Tajiks Worldwide Community: Should Pashtuns be classified as Iranic? - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Should Pashtuns be classified as Iranic? Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:15 AM

In the old days, I used to joke that our mods are relaxing, ... smoking cheap and excellent opium and hashish ... I am sure the amazing amount of tolerance and openness they show must have something to do with this ;)

But seriously ... I guess we have to get used to this sort of language and not get overexcited by it ... since the poster now has the second highest number of posts on the forum, and the highest reputation ... the forum belongs to such people ;)

View Postقزلباش, on 28 November 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

where are the mods?

This is disgraceful

#82 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

View Postقزلباش, on 28 November 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

where are the mods?

This is disgraceful

Why don´t you visit a Pashtun forum? Do you know that we, Iranians, Turks, Kurds and other people are for them nothing except dirty slaves and much worse things. I don´t know what´s your problem. Beside that...they guy Kakhar is a Paki.

#83 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

View PostParsistani, on 03 December 2010 - 12:14 PM, said:

Why don´t you visit a Pashtun forum? Do you know that we, Iranians, Turks, Kurds and other people are for them nothing except dirty slaves and much worse things. I don´t know what´s your problem. Beside that...they guy Kakhar is a Paki.

This is a Tajik forum
This is not an anti-Pashtun forum or an anti-[fill in the blank] forum

Arent there other things we can discuss?

besides, I dont take issue with witty verbal jabs; persianpower, however, was just blabbering like an idiot
هیچ وقت به خدا نگو یه مشکل بزرگ دارم
به مشکل بگو من یه خدای بزرگ دارم

Go tell the wolves that although the father has been killed,
The father's gun is with us still
Tell them that although all the men of the tribe have been killed,
There is a young boy in the cradle still

Bakhtiari Proverb

#84 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

View Postقزلباش, on 03 December 2010 - 07:33 PM, said:

This is a Tajik forum
This is not an anti-Pashtun forum or an anti-[fill in the blank] forum

Arent there other things we can discuss?

besides, I dont take issue with witty verbal jabs; persianpower, however, was just blabbering like an idiot

He had the balls to talk what people in Afghanistan think about Pashtuns. Why do you have any problem with it. Why it is for you not OK to talk real and judging PersianPower but at the same time hating Arabs and Turks, the traditional enemies of Iran (see Wikileaks ''Ibn-Abdullah to America in 2008: Cut the snake´s head (Iran) off by bombing it). It´s the same. Please no hypocrycy. The same problems you have in Iran with those enemies we have with Pushtuns just much worser.

#85 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:11 AM

Yes, most definitely yes. They are Iranic people and their language is closest to Ossetian, this is according to the lingustics. You could say that they are descendants of Scythians(possibly mixed with Kushans and also some claim being descendants of Prophet Noah(Nuh e payambar).

In modern times they have intermarried with Tajiks, Uzbeks, Baluchs, Punjabis and Hindi. So I guess it all depends of upbringing and how the individual identify themselves and which culture they feel closest to. Most Iranians for instance are a mix of persian, azerbaijani, arab, kurd, etc. It's up to the individual what they culture they feel more comfortable with.

However Pashtun people I've spoken to, told me that they feel more comfortable with Kurdish than other Iranian languages. Pashtuns do celebrate Nowrooz and most pashtuns speak Farsi either as good fluent as being their mother tongue or fluent enough as a second language. Kheili adamhaye garmi hastand.
хоросон бозорг човидон
http://www.persiangulfonline.org/
http://www.arabian-gulf.info/

#86 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Yes, most definitely yes. They are Iranic people and their language is closest to Ossetian, this is according to the lingustics. You could say that they are descendants of Scythians(possibly mixed with Kushans and also some claim being descendants of Prophet Noah(Nuh e payambar).

