Tajiks Worldwide Community: Who Is Your Favorite Tajik Personality? - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Who Is Your Favorite Tajik Personality? Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Faridun Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

[quote=Rostam;7361]Brothar......you are also my favourite with this mentality :)
But point is ...that majority of us :( ....specially Tajiks of Afghanistan! Its just too sad for words!

Hassani gerami, I just want to meet you....so we can talk live :)
Probably that will be in 2010 ;) ....if both of us...alive!
You are a great patriot and person![/quote]

Thanks, brother! It doesnt matter where you are from. That you are tajik and are from my BLOOD is important for both of us. Dont let the warrior of sadnees win your tajik strong will and faith.
I also want to meet you and talk. Whenever you come to your MOTHERLAND- Tajikistan I am at your service.
I look forward to see you.

#42 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:45 AM

Dear Rostam,

It depends how you define the term. What is 'patriotism' to you? Do you paint it in religious colors as well as some do? How do you think a patriot should defend his land?

One of our shortcomings in this kind of discos is absolutism and declaring 'the final truth' that no-one has ever reached thus far. That's why I asked you to concentrate on things that unite us, rather than devide since
Ma baraye wasl kardan amadem
Ne baraye fasl kardan amadem.

So do not 'fasl' please under a certain understanding of a term.

[quote=Rostam;7368]Dear Darius,

I absolutely do not agree....with NOT dividing into patriots and non-patriots!
I do believe we should NOT divide....due to...personal believe, looks or whatever!

But yes we have to divide into PATRIOSM!

The patriot Persian/Tajik is ALIVE and PROUD....the non-patriot is DEATH and ASHAMED!
Thats the difference![/quote]

#43 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

Dooste Gerami, PORS: Very well said !

I might even add that religion is made up of misconceptions due to the lack of wisdom, insight, and real knowledge in the human beings who interpret it. This is really the sad part, otherwise spirituality is the best antidote to many of our ills, but we need to understand it thoroughly and from within.

However, to each their own interpreatation. I am fine with that as long as no one uses violence or coercion to impose upon others. Believe in what you like ! In fact, why not believe even in fairy tales, that is what children do, and they are quite happy because of it !!!

[quote=PORS;7353]After all, I found two things about us. First, one that separates us; and this is religious misconception. Second, one that unites us; and this is our wisdom and knowledge that we use quite seldom.[/quote]

#44 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:22 AM

Dorood All,

There are two Tajik popular names that, I guess, represented Tajik resistance against Arab? rule some centuries ago. One is Hamza Pesar e Azarak e Sistaani and the other is Ibn e Moqne. I wonder if anyone has any information on either of the two. Perhaps Rooyintanjon is able to help.

Pedrood

#45 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:34 AM

[quote=Hassani Sabboh;7348]Seeing your post I find that all of your onrushes on Abu Muslim and Hassani Sabbah are based on your negative relation to one thing - Islam. You dont even take into account a small piece of their deeds for the sake of persians and their services for the favour of persians. Please, take it easy. To be mavaly is not a sin and dont humiliate a person who suffered a lot from being mavali. And as a wise man you must not condemn person because of his social status. If you want to find betrayers I wiil show them to you. The first it was Yazdigurd himself who had his empire corrupted and preversed, upholded only the interests of his bearuacracy, separated himself from the rest of his people, made stupid and needles wars, imposed high taxes on dehqans for filling his pocket which undermined his authority, strengthened the protest of the people, betrayed the hope and wishes of persians according to which he should have been the servant of the people. To cut it short He only He with his beruacracy destroyed the stability and economical welfare of persian society which could not stand the invasion and fell to arab bedouins. How can you be proud of such a man? Now I know that it has become the mode to condemn arabs and islam in every dirty crimes, but they never ask themselves why such a great empire with monoteistic religion could not resist the ignorant and uncivilised bedouin tribes? Why?? But they dont see their past shortcomings and guilts and put the guilt on Salman Farsi and a tiny number of so called persian betrayers. If it had been a great empire It would not habe been coleapsed because of two or three betrayers.
We must analyze everything with a open mind and objectively, not from our emotions.
Regarding Abu Muslim Khorassani I told you that the ideological atmosphere cold not enable the opressed persian people to take their own under the cloack of Zoroastrizm. Zoroastrizm had already lost its past purity because of mags who were the counterpart of nowadays akhunds and mullas. At that time Islam was a newly appeared ideology without mags-mullas-akhunds which could persuade arabs to the great sacrafices. That is why all of persian revolt with zoroastrian ideas cold not achieve their aims and were easily destroyed.
And you keep saying that Abu Muslim killed mags. He did a great work. You think that there is a difference between those mags and nowadays mullahs and akhunds? ??? ?
You are mistaken. All of them are of one nature, but their means of deceiving and oppressing the people(I mean religion) have different colour. Abu Muslim knew the wicked nature of mags=mullas and saved this world from their burden. That is why your argument cannot find support in the eyes of the wise men.
Abu Muslim tore Umayad khaliphate into pieces and wanted to separete persians from arab dictatorship. But you say that he did it only for himself. How do you know that? How can you prove this? Were you with him at that time?
But lets suppose that He did it only for satisfying his arrogance. Was it not good for persians to live under arrogant persian rather than being slaves of arabs???
And else. There is no logic in your thoughts. You condemn Abu Muslim according to the criteries which Samanids did not lack. But samanids are respected by you. They also obeyed arabs, but when they began separatist actions arabs destroyed them wih the help of the turks.
About hasshish. On the basis of what sources you bravely claim that? You didnt even disapprove my arguments above? Dont use your fantazy and bring me relieble evidences and valid arguments! Here what Anthony Campball, a historian writes:

""""The Assassins were a heretical Islamic sect. They were a potent source of myth and legends; this emerges in an imaginative account written by Marco Polo, who visited the site of their castle at Alamut in Iran just after its destruction by the Mongols. He repeats the legend of how the future assassins were supposedly prepared for their missions by being drugged with hashish, brought into a secret pleasure garden, and told they had visited Paradise, to which they would return if they were killed in action.
By the time Marco Polo reached Alamut, the prevailing view of the sect as supremely wicked yet dangerously alluring was already well established in people's minds. Alamut was already well past its heyday when it fell to the Mongols, but the legend of depravity and license had arisen much earlier, when the castle was the centre of a widespread and, from the orthodox point of view, most dangerous heresy.
Even before Marco Polo, the West had encountered the Assassins through their Syrian branch, which was known to the Crusaders. The great contemporary historian of the Crusades, William of Tyre, had written about them in a way that reveals a fair amount of understanding, and a remarkable embassy from the Assassins had gone to the King of Jerusalem offering their conversion to Christianity. At one time the Syrian Assassins were in loose alliance with the Franks against Saladin, whom they attempted more than once to murder, though later -- and especially after the fall of Jerusalem to Saladin in 1187 -- they took part in the Muslim struggle against the Franks. In 1192 Conrad of Montferrat was murdered by men disguised as monks, and it is generally supposed that these were Assassins, though the English King Richard I has also been suspected of instigating the murder. From this time on, it seems, the Crusaders, already severely demoralised by the loss of Jerusalem, became more fearful of the Assassins, to whom they ascribed devilish cunning, a mastery of disguise, and a knowledge of various Frankish languages.

Stories such as these made up the legend of the Assassins that persisted in the West until quite recently. In the nineteenth century a Viennese amateur historian called von Hammer Purgstall wrote a book about the Assassins in which he ascribed to them, if not quite every conceivable form of infamy, at least most of those that could be openly referred to in print at the time. Whenever more than one possible interpretation of a statement or event existed, von Hammer automatically preferred the one that showed the Assassins in the worst possible light. His motive in writing seems to have been as much to emphasize the wickedness of all secret societies (including the Jesuits and Freemasons of his day) as to make a historical study of the Assassins, and his book has little historical value; nevertheless, it remained the standard reference work on the sect as late as the 1930s, when Freya Stark went to Alamut.
Since that time, however, much new information has come to light, some of it material preserved by descendants of the Assassins themselves. This has been extensively studied and edited by the Russian scholar W. Ivanow, who apparently has had access to a large number of documents and manuscripts that are not generally available. The other main authority on the sect is the American M.G.S. Hodgson.

From all this modern scholarship has emerged a picture of the Assassins which, if it lacks some of the lurid qualities of the legend, has at least the merit of credibility. Moreover, the truth turns out to be more enthralling than the fiction. No longer can we believe in the Old Man of the Mountain hatching his evil plots and sending forth his murderous emissaries drugged with hashish. Such a state of mind hardly seems compatible with the legendary accomplishments of the assassins -- their superlative cunning, patience, knowledge of languages, and so forth -- and in any case our modern experience of terrorism does not suggest that its perpetrators require any narcotic stronger than fanaticism itself. Besides, if the claims of modern users of hashish are to be believed, the effects of the drug tend more towards pacificism than murderousness. But there is no real evidence that the Assassins used hashish at all, at least for this purpose. (It is possible that they used it as a psychedelic agent for religious reasons, but that is another matter.) The term "hashishin", from which our word Assassin probably derives, was not used by members of the sect themselves but was a nickname applied by their enemies; even so, it was not in common use. The usual names for the Assassins were "esotericists" (batinis), Isma'ilis, or Nizaris.

