Tajiks Worldwide Community: Dari/Farsi/Parsi/Persian - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dari/Farsi/Parsi/Persian Please Explain Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

Many of us Tajiks in Afghanistan say they speak Farsi to Asians, to Westerns we say we speak Persian, but I have also seen Tajiks getting irritated by Persian and Farsi and say that Dari is their historical language. Now usually they are type of Tajiks who want unity amongst all Afghans and even many non-Tajiks of Afghanistan say their official language is Dari, not Farsi or Persian. And then there are Pashtuns who say either Dari or Parsi, not Farsi or Persian. So could someone please explain me differences between all this because now I do not know what we actually should use for our language? I asked my dad already and he didn't have any answer and he says just say Dari or Farsi and my uncle gets mad when I ask such questions, so I ask it you guys.
If Love Is A Crime, Then Lock Me Up, 'Cause I am Guilty

#2 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

View PostMadina, on 29 August 2009 - 05:38 PM, said:

Many of us Tajiks in Afghanistan say they speak Farsi to Asians, to Westerns we say we speak Persian, but I have also seen Tajiks getting irritated by Persian and Farsi and say that Dari is their historical language. Now usually they are type of Tajiks who want unity amongst all Afghans and even many non-Tajiks of Afghanistan say their official language is Dari, not Farsi or Persian. And then there are Pashtuns who say either Dari or Parsi, not Farsi or Persian. So could someone please explain me differences between all this because now I do not know what we actually should use for our language? I asked my dad already and he didn't have any answer and he says just say Dari or Farsi and my uncle gets mad when I ask such questions, so I ask it you guys.

The only Tajiks who use Dari are the ones who are influenced by the Pashtuns. Every single Persian linguist, scholar, writer, poet...etc from Afghanistan believes that the true name of this language is Parsi,Farsi,Persian.

Here is a program on this topic by Ustad Wasef Bakhtari, the most renown Persian scholar and poet in Afghanistan. He known as "Khudawandagaar Adab e Emrooz e Afghanistan".:

http://video.google....=bakhtari&hl=en
Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad

به نام خداوند جان و خرد، کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد

#3 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:45 AM

Let me make it a little more clear to you in English

Dari is in fact a historic term but using it instead of Farsi or Parsi is wrong. Dari was only used in our classical literature and it was not a term used for a particular dialect. Ferdowsi was the first to use Dari but he used it as Parsi e Dari. Most scholars believe that Parsi e Dari is the complete name and it means New Persian just how Parsi e Pahlavi meant Middle Persian. But the masses always used Parsi instead of Parsi e Dari and no one in Afghanistan knew what Dari was until the Pashtun government replaced farsi with Dari. If you ever go to Afghanistan you wil see that even after 50 years most people still use Farsi and the majority don't even know what Dari is.

#4 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:29 AM

people on the streets of afghanistan all use the term Farsi.

#5 User is offline   Pashtunyar Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

My Salams to all the members of Tajikam.

It would be appropriate for me introduce myself:

I am a Pashtun-Afghan and I hail from the Eastern Pashtun-Afghan Watan ie the Pashtun-Afghan Watan to the East of Durand Line. I am a Pashtun Nationalist and a university student.

I intend to learn from you guys as much as I can. But I would request you guys not to use derogatory language against my Pashtun-Afghan Nation and assure you that I shall not be abusive of your culture/language.

Pa Dranakht ao meena,
Pashtunyar.

#6 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

You are welcome to stay here

#7 User is offline   Madina Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Banned

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:43 PM

^ But isn't Farsi the latest term for the language? And so Dari and Farsi both are different dialects of same language called Persian? Am I getting this right? And why don't we use Dari anyway if that's the historical term?

@Pashtunyar
Welcome. There is a lot of discussion going on, hope you can have your say as well.
If Love Is A Crime, Then Lock Me Up, 'Cause I am Guilty

#8 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:09 AM

View PostMadina, on 04 September 2009 - 12:43 AM, said:

^ But isn't Farsi the latest term for the language? And so Dari and Farsi both are different dialects of same language called Persian? Am I getting this right? And why don't we use Dari anyway if that's the historical term?

