Tajiks Worldwide Community: Shocking News: AfghanMellati´s Name Change of Herat - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shocking News: AfghanMellati´s Name Change of Herat Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

View PostSohrab, on 18 December 2010 - 04:48 PM, said:

i dont think khan will be one of the people to think about his language and ethnicity, he is more fond of relgion that anything else. apart from that, there wont be any resistance against this move, from nobody especially the hazaras and also tajiks.

Let´s see what happens and meanwhile celebrate the following article http://www.dw-world....6355952,00.html God bless america and american soldiers AMEN

#22 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:50 AM

I hope both the soldiers of Taliban and of Satan(america) go to hell. Let us hope Tajiks evict both Satanic creatures.

View PostParsistani, on 18 December 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

Let´s see what happens and meanwhile celebrate the following article http://www.dw-world....6355952,00.html God bless america and american soldiers AMEN

#23 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

View PostSohrab, on 19 December 2010 - 02:48 AM, said:

i dont think khan will be one of the people to think about his language and ethnicity, he is more fond of relgion that anything else. apart from that, there wont be any resistance against this move, from nobody especially the hazaras and also tajiks.

That's a shame. Herat needs someone like shadravan Shir-e Pamir.
хоросон бозорг човидон
http://www.persiangulfonline.org/
http://www.arabian-gulf.info/

#24 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

khan is influential and powerful, but usless for us.

#25 User is offline   Kakar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

before dogs start barking, can we see evidence please?

this sounds like bullshiiit

and i dont understand why the hatred for Ahmad Shah Durranai. faithful soldier of Nadir Shah Afshar, loyal to the end, and rightful inheritor of the Emir Ship of Khorasan, who fought with a coalition of Pakhtuns and Qizilbash

Parsistani your lack of education amazes me

#26 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

View PostKakar, on 24 December 2010 - 09:44 PM, said:

before dogs start barking, can we see evidence please?

this sounds like bullshiiit

and i dont understand why the hatred for Ahmad Shah Durranai. faithful soldier of Nadir Shah Afshar, loyal to the end, and rightful inheritor of the Emir Ship of Khorasan, who fought with a coalition of Pakhtuns and Qizilbash

Parsistani your lack of education amazes me

What have ''Qizilbash'' here to do? Neither Ahmaq Khan Abdali nor Qizilbashs are part of this topic. Abdali was Nader´s ''boy'', you know that? You did also not read the first page but now you start to bark without any reasons.

@Unity
I phoned with some friends of mine who will collect some groups of students and professors to fight those infidels. When we had the Daneshgah and Daneshjujaan problem with Pushtuns our students solved the problem very soon. That´s why we are dominant in Kabul and northward. No need for Ismael Khan.

#27 User is offline   AbuMuslim Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

View PostParsistani, on 24 December 2010 - 11:37 PM, said:

What have ''Qizilbash'' here to do? Neither Ahmaq Khan Abdali nor Qizilbashs are part of this topic. Abdali was Nader´s ''boy'', you know that? You did also not read the first page but now you start to bark without any reasons.

@Unity
I phoned with some friends of mine who will collect some groups of students and professors to fight those infidels. When we had the Daneshgah and Daneshjujaan problem with Pushtuns our students solved the problem very soon. That´s why we are dominant in Kabul and northward. No need for Ismael Khan.

When in 2004 Khan was attacked by Amanullah shindandi from on side and a kuchi zaher naibzada from badghis from otherside with full backing of central government WE not only did nothing but Fahim was implicated in the process.
The central government backed militias (who were openly backed by Governor of Kandahar who said the Pashtuns of Herat are under the setam of Ismail Khan) against the official governor of Herat. Ismail Khan had lost his son. Fahim went to Herat to convince Ismail from attacking the Kuchi man in Badghis.
Fahim was minister of defense and Naibzada before the attack was a guest in MoD guest houses in Kabul.!!

But God took his own revenge from them, Naibzada was killed in a traffic accident in Salan 2 or 3 years later and Amanullah was killed by another tribal leader in shindin a year later..he was very brutally killed.
I am the servant of the Qur'an as long as I have life.
I am the dust on the path of Muhammad, the Chosen One.
If anyone quotes anything except this from my sayings,
I am quit of him and outraged by these words.
Movlana Jalaluddin Balkhi

#28 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

Dear Abu Muslim,

you have also to tell us the situation about the attack. Those ''Kuchis'' were Tajik Aimaks who allied themself with the nomading Ishaqzai Pashtuns in Badghis and Herat. Khan wanted them to annex as part of his own private militia and empire but we know they Aimaqs do not even allow Pashtun terrorists and their Kuchi dogs to enter their lands how should they accept the orders of Khan who proved two times himself during the Taliban not really caring about Aimaqs situation?

