Tajiks Worldwide Community: We need a Tajik Lobby Group in USA - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

We need a Tajik Lobby Group in USA Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:46 AM

Dear Tajik Brothers,

There is a lot of talk on this forum on addressing issues that the Tajik Community has in Afghanistan - as well as Uzbekistan. I propose the founding of a lobby group for Tajiks in the United States. It would operate on Capitol Hill and draw on volunteers to begin the formation of the lobby. We can learn lessons from those who have formed effective lobbies from scratch.If there is enough interest in this idea, and enough members of the forum approve, I would be willing to take some steps of my own by contacting the founder of an Iranian Lobby group (NIAC) to get advice on how to get started. The initial purpose of the lobby would be to put inform / educate Congress and eventually influence it to enact laws for the protection of Tajiks - and possibly related minorities such as Hazaras and others - in Afghanistan proper.

Let us see what your reaction is to this idea, and also take polls to see if there is enough support for the idea on this forum. Then we can move forward. Enough tough talk - it is now time for action ! Agreed ??

Regards.

#2 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:55 AM

It will take time for the lobby to be established. Initial goals should be modest and among those that are likely to get most sympathy. Over a few years, with the collaboration of Tajiks in USA, we can grow this into an effective tool for the promotion amd protection of Tajik Rights in Afghanistan. Decisions by Congress would surely be heard by Mr. Karzai, given his background in the CIA and his own lobbying of oil and gas pipelines in Afghanistan. We have to be patient and not feel discouraged from the start.

#3 User is offline   Nastoh Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:28 AM

I don't think we have someone from U.S.A in this forum. Do we?

#4 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 21 December 2007 - 07:38 AM

[quote=Nastoh;4105]I don't think we have someone from U.S.A in this forum. Do we?[/quote]

I live in the US

#5 User is offline   Afrasiab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

[quote=doodooli;4090]Dear Tajik Brothers,

There is a lot of talk on this forum on addressing issues that the Tajik Community has in Afghanistan - as well as Uzbekistan. I propose the founding of a lobby group for Tajiks in the United States. It would operate on Capitol Hill and draw on volunteers to begin the formation of the lobby. We can learn lessons from those who have formed effective lobbies from scratch.If there is enough interest in this idea, and enough members of the forum approve, I would be willing to take some steps of my own by contacting the founder of an Iranian Lobby group (NIAC) to get advice on how to get started. The initial purpose of the lobby would be to put inform / educate Congress and eventually influence it to enact laws for the protection of Tajiks - and possibly related minorities such as Hazaras and others - in Afghanistan proper.

Let us see what your reaction is to this idea, and also take polls to see if there is enough support for the idea on this forum. Then we can move forward. Enough tough talk - it is now time for action ! Agreed ??

Regards.[/quote]

Good idea! But how it is possible to do it? I heard about armenian lobby and jewish lobby in America, but in America there live many armenians and jews. How it is possible to create a lobby? To pay money to any amerikan senators for their supporting, or to have a Tadjik (Iranian) senator?

If we can create a lobby we can sollve problems of Tajiks in Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.

#6 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

If you create one than plz for both side Tajiks. Those who live outside of Afghanistan and those who live in. When they day comes i will help you with tips. Everything Tajiki should be shown to the people of America. With your idea now i want also create one in Frankfurt and Hamburg.

#7 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 21 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

Well, I would not go that far for the time being, but there is a small Iranian lobby and it is worth consulting them to find out how they got started. I am going on vacation for a few days and when I come back I will try to get more information. In my opinion, its initial purpose should be to inform people and politicians about Tajiks, and create sympathy and interest so that when issues come up better decisions are made for their interest. It is not realistic to think about paying politicians or comparing with the Jewish lobby. These things can start with one or two people registering and founding an organization. Then make some plans, for example for a 'propaganda film', pamphlets, Tajik database, and then getting students and volunteers to help work on them and begin distributing them to politicians. Organizing seminars, etc.
[quote=Afrasiab;4120]Good idea! But how it is possible to do it? I heard about armenian lobby and jewish lobby in America, but in America there live many armenians and jews. How it is possible to create a lobby? To pay money to any amerikan senators for their supporting, or to have a Tadjik (Iranian) senator?

If we can create a lobby we can sollve problems of Tajiks in Afghanistan and Uzbekistan.[/quote]

#8 User is offline   mahtem Icon

• PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:34 AM

Salam Jaan

Why do you play with a loser country?.
I recomend do a lobby with Islamic Republic of Iran.

Dollar is down and next the Imperialism.

Fi Amani Allah from Chile

Khoda Hafez

#9 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:44 AM

Hello Dear Friend, If I lived in Iran and had any influence, I would. But since I don't live there, I can't do much. You have a good point ... but I think it is worth educating people here, especially those with some power, because I think Tajiks deserve a lot more sympathy from the West than they are getting. All the best to you.
[quote=mahtem;4135]Salam Jaan

Why do you play with a loser country?.
I recomend do a lobby with Islamic Republic of Iran.

Dollar is down and next the Imperialism.

Fi Amani Allah from Chile

Khoda Hafez[/quote]

#10 User is offline   Rakh Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:41 AM

I believe the creating a lobby group to support our effort in promoting our image and helping those Tajik communities in different parts of West and central Asia is a noble idea. I live in sf and can take some times in helping in the creation this lobby.

#11 User is offline   Afrasiab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:37 AM

[quote=doodooli;4130]Well, I would not go that far for the time being, but there is a small Iranian lobby and it is worth consulting them to find out how they got started. I am going on vacation for a few days and when I come back I will try to get more information. In my opinion, its initial purpose should be to inform people and politicians about Tajiks, and create sympathy and interest so that when issues come up better decisions are made for their interest. It is not realistic to think about paying politicians or comparing with the Jewish lobby. These things can start with one or two people registering and founding an organization. Then make some plans, for example for a 'propaganda film', pamphlets, Tajik database, and then getting students and volunteers to help work on them and begin distributing them to politicians. Organizing seminars, etc.[/quote]

We shall make great patriotic act if we shall begin realize this idea. I know some Tajik students - patriots in USA. They with pleasure will help you there in America. And we here in Tajikistan and Afghanistan shall try to help you with information and materials. (At present it is difficult to find the Tajik patriots in Samarkand and Bukhara, but it is possible to find them in USA and Europe which could help us)
I think, that American politicians will become interested in position of Tajiks in Uzbekistan and Afghanistan. They can then help us to organize human rights organizations for protection of rights of Tajiks in Samarkand, Bukhara, Afghanistan and China.

#12 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

Thank you, Rakh.
[quote=Rakh;4137]I believe the creating a lobby group to support our effort in promoting our image and helping those Tajik communities in different parts of West and central Asia is a noble idea. I live in sf and can take some times in helping in the creation this lobby.[/quote]

#13 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Anyone who would like to help can reach me at doodool_talaai@yahoo.com.

#14 User is offline   TajMahal Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:58 PM

That

#15 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:21 AM

I have contacted someone who can help guide on what initial steps need to be taken to create a "lobby" of sorts. I will wait for him to reply and as I get more information I will update you.

#16 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:48 AM

doodooli aziz I am also willing to help out.

#17 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:07 AM

Dear Gul Agha, I am honored to have your help :) Regards.
[quote=Gul agha;4793]doodooli aziz I am also willing to help out.[/quote]

#18 User is offline   Afrasiab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Doodooli aziz, you are doing big job. We will with you.

#19 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:25 AM

I am also ready to help! :)

#20 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:08 AM

No doubt, most of us are willing to give a hand, but the main question is how. How is it going to take a shape?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users