Tajiks Worldwide Community: Afghanistani reporter sentenced to death for 'blasphemy': court - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Afghanistani reporter sentenced to death for 'blasphemy': court Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Super Icon

• Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:54 PM

by Shoib Najafizada

MAZAR-I-SHARIF, Afghanistan (AFP) - Media rights groups called on Afghanistan's president to intervene Wednesday after a court sentenced to death a young journalist who distributed articles said to insult Islam.

The primary court in the northern province of Balkh delivered the sentence on Perwiz Kambakhsh, 23, Tuesday after he was arrested nearly three months ago for distributing at his university material downloaded from the Internet.

"Based on the crimes Perwiz Kambakhsh committed, the primary court yesterday sentenced him to the most serious punishment which is the death penalty," Balkh province deputy attorney general Hafizullah Khaliqyar told AFP.
Kambakhsh, a reporter for a city newspaper called Jahan-e Naw ("The New World") and a journalism student at Balkh University, indicated he did not accept the verdict and would appeal, his family said.

Afghan and international media groups called on President Hamid Karzai to step in.
"This is unfair, this is illegal," said Rahimullah Samander, president of the Afghan Independent Journalists' Association (AIJA).
The reporter had had no legal representation and the media were unaware of the trial, he told AFP. The matter should also have been referred to a national media violations commission for adjudication, he said.
AIJA had appealed to Karzai, parliament and the national attorney general to intervene and was also rallying support from international rights groups, he said.
"This is too big for a small mistake -- he just printed a copy and looked at this and read it. How can we believe in this 'democracy' if we can't even read, we can't even study?"
Afghanistan's media has blossomed since the 2001 ouster of the extremist Taliban regime which stifled the media and handed out harsh punishments, including death, for violations of a strict code of Islamic behaviour.
The post-Taliban constitution is based on Islamic Sharia law but also promotes democracy and rights, including the freedom of exp​ression.
Another journalist, Ghows Zalmai, was also arrested three months ago on charges of distributing a translation of the Koran that clerics did not accept. Religious scholars have also called for his death.
Global media watchdog Reporters Without Borders and the International Federation of Journalists demanded Kambakhsh's sentence -- which still has to be approved by higher courts -- be overturned.
"We are deeply shocked by this trial, carried out in haste and without any concern for the law or for free exp​ression, which is protected by the constitution," Reporters Without Borders said in a statement.
"Kambakhsh did not do anything to justify his being detained or being given this sentence. We appeal to President Hamid Karzai to intervene before it is too late."
The court's decision "impedes the achievement of genuine democracy and due process in Afghanistan," International Federation of Journalists Asia-Pacific director Jacqueline Park said.
The AIJA said the articles Kambakhsh downloaded came from sites including an Iranian blog, www.roxaneh.blogfa.com which includes articles questioning the origin of the Koran and its statements about women, among other issues.
Authorities in the town had warned journalists against reporting on the matter, the media rights group said.
Khaliqyar, the deputy provincial attorney general, threatened at a media briefing Monday to arrest journalists who "support" Kambakhsh.
The head of the court that passed down the sentence, Shamsurahman Momand, meanwhile defended the decision Wednesday saying the reporter had been found to be "insulting Islam and Prophet Mohammad."
Twenty university students had handed in written statements that confirmed he had distributed material "insulting Islam and Koranic verses," he said.

#2 User is offline   Mahasti Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

It is very sad and idiote that he has got t he death penalty, but why has he done such a thing? I mean, it is an islamic country and society so they should watch out...

#3 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

Excellent News!!!

#4 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:43 AM

Death to Islam. Backward religion of backward Arabs.

#5 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:46 AM

Islam is nothing but a bunch of lies. No one should be forced to believe in lies. The real criminals are the mullahs who force these lies down people's throats, brains, and genitals, and those who blindly follow them and execute their orders. All religions who force people should be banned and all those who try to force people to believe in their backward beliefs should be treated as criminals and tried in court.

#6 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:52 AM

Islam wants you to believe in a bunch lies. Why lies? Because there is no evidence to back up any of their claims, whether it is life after death, vengeful and merciful (!) God, 72 virgins, hell and heaven, and all the other stories they made up for gullible people in order to exploit and control them. You are going to say Islam promotes good moral values ! We don't need Islam to behave morally - in fact Islam mostly forces people to behave immorally (stoning, judging, hurting, condemning, killing, cutting hands), and I found many atheists to be much better human beings than believers. It is a mental disease inherited over generations from a backward era in the history of humans, and this disease needs to be eradicated.

