Tajiks Worldwide Community: We and the Bollywood (Indian Films) - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We and the Bollywood (Indian Films) Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Do you watch Bollywood films? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you watch Bollywood films?

1. Yeah, I'm lovin It. (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Yeah, seldom. (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. No. Not my taste. (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:48 AM

The question is: is Bollywood a threat for our culture? Should we avoid watching Bollywood movies?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Brother Superior,

I have got a suggestion hope you dont mind. Please dont promote these songs/films, they have already brought its irrpairable damages on our farsi in afghanistan, and if this continues, god knows what will happen to farsi in the next 100 years or so. i personally have boycotted these films in my home and no one watches it. it is entirely upto you, it was just a suggestion.

Your brother Rika Khana

#2 User is offline   Mahasti Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

[quote=Rika Khana;3553]Dear Brother Superior,

I have got a suggestion hope you dont mind. Please dont promote these songs/films, they have already brought its irrpairable damages on our farsi in afghanistan, and if this continues, god knows what will happen to farsi in the next 100 years or so. i personally have boycotted these films in my home and no one watches it. it is entirely upto you, it was just a suggestion.

Your brother Rika Khana[/quote]

I second with you. Bollywood is misleading, but I don't think it is sensible to boycot it totally because it can be amusing ''sometimes'', with emphasis on sometimes.

#3 User is offline   Farangis Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

[quote=Rika Khana;3553]Dear Brother Superior,

Your brother Rika Khana[/quote]

Dear bro,

I think it depends on the person self, or how he/she understands what the movie is about, what the messages of the film are to the people and how the film on his/her effect. Some are badly affected by getting all the negatieve points of the film. If you are smart you would of course not get all bad things of the film. So it is at the viewers not at the Bollywood self. I think some Bollywoods films very are instructive, funny, entertainment and good as well.
In addition, Indian culture has much in common with our culture, so why would we not watch Indian movies? And if you know the language than I think it's is no big deal to look forward to.

In my opinion, Indian films are better than some Hollywood films. So why Hollywood but not Bollywood?

btw, i wachted alot of Indian movies in my past and i still do. It's nothing wrong about that.

and Om Shanti Om is a great movie to watch. Sharukh Khan rocks and Deepika is gorgeous :D .

Regards,

Farangis

#4 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:56 AM

I agree with Farangeez Khanom,

Bollywood is oke romantic and relax for the Tajik Youth to watch.
Besides that learning the Hindi/Urdu language is a +
Since India can be one of the biggest if not the biggest...commerce partner of Khorasanzameen.

The Indians have also great history, philosphies and are good musician....there is no harm in watching Indian Cinema...
Ofcourse not too much! But its not necassary to forbid it in Khorasanzameen TV and Cinemas!

The Tajik Youth is allowed to watch/read foreign literature, art, cinema....and learn from it to improve own fields of art!

and Om Shanti Om is a great movie to watch. Sharukh Khan rocks and Deepika is gorgeous

In my opinion: 100 of sharukhs and deepikas can not be compared to Arjun Rampal.... :D
But this is ofcourse a issue of personal taste!

#5 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:09 AM

Indian Movies should be controlled. for example, Iran during the Shah's time only allowed 5 Indian movies a year and this improved Iran's film making Industry.

#6 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:12 AM

[quote=Farangis;3582]Dear bro,

I think it depends on the person self, or how he/she understands what the movie is about, what the messages of the film are to the people and how the film on his/her effect. Some are badly affected by getting all the negatieve points of the film. If you are smart you would of course not get all bad things of the film. So it is at the viewers not at the Bollywood self. I think some Bollywoods films very are instructive, funny, entertainment and good as well.
In addition, Indian culture has much in common with our culture, so why would we not watch Indian movies? And if you know the language than I think it's is no big deal to look forward to.

