Tajiks Worldwide Community: Why we call ourself tajiks? - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why we call ourself tajiks? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

[quote=idontknow;6425]So ignorant call random things persian, look an apple, that is persian, look a tv, that is persian, look an oxygen molecule, i guess that is also persian, :D :D :D :D

Yeah, i have a lot of "ignorance"....[/quote]

Yes, all of them are Persian, but you... lol

#22 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

Iranian - Persian - Tajik - Farsiwan - it is all the same. Lets not get worked up over these things. As long as the knowledge of the culture of Khurasan is there - it does not matter which of the above you call yourself.

Regarding Hazaras - at the moment they are separate - they are no friends of Tajiks as their 'Baba' Mazari would say - so it is premature to think of them and their role in the movement of Khurasan. They have more respect for things like YASA ( the Mongol laws). Indeed they are viciously anti Tajik and have been in the past - always stabbing us in the back.

This is a symptom of the weakness of the ideology of Khurasan or the lack of it amongst our own TAJIKS. So to help alleviate it - work on the enlightenment of your fellow Tajiks.

We as Tajiks (the non Hazara Parsi e Dari speakers of Afghanistan) should defend Tajik interests first and foremost - unite ourselves and raise our knowledge. Once we unite even Pashtuns will become good Khurasanis, never mind the treacherous Hazaras.

#23 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

All Persian-speakers are Tajik and all Tajiks are Persian. Including Hazaras. The term has no racial cognition.

#24 User is offline   idontknow Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:36 PM

[quote=Darius;6437]All Persian-speakers are Tajik and all Tajiks are Persian. Including Hazaras. The term has no racial cognition.[/quote]

okay you're not iranic... Happy now? :D

P.S. Still mad calling yourself persian, but most people will realize a persian doesnt look like an oriental (Mongoloid). So ill just let you create your mongrel mess "istan" (state).

#25 User is offline   idontknow Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

[quote=Darius;6437]All Persian-speakers are Tajik and all Tajiks are Persian. Including Hazaras. The term has no racial cognition.[/quote]

Yeah,An Iranian person would say such things! :D

Persian! He is persian! Remember persians look like this, and always have been, they have no connection with mongols, they appeared mongoloid after and before the mongol invasion. :D :D :D :D
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   arya-zadah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:55 AM

Dear Ahangar Jan,

I AGREE that we still have serious problem even in unification of our tajik fellows - we know that for significant number of tajiks in Afghanistan and Tajikistan their regional identity is more important than national one. For tajiks from Kulab (part of Khatlan province of Tajikistan), for example, their "Kulabi" identity is more important than their "Tajiki" identity, and I am sure they hardly even suspect about their "Persian" identity. So are "Khojandi" tajiks, Isfaragi Tajiks, Istravshani Tajiks, Mastchahi Tajiks, Panjakenti Tajiks, Gharmi Tajiks, Vakhya Tajiks, Hesari Tajiks, Kafarnehani Tajiks, and so on. Majority of Bukharan tajiks in Uzbekistan even don't identify themselves as "Tajiks". They prefer to call themselves "Bukhari", or even "uzbeks" by the way. "Tajik" for Bukharan means "Kohistani" people.

However, from my viewpoint, development of more general, strong, and easy for understanding and accepting by ordinary people "Persian" identity might trigger the rise of self-awareness among all Persian speakers in eastern Iranian countries (Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan), might trigger the fast process of unification.

#27 User is offline   Tehran Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:29 AM

[quote=idontknow;6446]Yeah,An Iranian person would say such things! :D

Persian! He is persian! Remember persians look like this, and always have been, they have no connection with mongols, they appeared mongoloid after and before the mongol invasion. :D :D :D :D
Posted Image[/quote]

this idiot is kaveh from Irandefence, he used to discuss race at that site too. i recognized one of the pictures he posted at this site

kaveh beekari?

#28 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:31 AM

[quote=idontknow;6446]Yeah,An Iranian person would say such things! :D

Posted Image[/quote]

The guy on the pic is most probably Hazareh (Hazara), but since his mother tongue is Persian, he is Persian indeed.

#29 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:36 AM

In 1990, when I travelled to Bukhara with my classmates, we were greeted with music and fanfare in Zirabad village of Kagan. Their school was in Uzbek. So, we brought tons of Persian Cyrillic (Tajik) books and distributed among pupils. All of them were Tajik and very proud of being known as Tajik. The school was transformed into a Tajik one. I'm sure by now it has to be back on the same Uzbek track. But what I mean is, treatment matters. The better we treat them, the more they identify themselves with us.

