Tajiks Worldwide Community: Keeping Our Language!!! - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keeping Our Language!!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

How can we keep our language alive while living in the west? i know some people's kids have totally forgotten their language and they speak with their parents in German,Dutch,french,english danish,swedish, russian etc.

#2 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Good point Rika jaan.....I think...its better for us youngstars if they learn the language of the country where they are settled! There is the place where they live and has to make a carriere....
If they are first...informed about their HISTORY AND IDENTITY (language is also part of it)....then they can never forget their language!

Me myself...is unfortunatly also not a star in the beauty Parsi language!
But I love my language with whole my heart...and all our literature masters and poets!
To learn the language Parsi needs alot of time.....and I think...I can better infest my time NOW in study....earn money....and spend the money on the mission :)

#3 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

[quote=Rostam;4669]Good point Rika jaan.....I think...its better for us youngstars if they learn the language of the country where they are settled! There is the place where they live and has to make a carriere....
If they are first...informed about their HISTORY AND IDENTITY (language is also part of it)....then they can never forget their language!

Me myself...is unfortunatly also not a star in the beauty Parsi language!
But I love my language with whole my heart...and all our literature masters and poets!
To learn the language Parsi needs alot of time.....and I think...I can better infest my time NOW in study....earn money....and spend the money on the mission :) [/quote]

thanks for the post bro,

well, it is a must for them to learn their language. yes,they should be informed about their culture and language, but that one on its own is not enough, they must speak in farsi at home and avoid any kind of non farsi conversation at home, especially when the kids talk to each other. this issue concerms me because i have seen alot of farsi speaking families that their kids cant speak farsi at all(both hazara and tajik, iranina fellows are even worse than us) and worst of all that some of them are really proud of this. there are number of reasos behind this issue. 1- financial problems in families, this pushes both parents to shift their thoughts from the very important issue of cultuer/language and have little time to spend with their kids, as they are both busy at work. 2- lack of interest in their own culture and language, because of our problems back home they think that it is our culture to be blamed for our miseries and they pay little attention to it. 3- since they had language problem in the host country themselves, they want their kids to learn that country's language and dont have the same problems as their parents had, unfortunatley they dont realize that their kids are born and brought up in these countries and they learn the host country's language naturally, the actual challenge for them is how to retain their native tongue. i have always advised the families to pay high attention to the lanuage issue, in the city i live, there are alot of tajik and hazara families, and i tell them about this.

#4 User is offline   Nastoh Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:35 PM

Once you leave your country it becomes harder and even impossible to keep your language, especially for your children and their children. May be you can keep your language and culture personally but you can't control your children in their environment, neither you can stop them from having friends and speak the language of that place (country).

The longer we live outside our own countries, the sooner we loose our language and culture. I think if someon is really serious about keeping his root, he better live in his own country for a while along with his children and then come back to the country he has migrated. He should keep repeating this as long as possible. This is the best way for learning and, in the same time for conserving your own language /culture.

#5 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:50 AM

[quote=Nastoh;4681]Once you leave your country it becomes harder and even impossible to keep your language, especially for your children and their children. May be you can keep your language and culture personally but you can't control your children in their environment, neither you can stop them from having friends and speak the language of that place (country).

The longer we live outside our own countries, the sooner we loose our language and culture. I think if someon is really serious about keeping his root, he better live in his own country for a while along with his children and then come back to the country he has migrated. He should keep repeating this as long as possible. This is the best way for learning and, in the same time for conserving your own language /culture.[/quote]

i partly agree with you and partly not, it is imprtant to have regular trips back home to tell your kids about their country of origin and inspire them to keep their language/culture, but this will not be easy for many ppl as it costs alot of money to go there every year.

if we see the indians and pakistanis, they are successful in keeping their traditions and language alive although they have been living in the UK for decades and generations. so what goes wrong with us that cant do the same thing?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users