Tajiks Worldwide Community: What alphabet do you perfer for Persian - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What alphabet do you perfer for Persian Rate Topic: -----

Poll: What alphabet do you perfer for Persian? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

What alphabet do you perfer for Persian?

1. Arabic (17 votes [38.64%])

Percentage of vote: 38.64%

2. Latin (8 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Cyrillic (3 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

4. Arabic (modified) (11 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. other (5 votes [11.36%])

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   MH.nezhadaria Icon

• PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:14 AM

dorood bar nastoh hane gerami .
agar betawanim vazhehaye tazi ra az zabaneman biroon konim ke kheili khoob mishavad . ke shaiad dabireye irani betavanad aghazi baraye in kar bashad .
sepas

#22 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

[quote=MH.nezhadaria;8155]dorood bar nastoh hane gerami .
agar betawanim vazhehaye tazi ra az zabaneman biroon konim ke kheili khoob mishavad . ke shaiad dabireye irani betavanad aghazi baraye in kar bashad .
sepas[/quote]

How can we have one language rather than purify it!! this is the main issue not purification. At the moment we see alot of different words we use in Tajikistan, Iran and Afghanistan.

#23 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

Dorood RK jan,

Although, I agree with you that unity among us, Persians of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan is foremost priority because it has been retarded, but preservation of our language is also vital. It is very difficult to obtain unity if our language will be under foreign languages' pressure and we end up with difficulty understanding each other. Language is one of the prime factors we know that we have one history, culture and values. If our language will be bombarded and we will have difficulty understanding each other, then our unity will be more difficult. Therefore, I urge people to consider purification of Persian language in their conversations as the vital factor in uniting us. They, Persian words, are all sweet and meaningful than those of foreign words. However, I acknowledge that it is difficult but it's possible.

Here is useful link for that: http://parsilive.blogfa.com/

Bedrood,

Pors.

#24 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=PORS;8705]Dorood RK jan,

Although, I agree with you that unity among us, Persians of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan is foremost priority because it has been retarded, but preservation of our language is also vital. It is very difficult to obtain unity if our language will be under foreign languages' pressure and we end up with difficulty understanding each other. Language is one of the prime factors we know that we have one history, culture and values. If our language will be bombarded and we will have difficulty understanding each other, then our unity will be more difficult. Therefore, I urge people to consider purification of Persian language in their conversations as the vital factor in uniting us. They, Persian words, are all sweet and meaningful than those of foreign words. However, I acknowledge that it is difficult but it's possible.

Here is useful link for that: http://parsilive.blogfa.com/

Bedrood,

Pors.[/QUOTE]

Dear Pors jan,

Yes, i am with you. but we have got alot of different problems in where we live. i put unification before purification because that is important for us right now. i also understand that purification is important. if we have unification we can easily understand each other without any difficulty. There are alot arabic words in our farsi, if we want to purify those words in a very revolutionary way, then it will take alot of our energy and time, and that will slightly aleniate the future generations from the work of Saddi,Hafiz Mulana Balkhi, Nasir Khesraw balkhi, Rodaki and others who each of them have alot of arabic vocabulary in their poetry. instead if we concentrate on how we can use the same vocabulary all of us, it will be a very first and fundemantal step towards purification. take a look at english, it is a universal language and have got loads of vocuabularies from latin, french, german etc. on the other hand if we see Turkish language, they have tried alot to purify it, but still their langage has never gone out of their own circle.

#25 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

http://asiaplus.tj/t...s/42/34019.html

??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , - ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ???

03.07.2008 14:26

??? ? ??? : ??? ? ??? ? ???
??? ? ??? . 3- ??? ??? . ?? ??? ?- ??? ? - ??? ?? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?. ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? .
??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ???, - ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?. - ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??, ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?.
??? ??? ??, ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? , ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?, ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? 80%-? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ???, ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???, - ??? ? ?. ??? ? ??? .
??? ??? ? ??? ??, ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?, ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?, ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ?, ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? 22 ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??, ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?.

#26 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=Dushanbe;11008]http://asiaplus.tj/t...s/42/34019.html

??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , - ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ???