#29 User is offline   AbuMuslim Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

View PostParsistani, on 25 December 2010 - 11:32 AM, said:

Dear Abu Muslim,

you have also to tell us the situation about the attack. Those ''Kuchis'' were Tajik Aimaks who allied themself with the nomading Ishaqzai Pashtuns in Badghis and Herat. Khan wanted them to annex as part of his own private militia and empire but we know they Aimaqs do not even allow Pashtun terrorists and their Kuchi dogs to enter their lands how should they accept the orders of Khan who proved two times himself during the Taliban not really caring about Aimaqs situation?

You don't know nothing about it. Zahir naebzada was a pashtun no an Aimaq and i had met his pashtu speaking men in 2003 in Herat when was commander of Herat's 17th division under Ismail khan. Then conspired with Amanullah shindandi the Taliban comander and Gul Aqa shirzai supported by Jalali and Khalilzad launched the attack on herat.
I was in herat that time i know what was going there!!!
a significant population of Badghis is Pashtun. between 30-40% and Nabzada was part of them

Khan proved himself YES. he was arrested that the prooof. While he was fighting in the front lines in Helmand he was replaced by an order from Kabul back in 1990s * (we have to admit the bewafaee on some people's aprt)

P.S: I hate communists/maoists/sholaees

#30 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

Badghis has to 70% Tajik population (Aimaks and Ghurians included). The rest are Uzbeks, Pashtun immigrants (Ishaqzai/Sagzai) and Hazaras with smaller Baluch groups.

You also shouldn´t believe that the people are stupid and not seeing behind their acts. It´s already clear for us and many others. What will they try to succes? Nothing. As long Tajiks in military, social economy etc are anti-Pashtuns and do not follow their orders they can make what they want and don´t reach anything. Just have patience and see what will happen. The attacks and raids and lootings of Tajiks and their houses of Shindaad e Khar was backed by Kharzai package. It is well proven facts. Just need to look for it on the internet.

When I wrote ''those Kuchis were Chahar Aimaks'' than I was meaning that even our own nomads, the Chahar Aimaks, were allied with the Psahtun terrorists. Ismael Khan killed thousand of Pashtuns and their soldiers in Farah and Hilmand during his war against his opponents but when now a handful soldiers of Ismael Khan, who were self mostly of Pashtun background, fallen to the hands of this Pashtun terrorist you act as he is the biggest criminal. In that case what should be said about Ismael Khan? The act against Ismael Khan was a Pashtunist act, supported by Kharzai package, who played the card of ethnicity.

