Tajiks Worldwide Community: Tajiks in Afghanistan - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tajiks in Afghanistan Tajiks of Afghanistan Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tajik kabuli Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:42 AM

Hi im new to Tajikam, im a Tajik from Afghanistan Kabul and very proud of my heritage. I just want to know in detail about the Tajiks of Afghanistan, as in different sub-groups of Tajiks in Afghanistan, just as their are different pushtun groups such as the Duranni and the Ghilzai. Does the same exist for Tajiks aswell in Afghanistan, if so can anyone give examples of this maybe such as Panjsheri, Andarabi, Furmuli, Baraki, Ormuri etc. An another things aswell do Tajiks inhabit other parts of Afghanistan such as Kandahar, Helmand, Nangahar, Paktia etc. pushtun areas ??? ???

Another thing aswell are the Aimaq People considered to be Tajik? ??? ? ???

#2 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:24 AM

View Posttajik kabuli, on 06 October 2009 - 07:42 AM, said:

Hi im new to Tajikam, im a Tajik from Afghanistan Kabul and very proud of my heritage. I just want to know in detail about the Tajiks of Afghanistan, as in different sub-groups of Tajiks in Afghanistan, just as their are different pushtun groups such as the Duranni and the Ghilzai. Does the same exist for Tajiks aswell in Afghanistan, if so can anyone give examples of this maybe such as Panjsheri, Andarabi, Furmuli, Baraki, Ormuri etc. An another things aswell do Tajiks inhabit other parts of Afghanistan such as Kandahar, Helmand, Nangahar, Paktia etc. pushtun areas ??? ???

Tajiks left their tribal lifestyle 4000 years ago and settled in villages and cities and because of this we have no tribes today like the Pashtuns. Furmuli, Panjshiri, Baraki, and Andarabi are all geographical and regional identities. Tajiks are found in every province of Afghanistan and the south is indeed populated with many Tajiks. Tajiks make up 20-30% of Kandahar, 10-25% of Helmand, 50% of Gardez, 30-45% of Nangarhar...etc
Ba Naam e Khudahvand e Jan o Kherad, Kazeen Bartar Andisha Bar Nagzarad

به نام خداوند جان و خرد، کزین برتر اندیشه برنگذرد

#3 User is offline   shabir Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

View PostGul agha, on 08 October 2009 - 06:24 AM, said:

Tajiks left their tribal lifestyle 4000 years ago and settled in villages and cities and because of this we have no tribes today like the Pashtuns. Furmuli, Panjshiri, Baraki, and Andarabi are all geographical and regional identities. Tajiks are found in every province of Afghanistan and the south is indeed populated with many Tajiks. Tajiks make up 20-30% of Kandahar, 10-25% of Helmand, 50% of Gardez, 30-45% of Nangarhar...etc

're u about ur statics

#4 User is offline   tajik kabuli Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

View PostGul agha, on 08 October 2009 - 04:24 PM, said:

ohkzzz thanks for the statistics but how can you be shore, have they Tajiks of Qandahar, helmand Nangarhar and gardez retained they language and culture, and they havnt assimilated to the pushtun tribal culture at alll? ??? ??

and what about my question about the Aimaq ARE THEY TAJIK? ???

#5 User is offline   tajik kabuli Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 09 October 2009 - 01:32 PM

and also for your statistics my friend how can you be so shore because usually when im looking at websites and stuff about the ethnic map up of districts it dosnt really mention tajiks being a substantial minority at all, though in map it does show tajiks inhabit south Afghanistan and they also differntiate aswell for example between normal tajiks who inhabit places like north east Afghanistan, and then the so called parsiwans who are not classified the same as Tajiks as you will see in this Map

Map of ethnicity in Afghanistan

please explain this for my my friend

#6 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

View Posttajik kabuli, on 09 October 2009 - 02:21 PM, said:

ohkzzz thanks for the statistics but how can you be shore, have they Tajiks of Qandahar, helmand Nangarhar and gardez retained they language and culture, and they havnt assimilated to the pushtun tribal culture at alll? ??? ??

and what about my question about the Aimaq ARE THEY TAJIK? ???

Most of them are still Persian speakers especially the shia ones because they were isolated by the Pashtun sunni population.

The Tajiks of Kandahar are Shia and very close with Iran and Persian speakers in Quetta. Their current leader is Ayatullah Asef Mohseni.

Nangarhar still has Persian speaking Tajiks and in the last elections all of them supported Dr. Abdullah. however some Tajik communities in Laghman and Paktia have become Pashtunized. one particular group is the Rustamkhels of Laghman. there are even evidence that Khalilzad is a Tajik from Laghman because his distant relative was Engineer Osman Landi, a Laghmani Tajik activist.

in Paktia Gardez still has a big community of Persian-speakers.

There are two kinds of Aimaqs. Uzbek Aimaqs who live in Faryab and Jowzjan and Chahar Aimaq. The Chahar Aimaq which live in Ghor, Badghis, Herat, Khorasan province (Iran) and Sar-i-pul are definitely Tajik and when you ask them what ethnic group they are from they will answer by saying they are Tajik not Aimaq.