03.07.2008 14:26

??? ? ??? : ??? ? ??? ? ???
??? ? ??? . 3- ??? ??? . ?? ??? ?- ??? ? - ??? ?? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?. ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? .
??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ???, - ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?. - ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ??, ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ??? ?.
??? ??? ??, ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? , ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?, ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? 80%-? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ???, ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? , ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ???, - ??? ? ?. ??? ? ??? .
??? ??? ? ??? ??, ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?, ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ?, ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ? ??? ?, ?? ??? ? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? 22 ??? ? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??, ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ? ??? ?.[/QUOTE]

Dushanbe,

Can you translate it for the rest of us?

I understand that the Arabic script leaves out all of the vowels - but what other reasons are there in this professors argument about the unsuitability of Arabic script.

Thanks

#27 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

My trasliteration

Imrooz dar Ittifoqi zhurnalistoni Tojikiston vokhurii professori kafedrai zhurnalistikai Donishgohi davlatii millii Tojikistion Ibrohim Usmonov bo rohbaroni vositai akhborii ommai chopii Tojikistion barguzor gasht. Dar muloqot masalai guzashtan az khati kirilli ba alifboi arabi muhokima shud.
- Alifboi arabi talaboti zaboni tojikiro purra qone sokhta nametavonad, zero tooli besh az hazor sol in khat dar zaboni tojiki istifoda shudaast, vale on nozukihoi zaboni tojikiro purra ifoda karda natavonist. izhor dosht olim, - Peshnihodi chande az namoyandagoni ziyoiyoni jomea dar borai guzashtan ba alifboi arabi nodurustand va ilova bar in, hej zarurate dar in kor nest.
- Aqidai on, ki bo guzashtan ba alifboi arabi mo bo osori guzashtagonu omuzishi ilm bo zaboni asl shinos meshavem, asosi voqei nadorand, zero taqriban 80%-i merosi zarurii khattii niyogonamon ba alifboi kirilli bargardonida shudaast va mutakhassison vazifadorand bo khati tojiki, ki ba alifboi arabi asos yoftaast, oshnoi doshta boshand, guft I. Usmonov.
- Dar mavridi on, ki bo guzashtan ba alifboi arabi gooyo mo bo mardumi digari forsizaboni jahon nazdiku qarin megardem, olim izhor dosht, ki khalqhoro hukumatho mavjuda ba ham nazdik mesozand, na khatu alifbo va chun namuna 22 kishvari jahoni arabro misol ovard, ki bo yak zabon harf mezanandu vale muttahid shuda nametavonand.

#28 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=Dushanbe;11020]My trasliteration

Imrooz dar Ittifoqi zhurnalistoni Tojikiston vokhurii professori kafedrai zhurnalistikai Donishgohi davlatii millii Tojikistion Ibrohim Usmonov bo rohbaroni vositai akhborii ommai chopii Tojikistion barguzor gasht. Dar muloqot masalai guzashtan az khati kirilli ba alifboi arabi muhokima shud.
- Alifboi arabi talaboti zaboni tojikiro purra qone sokhta nametavonad, zero tooli besh az hazor sol in khat dar zaboni tojiki istifoda shudaast, vale on nozukihoi zaboni tojikiro purra ifoda karda natavonist. izhor dosht olim, - Peshnihodi chande az namoyandagoni ziyoiyoni jomea dar borai guzashtan ba alifboi arabi nodurustand va ilova bar in, hej zarurate dar in kor nest.
- Aqidai on, ki bo guzashtan ba alifboi arabi mo bo osori guzashtagonu omuzishi ilm bo zaboni asl shinos meshavem, asosi voqei nadorand, zero taqriban 80%-i merosi zarurii khattii niyogonamon ba alifboi kirilli bargardonida shudaast va mutakhassison vazifadorand bo khati tojiki, ki ba alifboi arabi asos yoftaast, oshnoi doshta boshand, guft I. Usmonov.
- Dar mavridi on, ki bo guzashtan ba alifboi arabi gooyo mo bo mardumi digari forsizaboni jahon nazdiku qarin megardem, olim izhor dosht, ki khalqhoro hukumatho mavjuda ba ham nazdik mesozand, na khatu alifbo va chun namuna 22 kishvari jahoni arabro misol ovard, ki bo yak zabon harf mezanandu vale muttahid shuda nametavonand.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I agree with the view that the Arabic script does not allow for all of the nuances in the Persian language to be written down - the lacking vowels has probably contributed to the widening of the pronunciation differences.

