Tajiks Worldwide Community: Nader Shah Afshar - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nader Shah Afshar Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:13 AM

#2 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

Qajar and Pahlavi both have heirs to the throne of Iran. Mohammad Hasan Mirza II(Qajar) and Reza Shah II(Pahlavi). Is there any of Nader Shah's descendants who is the potential-heir to throne of Iran(or at least Khorasan), if yes what is this person's linage, how many generations back to reach Nader Shah in the family tree?
хоросон бозорг човидон
http://www.persiangulfonline.org/
http://www.arabian-gulf.info/

#3 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

View Postarshak, on 21 December 2010 - 03:40 AM, said:

Qajar and Pahlavi both have heirs to the throne of Iran. Mohammad Hasan Mirza II(Qajar) and Reza Shah II(Pahlavi). Is there any of Nader Shah's descendants who is the potential-heir to throne of Iran(or at least Khorasan), if yes what is this person's linage, how many generations back to reach Nader Shah in the family tree?

No, there are no direct descendants of Nader Shah because they were sysetamically killed, at first, by their own family members and, later, by the Qajars

The same fate befell the descendants of the Zand monarchs; my mother's grandmother was a Zand but her branch of the family had no direct connection to Karim Khan's lineage because the Qajars killed the direct male descendants of karim khan and Lotf ali khan. She was from the "Baqala" branch of the zands and which was linked to Jafar Khan Zand and Zaki Khan Zand. Their branch was, in fact, opposed to Karim Khan's line and this might have been why they were spared by the Qajars.
هیچ وقت به خدا نگو یه مشکل بزرگ دارم
به مشکل بگو من یه خدای بزرگ دارم

Go tell the wolves that although the father has been killed,
The father's gun is with us still
Tell them that although all the men of the tribe have been killed,
There is a young boy in the cradle still

Bakhtiari Proverb

#4 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

What are you talking about ?

Sharokh's (Nader's grandson) direct descendants are alive and well, and I am one of them, though only from my 1/4 Afshar Naderi side (I have seen the shajare name or genealogical tree myself with all male descendants)
http://en.wikipedia...._Rukh_of_Persia

There are no heirs as such, claiming the throne, so you are quite right about that part. I vaguely know that Nader Shah's heirs or such were given some kind of control over some estates in Khurasan, but these are not properties ... I don't know about the details. The latest custodian that I know died a few years ago, who is considered the most direct descendant and eldest I suppose (not sure of details), and he was one of our family members that I met only a couple of times.

The time for monarchy is over ... even Reza Pahlavi implicitly acknowledges that through his minimal involvement and referendum ideas. Times are different. Nader Shah was unique, and he was a self-made warrior and military strategist. His descendants are normal people.

View Postقزلباش, on 22 December 2010 - 11:50 AM, said:

No, there are no direct descendants of Nader Shah because they were sysetamically killed, at first, by their own family members and, later, by the Qajars

#5 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

View Postقزلباش, on 22 December 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

The same fate befell the descendants of the Zand monarchs; my mother's grandmother was a Zand but her branch of the family had no direct connection to Karim Khan's lineage because the Qajars killed the direct male descendants of karim khan and Lotf ali khan. She was from the "Baqala" branch of the zands and which was linked to Jafar Khan Zand and Zaki Khan Zand. Their branch was, in fact, opposed to Karim Khan's line and this might have been why they were spared by the Qajars.

You may see the list of descendants of Shahanshah Shahrokh Afshar: http://www.royalark....sia/afshar3.htm

Prince Daud Afshar(Davood Mirza Afshar) from the Persian Telegraph Service, who worked and lived in Mashhad circa 1938 is the last known, that's why I was curious to know if the potential heir is a descendant of him or through another linage?
хоросон бозорг човидон

#6 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

View PostNader Shah, on 23 December 2010 - 08:57 AM, said:

The time for monarchy is over ... even Reza Pahlavi implicitly acknowledges that through his minimal involvement and referendum ideas. Times are different. Nader Shah was unique, and he was a self-made warrior and military strategist. His descendants are normal people.

You are right. However look at Khorasan province in Iran now. It's isolated, not looked after by the Iranian regime. They broke Khorasan into smaller pieces. The Iranian govt has huge depts to Astan Quds and yet they don't do anything with regards to Khorasan's infrastructure. It seems their purpose is to keep Khorasan a backward province so it doesn't overtake Tehran or Esfahan. You see even in religious term, Qom is considered the main city for religious-training not Mashhad! Although we've seen in recent years that even Tehran has been split up. Karaj has been a capital of a new province. Next they will make Shahr-e Rey a capital then maybe go after Esfahan and elevate Kashan as a new province's capital.

