Tajiks Worldwide Community: Bayat - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bayat Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Nilab Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

Salam,

i have to do a report about your roots..

well i'm afghanistani* (duhhh) but i'm not taijki hazara or pashton balochi. but bayat:P

i couldn't find much information about it

i thought maybe you could help me

i appreciated!

khuda hafez

#2 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:48 PM

Bayats are Persians/Tajiks who were part of the Kizilbash confederacy.

#3 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

Hi Nilab,

What do you think yourself about your identity? Never heard of an ethnicity called Bayat. Are you Persian? What language do you speak?

#4 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:22 AM

From Wiki:
Clans:
Bayat is the name of a tribe in Iran which traces its origin to the 12th century. The first location of the Bayat tribe was the city of Nishapur in the south of Khorasan, a state in the north-east of Iran. The Bayat tribe moved in 16th century to three different locations after attacks by Mongol forces.

The Bayat tribe made war with the Mongols, killing Genghis Khan's son-in-law with his army. Then Khan attacked Nishapur with all his forces, killing many Bayat tribesmen, and the rest of the Bayat tribe escaped to the mountains around Nishapur.

From there, one group went east and north-east, so that the surname Bayat is still found in Afghanistan and India. A second group went south-west towards Isfahan, and the surname Bayat is prominent in Arak, Isfahan and Shiraz. The third group went north-west, and in Azerbaijan they divided in two; one part of the group took the north way as far as Turkey, and second part went west into Iraq, Syria and Lebanon.

Bayat was the name of one the 24 Oghuz Turkish clans purported to descend from Oghuz Khaqan according to Oghuzname[citation needed] and the oral legends prior to that book's writing in early 14th century. It is also the name of several localities and persons often in connection with the clan or the legend. In Afghanistan, the clan is known to have who originally emigrated into the country with Nader Shah.

People:
Bayat is a common surname today in Afghanistan, Iran, Azerbaijan and to a lesser extent in Turkey and Turkmenistan where it carries the meaning "Knight" or "Chevalier".

Notable figures from this clan include:
Abbas Bayat (born 1947), Iranian businessman
Asef Bayat, Iranian professor of sociology
Ehsan Bayat, Afghan-American entrepreneur, owner of Ariana Television Network and founder of the Bayat Foundation[1]
Morteza Gholi Bayat (1890-1958), former Prime Minister of Iran

(And I may add: Babak Bayat ... famous composer of quality pop songs in Iran)
[quote=Darius;6458]Hi Nilab,

What do you think yourself about your identity? Never heard of an ethnicity called Bayat. Are you Persian? What language do you speak?[/quote]

#5 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:24 AM

Bayats like the Hazaras are Persianized today and they are Persian.

#6 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:41 AM

Exactly, just as the Afshar ... they are fully Persianized and more nationalistic than even "pure" (if there is such a thing) Persians !! :)
[quote=Gul agha;6463]Bayats like the Hazaras are Persianized today and they are Persian.[/quote]

#7 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:10 AM

Bayat are one of the original 24 Oghuz tribes. They arrived in Persia, Central Asia, Transcaucasia, Anatolia as part of the Seljuqs 11th century and second wave came as part of the Mongol army 13th century, today there are still the original Bayats known as bayad in Mongolia.
http://www.joshuapro...=101168&rog3=MG

Bayats(originally known as Bayad) are infact closely related to Afshar(originally known as Avshar) and Seljuq(aka Saljuq, Seljuk, Selcuk).

Bayat was also one of the original 7 tribes of the Qezelbash/Kizilbash that put Shah Ismail Safavi as Shahanshah of Persia. Other 6 tribes were Ustajlu, Dhul-Qadr, Rumlu, Shamlu, Afshar, Qajar. These seven tribes Bayats came to Persia & Azerbaijan from Eastern Anatolia. To weaken the Qezelbash power Shah Abbas I(the Great) moved some of the Afshars to northern khorasan ie.Dargaz,Kalat; Bayats to Neishabour & Sabzevar; Qajars to Astarabad.

Bayats were main rivals of the Afshars in Khorasan. Nader Shah killed some of their chiefs for betraying him. Nader Shah Afshar then brought Bayats to Afghanistan.

Bayats in Iran are bi-lingual speak Farsi as well as Azeri. I had a neighbour who was a bayat from Neishabour he spoke Azeri as his motherlongue, but because bayats live in Khorasan their dialect is quite different from other azeri people from Zanjan,Tabriz,Ardebil,Urumiyeh,etc.

Bayats who have been living in Mashhad or Tehran for several generations obviously speak only Persian these days. But if they're first generation Bayat from an original location of Bayat like Sabzevar or Neishabour they speak Azeri.
http://www.spongobon.../nm/eme9973.htm

As for bayads of India I don't known how they got there perhaps by the Qotbshahi or maybe the Mughals.
http://www.joshuapro...=111488&rog3=IN

#8 User is offline   Nilab Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

[quote=Darius;6458]Hi Nilab,

What do you think yourself about your identity? Never heard of an ethnicity called Bayat. Are you Persian? What language do you speak?[/quote]

yes i'm persian and i speak farsi like taijks but bayat is a verry small group.

i'm really curious about bayat.

#9 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

[quote=Nilab;6532]yes i'm persian and i speak farsi like taijks but bayat is a verry small group.

i'm really curious about bayat.[/quote]
Well, that's great! And thanks for opening this thread. I learnt a bit about Bayat as well. Always nice to meet our Persian siblings wherever they are.

