Tajiks Worldwide Community: My Tajik Cousins - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Tajik Cousins Iranian-Canadian Photographer in Tajikistan Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Arman Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Mahsa Hedayati

In truth, my first reaction upon learning about an opportunity to live and work in Tajikistan was: “Where exactly is that again?” I had heard about Tajikistan in the past, mainly as one of the former-Soviet “stans”, but my limited understanding of the country was always linked to its relationship to Russia. A whole new world opened up for me once I came to realize that Tajikistan was historically part of Persia and that Tajik people until this day speak a version of Farsi. The more I learned about Tajikistan’s history, the less I felt as though I was moving to a foreign land. That brought a sense of much needed comfort to me.

It was interesting because as soon as I landed in Dushanbe, and heard people speak in a language that my parents raised me with, I felt safe. I was also amazed to see how kind and hospitable Tajik people were to strangers including myself. Their warm character reminded me of my many visits to Iran. And it was wonderful to see that upon learning that I was Iranian, Tajiks throughout the country immediately treated me as one of their own. The way you treat a cousin you care for.

Read more

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

Great ! I hope I will realize my dream of seeing Tajikistan ... perhaps this year.

#3 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

i have always wanted to go to tajikistan.

#4 User is offline   Parsi_zaban Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Thanks for the article. I hope to visit or even live in Tajikistan for a few years.

View PostArman, on 11 January 2011 - 10:26 AM, said:

Mahsa Hedayati

In truth, my first reaction upon learning about an opportunity to live and work in Tajikistan was: “Where exactly is that again?” I had heard about Tajikistan in the past, mainly as one of the former-Soviet “stans”, but my limited understanding of the country was always linked to its relationship to Russia. A whole new world opened up for me once I came to realize that Tajikistan was historically part of Persia and that Tajik people until this day speak a version of Farsi. The more I learned about Tajikistan’s history, the less I felt as though I was moving to a foreign land. That brought a sense of much needed comfort to me.

It was interesting because as soon as I landed in Dushanbe, and heard people speak in a language that my parents raised me with, I felt safe. I was also amazed to see how kind and hospitable Tajik people were to strangers including myself. Their warm character reminded me of my many visits to Iran. And it was wonderful to see that upon learning that I was Iranian, Tajiks throughout the country immediately treated me as one of their own. The way you treat a cousin you care for.

Read more

چــو ایــــــــران نبـاشد تن من مباد
بدین بوم و بر زنــده یک تن مباد
دریـغ است ایــران که ویران شود
کنـام پلنگـــــــان و شیــــــران شود

#5 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

I WILL visit Tajikistan sometime in the next five years

I want to see Rudak (the birthplace of Rudaki), Wakhsh (the birthplace of Molana), Panjikent, Khojand and Badakhshan.

There is simply too much to see
هیچ وقت به خدا نگو یه مشکل بزرگ دارم
به مشکل بگو من یه خدای بزرگ دارم

Go tell the wolves that although the father has been killed,
The father's gun is with us still
Tell them that although all the men of the tribe have been killed,
There is a young boy in the cradle still

Bakhtiari Proverb

#6 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

хоросон бозорг човидон
http://www.persiangulfonline.org/
http://www.arabian-gulf.info/

#7 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:17 AM

I'm really surprised and shocked about some Iranians who don't know much about the neighbouring countries. The school books were all good and detailed. I still remember from my school years, that Afghanistan's official languages are Pashtu and Farsi-e Dari or the text book had a detailed map of all SSRs of Soviet Union and we were taught that Tajikistan is a SSR where Tajiks are Persian speakers and how Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia were part of Persia and share common culture and history. Still many Iranians think that Afghanistan is land of Pashtuns and Farsi is their second language not their mother tongue. If they speak excellent Farsi, they think that the person must have had been very good at learning languages.

Bare in mind that myself as a Meshedi been called few times as an "Afghan" and at times "Kurd" by some ignorant Tehroonis!!! Some people from Tehran don't know what's out of that big city, as soon as they hear a different accent think the person must be from outside Iran!
хоросон бозорг човидон

#8 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

Dude, please dont use every thread to push your regionalist agenda.