Dear Arshak,

the claim ''Pashtu'' and Ossetian'' are ''close'' to eachother is not true. It was made by Soviet linguists because both languages are seen as ''Eastern-Iranian'' languages and after Pashtu Ossetian language is the next bigger group. It´s like calling all Iranian languages from eastern-Iran, the northern- and southern Iranian languages, as Bactrian just because of it´s prominence in CA. That is a claim based on some words that both languages have as Eastern-Iranian languages preserved and thus they spoke about an affinity (zar->Ossetian Old, zzrru/zurr->Pashtu Old; Also in Eastern Persian the word ''Zur'' exists, too->''Khorasanian School of Persian''). We can also claim that Kurdish, Persian and Pashtu and OSSETIAN and Jaghnobi, Pamiri etc. are ''close'' to eachother because in all of these languages the term ''Sur'' is represent for ''red'' (tough it is an adaption from Middle-Persian, Parthian and Sogdian). But to their logic Persian, Pashtu, Ossetian etc. are also close to German, English etc. Of course all these languages have a common origine and are somehow related but that does not make out of Pashtuns of Iranian childrens by it´s definition. First of all their language´s existence is not becuse Pashtun patronage and attributions but because non-Pashtuns like Shir Darwaza, Maghuzi, Pir Roshan and many more have worked on this language and modefied it. I do not deny that Pashtu has also a part which can be counted really as ''Pashtu'' (if we use this modern word for an ancient language that gave at least to a part it´s roots and elements to modern Pashtu) but their number are lesser than 500 words among 10000 words that are adopted, Pashtunized, remodefied by Pashtu Tolana. I guess you have never compared beautiful Ossetian with Pashtu language to see it´s differences? Ossetian sounds very closely to Persian with some influence from other neighbouring languages (oghuz turkic and Russian through intermarriage). Here is the proof while Pashtu sounds indeed like a fart which have, unlike Ossetian, ''gh'' ''khp'' ''tz'' ''dj'' etc. Many Pashtu words are neither Iranic nor Indo-Aryanic and can´t traced back to an original form. Just check yourself and compare both languages with eachother . If we are real than one can even say Pashtu sound more non-Iranic and like a bad version of Urdu or Panjabi. There is no evidence for beeing Scythians if you talk about Pashtuns. First of all, the Sacaes that came to Central Asia and settled in Afghanistan splitted themself into two groups. One group headed toward India and ended in Rajastan, the second group became ''assimilated'' by Parthians with whom they established themself from Iraq to Peshawar (also their rule exists for a short time). The important thing here is that they, like their cousins, the Parthians, became urban people, while Pashtuns were still to 80% during the 20th century nomads and as nomads they cooperated with many other nomads from the regions (Jat-Indians (gypsies), Turks, Mongols, Brahuis, Baluchs, Singsaris, Arabs, Iraqis (Funduqi) etc.). Do also not insult the great Kushans who became lately urban people and the main Tocharian ancestors of great Tajik, Uzbeks and Kasakh people. They were known for their patronages, speaking Bactrian, promoting Iranic culture and language, spreading it´S influence to India and China and even to Japan. Kushans were people of a larger civilization and not more nomads. Actually they were never nomads. In China, Ganzu they were part of the chinese elites and high personalities in their military ranks thus they were called ''Ta-Yuechi'' (The King´s Seal). They had to do with the building of the Chinese Great Wall. They became semi-nomads with the attacks of the Hiong-Nus and were pushed to Sogdiana and in return they pushed the Khotan-Sacaes from nw China to Sistan and Kashmir. I do not know why I am telling you all these. You need just to look for them in books, sites and universities or museums. Than you will see they have nothing to do with Pushtuns. The interesting thing is that the Pashtuns have a claim on them while originating from caves of the Sulaiman Mountains Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image (the settled middle-age ones because the ancient ''Afghans'' were Nomads). Don´t forget the strong Persian, Central Asian and Indian influence on them, including Turkish, Mongolish etc.

Please do yourself a favour and listen to all videos and read the topic from the first comment on the first page to my post here.

In modern times they have intermarried with Tajiks, Uzbeks, Baluchs, Punjabis and Hindi. So I guess it all depends of upbringing and how the individual identify themselves and which culture they feel closest to.