The following passage is unfortunately in German but you can use a translator

Ziel und Angelpunkt der Kämpfe war die Stadt Herat. Nachdem Ismael Khan
erklärt hatte, dass er Fahim unterstützte, kam es zum offenen Machtkampf zwischen Karzai
und Ismael Khan. Khans Parteinahme für Fahim sollte sein politisches Ende einleiten. Nachdem
bereits zu Beginn des Jahres 2004 sein Sohn, der designierte Nachfolger im Amt des
Gouverneurs von Herat, ermordet worden war, galt das Augenmerk jetzt Ismael Khan selbst.
Karzai nutzte die Gelegenheit, den selbstherrlichen Warlord aus Herat los zu werden.
Mitte August eröffnete Amanullah Khan aus Ziriko eine Front im Süden Herats und nahm
den Distrikt Shindand ein. Sein Ziel war Herat. Amanullah behauptete, dass er Führer des
Aufstands der Herater Bevölkerung gegen Ismael Khan sei. Ismael Khan sah sich einer Zangenbewegung
ausgesetzt, denn sowohl aus der Provinz Ghor als auch aus Badghis wurden Kämpfe
gemeldet. Beide Gouverneure, Ebrahim aus Ghor und Zaher Naib Zadha aus Badghis, hegten
schon lange Groll gegen Ismael Khan und warteten auf ihre Stunde, die jetzt gekommen war.
Khans Truppen erlitten schwere Verluste, und nur die Drohung der US-Truppen, bei einem weiteren
Vormarsch einzuschreiten, ließ Amanullah von seinem Plan ablassen, Herat zu erobern.
Warum gerade Herat? Die Provinz Herat und die gleichnamige Stadt zählen zu den
bevölkerungsreichen Gebieten Afghanistans. Die Kontrolle über die Provinz und die Stadt war
entscheidend für den Ausgang der Wahl. Karzai enthob Ismael Khan mit sofortiger Wirkung
seines Postens. Die Botschaft war eindeutig: Als Folge der Unterstützung Fahims musste Khan
entfernt oder stark geschwächt werden. Es ist anzunehmen, dass Amanullah Khan seine Offensive
nicht ohne „grünes Licht“ aus Kabul und mit Duldung der USA gestartet hatte. Karzai
hatte genug Gründe, den unliebsamen Widersacher abzusetzen. Unter seiner Ägide litt die
paschtunische Bevölkerung, die in der Provinz die Mehrheit stellt. Karzai brauchte deren Stimmen,
denn nur so konnte er die Wahl im ersten Durchgang für sich entscheiden. Zudem ging
es auch um die Kontrolle der Zolleinnahmen. Bislang weigerte sich Ismael Khan, diese Gelder
ordnungsgemäß nach Kabul abzuführen. Herat grenzt an Iran und Turkmenistan und dürfte
über die höchsten Einnahmen in Afghanistan verfügen. Diese hat Ismael Khan in der Vergangenheit
recht eigenmächtig verwaltet. Über Herat läuft zudem eine der wichtigsten Drogenund
Schmuggelrouten Afghanistans. Diese Eskalation führte zum Schulterschluss der Anti-
Karzai-Fraktion, die damit rechnen muss, auch „abgewickelt“ zu werden, zumal Karzai mit
dem Zugewinn von Herat über größere Mittel verfügen wird, die der Nordallianz andererseits
fehlen werden und die kaum zu kompensieren sind. Der Versuch Karzais, sich in Herat zu
behaupten, hat zwar zur Eskalation beigetragen – das Attentat auf ihn in Gardes muss in
diesem Zusammenhang gesehen werden –, ihm selber hat es aber in der Bevölkerung auch
Pluspunkte eingetragen. Karzai ging ein hohes Risiko und wahrte damit seine Chancen auf
einen Wahlerfolg bereits im ersten Durchgang.
Die Wahl wurde zu einer Abstimmung nach ethnischen Kriterien. Paschtunen wählten Karzai,
Tadschiken Qanuni, Usbeken Dostam und Hazara Mohaqaq. Lediglich in den Städten konnte
Karzai Stimmen anderer Ethnien dazugewinnen. Letztendlich verdankt Karzai seinen Erfolg
aber den Frauen Afghanistans, die ihm vor allem in den Städten, aber auch in den Provinzen
zum Erfolg verhalfen. Nach eigenen Recherchen haben ca. 80% der Frauen in Herat Karzai
gewählt.
Hamid Karzai hat 55,4% der abgegebenen Stimmen erzielt und damit bereits den ersten
Wahlgang für sich entschieden. Durch sein Vorgehen in Herat hat Karzai die Option auf den
Sieg gewahrt. Die Stimmen der Herater Bevölkerung (ca. 58%) gaben den Ausschlag für den
Erfolg. Auch außerhalb Afghanistans konnte sich Karazi durchsetzen. In den Flüchtlingslagern
Eine Stimme für Verfolgte. 7
Irans erzielte Karzai 44% und in Pakistan 80% der abgegebenen Stimmen.
Insgesamt lief die Wahl überraschend störungsfrei ab. Die Afghanen haben trotz Einschüchterung
ihr Wahlrecht wahrgenommen und haben sich mehrheitlich für Karzai entschieden,
weil dieser als Person für eine Öffnung Afghanistans steht, für eine bessere Zukunft. Karzai ist
nicht der Wunschkandidat, aber er gilt als der Vertreter des Westens, und das bedeutet weitere
internationale Hilfsgelder und Unterstützung. Die anderen Kandidaten standen für die Vergangenheit,
für Krieg und Verderben und bedeuteten den Weg zurück, ins Chaos. Die Wahl,
die erste freie überhaupt in der Geschichte Afghanistans, zeigt sehr wohl, dass die Menschen
bereit sind, sich den Veränderungen der Moderne zu stellen, sofern man sie lässt.
Die Reaktion der Bevölkerung auf die Absetzung Ismael Khans sollte Karzai Mut machen,
sich auch in den anderen Provinzen der Warlords zu entledigen. Die nächste Machtprobe steht
mit den nachzuholenden Parlamentswahlen aus. Hier wird sich zeigen, ob Karzai die Lektionen
aus diesem Wahlgang gelernt hat.