To regain our great Khorasan identity, what Khorasan needs is to have a leader and who better than a descandant of Nader Shah Afshar, a true Khorasani. The descendant does not need to be a monarch but maybe a father figure for Khorasan.
хоросон бозорг човидон

#7 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

The problem with Khorasan, I think, is geographical isolation, and probably government neglect is partly due to the isolation and distance from the main towns of Iran. However, regardless of how many people say bad things about Ahmadinejad, I think that as a result of his emphasis the infrastructure of long neglected areas is developing more rapidly.

For example, Gilan which used to be the most educated and most progressive (and still probably is) part of Iran was neglected both by Shah and IRI. But recently, there is an autobahn from Qazvin to Rasht just finished less than a year ago ( went on it, a very nice one too) and a railway is being built also. And Bandar Anzali has been getting more attention as well.

As for Khorasan, there is a plan to have a megalev Germain high speed train to Mashad from Tehran which was signed just recently. Mashhad Tehran distance with this magnetic levitation train will be only 2 hours. Then there is the Mashhad-Bafq railway which was inaugurated recently, as well as the Kerman-Zahedan railway which was also completed recently. In fact, because of Imam Reza shrine, Mashhad is getting attention (megalev is an example).There are also some industries in Mashhad, it is not so far behind other Iranian cities. I have not been there recently, maybe 10-15 years ago, but hope that it has changed much for the better. And the agriculture in Khorasan especially in valleys around Mashhad is in good shape. Perhaps Astan Quds Razavi is responsible for some big farming projects which are more efficient than small farms owned by illiterate people.

Anyway, with more development and trade with Central Asia and Afghanistan Mashhad should definitely develop faster. And there is a railway thru the Kavir from Mashhad to Bafq, from there to Bandar Abbs and Pakistan. And a new railway is being built from Bam area to Chabahar.

View Postarshak, on 01 January 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

You are right. However look at Khorasan province in Iran now. It's isolated, not looked after by the Iranian regime. They broke Khorasan into smaller pieces. The Iranian govt has huge depts to Astan Quds and yet they don't do anything with regards to Khorasan's infrastructure. It seems their purpose is to keep Khorasan a backward province so it doesn't overtake Tehran or Esfahan. You see even in religious term, Qom is considered the main city for religious-training not Mashhad! Although we've seen in recent years that even Tehran has been split up. Karaj has been a capital of a new province. Next they will make Shahr-e Rey a capital then maybe go after Esfahan and elevate Kashan as a new province's capital.

To regain our great Khorasan identity, what Khorasan needs is to have a leader and who better than a descandant of Nader Shah Afshar, a true Khorasani. The descendant does not need to be a monarch but maybe a father figure for Khorasan.

#8 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:48 AM

Well, these days no one wants to get involved in politics :P It is a dangerous business in Iran.

Maybe some Ayatollahs from Mashhad who were daring could bring a stronger voice but I am out of touch with what is going on there. Even ayatollahs are not respected anymore and not safe from government retaliation.

View Postarshak, on 01 January 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

#9 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

The web site was a very nice find, Arshak Jan. Thank you :) I will take a look.

I can ask my relatives who remember about names ... funny thing my grandfather worked in the Persian Telegraph service in Mashhad for a while probably around that time and that is where he met my grandmother, I have to see how Davood Mirza might be related, i will try to find out. I have to find the Shajare Name ... I think I gave it to my sister I have to ask her to photocopy it and send it to me.

View Postarshak, on 01 January 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

You may see the list of descendants of Shahanshah Shahrokh Afshar: http://www.royalark....sia/afshar3.htm

Prince Daud Afshar(Davood Mirza Afshar) from the Persian Telegraph Service, who worked and lived in Mashhad circa 1938 is the last known, that's why I was curious to know if the potential heir is a descendant of him or through another linage?

#10 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

View Postarshak, on 01 January 2011 - 03:58 PM, said:

No offence, but the only reason Nader Shah gained so much power was because we western Qizilbash were busy facing off several waves of Ottoman hordes and because he found easy prey in defeating a bunch of Afghan potato farmers.

If there is going to be a Qizilbash in power, he should either be a Qajar or a Bakhtiari.
Qajar because they would be most acceptable to western and eastern groups.
Lurs because we are, today, the most numerous and powerful group in the confederation

Having said that, I will also say that the days of Qizilbash monarchy, and monarchy in general, are long over

Bakhtiari Proverb

#11 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:30 AM

View Postقزلباش, on 02 January 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

No offence, but the only reason Nader Shah gained so much power was because we western Qizilbash were busy facing off several waves of Ottoman hordes and because he found easy prey in defeating a bunch of Afghan potato farmers.