Of course, if not we who than should try to civilise them through their daughters and mothers? It is our duty. But it seems that Panjabis and Arabs are dominant in this role and thus they have the most influence on them.

Pashtuns do celebrate Nowrooz and most pashtuns speak Farsi either as good fluent as being their mother tongue or fluent enough as a second language.

Pashtuns do not celebrate Nauroz. They do not even know what Nauroz is. Ask who ever you want. You can´t talk about some ''Shamali'' Pashtuns who live in another dominant cultural sphere than their own. Even in Herat and Mazar Nauroz is alien to them, except for Kabul where the majority of their ''eductaed'' ones live. Turks did also not know Nauroz and banned it in Turkey but they couldn´t stop Kurdish people to celebrate it and thus where forced to call it as an ''Old Turkic Festival''. Nauroz was officially forbidden under Pasdhtunist rulers like Nader Shah, under Daud Khan, Taraki and Amin and last but not least the Taliban Pashtuns. They even banned Persianspeaker to speak their own language in their bloody 9 years reign. Unbelievable. Your argument is weak and also that Pashtuns speak ''Persian''. Of course they speak. It´s the only and the main language of Afghanistan, it´s the state´s officially language, is used as lingua franca and 90% of all medias are in our hands, books are printed in Iran in PERSIAN and brought to schools and universities in Afghanistan otherwise they wouldn´t speak Persian and would ask their Panjabi, Pathan Paki and Arab fathers to print them books in their countries. There is a new writer, I guess a Tajik who explain very well why Pashtuns speak in Afghanistan Persian. One of his argument is that many so-called ''Pashtuns'' are not Pashtuns by birth but Tajiks. Only through their mothers they are Pashtuns but when their mothers marry a Pashtun man they call the boy as Pashtun. Isn´t that ridicolous? Again, just read all topics about these issues. Neither Pashtu, nor their culture or identity is Iranic. They even did not know what ''Aryan'' or Aryana means for 60 years ago. The Fascist Zaher Khan and the father of afghanmellat parties to had close ties to nazis heard from these words the first time and tried to propagate it for their people, knowing that Tjaiks, Pashais, Nuristanis are the only real Aryans in Afghanistan but they wanted for themself also a ''special'' sit under the new ideology of Nazi Germany. Nothing new and nothing that is a secret.

#87 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

#88 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

Dear Parsistani,

I still feel that Pashtuns are Iranian but possibly more similar to Indic family. Please note that languages such as Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Marathi, Gujarati, Nepali, Bangali, Divehi, Sinhalese and old languages such as Sanskrit and Prakrit are all classified as Indo-Iranian(Indic branch).
хоросон бозорг човидон

#89 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

View Postarshak, on 18 December 2010 - 05:08 AM, said:

Dear Parsistani,

I still feel that Pashtuns are Iranian but possibly more similar to Indic family. Please note that languages such as Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Sindhi, Marathi, Gujarati, Nepali, Bangali, Divehi, Sinhalese and old languages such as Sanskrit and Prakrit are all classified as Indo-Iranian(Indic branch).

Noone denied their indo-iranian origine. Of course, as such they belong to the most beautiful languages and we still share many things with eachother in our languages.

#90 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

View Postarshak, on 16 December 2010 - 04:11 AM, said:

In modern times they have intermarried with Tajiks, Uzbeks, Baluchs, Punjabis and Hindi. So I guess it all depends of upbringing and how the individual identify themselves and which culture they feel closest to. Most Iranians for instance are a mix of persian, azerbaijani, arab, kurd, etc. It's up to the individual what they culture they feel more comfortable with.

However Pashtun people I've spoken to, told me that they feel more comfortable with Kurdish than other Iranian languages. Pashtuns do celebrate Nowrooz and most pashtuns speak Farsi either as good fluent as being their mother tongue or fluent enough as a second language. Kheili adamhaye garmi hastand.

arshak, if you want to go back 10,000 years in order to establish a link with baluchis and pashtuns then why shouldnt we just go back another 100,000 years to the dawn of the emergence of the human race and forget about this little thing we call nationalism.