#7 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:09 AM

Akh khoda! ey vay! mordeshoore Taliban ro bebarand, hanooze hanooz fosilha va zombihaye taliban mesle inke dar on keshvar hanooz hastandand. marg bar zombiha o fosilhaye tazi. dowlate oon keshvar pas daran chekar mikonand! az beyn bebarand in heyvoonhaye aghaboftadeh o zombi ro! Be omide khoda, parsizabanan hokoomat ro dar oon keshvar saheb khahand sho o ba keshvarhaye Iran o Tajikistan motahahed be hamkarihaye bazargani o danesh o teknolozhi
oon keshvar ro pishrafteh khahand kard...

ze gahvareh ta goor danesh bejoo. Moshkele oon keshvar, bi savadi va zendegiye ghabileyi hast. Reza Shah Iran ro pishrafteh kard, Ataturk dar Turkiye, Afghanistan hanooz fardi mesle Reza Shah ya Ataturk nadare, shadravan Ahmad Shah Masoud omidi bood ke najavanmardaneh koshtanesh!!

faghat afsoos baraye oon mamlekat:( :mad:

#8 User is offline   Khurasani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:03 AM

Islam is not equal to Taliban.

I am not here to discuss that islam is better or it is a bunch of lies, but we must respect others belief.

We have lots of Tajik brothers/sisters who they are Muslims, Christian or else; but our aim that we come here is to be a Perfect Tajik; Nothing Else.

We are to seek for ways; that how to be together; and how to be live with all Goods and Bads.

#9 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

[quote=doodooli;5103]Islam is nothing but a bunch of lies. No one should be forced to believe in lies. The real criminals are the mullahs who force these lies down people's throats, brains, and genitals, and those who blindly follow them and execute their orders. All religions who force people should be banned and all those who try to force people to believe in their backward beliefs should be treated as criminals and tried in court.[/quote]

right or worng, bad or good, you have to respect other people's belief. forcing people to believe what they believe is something unacceptable. If you speak in such an insultory way, i tell you that you will alienate alot of not only tajiks, but almost all the persian speakers from you, because the absolute majorty of them are muslims. You should also know that no one wants the Taliban type islam.

#10 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:01 AM

I give up on Tajiks of Afghanistan. I like Tajiks of Tajikistan because they were not forced to be believers of organized religion. If some of them want to be, that is their choice, but they were not forced. As for respect ... I respect spiritual people who believe in good deeds, good thoughts, and good speech, very much. However, it is hard to me to respect belief in Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy, so why should I respect people who believe in fairy tales whether it is pagan or made up by some religious nut in Arabia or Israel.
[quote=Rika Khana;5116]right or worng, bad or good, you have to respect other people's belief. forcing people to believe what they believe is something unacceptable. If you speak in such an insultory way, i tell you that you will alienate alot of not only tajiks, but almost all the persian speakers from you, because the absolute majorty of them are muslims. You should also know that no one wants the Taliban type islam.[/quote]

#11 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:14 AM

Dorood,

Let's not be quick in our judgements about Tajiks of Tajikistan and Tajiks of Afghanistan or whatever place it may be. I think we as Tajiks, Persians of Central Asia, should be respectful to each others view, but be open minded in what other people want to say. I know and understand that for some Tajiks here, their identity as Persians of Central Asia and belief in Islam may be everything, however, it is always good to be challenger for your own thoughts and be open to others, too. The question of religious values is the personal thing and we don't have any problem with that, as soon as our IDENTITY as TAJIKS, PERSIANS of Central Asia, binds us. We need to pay more attention and work on what we have in common, our Identity (that's the most important thing).

I think to some extend I understand what DooDooli wants to say here. It's just the matter of how you understand it. However, I understand others too who mentioned about respecting each other's values and beliefs. Let's not be quick in our judgements and harsh to each other, but think of how we can position ourselves in modern world and take ACTIONS. After all, we are all Persians here, no matter one is Persian from Iran or Central Asia. Thank you for taking time and reading this post.

Perooz bemaned,

Pors.

#12 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

[quote=doodooli;5126]I give up on Tajiks of Afghanistan. I like Tajiks of Tajikistan because they were not forced to be believers of organized religion. If some of them want to be, that is their choice, but they were not forced. As for respect ... I respect spiritual people who believe in good deeds, good thoughts, and good speech, very much. However, it is hard to me to respect belief in Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy, so why should I respect people who believe in fairy tales whether it is pagan or made up by some religious nut in Arabia or Israel.[/quote]

As i said before it shouldnt be your problem if they are followers of the wrong religion. Leave it alone if you dont believe it, no one is forcing you. And at the same time no one cares if you give up on Tajiks of Afghanistan.