If there is going to be a Qizilbash in power, he should either be a Qajar or a Bakhtiari.
Lurs because we are, today, the most numerous and powerful group in the confederation

Having said that, I will also say that the days of Qizilbash monarchy, and monarchy in general, are long over

Are you implying that foreigners like Qajars and Lurs should be ruling in Khorasan! They can rule in Tehran, Esfehan, Shiraz and Tabriz. I was talking about Khorasan province.

In Zand period, Khorasan was an autonomous Kingdom. Kingdom of Khorasan was ruled by Shahanshah Shahrokh Afshar, after death of Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar, Prince Nader Afshar was able to rule briefly before being killed by the orders of Fath Ali Shah Qajar.
хоросон бозорг човидон

#12 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

View Postarshak, on 02 January 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

Are you implying that foreigners like Qajars and Lurs should be ruling in Khorasan! They can rule in Tehran, Esfehan, Shiraz and Tabriz. I was talking about Khorasan province.

In Zand period, Khorasan was an autonomous Kingdom. Kingdom of Khorasan was ruled by Shahanshah Shahrokh Afshar, after death of Agha Mohammad Khan Qajar, Prince Nader Afshar was able to rule briefly before being killed by the orders of Fath Ali Shah Qajar.

I dont buy into the idea of provincial autonomy.
All of Iranzamin should be under a centralized adminstration.

Karim Khan Zand did not invade Shahrokh Afshar's Khorasan out of respect for his old master, Nader Shah.
I believe that he made a mistake.
He should have worked to reunite Iranzamin.

I will reiterate the assertion that we should completely forget about autocratic or Qizilbash rule; perhaps we can envision a ceremonial role.
I am half Lur and yet i would not approve of giving Lurs power over non-Lurs.

When the bakhtiaris under Sardar Assad defeated the Qajars in 1908 and captured Tehran, Lurs became the most powerful group in Iran and Lurs were appointed governer of over half of all the provinces of Iran.
They ruled with such severity that there was nearly a revolt in Isfahan.
My father still makes fun of my mother's side of the family because apparently the Lurs started grazing their horses on the gardens of the Golestan palace in Tehran and slept outside the palace in their nomadic tents rather than going inside!
Some Qizilbash groups (primarly the Lurs) still havent shaken off Tribalism and so should not be entrusted with positions in government.

The Shamlu and Qajar are far better in this respect but we must remember that this is the age of democracy; its shameful to even consider a return to absolutism in any form.
I think that even a ceremonial role is ill-advised.

Bakhtiari Proverb

#13 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

View Postقزلباش, on 02 January 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

I dont buy into the idea of provincial autonomy.
All of Iranzamin should be under a centralized adminstration.

Karim Khan Zand did not invade Shahrokh Afshar's Khorasan out of respect for his old master, Nader Shah.
I believe that he made a mistake.
He should have worked to reunite Iranzamin.

I will reiterate the assertion that we should completely forget about autocratic or Qizilbash rule; perhaps we can envision a ceremonial role.
I am half Lur and yet i would not approve of giving Lurs power over non-Lurs.

When the bakhtiaris under Sardar Assad defeated the Qajars in 1908 and captured Tehran, Lurs became the most powerful group in Iran and Lurs were appointed governer of over half of all the provinces of Iran.
They ruled with such severity that there was nearly a revolt in Isfahan.
My father still makes fun of my mother's side of the family because apparently the Lurs started grazing their horses on the gardens of the Golestan palace in Tehran and slept outside the palace in their nomadic tents rather than going inside!
Some Qizilbash groups (primarly the Lurs) still havent shaken off Tribalism and so should not be entrusted with positions in government.

The Shamlu and Qajar are far better in this respect but we must remember that this is the age of democracy; its shameful to even consider a return to absolutism in any form.
I think that even a ceremonial role is ill-advised.

Well I can tell you this, that we Khorasani people are nationalistic. We are proud of our history and culture. Throughout history, people of Khorasan always opposed being ruled by outsiders. In achaemenid period, Frada satrap of Margiana revolted against Darius, there was also rebellions by other satraps which make up the greater khorasan such as Aria, Bactria, etc.
Arsaces revolted against the Seleucid governor Andragoras and established the Parthian Empire. Then there was Abu Muslim who went on and conquered Damascus. There were then revolts in Khorasan in a reaction to the execution of Abu Muslim. Sepid-Jamegan revolted against the Abbasid Caliphs. Then Tahir Zolyaminayn who established the first independant Muslim Persian state in Islamic period. Then the most famous were the Sarbedaran revolts. In 19th and 20th century, Khorasani khans never approved of Qajar dynasty and there were numerious revolts.