#10 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

[quote=Nilab;6441]Salam,

i have to do a report about your roots..

well i'm afghanistani* (duhhh) but i'm not taijki hazara or pashton balochi. but bayat:P

i couldn't find much information about it

i thought maybe you could help me

i appreciated!

khuda hafez[/quote]

Bayats are origianlly Turks that invaded modern state of Iran with the time they became persianized ethnically, culturally and by language. The Bayats in Kabul and Hazarajat looks either like typical Tajiks or Hazaras while in Iran they all looks iranian like.

#11 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:03 AM

Ehsanullah Bayat

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

[quote=Gul agha;6608]Ehsanullah Bayat

Posted Image[/quote]

Gul Agha jan, mitoonid lotfan tozih bedahid ke Ehsanullah Bayat kist? Besiyar sepas.

#13 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

Ehsan bayat Modeer Bunyad Bayat,Television Ariana, wa Afghanistani wireless ast.

#14 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:32 AM

[quote=Gul agha;6637]Ehsan bayat Modeer Bunyad Bayat,Television Ariana, wa Afghanistani wireless ast.[/quote]
I heard he's involved in lots of charity activities in Afghanistan. Is it true?

#15 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:38 AM

yeah thats true

#16 User is offline   Nilab Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

[quote=rooyintan;6483]Bayat are one of the original 24 Oghuz tribes. They arrived in Persia, Central Asia, Transcaucasia, Anatolia as part of the Seljuqs 11th century and second wave came as part of the Mongol army 13th century, today there are still the original Bayats known as bayad in Mongolia.
http://www.joshuapro...=101168&rog3=MG

Bayats(originally known as Bayad) are infact closely related to Afshar(originally known as Avshar) and Seljuq(aka Saljuq, Seljuk, Selcuk).

Bayat was also one of the original 7 tribes of the Qezelbash/Kizilbash that put Shah Ismail Safavi as Shahanshah of Persia. Other 6 tribes were Ustajlu, Dhul-Qadr, Rumlu, Shamlu, Afshar, Qajar. These seven tribes Bayats came to Persia & Azerbaijan from Eastern Anatolia. To weaken the Qezelbash power Shah Abbas I(the Great) moved some of the Afshars to northern khorasan ie.Dargaz,Kalat; Bayats to Neishabour & Sabzevar; Qajars to Astarabad.

Bayats were main rivals of the Afshars in Khorasan. Nader Shah killed some of their chiefs for betraying him. Nader Shah Afshar then brought Bayats to Afghanistan.

Bayats in Iran are bi-lingual speak Farsi as well as Azeri. I had a neighbour who was a bayat from Neishabour he spoke Azeri as his motherlongue, but because bayats live in Khorasan their dialect is quite different from other azeri people from Zanjan,Tabriz,Ardebil,Urumiyeh,etc.

Bayats who have been living in Mashhad or Tehran for several generations obviously speak only Persian these days. But if they're first generation Bayat from an original location of Bayat like Sabzevar or Neishabour they speak Azeri.
http://www.spongobon.../nm/eme9973.htm

As for bayads of India I don't known how they got there perhaps by the Qotbshahi or maybe the Mughals.
http://www.joshuapro...=111488&rog3=IN[/quote]

but are the bayat people originally turkish or from mongolia:S?

#17 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:24 PM

[quote=Nilab;6687]but are the bayat people originally turkish or from mongolia:S?[/quote]

The Turks are not from Mongolia but they are close related to Mongols with whom they share the same ancestors. The Turks are from Altai

Posted Image

look also in Wikipedia abt Altai. the Mongols lived outside of altai. Turks and Mongols share the same ancestors, are related by language with eachother and share also the same life-style, nomadism. And many other things. Central Asians turks have still east-asian features while Turks in Anatolia (Turkey) are only ''turks'' by language, also they identify themself with those barbaric mongolic looking invaders that ruled modern Turkey for 1000 years. In fact they are decandants of the pre-islamic/turkic population of modern Turkey. Balkanese, greecs, italians, makedons...with some lesser Persians/Tajiks and Arabs. However, modern Bayats are ''ethnically'' and culturally plus by linguistic persianized ''Turks'', mostly. In HazaraJat, they have adopted back their east-asian phenotyp from some Hazara Persians while they are in culture and language still Persians/Tajiks.

#18 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

[quote=Nilab;6687]but are the bayat people originally turkish or from mongolia:S?[/quote]

Turkic/Altaic origins, but some Bayad were soldiers in Mongol army.
Actually majority of Mongol army were Turkic(Uighur,Tatar,Naiman,Kara-Tatar,Kara-Khitan,Khitan,Kerait,other Turkic people).

For example: Teymour(Tamerlame was from Barlas clan of the Tatars),Jalayirs(were also a clan of Tatars). The term Tatar referred to any non-Muslim Turkic person while Turkmen refered to a Muslim Turk. But do keep in mind that Teymour's ancestors had long before him converted to Islam, so did Jalayirs and Bayads. But in Timurid period a muslim turk was no longer referred to as Turkmen, Teymour and his decendents still refered to themselves as Tatar. With the start of 16th century a new name was invented Uzbek refering to Tatars who were descendants of Uzbek Khan a descendant of Genghis Khan.

#19 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

Nilab sis....welcome on this forum! Its nice that you research things!
But if you...speak Farsi...and want...cities like Herat, Balkh, Kabul etc etc. dont be part of Afghanistan etc.
Then you are just Persian/Tajik..... :)

#20 User is offline   Nilab Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:41 PM

[quote=Rostam;6882]Nilab sis....welcome on this forum! Its nice that you research things!
But if you...speak Farsi...and want...cities like Herat, Balkh, Kabul etc etc. dont be part of Afghanistan etc.
Then you are just Persian/Tajik..... :) [/quote]

thanks
huh but what do you mean with that sentence?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users