Source: bedrohte Völker 229
Geteilte Welt: Alltag Diskriminierung
Zeitschrift der Gesellschaft für bedrohte Völker International
Eine Stimme für Verfolgte

In the following it´s about the Chahar Aimak and Ismael Khan problem.

Da Ismael Khan seinen hegemonialen Anspruch mit Gewalt allein nicht
durchsetzen kann, benutzt er eine Politik des divide et impera. Ein Beispiel: Als der
Gouverneur von Ghor Ismael Khans Vorherrschaft nicht anerkennen wollte, unterstützte
Ismael Khan den Vizegouverneur, der mittlerweile in Chaghcharan regiert, nachdem er den
legitimen Gouverneur vertrieben hatte. Dieser floh nach Taiwara, einer abgelegenen Gegend
im Süden Ghors, von wo er nun versucht, Chaghcharan wieder zu erobern. Die politische
Schwäche in Chaghcharan nützte Khalili, der Gouverneur im benachbarten Bamyan, um seine
Kontrolle auf das östliche Ghor auszudehnen. Im Ergebnis ist Ghor nun in drei feindliche
Gebiete aufgeteilt, zwischen denen Banditen ihr Unwesen treiben.

Ismael Khan did not acceptet the governeur of Ghor and thus became his opposite.

#31 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

Posted Image
The two enemies

“This is my nephew Abdul Qadir,” said Mohammed Zagzai, 60, leaning over one of four bodies. “I was told I could find him here. He was taken prisoner, then executed.”

The dead men, soldiers loyal to Ismail Khan, Herat’s governor, lay side by side in a ruined outpost near Shindand airport, western Afghanistan. Wrapping each of the corpses in tarpaulins, the men dragged them to a truck.

The heat, effort and emotion finally proved too much as Mr Zagzai’s companion fell to the ground. He lay panting alongside the latest victims of fighting near Herat which threatens to destabilise the entire west of Afghanistan.

More than 50 people were killed and more than 100 are missing after Amanullah Khan, a renegade Pashtun warlord, made a grab last week for Herat, the capital of Afghanistan’s most prosperous province.

His forces took Shindand military airport in the south of the province and fought their way to within 19 miles (30km) of Herat. The advance halted only at the demand of Kabul, an order backed by a hasty deployment of Afghan National Army troops and their US coalition advisers between the two sides.

Both Amanullah Khan and his opponent, Ismail Khan, who as well as being governor and a Tajik, is a veteran jihadi, were threatened with US airstrikes during the fighting according to US officials — a rugged interpretation of the coalition’s policy of neutrality on inter-Afghan fighting.

“Herat was as close to being captured as at any time since the Taleban seized it in 1995,” a senior coalition officer said. “Civil war? We’re damn close to it. We’ve got a rogue commander out there taking on a provincial governor.”

Amanullah Khan’s forces pillaged, robbed and murdered after their advance. Among the dead were numerous victims of alleged murder.Ismail Khan’s brother, sister and brother-in-law are confirmed as missing, reportedly dead. American military intelligence is conducting an investigation into the reports of war crimes.

“At present the military is looking into matters with a view to war crimes charges against Amanullah,” an American military official in Herat said. “What becomes of those investigations is another matter though.”

Since a shaky ceasefire announced last Tuesday, Amanullah’s forces have made new gains, including Kalat-i-Nazar, a lucrative border post with Iran.

Yet despite his conduct the warlord, a former Taleban commander with no official post, has the apparent backing of some members of President Karzai’s administration. He appears to be employed as a pawn to humiliate Ismail Khan — in the tradition of Afghan government intrigue.

At his new headquarters in Shindand airbase, the country’s second largest military airfield, which he now shares with Afghan Army troops and US officers, Amanullah Khan claims only to be leading a popular uprising against Ismail Khan.

“For too long his cruel face has oppressed the Pashtuns,” Amanullah Khan smiled. “There was no plot against him, just a popular resistance which I lead for my people. If he remains in power then fighting will spread throughout the region.”

Ismail Kahn has long attracted hostility in Kabul. A former Mujahidin commander, he has carved Herat into an affluent fiefdom almost independent from central Government. Public works projects have inflated an economy boosted by customs revenues from trade with Iran. There is an electricity supply, running water, paved roads and shops filled with goods.

This comes at the expense of a downtrodden Pashtun majority, no free press, and Ismail Khan’s rejection of Kabul officials posted to the province. Even though he remits $8 million (about £4.5 million) a month to Kabul, many government officials accuse him of embezzlement.