Alot has happened in the past 10,000 years and i would not be able to linguistically or culturally identify with a pashtun or a baluch.
We have 1 or 2 million baluch in southeastern and they give us enough trouble; drug-smuggling, religious extremism, their funny little man-skirts, tribalism,terrorism, economic stagnation and smelly pakistani pickled mango. These are the beautiful by-products of multi-culturalism in south-eastern Iran.
Have you been to the baluchistan region of Iran? Have you been to the Pashtun areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan (I havn't but i think its safe to extraolate based on my experience with the baluch and the daily news boradcasts about the region)?

I can not imagine a stronger contrast to the high-culture of Khorasan (Neyshapur, Herat, Balkh, Samarqand. etc.)

Bakhtiari Proverb

#91 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

I was in and around Chabahar earlier in 2010, in Iranian Baluchestan. Most of the Baluchi dressed and looked like Pakistanis. Other than that I heard many complaints. The Chabahar free trade zone itself was not in bad shape, and there were plenty of tourists from other parts of Iran. Our driver told us that Baluchis were happy after Rigi's arrest. I took quite a few pictures also ... out of this world landscapes outside of Chabahar, both on the northwest side and further east along the Gulf of Oman.

#92 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

View Postقزلباش, on 21 December 2010 - 12:13 AM, said:

arshak, if you want to go back 10,000 years in order to establish a link with baluchis and pashtuns then why shouldnt we just go back another 100,000 years to the dawn of the emergence of the human race and forget about this little thing we call nationalism.

Alot has happened in the past 10,000 years and i would not be able to linguistically or culturally identify with a pashtun or a baluch.
We have 1 or 2 million baluch in southeastern and they give us enough trouble; drug-smuggling, religious extremism, their funny little man-skirts, tribalism,terrorism, economic stagnation and smelly pakistani pickled mango. These are the beautiful by-products of multi-culturalism in south-eastern Iran.
Have you been to the baluchistan region of Iran? Have you been to the Pashtun areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan (I havn't but i think its safe to extraolate based on my experience with the baluch and the daily news boradcasts about the region)?

I can not imagine a stronger contrast to the high-culture of Khorasan (Neyshapur, Herat, Balkh, Samarqand. etc.)

Yes, Pashtuns and Baluchs are human beings just like us. Not all of them should be associated with religious extremism and drug smuggling. Those who are associated with these are a small minority. These two ethnic groups speak languages that belong to Indo-Iranian language family. Culturally both groups are Iranian and celebrate Nowrooz.
хоросон бозорг човидон

#93 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

View PostNader Shah, on 20 December 2010 - 05:01 PM, said:

I was in and around Chabahar earlier in 2010, in Iranian Baluchestan. Most of the Baluchi dressed and looked like Pakistanis. Other than that I heard many complaints. The Chabahar free trade zone itself was not in bad shape, and there were plenty of tourists from other parts of Iran. Our driver told us that Baluchis were happy after Rigi's arrest. I took quite a few pictures also ... out of this world landscapes outside of Chabahar, both on the northwest side and further east along the Gulf of Oman.

What you call as ''Pakistani'' is in fact the Central Asian dress of farmers (Shalwar Kameez aka Piraan Tunbaan) who wear it because of the weather. Before the 50s of the last century it was even common among Iraniaan farmers. Since the islamic world is made mainly by deserts and tropics the clothes are good.

@Arshak

Can you prove Pashtuns celebrate Nauroz? You can´t. Pashtuns do not even know what Nauroz is. You can ask here here everyone you want. Begin with Unity, Gul Agha, Abu Muslim and than ask Persianspeaking ''Afghans'' self. Your claim is based on your own wrong view about Iranians and an-Iranians. You did not live with Pushtuns. Th Baluch self, according to many new genetical studies, are originally a non-Iranian ethnicity who became iranized by Sassanians and Parthians and adoptet the language that belong today to the same nw group where Kurdish originates, too.

