Tajiks Worldwide Community: "Farsi-e-Qadim" the language of Nomadic Persians - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"Farsi-e-Qadim" the language of Nomadic Persians Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

In recent centuries, Non-Lurs have come to refer to the language that the Lur-Bakhtiari speak as a distinct Persian dialect known as "Luri".

However, the term "Luri" is seldom used amongst our families. Even when we do use the term, it mainly serves as an ethnic designator for the Persian nomads living in Western Iran, not as a designation for our dialect.

Most of our elders refer to our language simply as "Farsi-e-Qadim" (Old Farsi).
I had often wondered why this term never appeared in the writings of European anthropologists who studied Lurs in the 19th Century. However, a few days ago, while i was reading Sir Austen Henry Layard's book on his travels in Persia, I finally encountered a reference to the term. I had failed to realized that English lacks the "gh" (Q) phoneme and so the phrase appeared instead as "Farsi-e-Kadim".
Using this new term, i was able to find a large number of works that discussed the language of the Lur-Bakhtiari Qizilbash and identified it as "Farsi-e-Kadim"

Most linguists assert that Luri is an off-shoot of either Old Persian or Middle Persian but i would take the argument further and argue that Luri-Bakhtiari is nothing more than an accent of Persian and Lurs-Bakhtiari are really simply Nomadic Persians.

I think the example of Fars province illustrates this point best; in the western part of the province you have the Mamasani "Lurs" and adjacent to Mamasani district you have the "Persian" district of Shiraz.The districts border on one another and the variant of "Luri" spoken in Mamasani is very close to the Shirazi accent of Persian. Yet, Shirazis are identified as Persians and Mamasanis as a seperate ethnic group simply because Shirazis are settled and Mamasanis are nomadic.
It is ludicrous.

Here as two of the sources that i found that deal with this topic:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Continued...
Posted Image
هیچ وقت به خدا نگو یه مشکل بزرگ دارم
به مشکل بگو من یه خدای بزرگ دارم

Go tell the wolves that although the father has been killed,
The father's gun is with us still
Tell them that although all the men of the tribe have been killed,
There is a young boy in the cradle still

Bakhtiari Proverb

#2 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

I also found these interesting excerpts that reveal the immense importance of classical Persian poetry in Nomadic Persian societies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bakhtiari Proverb

#3 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

can i ask something qizilbash, the term Dari in today's iran is refered to a langauge spoken by Zardoshtis, it is different from farsi in iran, afghanistan and CARs?

#4 User is offline   قزلباش Icon

• PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

View PostSohrab, on 06 April 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

can i ask something qizilbash, the term Dari in today's iran is refered to a langauge spoken by Zardoshtis, it is different from farsi in iran, afghanistan and CARs?

Yes, it is different.
It is a language spoken in Kerman and Yazd.
We must remember that religion and ethnicity are distinct entities; my hypothesis is that Dari is the remnant of a local language in Kerman/Yazd. The only reason that zoroastrians persevered in that area is that it's very inaccessible

Bakhtiari Proverb

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users