Ismail Khan, 58, cut an isolated figure in his palace yesterday. He accused Kabul’s Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arif Noorzai, of allying the Pashtun forces against him under Amanullah. “For two years Amanullah Khan failed to capture so much as a village from me,” he said. “This time Arif Noorzai succeeded in unifying the forces against me. I was attacked from the north, east and south simultaneously. It wasn’t just Noorzai that backed them, there were others in the Government, who I don’t want to name.”

He is outraged that the Government, rather than condemning Amanullah, had sent a delegation to discuss an end to the stand-off.

United Nations officials admit privately that rather than demanding Amanullah’s withdrawal from Shindand, the Government is examining ways to replace Ismail Khan as governor with an official from Kabul, thus roping Herat back into central control ahead of October elections.

But they fear that Ismail Khan’s men may react to his dismissal with their own guerrilla campaign. “He’s like some old mafiosi don who wants to turn legit and throw in the towel,” a US intelligence officer said. “But he don’t know quite how yet, and he won’t throw in the towel till the other guys back off. Would you?”
http://www.timesonli...ticle473888.ece

The idea of nation building is actually not a bad one, except for the part that there is no nation in Afghanistan that could be called a nation. Only the pashtoons take pride in calling themselves Afghans. But that really does not reflect the wishes of the whole nationalities living in that land.

The latest tensions show how deep the differences are, and as the time approaches, we are going to face another civil war period, to solve our problem. It may sound cruel, but if the society does not begin to think over the whole idea of Co-Existence, we would be running in the trenches and blowing each other with bombs away in no far future from now.

Here is an example of these problem, that has been published in Washington Post.

SHINDAND, Afghanistan - The Pashtuns say they fled persecution in their home villages, at the hands of Tajiks. The Tajiks say their homes have been raided by Pashtun fighters.

In an Afghanistan struggling to build a cohesive nation after 23 years of war, ethnic tensions have supposedly been submerged in the name of national unity. But recent fighting here in western Afghanistan shows that those tensions remain like spider cracks in china, and run all the way to the nation's capital, Kabul.

The fighting pitted a Pashtun commander, Amanullah Khan, who has long maintained a base near here, against the Tajik governor of Herat Province, Ismail Khan. Their animosity is bitterly personal, but it has also taken on an ethnic cast.

At issue is not just how their dispute is resolved locally, but the central government's ability to establish itself as a fair arbiter when it is also sometimes polarized along ethnic lines.

On the night of Aug. 13, Amanullah Khan's men carried out an apparently unprovoked attack against Ismail Khan's forces, capturing the air base here. One of the attackers' grievances, in this district that is 80 percent Pashtun, was that Ismail Khan had not appointed Pashtun officials, particularly to the district governor's office.

"Ismail Khan did not want Pashtuns to have a good life," said Abdul Zaher, an ally of Amanullah Kahn. "His men stole houses and cars. They killed commanders in Pashtun areas. They didn't give any Pashtuns positions."

A Pashtun official in the central government largely echoed that assessment, contending that Ismail Khan should be removed as governor partly because he had not appointed a Pashtun to any senior post, although they are a majority in the province.

"There is a feeling Pashtuns were discriminated against, they were terrorized, killed, their property seized," the official added.

Many of Amanullah Khan's fighters were Pashtuns from elsewhere in the province who were driven from their villages, they said, by persecution by Tajik soldiers loyal to Ismail Khan.

Zalmai, 26, a shopkeeper, said he had fled his district, as had 4,500 families, because of harassment by Tajik soldiers.

"After the Taliban left, the Tajik-Pashtun issue was raised," he said. "We finally had to start fighting against them. They got our cars, all our properties, they even cut our trees because they said they belonged to Pashtuns."

He and about 1,000 men from his district, Ghurian, joined Amanullah Khan, seen as a Pashtun champion, to fight or offer support.

Ismail Khan said in an interview that charges that he had been unfair to Pashtuns were "baseless." "The reality is that all ethnicities are involved in government and positions," he said. Besides, he added, if such accusations were true, it was up to the central government, not the rebels, to deal with the problem.

Whatever the truth, new grievances are being nursed here, in this case largely by Tajiks angry about what they say were atrocities by Amanullah Khan's soldiers in the recent attacks.

The United Nations and the Afghan Human Rights Commission have begun to investigate. At least 42 people were confirmed dead in the fighting, most of them Ismail Khan's soldiers, and some had been brutally killed.