His last point is that he rejects the notion that adopting Arabic alphabet will ensure the strengthening of the Persian speaking world and says that it is government that can do that only - citing the example of the Arabic speaking nations - despite having the same language and script are not united politically since their governments are not keen on wider Arab unity. To this point I would say that should the Arab governments adopt a line of Arab unity - then the fact that they already acknowledge that they all have the same language and they all use the same script - their job of bringing about unity would be that much easier. So in that line of thinking there is still good justification for the adopting a common script amongst all Persian speakers - but since the Arabic script does have some shortcomings - the question is raised as to which common script ought to be adopted by all Persian countries?

Here again a good outcome would be the adopting of Latin in lieu of Cyrillic in Tajikistan and the teaching of Arabic alphabet to ensure recognition of Arabic script Persian writing fro Afghanistan and Iran. In addition to that - the teaching of Latin alphabet to children of Afghanistan and Iran in order to ensure recognition of Latin script Persian writing from Tajikistan.

This would mean that all Persian speakers will get to benefit from the versatility of the Latin script - without loosing the ability to read Persian Arabic script as it has been used for such a long period in our history.

Ahhangar

#29 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:47 PM

By supporting the above said, I would like to say them this way:

If to look at EU, we see that in spite of having different languages, they managed to create a Union. They are all NATO countries and allies. The main reason for this unification is their ideology: they share common values and democratic, liberal views.

The opposite is Arabic countries. In spite of having a common language and script they are not united and unprotected. If one of them attacked, none will come for help. And their unification in the near future is very doubtful.
Arabic script was forced on us and our scholars had to use this script in spite of all its shortages. We have used Arabic script for more than 1000 years, but this script could not save all the nuances of our language and we do not know how certain words were pronounced a long time ago. For this reason we need to record our written language so that after 1000 years the people could know exactly how we pronounced the words.

Additionally, every scholar in Tajikistan who is involved in research of linguistics, literature and history are obliged to know Arabic script. Knowing Arabic script and being able to read Persian is obligatory for these researchers in Tajikistan.

What about Latin script, I think we will definitely transform to it after 6-10 years, maybe. Cyrillic has less benefit to us in comparison to the benefit that Latin will give.

Some benefits:
1. Latin is easier than Cyrillic (bigger difference between handwritten and typed language/script)
2. It is being taught anyways. The students start having English lessons from the first grade.
3. It is used by many countries already.
4. It will become easier for foreigners to learn our language.
5. The other Persian speaking peoples will be able to read it. We have a lot of Iranian and Afghanistani students in our country and they face a lot of difficulties because of the script. The change of script into Latin will increase their numbers in our universities. (From Afghanistan they usually come to do PhD, because we have agreements between Russia and other former Soviet countries to recognize each others degrees and these degrees are recognized worldwide).
6. Being in a foreign country, my computer has no Cyrillic and I will have to type everything in Latin.
7. Etc.

#30 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=Dushanbe;11026]By supporting the above said, I would like to say them this way:

If to look at EU, we see that in spite of having different languages, they managed to create a Union. They are all NATO countries and allies. The main reason for this unification is their ideology: they share common values and democratic, liberal views.

The opposite is Arabic countries. In spite of having a common language and script they are not united and unprotected. If one of them attacked, none will come for help. And their unification in the near future is very doubtful.
Arabic script was forced on us and our scholars had to use this script in spite of all its shortages. We have used Arabic script for more than 1000 years, but this script could not save all the nuances of our language and we do not know how certain words were pronounced a long time ago. For this reason we need to record our written language so that after 1000 years the people could know exactly how we pronounced the words.

Additionally, every scholar in Tajikistan who is involved in research of linguistics, literature and history are obliged to know Arabic script. Knowing Arabic script and being able to read Persian is obligatory for these researchers in Tajikistan.

What about Latin script, I think we will definitely transform to it after 6-10 years, maybe. Cyrillic has less benefit to us in comparison to the benefit that Latin will give.

Some benefits:
1. Latin is easier than Cyrillic (bigger difference between handwritten and typed language/script)
2. It is being taught anyways. The students start having English lessons from the first grade.
3. It is used by many countries already.
4. It will become easier for foreigners to learn our language.
5. The other Persian speaking peoples will be able to read it. We have a lot of Iranian and Afghanistani students in our country and they face a lot of difficulties because of the script. The change of script into Latin will increase their numbers in our universities. (From Afghanistan they usually come to do PhD, because we have agreements between Russia and other former Soviet countries to recognize each others degrees and these degrees are recognized worldwide).
6. Being in a foreign country, my computer has no Cyrillic and I will have to type everything in Latin.
7. Etc.[/QUOTE]

Dear Dushanbe,

You mentioned that there are many PhD students from Iran and Afghanistan in your country, which is very interesting. I was wondering if you could elaborate on it a bit - it seems a great way to raise mutual understanding of each other - especially amongst the intellectual elite of the three countries.