@Pashtunyar
Welcome. There is a lot of discussion going on, hope you can have your say as well.

You are getting a little confused now. Parsi is the historical term not Dari. Parsi is the name while Dari is a suffix which means New Persian. in History Dari has never been used independently but with Parsi (Parsi e Dari)and Dari either comes from darbaar or duhari (takhari). Parsi e Dari is the third phase of our language and the past two phases was Parsi Bastan (Ancient Persian) and Parsi Pahlavi (Middle Persian). Dari and Parsi are not two different dialects, but it is our language's name. Every single Persian dialect belongs to Parsi e Dari not only the ones in Afghanistan. Parsi e Dari is our language and regional names should be used for dialects like the kabuli dialect of Parsi should be used as Parsi e Kabuli instead of Dari.

#9 User is offline   shabir Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:29 AM

i always say farsi or dari & so do my family & friends

#10 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

they tried but failed in forcing Pashto. this is recorded in almost every history book written in Afghanistan. mahmoud Tarzi started this idea and Nader Khan in 1932 started forcing it. they first forced all governmental officials and others whom worked in the national bank. then they tried pashtunizing other institutions like education. for 4 years all schools were forced to teach and use Pashto books and Persian was banned. But this process failed and thousands left schools and stayed home and studied Persian in local mosques. When Daud Khan became Prime minister he ordered that all signs should be written in Pashto. I have some documents on this that I will post later on when I find them.

#11 User is offline   shabir Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

View PostGul agha, on 15 September 2009 - 08:43 PM, said:

they tried but failed in forcing Pashto. this is recorded in almost every history book written in Afghanistan. mahmoud Tarzi started this idea and Nader Khan in 1932 started forcing it. they first forced all governmental officials and others whom worked in the national bank. then they tried pashtunizing other institutions like education. for 4 years all schools were forced to teach and use Pashto books and Persian was banned. But this process failed and thousands left schools and stayed home and studied Persian in local mosques. When Daud Khan became Prime minister he ordered that all signs should be written in Pashto. I have some documents on this that I will post later on when I find them.

my parents said pashto lessons were like for 1 or 2 hours a week in north but in pashto regions those people did speak farsi. they might have had their vicious plans but we cant ignore that its always been politics which creates fights & unfairness will come up sooner or later

#12 User is offline   shabir Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

u know 1st i used to wonder why farsi of afghanistan sounds different than tajiki farsi or iranian farsi. later on i noticed that many tajiks in afghanistan start to talk farsi like pashtuns are. for example many words containing ''o'' is replaced by ''a''. for example we say tajik while the actual pronounciation should be tojik. or we say afareen while its suposed to be ofareen. its just unbelievable how much our language has ''changed'' since last few centuries.....

#13 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

View Postshabir, on 25 September 2009 - 02:22 PM, said:

u know 1st i used to wonder why farsi of afghanistan sounds different than tajiki farsi or iranian farsi. later on i noticed that many tajiks in afghanistan start to talk farsi like pashtuns are. for example many words containing ''o'' is replaced by ''a''. for example we say tajik while the actual pronounciation should be tojik. or we say afareen while its suposed to be ofareen. its just unbelievable how much our language has ''changed'' since last few centuries.....

lol.... what are you basing these claims from. no one ever used Tojik in Tajikistan or Afghanistan. The only reason why Tajiks in Tajikistan spell Tajik as "Tojik" is because they use cyrillic and In cyrillic O is equivalent to the latin "A".

using A instead of O is the formal and correct way of pronouncing Persian words. for example Mekhaayom is an informal way of saying Mekhaaham or saying Medaanom is the informal way of saying Medaanam.

