Tajiks Worldwide Community: Philosophy: 100 Essential Thinkers - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Philosophy: 100 Essential Thinkers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImageKnowledge and the sudden experience of understanding can be as thrilling as the solution to any puzzle or riddle, since knowledge always resolves a mystery-that of not knowing. Most people are familiar with the names Plato, Machiavelli, Spinoza, and Simone de Beauvoir, but remain unsure of their significance. Philosophy: 100 Essential Thinkers provides succinct descriptions of the essential thought of one hundred major philosophers, including some who are not seen primarily as philosophers, such as Darwin, Freud, and Einstein. Presenting biographical details, quotations, and clear explanations, Philosophy serves as a thorough and accessible introduction to the Western intellectual tradition, covering philosophical, scientific, political, and religious thought over a period of 2,500 years.

http://rapidshare.co...7498/P100ET.rar

#2 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 05 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

Dorood Superior jaan,

Thanks for good posting. I am intrigued by the book. I am going to buy this book soon, when I got enough saving. I read all reviews and it seems to be a good book. Thanks for posting.

Have your read this book? If you had, please tell us how was your reaction? What's your overall ranking of the book? Thanks.

Peroz bemaned,

Pars.

#3 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Dear PORS,

It is indeed an interesting book which deals with the introduction of Men of Philosophy; it is a good book recommanded for beginners. Each of the philosphers has written one or more books which project their theories and ideas that has had impacts on the course of Philosophy.

Cheers.

#4 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

Dorood Superior jaan,

By the way, I bought this book today from Borders store. I scanned the book, and it is very interesting and compact. However, I don't know the sense of the book until I read it completely, so thanks for posting and good luck in all you do.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

#5 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

The whole book in PDF format is downloadable from rapipidshare. Did you try that option before spending your precious money in Borders ? You can still get your money back if you download the whole book.

[quote=PORS;4457]Dorood Superior jaan,

By the way, I bought this book today from Borders store. I scanned the book, and it is very interesting and compact. However, I don't know the sense of the book until I read it completely, so thanks for posting and good luck in all you do.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.[/quote]

#6 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:42 AM

Dorood DooDooli jaan,

Thank you for reminding about the option to download it online. Yes, you are right, one does not have to spend money when there is another "easier" option available. However, I love book and reading it electronically does not give me full sense of the book. I reviewed it electronically, downloading via rapidshare, then because I liked it I bought it. It is the cost of my one day launch, $12, for which I can fast a day and have a book for me forever. Every single penny I have spent for books, I have never regreted it. Because, the wisdom it gave me is much more than I spent for it. Thank you very much, though. I deeply appreciate what you have thought and said of me.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

#7 User is offline   Mahasti Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

[quote=PORS;4533]Dorood DooDooli jaan,
It is the cost of my one day launch, $12, for which I can fast a day and have a book for me forever. Every single penny I have spent for books, I have never regreted it. Because, the wisdom it gave me is much more than I spent for it. [/quote]

Wauw...well said.

#8 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

People of Tajikistan are full of wisdom. They need no philosophy :)
[quote=PORS;4533]Dorood DooDooli jaan,

Thank you for reminding about the option to download it online. Yes, you are right, one does not have to spend money when there is another "easier" option available. However, I love book and reading it electronically does not give me full sense of the book. I reviewed it electronically, downloading via rapidshare, then because I liked it I bought it. It is the cost of my one day launch, $12, for which I can fast a day and have a book for me forever. Every single penny I have spent for books, I have never regreted it. Because, the wisdom it gave me is much more than I spent for it. Thank you very much, though. I deeply appreciate what you have thought and said of me.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.[/quote]

#9 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:57 AM

Dorood DooDooli jaane gerame,

I would like to state the poem by our great Tajik-Parsa personality, which states:

??? ??? ? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???
??? ?? ??? ??? ? ??? ?? ???
??? ???

(Kherad darad, ay per, besyar nam,)
(Rasanad kherad Parsara ba kam.) - Ferdousi

??? ?? ??? ??, ?? ??? , ??? ?? ??? ,
??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? .
??? ? ??? ?

DooDooli jaane gerame, I would like to see our prosperity with no end, as you have mentioned, full of wisdom.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

#10 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:57 AM

I have finished reading the book and have to say that it's really concise and brief. I would give it C+. Thanks for recommending the book.

Pors.

#11 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

Another very approachable book which starts with a very short introduction of each major philosopher (beginning with Plato, Aristotle, Descartes and ending in Frege, Russsel and Wittgenstein) followed by a question and answer investigation with a contemporary expert of the said philosopher is the following book:
THE GREAT PHILOSOPHERS
by BRYAN MAGEE
"One of the liveliest, fast-paced introductions to philosophy, ancient and modern, that one could wish for"

That is if you have another $12 to spare :D ;) But I am sure for an expert of your caliber this book will just be an entertaining review and you need only borrow it from a friend like Nader Shah when you visit him :D

[QUOTE=PORS;11879]I have finished reading the book and have to say that it's really concise and brief. I would give it C+. Thanks for recommending the book.

Pors.[/QUOTE]

#12 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

Save that book for me then, so I don't have to spend $12. It will be another motive to visit you. ;)

Pors.

[QUOTE=Nader Shah;11912]Another very approachable book which starts with a very short introduction of each major philosopher (beginning with Plato, Aristotle, Descartes and ending in Frege, Russsel and Wittgenstein) followed by a question and answer investigation with a contemporary expert of the said philosopher is the following book:
THE GREAT PHILOSOPHERS
by BRYAN MAGEE
"One of the liveliest, fast-paced introductions to philosophy, ancient and modern, that one could wish for"

That is if you have another $12 to spare :D ;) But I am sure for an expert of your caliber this book will just be an entertaining review and you need only borrow it from a friend like Nader Shah when you visit him :D [/QUOTE]

#13 User is offline   Mahasti Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

Well..it is not so important to know al those philosophers but to khow how their thougts and ideologies are shifted. So in that case it is important to begin knowing the pre-Socratic philosophers. You can then analyse the ideas of the first philosophers and you will see that modern philosophers aren't ''the creators'' of their own ideologies.

#14 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

The book does not cover only presocratics, but also covers all earas including modern. Starts from presocratic ends to 21st century philosophers. One thing book lacks is that its western oriented book. Does not include any Persian thinkers and philosophers. Hence, could be better.

Pors.

[QUOTE=NightWish;11945]Well..it is not so important to know al those philosophers but to khow how their thougts and ideologies are shifted. So in that case it is important to begin knowing the pre-Socratic philosophers. You can then analyse the ideas of the first philosophers and you will see that modern philosophers aren't ''the creators'' of their own ideologies.[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users