who will face these fascists with our own pure language. Dont forget, our neighbours are all Persian- and Semi-Persian speaking cuntries (inclusive Pakistan). Their influence is even much higher than that of these Kuchis who want to impose their language and vocabulary on other. People, who are well educated will always defend their own language. These Pashtuns wont be succesful. They werent yesterday and they are not succesful, today. They have self own problems with their own language since Pashtu and Pukhtu are actually two different languages than dialect-groups. Noone of them understand eachother. To make 'war' on them Tajik elites need to write books, magazines, poems and do other cultural valuable efforts (f.ex., Wasif Bakhtiar do a favor for Tajiks) like translating european and american literature into Persian and operate studies and lectures. Also building up a strong relationship to our neighbours, specially to Iran (Tajiks), Tajikistan (Tajiks), Uzbekistan(Tajiks/Uzbeks) and Turkmenistan(Tajiks/Turkmen) and involving them in politics of the country as Pashtuns do the same with Paki (Pashtuns) and Arabs (fathers of Pashtuns). Iran and Tajikistan need to protect themself from Pashtuns by supporting Tajiks in all ways since all three nation are from the same background and share the same language and culture. Let Pashtuns bark. They do for us a great favor and wake up Tajik nationalism.

Just think again about it. Can a language with lesser than 20 000 words survive or even get imposed on other, specially on Persian-Speaker whos language have a very long history and vocabulary with 800 000? I assume that at least half of those 20 000 words in Pushtu are taken from modern Persian language. They have not even a single dictionary or a translated form of the 1400 years old Koran. So, dont worry. Dont make yourself headache. They gave never Persian an equal statue but Persian reached that point by its own and replaced Pashtu (because of that disgrace that Persian did to every Pashtun men and women and child, they changed it into ''Dari'' to differentiating it from the western dialect so It can be considered as an ''own Afghan'' language with no ''difference'' compared with Pashtu), although they had banned Persian for years in all schools and universities. The called Pashtu as ''official'' language but that is not the position of Pashtu. They even promoted Pashtu but failed and today they repeat it and still fail. Of course, they were able to Pashtunize Tajiks in eastern and southern Afghanistan so some of them cant speak Persian but the majority is still Persian-Speaking who will fight against them as they did in the past.

#7 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=Khurasanzad;13261]
[/QUOTE]

They will not come far with that. We have gifted scholars and writer who will face these fascists with our own pure language.

Khorasanzad Gerami,

But we havent seen much from these gifted scholors and politicians so far. Except our great Bakhtari and our beloved Mr. R.Zaryab. We saw what our politicians and scholars did when the constitution bill was passed and in that constitution all the old terms(mostly pushtoo) which were used in the government were said to be presereved, as a result it gave a good amunition in the hand of Khoram to ban our Daneshgah and Daneshkada.

Dont forget, our neighbours are all Persian- and Semi-Persian speaking cuntries (inclusive Pakistan). Their influence is even much higher than that of these Kuchis who want to impose their language and vocabulary on other.

Can you tell me what positive role have iran played in Afghanistan? Except the Rafsanjani type people who created more problem for us becuase of Mazhab and Religion. I should say this is not directed to our Iranian brothers, we are only talking about the governments.

People, who are well educated will always defend their own language. These Pashtuns wont be succesful. They werent yesterday and they are not succesful, today.

Do you mean we are more educated than them? I do not think so. Illetracy is a big problem in the whole country, tajiks are not any exception. They were successful yesterday and they are today, if this is not the case then why are we complaining about the injustices? Lets be realistic about the situation rather than denying the facts.

They have self own problems with their own language since Pashtu and Pukhtu are actually two different languages than dialect-groups. Noone of them understand eachother.

It is neverr good to underestimate your opponent and close your eyes to the facts, otherwise it will lead us to teethbreaking defeat.