[quote=arya-zadah;6447]Dear Ahangar Jan,

I AGREE that we still have serious problem even in unification of our tajik fellows - we know that for significant number of tajiks in Afghanistan and Tajikistan their regional identity is more important than national one. For tajiks from Kulab (part of Khatlan province of Tajikistan), for example, their "Kulabi" identity is more important than their "Tajiki" identity, and I am sure they hardly even suspect about their "Persian" identity. So are "Khojandi" tajiks, Isfaragi Tajiks, Istravshani Tajiks, Mastchahi Tajiks, Panjakenti Tajiks, Gharmi Tajiks, Vakhya Tajiks, Hesari Tajiks, Kafarnehani Tajiks, and so on. Majority of Bukharan tajiks in Uzbekistan even don't identify themselves as "Tajiks". They prefer to call themselves "Bukhari", or even "uzbeks" by the way. "Tajik" for Bukharan means "Kohistani" people.

However, from my viewpoint, development of more general, strong, and easy for understanding and accepting by ordinary people "Persian" identity might trigger the rise of self-awareness among all Persian speakers in eastern Iranian countries (Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan), might trigger the fast process of unification.[/quote]

#30 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:45 AM

This Idontknow is very suspicious ... he sounds like another guy called oslonor who had a clear panturkic agenda (revealed later) but disguising himself as a persian nationalist racist always posting pictures of ugly Azeris and beautiful Persians ... I suspect Idontknow is either Pashtun or Turkic. He obviously cannot be Persian based on his primitive knowledge of the Persian language. He poses as a Persian racist to inflame other groups and create divisions. We should ban this guy as he has no positive contribution whatsoever to this forum ...

#31 User is offline   arya-zadah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:53 AM

[quote=Darius;6455]But what I mean is, treatment matters. The better we treat them, the more they identify themselves with us.[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY, Darious Jan, very well said. Hazara people might've become part of Persian people/ civilization long time ago, after they switched to Persian language, but it hasn't happened. it's obvious that it couldn't have happened - just look at their history, both medieval and recent. How have they suffered from us, Persians. Look what Persians of Iran are doing to Hazara migrant in Iran even now. When I met them first time in my life, I was in shock to see in their eyes something, a mixture of fear and hatred. They were surprised that I was very easy and friendly to them...But at that time I knew nothing about these people...

I think the culture of tolerance and respect regardless of race and origin should be developed first of all among us - Persian intellectuals. We should work together to develop a modern type national identity. We should attract as much Persian intellectuals as possible to discussion of our issues, to development and strengthening of our identity, regardless of race and origin. This should be done at first turn, I believe. I am sure the political and economical grows/prosperity/unity will come only after we overcome identity problem/crisis.

#32 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:55 AM

Darius Jan, I also agree with you 100%. We need to be as inclusive as possible, and be kind to all those who want to be included, and we will get kindness in return, that is a universal law ! But all of us need to practice tolerance, benevolence, and inclusiveness !
[quote=Darius;6455]In 1990, when I travelled to Bukhara with my classmates, we were greeted with music and fanfare in Zirabad village of Kagan. Their school was in Uzbek. So, we brought tons of Persian Cyrillic (Tajik) books and distributed among pupils. All of them were Tajik and very proud of being known as Tajik. The school was transformed into a Tajik one. I'm sure by now it has to be back on the same Uzbek track. But what I mean is, treatment matters. The better we treat them, the more they identify themselves with us.[/quote]

#33 User is offline   arya-zadah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:31 AM

I think I've recognized him too. There was an Azeri turk man from Iran in a Tajikistani forum and he was very active there...
but, to be honest, I like hist intelligence and finesse. the issues he's rising are very very serious. he's helping us to understand ourselves better.
i am not his supporter, but i am against banning him.

#34 User is offline   Faridun Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:29 AM

Hello brothers. We must be very carefull and not to go under the influence such "persians" like Idontknow. We must learn from Turkey which claims that all of the mongoloid kirghiz, kazakh uzbeks are TURKS. But these nations have mongoloid origin and only because of having turkish language they call themselve turks. Also turks of Turkey who dont look like them by face consider them as turks.
Also we must learn from russians. Now in Russia you can hardly find true and pure russian face with a big eyes. Most of them look like tatars, jewishes, chukchas, etc. But they dont say that they are not russians.
For example I show some famouse russians who have no russian features and mixed with the other nations but are called russians

Russian writer Anton Chekhov
President Putin
Russian writer Chernishevskiy
Russian writer Dostoevskiy and others

Posted Image

#35 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

Dear Dushanbe,

You won't be able to lecture everyone throughout even your own Universuty about Persian and Tajik being the same. That's why it would be better if you avoid the confusion by introducing your mother tongue as Persian only; spoken in Tajikistan too. Our language has only one valid and well-known name in English and it is Persian.

[quote=Dushanbe;6318]Most of the people seem to be too much involved in finding a term that sounds better, a lot is written in the history - in very old books, and etc.