#94 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

View PostParsistani, on 22 December 2010 - 09:08 PM, said:

What you call as ''Pakistani'' is in fact the Central Asian dress of farmers (Shalwar Kameez aka Piraan Tunbaan) who wear it because of the weather. Before the 50s of the last century it was even common among Iraniaan farmers. Since the islamic world is made mainly by deserts and tropics the clothes are good.

@Arshak

Can you prove Pashtuns celebrate Nauroz? You can´t. Pashtuns do not even know what Nauroz is. You can ask here here everyone you want. Begin with Unity, Gul Agha, Abu Muslim and than ask Persianspeaking ''Afghans'' self. Your claim is based on your own wrong view about Iranians and an-Iranians. You did not live with Pushtuns. Th Baluch self, according to many new genetical studies, are originally a non-Iranian ethnicity who became iranized by Sassanians and Parthians and adoptet the language that belong today to the same nw group where Kurdish originates, too.

Nowruz celebrations by Pashtuns

Pashtuns celebrate Newai Kaal (Pashto: نوى كال, meaning "new year") on the March equinox, which is considered the first day of spring. The festival of Newai Khwazun (Pashto: نوى خوځون, literally meaning "new movement"), traditionally celebrated by Pashtun nomads when they migrate to their summer pastures, also falls on this day.

source: http://www.thefullwi...ons_by_Pashtuns

Cultural holidays and special events
Further information: Nowruz and Eid ul-Fitr

The biggest cultural holidays for Pashtuns is Nowruz (New Year) and Eid ul-Fitr. During Nowruz and Eid, Pashtuns set up festivals in which they usually have cookouts in parks and go to fairs.

source: http://en.wikipedia....Pashtun_culture

and this book, a section on Sheikhanzai Pashtun nomad tribe:
http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

on the internet there are also Nowrooz greetings in Pashto.
хоросон бозорг човидон

#95 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

View Postarshak, on 22 December 2010 - 06:22 AM, said:

Nowruz celebrations by Pashtuns

Pashtuns celebrate Newai Kaal (Pashto: نوى كال, meaning "new year") on the March equinox, which is considered the first day of spring. The festival of Newai Khwazun (Pashto: نوى خوځون, literally meaning "new movement"), traditionally celebrated by Pashtun nomads when they migrate to their summer pastures, also falls on this day.

source: http://www.thefullwi...ons_by_Pashtuns

Cultural holidays and special events
Further information: Nowruz and Eid ul-Fitr

The biggest cultural holidays for Pashtuns is Nowruz (New Year) and Eid ul-Fitr. During Nowruz and Eid, Pashtuns set up festivals in which they usually have cookouts in parks and go to fairs.

source: http://en.wikipedia....Pashtun_culture

and this book, a section on Sheikhanzai Pashtun nomad tribe:
http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

on the internet there are also Nowrooz greetings in Pashto.

Darn, I guess i was wrong

I find it interesting that my mother's nomadic Lurs/Bakhtiaris also used to begin their migration after nowroz; we called it "Kuch e Nouw" which means "new migration".

I guess part of my intellectual rigidity in this regard may stem from a subconcious unwillingness to accept that the baluch/pashtuns (in thier current state of affairs) are somehow associated with my people.
we Iranians like to attribute all our own faults to "Arabs" and "Islam" and to distance ourselves from those who appear less than perfect.
I guess i,too, might be suffering from the same faulty preception that i have often attributed to my countrymen

Bakhtiari Proverb

#96 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

@Parsi, pashtoons do celebrate Nourooz, but nouroz is certainly not their original celebration, they didnt have it and adopted it from the persians of afghanistan. In very remote villages of Jaji and Paktya, in the day of nouroz, all men/women/kids used come out and celebrate it in their own ways.