To make 'war' on them Tajik elites need to write books, magazines, poems and do other cultural valuable efforts (f.ex., Wasif Bakhtiar do a favor for Tajiks) like translating european and american literature into Persian and operate studies and lectures. Also building up a strong relationship to our neighbours, specially to Iran (Tajiks), Tajikistan (Tajiks), Uzbekistan(Tajiks/Uzbeks) and Turkmenistan(Tajiks/Turkmen) and involving them in politics of the country as Pashtuns do the same with Paki (Pashtuns) and Arabs (fathers of Pashtuns).

Yes, I agree with everything of this, except the word war is not necessary.

They do for us a great favor and wake up Tajik nationalism.

If we dont do anything ourself, no one will be willing or able to do things for us.

[B]They have not even a single dictionary or a translated form of the 1400 years old Koran. So, dont worry. Dont make yourself headache.[/B]

But now they have, Dont lead people to Khowabe Khargosh by saying dont worry. it is a matter to worry.

#8 User is offline   Khurasanzad Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 11:21 AM

But we havent seen much from these gifted scholors and politicians so far. Except our great Bakhtari and our beloved Mr. R.Zaryab. We saw what our politicians and scholars did when the constitution bill was passed and in that constitution all the old terms(mostly pushtoo) which were used in the government were said to be presereved, as a result it gave a good amunition in the hand of Khoram to ban our Daneshgah and Daneshkada.

You use Pashtu words as a Non-Pashtun instead of Persian words? Pohantun instead Daneshgah? Who cares what they try to do or not. So long we keep up ourself everything is fine. They can even ban the term ''Dari'' but we will be on use of it. As i said, let them bark. Thats the one good stuff they can.

Unfortuantely, most of our scholars live outside of Afghanistan who also do great thinks for our culture and language, but also those who stayed in Afghanistan do great thinks. They promote Farsi on their ways, they protect Farsi as good as Pashtuns promote Pashtu. There is no need to worry. Great channels like Tolo TV do also great favor for us and dont forget, people are awaken now. They know all these Kuchis in and by heart.

Can you tell me what positive role have iran played in Afghanistan? Except the Rafsanjani type people who created more problem for us becuase of Mazhab and Religion. I should say this is not directed to our Iranian brothers, we are only talking about the governments.

In that case you shouldnt live in the past. They were supporting Shia against Sunnis and Taliban but that does not make them looking bad since Iran also supported Afghanistans rebuilding. This is another point. What count is the cultural- sphere and ties. Governments come and go and with them the politic.

Do you mean we are more educated than them? I do not think so. Illetracy is a big problem in the whole country, tajiks are not any exception. They were successful yesterday and they are today, if this is not the case then why are we complaining about the injustices? Lets be realistic about the situation rather than denying the facts.

I didnt say we are educated than them. My words were:

''People, who are well educated will always defend their own language. These Pashtuns wont be succesful. They werent yesterday and they are not succesful, today.''

But of course, Tajiks are much educated than Pashtuns are and in number we have also much more educated people than Pashtuns who are mainly backward and martial nomads. As i said they were never succesfully. They only changed here and there terms and that was everything they could. They were weak and they are weak. I only repeat myself. Injustice was always part of their sick minds but that is not a sign of succes otherwise you would talk today in Pushtu, Kabul were populated by Pashtuns, Herat would be a Pashtun city and everywhere would stink like Kuchi shit.

#9 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:51 PM

Guys, don't worry. Dari will never vanish from Afghanistan, Pashto might but not Dari. If you go to Afghanistan once then you know what I mean.
If Love Is A Crime, Then Lock Me Up, 'Cause I am Guilty

#10 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

View PostMadina, on 21 August 2009 - 12:51 AM, said:

Guys, don't worry. Dari will never vanish from Afghanistan, Pashto might but not Dari. If you go to Afghanistan once then you know what I mean.

dear madina, it is not about vanishing and lasting. it is about equality for all the citizens and all linguistic or ethnic groups. as long as one group is favoured over the others, this disintegration and disunity will continue forever.