In my opinion, Indian films are better than some Hollywood films. So why Hollywood but not Bollywood?

btw, i wachted alot of Indian movies in my past and i still do. It's nothing wrong about that.

and Om Shanti Om is a great movie to watch. Sharukh Khan rocks and Deepika is gorgeous :D .

Regards,

Farangis[/quote]

Khoahare gerami faranges jan,

even if we say it depends on person, we are still in the wrong direction, as we have seen the absolute majority of those who watches these films in our country are negatively affected. and please dont say we have got alot in common or similar culture, as we have got world apart different cultures. becuase we have been watching these films quite alot it seems that we have got alot in common culturaly. the negative points of these movies are so prominant that it overshadows the positive sides especailly to young viewers, and hard to absorb the positive side. you mentioned the language, my main concern is the language dear sis, look at our farsi in afghanistan, it has been badly flooded with indian words, maily becuase of these movies and sometimes it makes it look like urdo language(street language, not formal), do you think it is healthy for our farsi?
you also mentioned the hollywood, none of the movies are good if we dont controll it, there is no difference between bolly and holly, instead of that why shouldnt we watch alot of iranian/tajiki and films from our own country?

Rostam jan mentioned that india is/will be a commerce partner or our country, fine i am not against it, but dont let their language and culture destroy ours. what is it to me/us if they have great history, philosophy, musicians etc, i am concerned about my own language and culture which has already been affected. i dont understand what our youth will learn from these films? except we will have youths who are badly "Kheyalati" living in a dream world and not realistic as a result of these movies, do we really think this is good for us and our future?

Muhtaram Gul Agha mentioned something and i totally agree with him. control them, put the films with translation, and only selected and limited number of them.

Rika Khana

#7 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:37 AM

Dear Rika Khana,

I do understand your point, and I agree with it to some extent. But let's not think that pessimistic; Urdo cannnot suppress Farsi, actually Urdo itself contains loads of Farsi words. It is also a fact that most of Indian films are silly and dull and humdrum. But because they are mostly family oriantated, and based on eastern culture, and in the region the dominant film industry, they are considered to be ''proper'' entertainment stuff.

However, it is worth-mentioning that Bollywood industry has some great productions, especially their patriotic films. Generally, a film is meant to reflect cutural problems, as well as other problems in one society.

Give your folk the choice to choose what ''they want'', you cannot impose your own interests on others; Bollywood has its deep roots in our communities.

#8 User is offline   Mahasti Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:46 AM

[quote=Farangis;3582]Dear bro,

Regards,

Farangis[/quote]
Farangis,

Not everyone is capable to distinguish what is good or bad, neither is everyone smart enough to see the difference between the good points of a movie and the bad points. Moreover, there is almost nothing you can learn from bollywood films. Nothing usefull, except entertainment. And the most films are so unrealistic, in contrast with hollywood films.
And I would like to know some common things about our culture and indian culture, as far bollywood content concerns. :D

Well, Rostam has a point and Rika khana and Gul agha for sure.

#9 User is offline   Mahasti Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:50 AM

[quote=Superior;3605]
Give your folk the choice to choose what ''they want'', you cannot impose your own interests on others; Bollywood has its deep roots in our communities.[/quote]

I don't think it is sensible to give an illitrate folk the absolute freedom to choose everything theirself. :confused:

#10 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:53 AM

[quote=Superior;3605]Dear Rika Khana,

I do understand your point, and I agree with it to some extent. But let's not think that pessimistic; Urdo cannnot suppress Farsi, actually Urdo itself contains loads of Farsi words. It is also a fact that most of Indian films are silly and dull and humdrum. But because they are mostly family oriantated, and based on eastern culture, and in the region the dominant film industry, they are considered to be ''proper'' entertainment stuff.

However, it is worth-mentioning that Bollywood industry has some great productions, especially their patriotic films. Generally, a film is meant to reflect cutural problems, as well as other problems in one society.

