Tajiks Worldwide Community: Tajik Alphabet - Help Please - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tajik Alphabet - Help Please Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Chaihana Joe Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hi

I'm looking for some help. Back in 1996 I took this photo in a village in the Fan Mountains area. I would like to know what the wall chart says exactly.

Posted Image

Would anybody be so kind as to list what all 33 pictures represent? I want to know the Tajik word for the object in each picture and its English translation, in order from the water melon at top left to the horse at top right, then the rabbit and so on.

Also, what is the meaning of the flamingo?

This is just for my own personal use, though I may publish the photo on a website later. If I do publish it, I will be delighted to give you a credit if you wish.

Many thanks

#2 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hi and welcome Joe, your welcome here. The ''map'' is the perso-arabic alphabete. Every alphabete has an image of a thing that start with the latter, f.ex. the rabbit picture it begins with Kh* and rabbit translated into Persian/Tajik is ''khargush'' (''donkey-ears''). Btw, where is the flamingo? lol If you want I can translate evry picture.

#3 User is offline   Chaihana Joe Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for your reply Pasistani. I understand what you say - it is the same in schools in England (the picture was taken at a Tajik school).

I would like to know what the word is in Tajik and English for each of the 33 objects.

I hope you can help.

#4 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Plz note, that some of the pictures are not clear to me. Like that of the face and the two birds (gundeshk) کوندشک

Horse - asp - اسب

Plum - âlu - الو

Cucumber - Bâdrang - بادرنگ

Wool/Cotton - ponbah/pashm - پشم

Water melon - tar-buza - تربوزه

Maiz - jawâri - جواری

Tea pot - chai-jush - چاى چاى

Wurst - hawi - حاوى

Rabbit - khargush - خرگوش

Sickle - dâs - داس

microscope - sarâhbin - ذره‌ بين

The rest will follow when I have a bit more time. As I see it now, unfortnately, the first letters are all written in big letters. In persian you use small latters. Take a look on the tablet and you will see the small version of teh alphabete

#5 User is offline   Chaihana Joe Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

Parsistani - wow, this is fantastic! Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to seeing the rest.

#6 User is offline   Chaihana Joe Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 06:40 PM

I'm not sure about the three birds, but here is a bigger picture of them:

Posted Image

I have numbered the birds and I think they are (with persian translations from Google):

1 lark/skylark - چکاوک
2 magpie - کلاغ زاغی
3 don't know - maybe a hoopoe - هدهد

Don't worry if these are too difficult.

Perhaps the face picture just means 'woman'?

#7 User is offline   Chaihana Joe Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

Just to summarise, I think what we have so far is:

Water melon tar-buza | Cotton pashm | Cucumber Bâdrang | Plum âlu | Horse asp
Rabbit khargush | Sausage hawi | Teapot chai-jush | Maize/corn jawâri | Woman
Lark/Skylark | Magpie | Plane (woodworking tool) | Microscope sarâhbin | Sickle dâs
Hoopoe | Car | Chest | Butterfly | Dog
Frog | Elephant | Hat??? | Spectacles/Glasses | Ewer???
Fish | Flowers/Roses/Tulips? | Deer | Book
Fridge | Octopus | Acrobat | Pear

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:01 AM

View PostChaihana Joe, on 24 June 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure about the three birds, but here is a bigger picture of them:

Posted Image

I have numbered the birds and I think they are (with persian translations from Google):

1 lark/skylark - چکاوک
2 magpie - کلاغ زاغی
3 don't know - maybe a hoopoe - هدهد

Don't worry if these are too difficult.

Perhaps the face picture just means 'woman'?

Ok, the first picture on the right is of a raven. The next picture is a bird called ''zurk''. I don´t know what kind of a bord it is but it´s first alphabete is pronounced as ''zh''. For the car they used the russian word magpi? and ''to-ti/to-to'' (طوطي‌) means parrot. Note also, that the Tajik language of Tajikistan and Uzbekistan or Turkmenistan differ to some words from Tajik (Dari/Persian/Parsi) language of Afghanistan and Iran. Most of all because of non-Iranian loan-words taken from Russian or Turkic languages.

Raven - Sâgh - زآغ ''gh''´s pronounciation comes from throat not between the teeths. An archaic sound remained from the earliest time of the proto-Indo-european languages in Asia, Persian/Tajik/Dari included.

The example with the woman´s face can not be correct if it means ''woman'' (''san'' زن, ''s'' like in some). On the tablet they use a ''sharp S'' ... which would be used as ''szan/zan'' like in ''civil''.

#9 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Elephant - Pfil - فیل

Chest - zina? (from knj sina? The first latter is called ''swat'' but it would be uncorrect because for treasure chest one would use standard Persian which would use not ''zwat'' but ''zin'') - گنج سینه

Before I explain to you some wrong informations I want you to wait and ask Pors who is from Tajikistan. He should be back these days.

Butterfly - Shau-parak (sh) (actually parwanak)

Dog - Sag (zin) - سگ‌

Fish - Mahi (m) - ما هی

Octopus - Hasht-pah (h) - هشت پا

Acrobat - Warsishkar (v/w, looks in the perso-arabic alphabete like a nine) ورزشکار

Freezer - Yakhshaal (y) - یخچال

#10 User is offline   Chaihana Joe Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

OK, I have started a web page to display the translations.

It is here.

It's coming on well, but as you can see there are still some gaps and there may well be errors.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

#11 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

cool. I will try to help you with it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic