Tajiks Worldwide Community: How can we keep our language and culture alive? - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How can we keep our language and culture alive? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

Those who live in foreign countries are facing a huge challenge of retaining their culture and language. How can we transfer Farsi language and culture to our coming generations? Because i have seen alot of families that their kids have lost the language!!!

#2 User is offline   Pur e Zaal Icon

• PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Unity;12980]Those who live in foreign countries are facing a huge challenge of retaining their culture and language. How can we transfer Farsi language and culture to our coming generations? Because i have seen alot of families that their kids have lost the language!!![/QUOTE]

An excellent thread!

I will list some ways that I think might help retain our culture.

1) Maintaining a family environment that greets the visitor as Farsi. Calligraphy and paintaings; audio and video entertainment cds and disks; books, preferrably with bold Farsi titles and images on their covers ; speaking Farsi, or attempting to speak Farsi if it's not spoken enough, with family members; and even outfits will definitely help shape the family environment. A level of moderation, however, should be observed.

2) Providing dedicated parental education. It is the duty of the parents to convey the language to the child. Children learn by immitation first. Let them immitate the parents when they speak Farsi and when they do, reward them. Teach them reading and when they can hold a pen, show them writing. In case of teens, the primary focus should be on the family enviroment way that is described above.

3) Attending cultural gatherings and meetings. It is imperative to take family members to safe social gatherings which have roots and causes in our culture such as Nawrooz festivals, literary celebrations and commemorations, traditional music perfomances etc.

Those are some of the ways that I think can have a positive impact on retaining our culture. Again, those ways might not work for all social contexts and some of them could certainly be applicable in most households. Let's see what others have to offer. Once more viewpoints are listed, we will sum them all up point by point for the service of preserving this noble heritage that we have been gifted with.

#3 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

We need to form organizations that teach Parsi to our young. Those of us from Afghanistan whom form organizations should make it clear that its purpose is to teach PARSI as opposed to 'Afghan culture' - as some pf our confused brothers fall into the trap of saying.

An ideal situation would be one where all of our populations in the diaspora are catered for in Parsi schools and that they take group trips to places of cultural significance - like KONYA in Turkey - all over IRAN - and Afghanistan and Pakistan, India and Central Asia. Visiting archaeological sites and attending musical gatherings - poetical gatherings - aswell as highly academic lectures given by scholars from the world's greatest universities.

In the UN - the recognition of the services to humanity by Persian culture is recognized and is celebrated - yet it is unknown to most of our fellow Parsi speakers - we can arrange trips and seminars to the UN for the attendees of of the Parsi schools and so on.

The point I am making is the potential for a very active and effective program to be put into practice exists - we just need vision - leadership and the requires resources to get it all going.

A few of the benefits would be - the securing of knowledge of the Parsi amongst our young and instilling a sense of unity and shared purpose within them - a few of whom would no doubt go on to achieve positions of great influence within the powerful institutions of the world - which would then open up the possibility of affecting change directly onto our homelands.

Ahhangar

#4 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

Good comments by brothers Por e Zaal and Ahhangar.

Some of the points need more resources and high budget, but as you said are very effective. I wanted to add a few more things on it.

1-Try to avoid to use the language of the host country with your kids.
2-Make sure that your kids ALWAYS AND AT ALL TIMES speak in Farsi with each other.
3-If they speak to you in English(or whatever language), do not give them a reply until they start speaking in Farsi to you.
4-Try to reward the kids if they do some good cultural activity. For example buy them a gift if they know who a Poet is or what is the roots of Nawrooz.

#5 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

Reward your kids for learning (by heart) poetries (rubai, ghazals, etc.) and song in Persian

(in particular, monetary - if over 7 years old)

#6 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

Read your kids Shahnameh and it's romantic stories, like Bezhan o Manizheh. It contains pure Parsi words which can in turn revive Parsi for the next generations. It all starts from ourselves and from our families.

#7 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:39 AM

It is worth it to mention what are the reasons why some families cant transfer all these values to their next generations. I can list these ones:

1-When they arrived to the host country, they were facing alot of problems because of the lack of language skills. Now they do not want their children to have the same issues in their daily life. But these people cant understand that, their kids who were born there or were quiet young to have come to that foreign country, and themselves who were grown up adults are very very different. The kids can easily pick the language of that country becasue they were very young and go to school, the challenge for the kids IS KEEPING FARSI.

2-The lack of cultural awareness and lack of information about our history and past. This will result to alot of problems. for example if they celebrate all the events during the year, i am sure it will have an impact on the kids.

3-Some people feel proud to lose their language, I have seen those type of people myself. They proudly talk to the relatives back home and tell them that his daughter or son cant speak a word of Farsi. This is because the education level is low in the household or in some cases very very little educaiton.

I apprecaite if you guys add more to the list.

#8 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

One of my cousins and her husband were both born in UK and therefore communicated in English. Now their children do not speak one word of Dari and even though my father keeps telling them to pay more attention, they still carry on with English. The reason why we maintained our language is through a lot of communication with family members. There is this Afghan family who are not allowed to speak English at home and they speak their language perfectly well! That's what we are trying as well, but even reading poetry is doing it's work for me. :)
If Love Is A Crime, Then Lock Me Up, 'Cause I am Guilty

#9 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

the parents should be blamed for this. if they keep a eye on the kids the day they are bron, none of this would happen in their future. i know a few people like this as well, as a matter of fact they are proud of this. with their funny and broken english, they try to show off to the others that their kids are not able to speak persian.

#10 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:25 PM

Dear Pors, Thanks for the Shahnamas you sent me, I received them a few weeks ago. they are beautiful.

#11 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:19 AM

I never realised how much non-Persian words we Tajiks actually use while talking in Dari! I found out original words for some, which I always thought were originally Persian words. For example;

Khamosh - Chop
Ishtebah - Ghalat
Talabgar - Khastgar
Etcetera

Are there more of such words of which I was unaware? Or still am?

#12 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:17 AM

View PostMadina, on 20 August 2009 - 03:19 AM, said:

I never realised how much non-Persian words we Tajiks actually use while talking in Dari! I found out original words for some, which I always thought were originally Persian words. For example;

Khamosh - Chop
Ishtebah - Ghalat
Talabgar - Khastgar
Etcetera

Khamosh is a Persian word and the Arabic one used in the Persian language is Saket. Ghalat is Arabic while Eshtebaah and Laghzesh is Persian.
Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad

به نام خداوند جان و خرد، کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد

#13 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

View PostMadina, on 20 August 2009 - 03:19 AM, said:

Khamosh - Chop
Ishtebah - Ghalat
Talabgar - Khastgar
Etcetera

in every language there are tons of other langauges' vocabulary, take a look at english, if you remove,latin, french and german from it, english language will have nothing left. even arabic and persian have found their way in english although limited.

#14 User is offline   Khurasani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Is the word rejuvenation of English has a relation to our persian words "jawan sakhtan" " taza sakhtan". Because i realize a relation. like it is taken from Persian.
آتش بگير، تا كه بداني چه مي‌كشم
احساسِ سوختن، به تماشا نمي‌شود

#15 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

Which language was first ever language? I always thought it was Persian, LOL.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users