Iran as I understand it has many great institutions of learning and the adoption of teaching the Arabic alphabet to the students in Tajikistan would greatly help their problems should they wish to pursue studies in Iran. Iranian degrees are highly prized - especially if they are from the top institutions of that country.

Ahhangar

#31 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:04 AM

That is rights. I read in an article about a month ago that there are over 400 students from Iran. I do not know how many students from Afghanistan are there in Tajikistan, but there are many. I watched on tv bout Afghanistani PhD students over a year ago.
They usually do PhD in history, political studies, literature, and related fields. And, for this reason (growing numbers), the Iranian university "Payami Nur" is going to open its branch in Dushanbe soon.

Why in Tajikistan?

I suppose:
For Afghanistanis: it is more prestigious,
For Iranians: it is easier in Tajikistan (to do - to defend). Additionally, they are showing interest about the history of Central Asia and Tajiks and they come for research. Some of the do the research in Tajikistan and Defend it in Iran.

Iran has 100 scholarships for Tajikistani students and every year 100 students are sent for the study (of course they learn Persian script before going). Before there was 50, but last year our president requested from Iranian president to increase the number to 100. He agreed.

[QUOTE=Ahhangar;11032]Dear Dushanbe,

You mentioned that there are many PhD students from Iran and Afghanistan in your country, which is very interesting. I was wondering if you could elaborate on it a bit - it seems a great way to raise mutual understanding of each other - especially amongst the intellectual elite of the three countries.

Iran as I understand it has many great institutions of learning and the adoption of teaching the Arabic alphabet to the students in Tajikistan would greatly help their problems should they wish to pursue studies in Iran. Iranian degrees are highly prized - especially if they are from the top institutions of that country.

Ahhangar[/QUOTE]

#32 User is offline   Arash Icon

• PipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

[QUOTE=Dushanbe;11041] the Iranian university "Payami Nur"
.[/QUOTE]

OMG :D

that is like the McDonalds of Universities, the results for my Koncur are coming soon... i will kill myself if i only get accepted to that university:D

the university is also very very religious

#33 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

[QUOTE=Arash;11042]OMG :D

that is like the McDonalds of Universities, the results for my Koncur are coming soon... i will kill myself if i only get accepted to that university:D

[/QUOTE]

Is it from happiness or sadness? :)

#34 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=Rika Khana;11046]Is it from happiness or sadness? :) [/QUOTE]
I heard from my Iranian friend that it is a bad university

#35 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=Dushanbe;11047]I heard from my Iranian friend that it is a bad university[/QUOTE]

Do you know if it is located in Tehran?

#36 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

I hope Arash will answer this question.

[QUOTE=Rika Khana;11051]Do you know if it is located in Tehran?[/QUOTE]

#37 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:39 AM

Payam e Noor is basically broadcasting long-distance education ("watered down") at the University level in classes where, besides the chairs, there is only a TV screen :D - It has no location, it can be wherever you can get the TV broadcasts.
[QUOTE=Rika Khana;11051]Do you know if it is located in Tehran?[/QUOTE]

#38 User is offline   Afrasiab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:52 AM

I know this professor. He is the hater of Iran. He regulary criticizes the Persian alphabet and Iran. What Iran and Iranians have made with him and why he so hates them, I cannot understand.((

#39 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=Afrasiab;11070]I know this professor. He is the hater of Iran. He regulary criticizes the Persian alphabet and Iran. What Iran and Iranians have made with him and why he so hates them, I cannot understand.(([/QUOTE]

Is he Tajik?

#40 User is offline   Afrasiab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=Rika Khana;11071]Is he Tajik?[/QUOTE]

He is khujandi Tajik. Maybe he has relation with Uzbeks. He wrote many books (very valuable books) about history of our nation. But he always tries to divide Tajiks and Persians, as two different people. He sure, that if we shall start to name ourselves Persians then our enemies begin declare that we came from Iran and we are not local people in Central Asia, i.e. he speaks bosh.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users