#11 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

^ Ya but as far as I see and hear, Persian language is getting quiet some importance. In fact, many Pashtuns feel Pashto isn't being promoted enough. I think you should be able to speak the main language(s) of the country you live in so if we Tajiks want our language to be understood by all Pashtuns, then we must also give Pashto lessons in the North more often.

#12 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

View PostMadina, on 21 August 2009 - 12:55 PM, said:

^ Ya but as far as I see and hear, Persian language is getting quiet some importance. In fact, many Pashtuns feel Pashto isn't being promoted enough. I think you should be able to speak the main language(s) of the country you live in so if we Tajiks want our language to be understood by all Pashtuns, then we must also give Pashto lessons in the North more often.

@madina,

I think you are not in touch with the situation of afghanistan that much, our complain is not if people speak our language or not, they are delibarately targeting farsi to undermine it, they call this promotion of pashto. we dont want farsi to be understood or spoken by pashtoon fellows. if they choose to speak it then we dont have any problem with it. persian language has always had its prominent role and importance during the long history of afghanistan, it is not something new. if pashtoons believe pashtoo has not been promoted then where is my fault in it? it is their language and they should work towards its developement, as a matter of fact the previous governments always founded organizations and funded by the government to promote pashtoo, but there was zero funding and organization for farsi. i am persoanlly able to speak pashtoo and some other people too, this is not something bad.

#13 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

^ That's weird because I didn't know issues about languages are still in full force over there. I do remember there were rallies in Mazar last year because they wanted to name Universities Daneshgah and not Pohantoon, and I think they even succeeded. What's exactly the problem then?

And no Azizam, nothing is your fault. But to those who want whole of Afghanistan to speak Persian then they must be able to speak Pashto as well. Just last year in Mister and Miss Afghanistan Contest a woman was saying that Zarlasht shouldn't have won because she cannot speak Persian, while she didn't know one word of Pashto herself. Now incidents like that are just embarrasing to see.

#14 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

View PostMadina, on 21 August 2009 - 01:21 PM, said:

^ That's weird because I didn't know issues about languages are still in full force over there. I do remember there were rallies in Mazar last year because they wanted to name Universities Daneshgah and not Pohantoon, and I think they even succeeded. What's exactly the problem then?

the problem is: Daneshgah is Farsi word and Pohantoon is Pashtoo word. Pohantoon along with some other vocabulary was forced and delibarately placed in farsi by the previous governments. over a year ago a journalist was punished because he used the pure word of Daneshgah instead of Pohantoon(the journalist was persian speaker and was reporting in farsi language) this caused alot of caoes in and out of afghanistan. if we dont have a right to speak or promote our own langauge, then what can you expect from such a country apart from misary. i feel sorry for all people of afghanistan who are paying the price.

#15 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

View PostMadina, on 21 August 2009 - 01:21 PM, said:

^

And no Azizam, nothing is your fault. But to those who want whole of Afghanistan to speak Persian then they must be able to speak Pashto as well. Just last year in Mister and Miss Afghanistan Contest a woman was saying that Zarlasht shouldn't have won because she cannot speak Persian, while she didn't know one word of Pashto herself. Now incidents like that are just embarrasing to see.

people like this are not that much, there might be only a few of them which can be totally ignored. by the way, this is not what we want. i dont want all afghanistan to be persian speaker, all i(and most of us) want is to be free and respected equally, no favouritism in the middle.

#16 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

^ But how come I still hear people use the word 'Daneshgah' on TV and especially on News Channels? And Northern Alliance today quiet some power so how come we still aren't able to fight for our rights?

#17 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:33 PM

View PostMadina, on 21 August 2009 - 01:32 PM, said:

^ But how come I still hear people use the word 'Daneshgah' on TV and especially on News Channels?

because those are private TV channels, you dont see such a thing in gov owned instituions as it is considered a big sin.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users