#97 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

It is more than just the dress that I got impressions from. But I have never been to Pakistan, only seen pictures. Anyway, I spoke to one Bangladeshi guy who works in Iran and had been to Iranian Baluchestan, he said "It is Pakistan over there ..." as a matter of fact. But around Zahedan, Khash - other parts of Sistan-Baluchestan - the Baluchi culture is different and there are many more Persians. So, I cannot generalize from one town to the whole province. Being a port, Chabahar has also many workers from Indian subcontinent, as I learned, for example on the fishing fleet. I asked why and they said it was much cheaper to hire them, compared even to the local population (maybe it had to do with lack of skills in the local population). The only successful business in Chabahar FTZ, as I was told, was 'Tala" tea, and all they do is select and blend the best and repackage imported tea from different places. In general, Sistan Baluchestan has the highest fisheries catch in all of Iran .... I don't know whose hands it is in, but I guess the government may have helped with lots of loans and grants to get locals employed. I will try to find some statistics.

View PostParsistani, on 22 December 2010 - 11:08 AM, said:

#98 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:39 PM

View PostSohrab, on 22 December 2010 - 09:54 PM, said:

@Parsi, pashtoons do celebrate Nourooz, but nouroz is certainly not their original celebration, they didnt have it and adopted it from the persians of afghanistan. In very remote villages of Jaji and Paktya, in the day of nouroz, all men/women/kids used come out and celebrate it in their own ways.

That is what I told Arshak. And only Haramian Pashtuns with Tajik fathers from Kabul valley and Mazar celebrate it the last 50 years. On the one hand they are against non-Pashtunic identity on the other other hand they prove their beghairati and benangi along their awghaniat. The Jaji and the other do not celebrate Nauroz but the al-fitr which fall at the same day which has nothing to do with Persian Nauroz. You missunderstood it. Nothing of Pashtun culture and identity is Iranic. Even their kings and rulers did not knew it. Daus Khan did not knew what Nauroz is and did not allowed it to his Pashtun tribesmen to celebrate it and become ''Iranians''.Turks, Muslim Russians, Chechens, Albanians, Bosnians, Kasakhs, Uygurs and many other nation celebrate Nauroz too but are they Iranic as my brother Arshak try to explain it by this logic? The interesting thing on the term ''Nawi Kal'' self are taken from Persian. The term Nauroz (Middle Persian/Parthian) self does not exist in Pashtu and is taken from Avestan Roacha which is related with Roz, Choraagh (lamp), Roshan...

@Arshak
The claim on Wikipedia is wrong. Ask for more informations the Wiki User Tajik who is an expert on Awghans and their history and culture. You can´t compare those Haramian of Kabul, Mazar, Herat who are through their fathers Persianized ''Pashtuns'' with Pashtuns of Kandhaar, Khost, Logar, Laghman, Pakistan etc. The Taliban, Haqqanis and many more are the image of the true Pashtun. In the book about the Pashtun nomad tribe called Shekhanzai there is nowhere written they have Nauroz. Just read again. You missunderstood or did interprete the context wrong. It´s not about they are ''celebrating'' Nauroz, it´s about their migrations as nomads from south to north in the day of Nauroz. Btw, a related tribe, called by Durranis as ''Sakzai'', original known as Ishaqzai, have a lot of non-Pashtun Tajik tribes that allied themself with the pure Ishaqzais. They Tajik tribes claim beeing descandants of Sayyid Abu Muslim Khorasani and his wife Mandin and his grand-grand sons.

#99 User is offline   Kakar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Parsistani i am not Pakistani. I am from Afghanistan. I am full blooded Pakhtun both sides of my family, and if you ever saw me you would think i was an ancient Iranian king from my skin and physique and physical features

pashtuns do celebrate now ruz but the degree to which it is celebrated differs from region to region, family to family

#100 User is offline   Kakar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

View PostPersian-Power, on 28 November 2010 - 03:49 PM, said:

@ Kakar,

shut the fuck up you dirty black pigtun bastard. what the fuck makes you think we Tajiks, would side with you over our own Parsistani Tajik brother?? You dirty black coward pigtuns have no honour or shame, do you?? dirty mothafucka, you pigtuns can only lie, and use cheapy pigtun-style tactics.

fukin drvaidna jewish niggah faced pig.. fuck off, dirty pashtyuns are not welcome.

online threats dont impress sweetheart. we both know you would never speak like in this in real life. dont make me pull ur partog down shirina

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users