Iran had always been a federal nation until the Pahlavi came to the power and abolished the federal system. In ancient times, the country was divided into satrapies. Each satrap ruled freely and only sent the tax to the achaemenid ruler and provided food/land/soldiers when requested. Later the satraps turned into Marzbans/Shahs and in islamic period Shahs/Emirs/Maleks. Then during the seljuq period they used the term Atabek. In mongolian period Noyans/Beks/Khans/Emirs/Shahs/Gurkhans, etc and as of Safavid period Beglarbegi/Vali, then the term ostandar as of Pahlavi period til modern times.
хоросон бозорг човидон

#14 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:15 AM

View Postarshak, on 02 January 2011 - 01:08 AM, said:

Well I can tell you this, that we Khorasani people are nationalistic.

Well then, This tendency will have to be extinguished.

There is no Khorasan without Iran.
"Khorasan" refers to the land of the rising sun (the sun, of course, rises in the east).

Federalism is weak and it creates fragile states.
Federalism was only practiced in the Achaemenid era and Safavid, Afshar and Qajar governers should not be mistaken for federal leaders.
There is a big difference between governers and federal adminstrators

Bakhtiari Proverb

#15 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:31 AM

View Postقزلباش, on 02 January 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

Well then, This tendency will have to be extinguished.

There is no Khorasan without Iran.
"Khorasan" refers to the land of the rising sun (the sun, of course, rises in the east).

Federalism is weak and it creates fragile states.
Federalism was only practiced in the Achaemenid era and Safavid, Afshar and Qajar governers should not be mistaken for federal leaders.
There is a big difference between governers and federal adminstrators

In safavid to Qajar period, Khorasan was a state, that was a federation of tribes. Each tribe ruled independantly and only sent tax and provided land/soldiers to the Safavid/Afshar/Qajar appointed governor whose seat was in Mashhad.

Kalat-e Naderi ruled by Jalayir Tribe(Tatar/Turkic origin).
Dargaz ruled by Afshar Tribe(Turk origin).
Quchan ruled by Zafaranlu-Kurdish clans.
Sarakhs ruled by Tekke-Turkmens.
Bojnord ruled by Khorasani Turks.
Torbat-e Heydariyeh ruled by Qarai Tribe(Tatar/Turkic-Tajik origin).
Torbat-e Jam ruled by Teymouri Tribe(Tatar-Tajik origin)
Neyshabour ruled by Bayat Tribe(Tatar/Turkic origin).
parts of Kashmar ruled by Khazai Tribe and Ameri Tribe(both Arab-persian origin).
Bakharz ruled by Hazara.
Birjand,Qaenat and Sistan ruled by Bani Khozaima(arab-persian origin).
Tun & Tabas ruled by Bani Shayban(arab-persian origin).
Sabzevar ruled partly by Baqayeri Tribe(Tatar/Turkic origin).
Herat ruled by Abdali tribe(Pashtun).

Well prior to Safavid-period Khorasan never felt part of Iran. It always felt as a seperate country. Safavid to Qajar felt part of Iran but Khorasani people never liked to be bullied by outsiders whether Safavid/Qajar. Safavid had better luck in gaining Khorasani people's approval than the Qajars. Only since 1925 to present day, Khorasani people felt part of Iran but do keep in mind that we are always proud of our culture and history and Tehran/foreigners can never erase that.

You got the sequence wrong my friend! There is no Iran without Khorasan. Who rescued people of Iran from Greco-Macedonian or Arab or Mongol rule? Who defended the eastern borders so bravely so other Iranian can sleep and live freely so they don't get invaded by Turkmens or Pashtuns? Who accomodated refugees from Khuzestan, Luristan, Kohkiluyeh, Tehran during the Iran-Iraq war?
Who sent soldiers to defend Iran in all battles and wars against foreigners? Western Iranians helped less to eastern Iranians. That's a fact. That's why we see Iran's eastern lands(Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Baluchistan) are all outside Iran.
хоросон бозорг човидон

#16 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

The point is that if each of the above groups refrained from obeying the governer in Mashhad (which in turn answered to Tehran), they would be punished.