One army battalion commander, Wali Muhammad Touhid, said he had seen the bodies of two soldiers who had been killed with their hands tied behind their backs. A senior Afghan official in Kabul said he believed that the commander of Shindand Air Base had been beheaded, and Mr. Touhid said Amanullah Khan's men had told him the same thing.

Rumors in villages near here put the number of casualties as high as 200, and villagers say the bodies were buried in unmarked graves. Mr. Touhid said local people had told of seven bodies hidden in a well, then moved. He said Afghan soldiers and American Special Forces soldiers who had searched the well had found clothes and three election registration cards.

After the initial attack, Amanullah Khan's men pillaged the area, officials in Kabul and here agree. Pashtuns and Tajiks were victims, but Tajiks in particular were singled out.

Three men in different locations here gave similar accounts of seeing Amanullah Khan's soldiers raid and rob Tajik homes, and, in some cases, kill the inhabitants. One man, who insisted on the protection of a wall and anonymity before he would speak, said the fighters had particularly sought to attack homes of Tajik soldiers and government officials.

The central government official in Kabul said Amanullah Khan had "dark, dark" spots, including a possible role in narcotics smuggling and ties with fighters who supported Afghanistan's former Taliban rulers. Many Tajiks here and in Kabul, then, question why the government has never acted against him, particularly now that he has attacked government installations and officials.

"If the central government, NATO and the U.N. want peace, they should act against these rebels because their job is insurgency, nothing else," said Noor Ahmad, 28, a tailor.

"Look at these wild people," said one Tajik in a village here as two of Amanullah Khan's fighters, guns on display, rode by on a motorbike. "If the central government does not react against these people then it's not the central government."

Ismail Khan's intelligence chief, Naser Alawi, said he believed that some in the central government who were trying to play the ethnic card supported Amanullah Khan's attack.

In Herat city, residents say the recent violence has worsened ethnic polarization. The fighting "is mostly an issue of Pashtuns and Tajiks," said Nasir Ahmad, a Tajik shop owner. "There was no problem in the city, but after the fighting there are ethnic problems."

During the fighting, he said, as word spread that Amanullah Khan's troops were approaching the city, Pashtuns mocked Tajiks, saying, " 'Your authority might be gone in an hour or two.' "

"They were happy," he said. "We realized there is an ethnic problem."

A Pashtun shoe salesman, Ahmadullah, 22, said he felt new tensions since the fighting. "People now are saying they don't like the people of Zirkot," Amanullah Khan's base, and a synonym, he implied, for Pashtun.

Against this canvas, the Afghan National Army, whose soldiers were sent here after Amanullah Khan's soldiers attacked the air base, stands apart. Its soldiers are drawn from all of the country's ethnic groups and provinces. One unit contained men from all over the country, Panshir, Paktia, Ghazni, Kunar.

A Pashtun battalion commander, Serbat Wardak, said he refused to view things through an ethnic lens, and did not believe that his men took such a view either, in part because they were from outside the area.

Speaking of the national army, he said, "This is now the only force that people can trust."
http://siavashian.bl...p-and-wide.html

#32 User is offline   AbuMuslim Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:34 PM

View PostParsistani, on 25 December 2010 - 08:27 PM, said:

Posted Image
The two enemies

What do you want to prove?? Nothing and you are contradicting yourself sometimes calling Ismail khan pro pashtun some time you favor Tajiks some time defend awghans4peace some time u try to justify amanulllah

You don't know even a slight THING. stop reading what is on the internet. I told you i was there spoke to people and the entire people in afg know it even in Kabul.

So what is wrong with Ismail khan having an empire?? There was security, propserty, economic development and most importatnly ba naamos e kase tajawoz nameshed. Tajiks had an upper hand there was no office of awghan mellat back then but NOW pashto is starting hold ground in herat.

Unlike your claim that Ismail khan didnt care for Tajiks IN the english artice posted it clearly shows what ismail khan says. I told you gul agha sherzai conspired with arif the minister and assembled an army to free the pashtuns of Herat!!!!! Whats ur problem with accepting this????????

I just don't know what your problem is. Some time to me u seem to be damaging Tajiks by ur remarks, sorry to offend you.