#14 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:57 PM

View Postshabir, on 25 September 2009 - 12:15 PM, said:

my parents said pashto lessons were like for 1 or 2 hours a week in north but in pashto regions those people did speak farsi. they might have had their vicious plans but we cant ignore that its always been politics which creates fights & unfairness will come up sooner or later

:lol: :lol: Look to this Jerk :lol: :lol: ''talk farsi like Poktuns are'' :lol: ..Poktuns can´t even speak their own language. The founder of Poktu grammer, style and sounds were Tajiks, my wannabe Tajik Poktun priend. Take a look on middle-age Tajik personalities who were living in the Delhi Sultanat and working on this backward foreign language. Poktuns...and Poktu..what the hell is Poktu? I know only one sound that Tajiks call as Poktu and that´s the fart of Khowsti donkies. In fact, Poktu is not even the language of Pioktuns. It´s the product of many people formed themself in the middle-age to one greater family of thiefs against the Mughals of India and the strong influence of Safavid Khorasan and Iran. Have you ever heard about the jewish history of Aughans written for Balol Lodhi by Herawi? According to him (since the Jews migrated in the 12th/13th century to Ghor (many graves prove it) he knew alot about Oughans) their languages is nothing else than a mix of Hebrew, Assyrian, Persian, Sindhi, Panjabi, Torki and Brahui words as Brahui language is just a mix of Persian and Arabic language since influences from outside replaced their original dravidian language. Go to Pakiland and see how the Poktuns talk there. I bet, not a single Aughanistan Poktun will be able to understand the ''hard version'' o Poktu. These two are different languages with different grammar, but Parsi, Farsi, ''Dari'', Tajiki are all the same language. Shame on you. Do suicide. It´s better for you to die in shame than live in shame. Take a look on the second link on my signature which is the sister-site of University of Berlin. There you can read what Tajiks and Persians in general have done with piece of shits in the past 1000 years in CA, Near East, India etc...and one of their products were forming Poktu for barbarian nomads who had once no language. Read Book Of Examples which was written by Ibn Khaldun. Btw, in Afghanistan the vocal ''a'' is spoken in general as an half-o like aafarin (and not afarin) while Tajiks use a full-o. In Iran, in some regions they say Joon, instead Jan. Your logic does not make sense. Eat some Baadaam..it´s good for nomadic and backward intelligences

Ps: your parents are lying. For proof visit Sarnavesht or why don´t you read some great books like Oughanistan dar masir e tarikh from Ghobar? This Shaabeer is exactly the dirty avater as we know from our enemies

#15 User is offline   Yalda Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

whatever it is, Farsi definitely is one of the most beautiful and lovely languages ever and no wodner so many people left their own mother tongue for ours. we should be very proud it and never mention or argue whether its farsi or Dari 'cause anyhow, its a beautiful language.

#16 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

View Postshabir, on 25 September 2009 - 01:15 PM, said:

No it wasnt in the north only, i think it was everywhere including kabul. since pashtoo was one of the languages of afghanistan, people woudnt have minded if it was taught as long as their intension wasnt undermining Farsi. they were treating these 2 langauges very differntly. because of those wrong and ethnic based policies of the past, those moron rulers have divided the whole nation today and look at what a mess they have created.

#17 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

View PostPashtunyar, on 01 September 2009 - 06:57 PM, said:

My Salams to all the members of Tajikam.

It would be appropriate for me introduce myself:

I am a Pashtun-Afghan and I hail from the Eastern Pashtun-Afghan Watan ie the Pashtun-Afghan Watan to the East of Durand Line. I am a Pashtun Nationalist and a university student.

I intend to learn from you guys as much as I can. But I would request you guys not to use derogatory language against my Pashtun-Afghan Nation and assure you that I shall not be abusive of your culture/language.

Pa Dranakht ao meena,
Pashtunyar.

wellcome to the forum buddy. Where is Eastern Pashtoon-Afghan watan? you probably mean the eastern provinces of Afghanistan? if so then we both come from the same region. Be assured that you wont be insulted, and if some immature person insults you, please do report him/her and he/she will be warned or banned by the admins.

take care

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users