#7 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

View Posttajik kabuli, on 09 October 2009 - 02:32 PM, said:

and also for your statistics my friend how can you be so shore because usually when im looking at websites and stuff about the ethnic map up of districts it dosnt really mention tajiks being a substantial minority at all, though in map it does show tajiks inhabit south Afghanistan and they also differntiate aswell for example between normal tajiks who inhabit places like north east Afghanistan, and then the so called parsiwans who are not classified the same as Tajiks as you will see in this Map

Map of ethnicity in Afghanistan

please explain this for my my friend

These are anti-tajik policies that are meant to separate us. today they have even made new categories like Pamiri, Kabuli, and Panjshiri to bring the percentage of Tajiks more down than before

#8 User is offline   asif1986 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:59 AM

View PostGul agha, on 09 October 2009 - 10:09 PM, said:

There are two kinds of Aimaqs. Uzbek Aimaqs who live in Faryab and Jowzjan and Chahar Aimaq. The Chahar Aimaq which live in Ghor, Badghis, Herat, Khorasan province (Iran) and Sar-i-pul are definitely Tajik and when you ask them what ethnic group they are from they will answer by saying they are Tajik not Aimaq.

There some who think that Aimaqs are sunni hazaras, whats your response to that argument.

#9 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

When Aimaqs do not consider themselves Hazara, why should others consider them? There are Hazara Sunnis in Central Afghanistan but they refer to themselves as Hazara not Aimaq. Even their physical appearances are different. Aimaqs have Iranic and Mediterranean features while Hazaras have Mongolic features.

#10 User is offline   tajik kabuli Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

What are actually the origins of the Aimaq people, are they like the remmanents of the Ancient Ghorid people, i haVE also indeed heard that the Aimaq are hazara, put i dont agree with this, others also consider them to be turkic,and say they also have mongolian looks ??? other theories i have heard that the Taimani Aimaq are like Pushtun Kakar inblood persian in language whats you arguement to this ???

But specifically i am intewrsted in the Aimaq people what is there origins is it possible they are even a seprate Iranian ethnic group seprate to Tajiks???

About the Tajiks of Kandahar and southern Afghanistan in other words they are similar stock to Heratis, siestanis, and Farahis? ??? ?

#11 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

The origins of the Aimaqs are unknown but since the majority of them are from Ghor they might be the descendants of the Shansabanis/Ghurids.

how can we consider them a different ethnic group from the Tajiks when they are Iranic and Persian in culture.

#12 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:26 AM

Tajiks in Kandahar are very close with Ghaznavis, Helmandis, Heratis, and Nimroozis. They have a very unique southern dialect and are strong supporters of Persian Nationalism. In the Loy Jirga the first person to defend the term "Daneshgah" was Asef Moseni, the leader of the Kandahari Tajiks.

#13 User is offline   tajik kabuli Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

View PostGul agha, on 12 October 2009 - 02:26 PM, said:

Tajiks in Kandahar are very close with Ghaznavis, Helmandis, Heratis, and Nimroozis. They have a very unique southern dialect and are strong supporters of Persian Nationalism. In the Loy Jirga the first person to defend the term "Daneshgah" was Asef Moseni, the leader of the Kandahari Tajiks.

woowww fair enough. Its good to know that they arent assimilated to the Pushtun tribal culture and they retained there culture. In my view i think that an institution should be set up for the Tajiks of Afghanistan, to promote cultrual awarness and the understanding to cohesion. And also to promote contacts with Tajiks all across afghnaistan between Tajiks of Farah to Tajiks of Khowst and so on. But also to know the conditions that they are living in in terms of wether there is social discrimination occuring etc....
Is there any such institions currently set up in Afghanistan ??? ?

whats your opinionss? ???

#14 User is offline   asif1986 Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

View PostGul agha, on 11 October 2009 - 10:23 PM, said:

When Aimaqs do not consider themselves Hazara, why should others consider them? There are Hazara Sunnis in Central Afghanistan but they refer to themselves as Hazara not Aimaq. Even their physical appearances are different. Aimaqs have Iranic and Mediterranean features while Hazaras have Mongolic features.

There is lot of confusion regarding who is hazara,the confusion has been created by pashtun rulers to divide and rule other nathionalities.Some hazaras think that sunni and ismaili hazaras are attached with non-hazara tribes like tajiks,aimaq,and only the shias are counted as hazaras.

#15 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

The Aimaks belong to the Non-Pashtun Kuchi groups and are splitted into two branches of races. One is Iranic and the other is Turko-Mongolian. The Hazara Aimaks are ''mongolic'' with Tajik elements and belong to the Hazaras of Bamian, while Jamshedis and Taimuris are of Iranic-Tajik stock. There is another group called Taimani. It is said, that a certain Taiman who was of Kakar tribe from south-east Punjab moved to Khorasan when the political situation changed in the 15th century. He and 12 Kakar ''Pashtun'' families moved to Ghor with Khorasanian cafravans from Hindustan. They became soon assimilated by the Persian population of Ghor who killed their Kakar Pashtun identity and language. To remember their original background this Persian-Tajik tribe called themself after their ''sarban'', caravan-leader..Taiman.

#16 User is offline   ahmadshahi Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

View Posttajik kabuli, on 06 October 2009 - 06:42 AM, said:

Yeah I'm a tajik from kandahar province and around 25% to 30% of kandahar population are Tajiks and 70% are pashtun

#17 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:48 AM

View Postahmadshahi, on 08 June 2010 - 05:07 PM, said:

Yeah I'm a tajik from kandahar province and around 25% to 30% of kandahar population are Tajiks and 70% are pashtun

wellcome to the forum ahmadshahi bro.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users