It is their right. As of me, I always call myself Tajik. I have a lot of Iranian friends in my University (I am out of Tajikistan) and we have not communication problems. The only have more arabic words. I always speak with my Tajik dialect that I know very well and call my language Tajiki. They now consider terms Tajik and Persion as sinonimous. Whenever needed I will explain who I am, but in general, do not care who thinks what.

Wherever you are you need to respect yourfelf and know yourself properly (if you want others to respect you). I am European looking and many take me for Russian.

Take care[/quote]

#36 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

[quote=arya-zadah;6447]Dear Ahangar Jan,

However, from my viewpoint, development of more general, strong, and easy for understanding and accepting by ordinary people "Persian" identity might trigger the rise of self-awareness among all Persian speakers in eastern Iranian countries (Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan), might trigger the fast process of unification.[/quote]

Dear AryaZadeh,

There is much regionalism amongst Tajiks all over.

The unity will come when Tajiks realise their own heritage. Realising their heritage and its importance to them and humanity in general will show how much they have lost from their lack of unity and how much they are currently under attack.

It is all a matter of raising their knowledge.

My fundamental belief is that the unity of Tajiks is the foundations upon which a Khurasani entity is built, to the benefit of all peoples, not just those of Tajik Aryan ethnicity.

We should not waste our time trying to convince non-Tajiks, when our own Tajiks are not all convinced or aware. The priority is Tajik unity.

Once we are a united and tangible force - convincing non-Tajiks will be much more simple.

My Email is ahhangar@googlemail.com by the way.

#37 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:06 AM

Dear Nader Shah,

Idontknow is the same Khosrau II who's famous with his silly postings in Irandefence. Here in Tajikam.com the guy has 2 identities: Khosrau II and idontknow. He's certainly not Persian and he has an agenda. But let's try if we can stand a doshman and see what he wants to say before he disappears. I'd like to leave him alone and just observe him as a guinea pig and make our own conclusions.

[quote=Nader Shah;6467]This Idontknow is very suspicious ... he sounds like another guy called oslonor who had a clear panturkic agenda (revealed later) but disguising himself as a persian nationalist racist always posting pictures of ugly Azeris and beautiful Persians ... I suspect Idontknow is either Pashtun or Turkic. He obviously cannot be Persian based on his primitive knowledge of the Persian language. He poses as a Persian racist to inflame other groups and create divisions. We should ban this guy as he has no positive contribution whatsoever to this forum ...[/quote]

#38 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:08 AM

I'm 100% with you Arya-zadah. Sound conclusion.

[quote=arya-zadah;6469]ABSOLUTELY, Darious Jan, very well said. Hazara people might've become part of Persian people/ civilization long time ago, after they switched to Persian language, but it hasn't happened. it's obvious that it couldn't have happened - just look at their history, both medieval and recent. How have they suffered from us, Persians. Look what Persians of Iran are doing to Hazara migrant in Iran even now. When I met them first time in my life, I was in shock to see in their eyes something, a mixture of fear and hatred. They were surprised that I was very easy and friendly to them...But at that time I knew nothing about these people...

I think the culture of tolerance and respect regardless of race and origin should be developed first of all among us - Persian intellectuals. We should work together to develop a modern type national identity. We should attract as much Persian intellectuals as possible to discussion of our issues, to development and strengthening of our identity, regardless of race and origin. This should be done at first turn, I believe. I am sure the political and economical grows/prosperity/unity will come only after we overcome identity problem/crisis.[/quote]

#39 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:09 AM

[quote=Nader Shah;6471]Darius Jan, I also agree with you 100%. We need to be as inclusive as possible, and be kind to all those who want to be included, and we will get kindness in return, that is a universal law ! But all of us need to practice tolerance, benevolence, and inclusiveness ![/quote]

Very well-said. Afarinat bad, Nader Shah!

#40 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:12 AM

How about their greatest poet Pushkin whose grandfather was an African Gannibal? You are right Sabbah-jan.

[quote=Hassani Sabboh;6477]Hello brothers. We must be very carefull and not to go under the influence such "persians" like Idontknow. We must learn from Turkey which claims that all of the mongoloid kirghiz, kazakh uzbeks are TURKS. But these nations have mongoloid origin and only because of having turkish language they call themselve turks. Also turks of Turkey who dont look like them by face consider them as turks.
Also we must learn from russians. Now in Russia you can hardly find true and pure russian face with a big eyes. Most of them look like tatars, jewishes, chukchas, etc. But they dont say that they are not russians.
For example I show some famouse russians who have no russian features and mixed with the other nations but are called russians

Russian writer Anton Chekhov
President Putin
Russian writer Chernishevskiy
Russian writer Dostoevskiy and others

Posted Image[/quote]

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users