#33 User is offline   AbuMuslim Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

View PostParsistani, on 25 December 2010 - 08:27 PM, said:

Posted Image
The two enemies

SINCE YOU ARE A BIG FAN OF online articles here is one by a Prominent journalist John Jennings!!! About what happened in Herat before the invasion of Shindandi, the first chapter by pashtuns from Badghis not chahar aimaks
-----------------------------------

t was on March 21 that fighting erupted in the western Afghan city of Herat, after the local army tried to oust and kill the powerful governor (oops, warlord) Ismail Khan. The governor’s son, Mirwais, Afghanistan’s civil aviation minister, was killed. But otherwise the attempt backfired.

Khan’s followers rallied, killing up to a hundred would-be usurpers in the battle that followed. The ringleader, Zahir Nayebzada, commander of 17th Army Division, ran to the hills for cover.

That story garnered maybe half a news cycle’s worth of attention in the West. Then, just over two weeks later, fighting erupted again, this time in the northern province of Faryab. Another warlord, Abdurrasheed Dostum, marched in from Shiberghan province and threw away the Karzai-imposed governor and division commander.

Diplomats, including un officials charged with administering general elections this year, have strained to portray the clashes as evidence of warlord perfidy and endemic instability. But the shoe’s on another foot. A new and quite artificial source of disruption is to be blamed for the trouble in Herat: power-hungry carpetbaggers in the entourage of Interim President Hamid Karzai, in cahoots with opportunistic elements of the American-trained Afghan National Army (ana).

Ismail Khan is the most influential man in western Afghanistan precisely because of his unrivalled popular base. He was a young army captain in 1978, when communists seized power in Kabul. He joined the revolt against Moscow’s stooges and the Soviet troops He emerged as one of the most charismatic and effective resistance leaders, leading western Afghans through 14 years of communist pogroms and Soviet carpet-bombing. (Dust of the Saints (1987), by Radek Sikorski, is out of print but remains a valuable account of Ismail Khan’s struggle.)

After the Mujahideen triumphed in 1992, Ismail Khan kept Herat and the surrounding provinces peaceful and secure. The capital was beleaguered by Pakistan-armed terrorists, bent on replacing Moscow’s puppet regime with one beholden to Islamabad. The last and most successful of those militias, the Taliban, drove Ismail from Herat in 1995 and seized Kabul a year later. Ismail fought on in the countryside until the Taliban captured him in 1997. Imprisoned for three years, he escaped in 2000 and soon returned to the field, leading the western wing of the anti-Taliban United Front (falsely labelled the Northern Alliance). In November 2001, as United Front forces backed by US air power seized other cities, Ismail swept back into Herat almost unopposed: the militiamen simply fled to escape the wrath of the vengeful populace.

I didn’t go to Herat on my most recent visit to Afghanistan last autumn. But I sought out Afghan travellers and Heratis visiting the capital. They gave Ismail unanimous rave reviews for maintaining order and protecting commerce throughout his area of influence.
By way of contrast, his would-be assassins were outsiders, imposed on Herat by other outsiders — rather like the communists and Taliban before them.

They were Pashtuns from adjacent Badghis province. Zahir Nayebzada led the local chapter of one of the aforementioned Pakistan-backed terrorist factions, the Hezb-i-Islami, until 1995. He then collaborated with the Taliban. Nayebzada fell out with the militia in the late 1990s and was jailed. That seems to have been sufficient political rehabilitation in the eyes of the Karzai clique. Despite, or because of Ismail popularity, Karzai’s entourage of self-styled “technocrats” loathe the Herat governor; so do their spellbound western acolytes.

Despite, or because of Nayebzada’s questionable loyalties, US-backed Karzai, pressured Ismail Khan to accept him as commander of the Herat-based 17th Army Division last year. A senior Karzai administration official, on condition of anonymity, said: “Karzai and his associates are trying to weaken Ismail. Nayebzada might have been told by some people in Kabul... that if he acted against Ismail, he would be supported.”

And yes, that would be the 17th Division of the US-organised, trained ana. Did US officials know they were arming and training former Hezbis and Taliban to serve Karzai & Co? Did it occur to them that they might be placing a tool of violent repression in the hands of power-hungry Kabul elitists? It’s hard to decide whether ‘yes’ or ‘no’ would be a more appaling answer.
The official said, “Karzai and Interior Minister Ali Jalali planned to weaken Ismail. Inciting rebellion against him is the main part of the plan ... Unfortunately, foreign powers in Afghanistan support Karzai’s action, in the name of spreading the authority of the central government.”