I am half Lur and a quarter "turk" so its funny to see a mashhadi complain about being the butt of jokes.
90% of Tehrani jokes are either about how "dumb" Azeris are or how "barbaric" Lurs are.

There are people (mainly butthurt khuzestani arabs) who actually spend hours and hours of their time making offensive videos about Lurs.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Y_oDvzA012g (take a look at 00:54; all the khuzestani arabs craped their pants at the sight of that)

I always tell the khuzestani arabs that we are their brothers because we have the same grandfathers :D
It appears that they have been brainwashed by their arab grandmothers.

Bakhtiari Proverb

#9 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

View Postقزلباش, on 12 January 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

Dude, please dont use every thread to push your regionalist agenda.

I am half Lur and a quarter "turk" so its funny to see a mashhadi complain about being the butt of jokes.
90% of Tehrani jokes are either about how "dumb" Azeris are or how "barbaric" Lurs are.

There are people (mainly butthurt khuzestani arabs) who actually spend hours and hours of their time making offensive videos about Lurs.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Y_oDvzA012g (take a look at 00:54; all the khuzestani arabs craped their pants at the sight of that)

I always tell the khuzestani arabs that we are their brothers because we have the same grandfathers :D
It appears that they have been brainwashed by their arab grandmothers.

What are you going on about? "regionalist agenda"!!!??? I'm not even gonna waste my time viewing videos. You completely misunderstood.

1) Sadly in Tehran there are many people who don't know much about what's outside their city! This is very much like many people around the globe don't know anything about West Asia region, apart from the people from that region itself(they think that the whole Middle East and greater Near East(eg.Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc) all countries are inhabited by Arabs!). From my experiences regarding non-Iranians' Global Knowledge, the funniest thing is when some Turks from Turkey thought that Iranians are Arab and speak Arabic! or some Indonesian points to an Indian-origin guy and says Is that guy arab? or some people who live close to Indonesia and think that Indonesians are Arab!!! Oh and some people think that in Iran people ride camels to commute and the climate is hot all the time.

2) I wasn't talking about jokes! I said that some Tehrani people sincerely thought that I'm from Afghanistan because of my accent, in one case the person still didn't believe that I was from Iran and thought that I'm pretending to be Iranian and in reality am from Afghanistan. Others upon meeting me would ask are you from Kurdistan? but hey I also got mistaken for Shomali(Mazandarani or Gilani).

3) I'm happy for people who don't know about a place and make the effort to travel to the place and get to know it. So yeah in reality I do admire what that woman did by going to Tajikistan and feeling at home among her people, it's a great experience. However, sadly in Tehran there are many who don't know about their Persian kins be it Tajik, Hazara, Tats, or Persian origin(like Parsi, Afro-Shirazi) etc.
хоросон бозорг човидон

#10 User is offline   Sobir Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:22 AM

Barodaroni giromi charo ba zaboni Forsii buzurg e dari harf namizanid ma hud az Badahshoni Tijikiston hastam va harfhoi shumoro bo zaboni inglisi hub namifahmam.

#11 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:48 AM

View PostSobir, on 26 January 2011 - 12:22 AM, said:

Barodaroni giromi charo ba zaboni Forsii buzurg e dari harf namizanid ma hud az Badahshoni Tijikiston hastam va harfhoi shumoro bo zaboni inglisi hub namifahmam.

Dorood,
Dorost megooyi, Sobir

Ma bayad be zaban Parsi harf bezanim.
Man Irani hastam va besyar khorsand hastam az
didar Shoma. Man be Badakshan va be mardum e Badakhshan besyar alagheh daram.

Inshallah betavanam yek roz sarzameen shoma ra az
Nazdik bebinam

Bakhtiari Proverb

#12 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Dorood wa Salam Sobir Jan and Arman Jan. We all welcome you brothers/sisters here on this forum. Feel free and share you feelings, hopes, informations with us. We would appreciate it.

Payende Mellat-i Parsiaan.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users