Give your folk the choice to choose what ''they want'', you cannot impose your own interests on others; Bollywood has its deep roots in our communities.[/quote]

dear superior,

first i didnt want to impose my opinion on the others, i only made a suggestion. everyone is free to do/think whatever he/she wants. i might be wrong and they right, who knows.

we have always wrongly believed that farsi is the language which is affecting urdo, but for the last 5-6 decades we are seeing the opposite. there is a large vocabulary of that language entering our farsi in afghanistan, and i should say this is one of the reasons why some ppl dont properly understand iranian friends and iranains dont understand us. thats why i am worried. yes, ppl should have a choice, but flooding indian movies only to the face of ppl and ignoring the others is far from giving a choice.

Rika Khana

#11 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

well, the above it is said. i love or not love these movies. love/not love is something and good/bad is something else. i love to smoke heroin, i really enjoy it, it is beautiful, but is it good or bad for me?

#12 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:15 AM

Dear NightWish,

It is true that some knowledge and information is needed to make a ''right'' choice, but don't you think that it is a natural right of an individual, despite his/her educational background or intelligence, to choose what the best for ''him/her'' is (according to his/her own understanding)?

Dear Rika Khana,

Like I have already stated, I do agree with you. I'm not in favour of indianization of our culture, but you cannot stop people getting indianized, if they tend to.

#13 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:25 AM

[quote=Superior;3614]Dear NightWish,

Dear Rika Khana,

Like I have already stated, I do agree with you. I'm not in favour of indianization of our culture, but you cannot stop people getting indianized, if they tend to.[/quote]

brother superior,

Thanks for understanding my point. i also agree with you that you cant change ppl from being indianized. but the least thing we can do is to start from ourselves, i have already done it in my family, and i have replaced them all with iranian movies, my own language, my own culture, my own understanding, my own values and everything else. i still watch them(indian movies), very few of them, but not as indian movies, just as movies. i never give them speciality.

Rika Khana

#14 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:21 AM

Dear Rika,

The best thing is indeed to promote our own stuff. For example, Ariana TV has dubbed some of Indian soeps like Henna, Kom Kom,.. in Farsi. Instead they could try to make some soeps which would reflect problems of our own society.

#15 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

[quote=Superior;3622]Dear Rika,

The best thing is indeed to promote our own stuff. For example, Ariana TV has dubbed some of Indian soeps like Henna, Kom Kom,.. in Farsi. Instead they could try to make some soeps which would reflect problems of our own society.[/quote]

yes, also i heard that Tolo Tv has produced a drama, which is an excellent start. i love tolo tv, god bless all its owner with such a great idea.

Rika Khana

#16 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, TOLO has quality and charm. But why does it not get broadcasted internationally? I have heard that Karzai's team is avoiding it.

#17 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

[quote=Superior;3631]Yeah, TOLO has quality and charm. But why does it not get broadcasted internationally? I have heard that Karzai's team is avoiding it.[/quote]

i dont know man, i am asking this from everyone and no one knows, i even emailed them a few times.

#18 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

There was a time when Bollywood movies were very entertaining but today they are boring and also have more sex stuff. We should understand Bollywood is one of the most important branch that have a very huge influence on society. In my opinion Bollywood will only destroy our mentality, culture and behave. With showing half-naked women they make our own fellows losing their minds and the way we have to go. For example i saw onTV how people of Afghanistan were looking Tv as they had never seen movies or television when the US interventioned in Afghanistan. The first movies that were sharing in Afg were indian and paki ones. All people, specially men were looking as they were ''n

#19 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

[quote=Superior;3631]Yeah, TOLO has quality and charm. But why does it not get broadcasted internationally? I have heard that Karzai's team is avoiding it.[/quote]

Last time I talked with Aghay Moseni, he told me Tolo TV will come on the net soon.

#20 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:58 PM

India's Film Industry was started by Zoroasterian Persians/Tajiks, and they are the richest group within the Industry.

Indiand movies like I said should be controlled(ex. 5 movies per year dubbed in Farsi).

Has anyone seen the Indian version of Rustam o Sohrab?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users