Karzai will have trouble disavowing the plot: he and his cronies, Pashtun aristocrats, have played the race card relentlessly against popular non-Pashtun leaders like Ismail Khan. Indeed, Nayebzada has claimed publicly that he killed Mirwais Khan to “defend central authority” — unadulterated chutzpah from someone who spent most of his adult life working for foreign-backed proxy militias. Good old-fashioned Afghanistan, where patriotism (not “our children” or “the environment”) is still the last refuge of scoundrels!
http://www.tehelka.c...50104Beware.asp

because of Ismail popularity, Karzai’s entourage of self-styled “technocrats” loathe the Herat governor; so do their spellbound western acolytes.

#34 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

View PostAbuMuslim, on 25 December 2010 - 10:34 PM, said:

What do you want to prove?? Nothing and you are contradicting yourself sometimes calling Ismail khan pro pashtun some time you favor Tajiks some time defend awghans4peace some time u try to justify amanulllah

You don't know even a slight THING. stop reading what is on the internet. I told you i was there spoke to people and the entire people in afg know it even in Kabul.

So what is wrong with Ismail khan having an empire?? There was security, propserty, economic development and most importatnly ba naamos e kase tajawoz nameshed. Tajiks had an upper hand there was no office of awghan mellat back then but NOW pashto is starting hold ground in herat.

Unlike your claim that Ismail khan didnt care for Tajiks IN the english artice posted it clearly shows what ismail khan says. I told you gul agha sherzai conspired with arif the minister and assembled an army to free the pashtuns of Herat!!!!! Whats ur problem with accepting this? ??? ? ???

I just don't know what your problem is. Some time to me u seem to be damaging Tajiks by ur remarks, sorry to offend you.

I can´t get you. But one thing let it be on the ground. I was never favouring a tailed Sulaimani. My words were that those Pashtuns like the thug Amanullah were acting against Ismael Khan because Ismael Khan self did a lot damages to them. In Herat and surrounding regions Psahtuns feel like they are lower than rats. Of course, If I would be a warlord I would raide and loot the Pashtun regions, skin them one after one and teach them a lesson they don´t forget soon, take their women and daughters as slaves. But we are not on the sit of Ismael Khan. Ismael Khan is powerful enough to deal with Awghoos by himself and he has own goals and intentions. Till today, Awghoos critizising him and create lies and fables but nothing damaged him, his person or his symbole. You say self that it´s not a secret that Awghans try to sideline Tajiks. So they will know what is to do.

I did never said Ismael Khan is ''pro-Pashtun''. My defense of ''Awghan4Peace'' was legitimated. The video was nowhere an AwghanMellati project. The founder of the project is a Tajik, so 98% of the youths who were seen and talking there. You call it as an ''act of AwghanMellat'' because they say ''We are Afghans''. In Australia you say you are an Australian. What is wrong with that. From ethnical view it is wrong but from the view of citizenship it is not. Unfortunately, the British protectorats are the father of modern Afghanistan. I don´t call myself as Awghan, not even most of my family but since we are from AFGHANistan we have sometimes to introduce ourself ''from Afghanistan'' or in some cases as ''Afghans''. Afro-Americans say they Americans. Jews of America say they are Jews.

I support Ismael Khan with everything he does. I would even enjoy him right now and beeing a soldier of his private army for the sake of all non-Pashtuns. And nothing is wrong for Ismael Khan having an own empire since as you says self he brought stability, peace, reconstruction projects, electricity, clean water, canalizations to Herat and surrounding region, except Badghis, Farah, Sistan, Ghor and Nimruz, provinces that were part of IKh´s ''empire'' but were not in his interest. So understand, too, that Ismael Khan have also enemies within Tajiks and other ethnicities because of his selfish policy of the past. Noor Ata do not like him much. Fahim enjoys IKh´s support but he does not like him too very much. Beside that, Fahim is trying to depend IKh on himself.

AwghanMellat came to Herat at the beginning of 2002. Some wealthy AwghanZellatis are from Herat, Zarghun and Shindand districts. And about which english article are you talking?

If you know so much why don´t you inform Hafez Mansoor, Makhdoom, Pedram, Qanuni, Spanta and some powerful non-Pashtun individuals? Don´t talk much, act instead! Try to reach more readers on the Internet. Alone in facebook and Kabulpress you will reach within one day more than 1000 readers.

You forget also to talk about IKh´s revange and the two ''mysterious'' deaths of the two leading Pashtun thugs.

Ps: Read the articles posted by myself. Ironically, you pointing on me having read to much from Internet, but you self have posted such articles from the Internet.

#35 User is offline   Kakar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

i always wondered what happened to amanullah? how did he die?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users