That is not independence, it isnt even quasi-independence

Bakhtiari Proverb

#17 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:50 AM

View Postarshak, on 02 January 2011 - 01:31 AM, said:

Well prior to Safavid-period Khorasan never felt part of Iran. It always felt as a seperate country. Safavid to Qajar felt part of Iran but Khorasani people never liked to be bullied by outsiders whether Safavid/Qajar. Safavid had better luck in gaining Khorasani people's approval than the Qajars. Only 1925 to present day, Khorasani people feel part of Iran but do keep in mind that we are always proud of our culture and history and Tehran/foreigners can never erase that.

I am proud of being Lur, Tabrizi and Gilaki.
But i am Iranian first and foremost.

I hope you realize that your beloved Afshars were sent to Khorasan from Azerbaijan by Shah Abbas.
and so were the Khorasani Kurds and Lurs which were sent to Khorsan from western Iran in order to counter Uzbek/Turkmen raids/

Bakhtiari Proverb

#18 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

View Postقزلباش, on 02 January 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

I am proud of being Lur, Tabrizi and Gilaki.
But i am Iranian first and foremost.

I hope you realize that your beloved Afshars were sent to Khorasan from Azerbaijan by Shah Abbas.
and so were the Khorasani Kurds and Lurs which were sent to Khorsan from western Iran in order to counter Uzbek/Turkmen raids/

I do know that. But settled Kurds, Lurs, Turks, Arabs and Baluchs in Khorasan are considered Khorasani. They did not move to the region voluntarily(the case of Kurds, Lurs and Turks) and it was by force or were gifted lands(case of Arabs and Baluchs).
хоросон бозорг човидон

#19 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:41 AM

what you are saying here ...
safavid qizilbash could not defend iran against those "potato farmer" ...
now you belittle nader for defeating them ? :lol:
safavid qizilbash lost gilan to russians,
and all of western iran to ottoman turks ...
who regained those lands, except nader ...

without nader your ass would now be in turkey ... if u were lucky (otherwise in Iraq)
if you prefer your qizilbash in turkey or arabia fine with me ...
but dont tell me ur iranian ;)

nader saved iran from total annihilation
qajar and zand would not even have existed as Iranians :lol: :D without nader
lur and qajar would have been insignificant tribes within ottoman empire
at best forming independent countries, like Kuwait (without the oil) if not as a province of Iraq or Turkey

View Postقزلباش, on 02 January 2011 - 04:53 AM, said:

#20 User is offline   Parsi_zaban Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

View Postarshak, on 01 January 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

Well I can tell you this, that we Khorasani people are nationalistic. We are proud of our history and culture. Throughout history, people of Khorasan always opposed being ruled by outsiders. In achaemenid period, Frada satrap of Margiana revolted against Darius, there was also rebellions by other satraps which make up the greater khorasan such as Aria, Bactria, etc.
Arsaces revolted against the Seleucid governor Andragoras and established the Parthian Empire. Then there was Abu Muslim who went on and conquered Damascus. There were then revolts in Khorasan in a reaction to the execution of Abu Muslim. Sepid-Jamegan revolted against the Abbasid Caliphs. Then Tahir Zolyaminayn who established the first independant Muslim Persian state in Islamic period. Then the most famous were the Sarbedaran revolts. In 19th and 20th century, Khorasani khans never approved of Qajar dynasty and there were numerious revolts.

Iran had always been a federal nation until the Pahlavi came to the power and abolished the federal system. In ancient times, the country was divided into satrapies. Each satrap ruled freely and only sent the tax to the achaemenid ruler and provided food/land/soldiers when requested. Later the satraps turned into Marzbans/Shahs and in islamic period Shahs/Emirs/Maleks. Then during the seljuq period they used the term Atabek. In mongolian period Noyans/Beks/Khans/Emirs/Shahs/Gurkhans, etc and as of Safavid period Beglarbegi/Vali, then the term ostandar as of Pahlavi period til modern times.

How is Khorassan's nationalism different from Iranian nationalism? Shouldn't Khorasan's nationalism be part of iranian nationalism? I mean I don't think it would be progressive or beneficial to create different national identities for every region of Iranzamin. Clearly there are local differentiations which should be respected, however talking about Khorasani nationalism as if it is different from Iranian nationalism is a bit to much in my opinion. Having said that, I however support a federal system in Iran. I think a system like that of USA or Germany would be great for Iran; it could satisfy both economic and ethnic diversity
چــو ایــــــــران نبـاشد تن من مباد
بدین بوم و بر زنــده یک تن مباد
دریـغ است ایــران که ویران شود
کنـام پلنگـــــــان و شیــــــران شود

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users