Tajiks Worldwide Community: You are listening to.. - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

You are listening to.. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Khurasani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:28 AM

Now i am listening to this song:

Lets continue this topic like this..
آتش بگير، تا كه بداني چه مي‌كشم
احساسِ سوختن، به تماشا نمي‌شود

#2 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:02 PM

Just listen.
Its all Persian, but with Bakhtiari accent, you should be able to pick it up quickly
It drives me crazy everytime.

The only three words that you might not understand:
1. "Kel": shout or cry
2. "Berno": a type of bolt-action rifle
3. "eel": tribe (taken from Mongolian)
هیچ وقت به خدا نگو یه مشکل بزرگ دارم
به مشکل بگو من یه خدای بزرگ دارم

Go tell the wolves that although the father has been killed,
The father's gun is with us still
Tell them that although all the men of the tribe have been killed,
There is a young boy in the cradle still

Bakhtiari Proverb

#3 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

mmmm, I think we are ready for another hit.

Again, its all persian but the bakhtiari accent is slightly thicker.
Please ask if some parts are hard to understand.

This kurosh assadpour fellow will definitely be singing at my wedding, lol. Ill drag him in chains if i have to.
Its 4:10 am and i am singing along with this song.

I never noticed how deserted this forum was while we were in the academic year. Now I feel it bad; we need to attract more members.

Bakhtiari Proverb

#4 User is offline   shinno Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

are these videos recently made in Iran?

#5 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:52 AM

View Postshinno, on 26 May 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

are these videos recently made in Iran?

Yeah, well the first was just an amalgamation of various clips. The first portion was a wedding ceremony and the second portion was more recent footage from an annual horseback shooting contest held in Lorestan province.
The second video was more similar to mainstream bakhtiari music videos and it was very recent. I think this particular album came out in 2009 or 2010.

There is a thriving Bakhtiari music industry and the vast majority of the listeners are actually non-Bakhtiari Iranians. Its really taken off recently.
The videos are nice because they both celebrate traditional bakhtiari persian culture and also provide a form of supplemental income to bakhtiari nomads.
They make some very high quality music videos and in terms of video production, this is probably my favorite:

Luri is essentially a dialect of Persian and this has enabled bakhtiari music to gain a huge following in Iran. Its probably the second most popular musical language after Persian. One can find Bakhtiari music CDs all over Tehran.
Even as recently as 5 years ago, these musicians were mainly living off the meager royalties they received from wedding performances
The government has been very accommodating in regards to preserving Lur-Bakhtiari culture, especially in contrast to the west-obsessed Pahlavis.

The biggest artist are: Kuroush Assadpour, Dariush Eskandari, Didar Mahmoodi, Ghezelbash Bakhtiari (epic name, lol), Mohammad Bajelvand and Sina Sarlak.

I am glad you asked this. I was looking for an excuse to throw out more info about this :)
Welcome back.

Bakhtiari Proverb

#6 User is offline   shinno Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:16 PM

thank you for the welcome, hope your doing well.

well to be honest I am surprised to see that the islamic government allows this, the iranians I have met complain about the mullahs and the eradication of their culture. The always complain how they aren't allowed to express their culture and instead have to celebrate the culture of 7th century Arabia. its quite nice to see actually the traditional side of things in Iran, I know Tehranis are a bit full of themselves so its surprising to hear this music sells well. I used to work with couple of tehrani, shirazi and rashtis. tehranis always used to crack jokes about others. its the same everywhere though, city people think they are too sophisticated and above rural people.

I quite like the khurasani music and bandari music of Iran. This accent is a little harder to undrestand being from Afghanistan but I am sure i will get used to it. thx for posting.

#7 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Two old bakhtiari persian folk songs. The horseman at the beginning of the first video is Jafar Qoli Khan of the Haft Lang. He was a great man, I met him once when i was a kid and he has since passed away. He was generous and tall (easily 6'10'') and he was never seperated from his rifle by more than a few feet. When he died, even the Qajar families were saying "The last qizilbash has passed away". He would personally lead the kooch until he was well into his 60's. The videos are amalgamation of various documentaries.

Bakhtiari Proverb

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users