#13 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:46 PM

Very strange and interesting

At the end of last year our president Emomali Rahmon destributed (without charge, freely)the translation of Koran (in Tajiki Persian)to the people in the mosques. Many thousands of books were distributed, and now a lot of people reading it in their own language in order to understand it.

#14 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:50 PM

[quote=Dushanbe;5137]Very strange and interesting

At the end of last year our president Emomali Rahmon destributed (without charge, freely)the translation of Koran (in Tajiki Persian)to the people in the mosques. Many thousands of books were distributed, and now a lot of people reading it in their own language in order to understand it.[/quote]

Dear Dushanbe,

Nice to have you back after very long time.

It seems strange, but there some stupid people out there who are like that. It is good to see peoople are reading the quran without fear and in their own languge. The very first time Quran was translated from Arabic to a non arabic language during the Samani Empire.(Arabi to Dari)

#15 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:56 AM

All organized religion is wrong, at not just Islam. I am not saying we should replace Islam with some other religion. Islam will continue as long as ignorance continues, and it will take many generations before Islam and similar diseases are eradicated from our societies. But we have to take a stand against hypocrisy and lies, if we are to uphold truth, even if it is unpopular because most people are ignorant, mentally handicapped, and spiritually retarded.
[quote=Rika Khana;5134]As i said before it shouldnt be your problem if they are followers of the wrong religion. Leave it alone if you dont believe it, no one is forcing you. And at the same time no one cares if you give up on Tajiks of Afghanistan.[/quote]

#16 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:34 PM

[quote=doodooli;5147]All organized religion is wrong, at not just Islam. I am not saying we should replace Islam with some other religion. Islam will continue as long as ignorance continues, and it will take many generations before Islam and similar diseases are eradicated from our societies. But we have to take a stand against hypocrisy and lies, if we are to uphold truth, even if it is unpopular because most people are ignorant, mentally handicapped, and spiritually retarded.[/quote]

Fair enough, you can take these ideas to the Akhunds in Iran, we dont need it here. We are here talking about our problems in Afghanistan and dont want to make another division line among the tajiks because of religion.

#17 User is offline   Khurasani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:24 PM

Lets make this religion discussions in a new topic. I as a friend of you request that be calm when discussing about something. If we are Tajiks here and are discussing about our problems, so we must feel our selves near our Real brothers; and must be more friendly.

Thanks.

#18 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:32 AM

And you can take your Islamic ideas to Afghanistan where you belong, and leave the West where you don't fit in. This forum is too Afghan for me, so I will spend more time in new Iranian forums I found that deal with ancient history and have sections on Central Asia. This is an Afghan-infested forum and most people seem to be intellectually deficient, except some good people from Tajikestan. I think we should make a separate forum where Afghans are kicked out.
[quote=Rika Khana;5156]Fair enough, you can take these ideas to the Akhunds in Iran, we dont need it here. We are here talking about our problems in Afghanistan and dont want to make another division line among the tajiks because of religion.[/quote]

#19 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:44 AM

I should add that there are also some very nice people like Khurasani, dear Rostam, and honorable Gul Agha, whom I do not consider Afghans. But surely many like Rika Khana fits the Afghan profile neatly - as Rustam says, brainwashed Tajiks who cannot be considered Tajiks at all since they sold their brains (and perhaps other body parts) to Afghanistan and Arabia. Here are some good forums I am finding as I search:
http://www.allempire...opics.asp?FID=9
http://www.freepower...m/iranianforum/

#20 User is offline   Khurasani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:52 AM

[quote=doodooli;5174]I should add that there are also some very nice people like Khurasani, dear Rostam, and honorable Gul Agha, whom I do not consider Afghans. But surely many like Rika Khana fits the Afghan profile neatly - as Rustam says, brainwashed Tajiks who cannot be considered Tajiks at all since they sold their brains (and perhaps other body parts) to Afghanistan and Arabia. Here are some good forums I am finding as I search:
http://www.allempire...opics.asp?FID=9
http://www.freepower...m/iranianforum/[/quote]

I realize you dear Doodooli; but I think our Ideals are more forward than these problems. We can solve these problems by time; but maybe we can't be able to find such opportunity to make a Tajik community.

See what Ferdawsi says :

Basi ranj bordam dar in sal si, Ajam ZENDE kardam bedin Parsi!
~ Ferdowsi
Much toil have I foretaken in these thirty years, I gave Ajam life with this Persian.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users