My friend, make your emotion be the servant of your mind. Ther is no logic in your words: you condemn persian AbuMuslim in being mavali but at the same time you praise seljukid turks in flourishing of not persian-zoroastrian culture, but of persian-muslim culture. There is no difference between them and Abu Muslim. Both of them were muslims. But the priveleige of Abu Muslim is to have been true persian. No logic.
You say that Seljukid did not destroy persian culture. Monghols also did not do that, They even adapted to the culture. But before that they had cut millions of persian head off. I mean dont mix political, military and economical issues with the cultural one. The turks had not their own great culture and this persuaded them to get adapted to persian one and to promote its flourishing.
But at the same time millions of persians suffered under the oppresion of turks, millions were tortured, millions were deprived of their lands for the favour of turkish soldiers.

And only the clean and soft heart of Hassani Sabbah could perseive the great pain of the persians, the big economical and moral burden on the back of the oppressed persians. He only He handed his hand to persians to reliefe their sufferings with a smiling face and kind eyes.

And you,after many years, allow your tounge utter such bad words about him?! You have lost your way and you need to be saved from the instigation of those people who khow nothing to do but, sitting in the warm place with a fed stomach, accuse such great men like Hassani Sabbah and Abu Muslim in murdering and drugging. I hope God will not let ahriman to lead you to the wrong way and will show you the right path.[/quote]

All I said is that just like you who have Abu Muslim and Hasan Sabah as your heros, I have my own. Just because I disagree with you about considering those two as being heros does not mean my saying don't make sense.

I'm not supporting Sasanid Emperors, in fact I only like two of them Shapur I and Yazdgird I as these two just like Cyrus the Great were tolerant rulers.

About Seljuqs I balanced all the goods and all the bads they did. Goods were the most than bad. Persian Culture flourished under them.

Abu Moslem ruled for 5 years maybe it was too little time to do anything about reviving persian culture but during that 5 years he killed so many innocent zoroastrians and mazdakites.

Let me just conclude this discussion here...

My favourite pre-Islamic heros are: Cyrus the Great, Arsaces I, Mithridates the Great, Surena.

My favourite midieval heros are: Buyid brothers, Yaqub Lais Saffar, Shah Ismail Samani, Babak Khorramdin, Mardavij Ziyar, Maziyar Qaren, Ostad Sis, Moqana,Sundpadh, Ishak Turk.

My favourite modern heros are: Pesyan, Mossadegh, Ahmad Shah Masood.

I have others too(some viziers, poets, literary figures, other statesmen and military people) but these people I listed were the greatest for what they did for Iranzameen and Persian Culture.

#46 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:36 AM

[quote=Neo Bactra;7385]Dorood All,

There are two Tajik popular names that, I guess, represented Tajik resistance against Arab? rule some centuries ago. One is Hamza Pesar e Azarak e Sistaani and the other is Ibn e Moqne. I wonder if anyone has any information on either of the two. Perhaps Rooyintanjon is able to help.

Pedrood[/quote]

I think Hamza after a long struggle retreated to a city called Gardez in south of Afghanistan and it is still got the same name. The persian speakers of Gardiz, i believe to be the offsprings/troops of this great man.

#47 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

[quote=Rika Khana;7357]That is the most stupid of us to be divided because of religion. it doesnt matter what we believe but should still stick toghether. we have to respect each other and our beliefs to achieve this unity.[/quote]

Rika Khana jan,

I totally agree with you. Persian Unity is first priority and is the only way to bring success.

#48 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:41 AM

[quote=Nader Shah;7380]Dooste Gerami, PORS: Very well said !

I might even add that religion is made up of misconceptions due to the lack of wisdom, insight, and real knowledge in the human beings who interpret it. This is really the sad part, otherwise spirituality is the best antidote to many of our ills, but we need to understand it thoroughly and from within.

However, to each their own interpreatation. I am fine with that as long as no one uses violence or coercion to impose upon others. Believe in what you like ! In fact, why not believe even in fairy tales, that is what children do, and they are quite happy because of it !!![/quote]

Nader Shah e Gol,

I totally agree with you. I can see and feel "pendar-e Nik, goftar-e Nik, kerdar-nik" in your words. You are a true son of Iran o Khorasan Zameen.

#49 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:44 AM

[quote=Neo Bactra;7385]Dorood All,

Pedrood[/quote]

Sorry people I never heard of this person. If anyone has details please post and I'll be glad to know about him.

#50 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:02 AM

[quote=Rika Khana;7393]I think Hamza after a long struggle retreated to a city called Gardez in south of Afghanistan and it is still got the same name. The persian speakers of Gardiz, i believe to be the offsprings/troops of this great man.[/quote]

Sepaas Rika Khana Jan, it was interesting. I am still looking around to see if I can get more information about him. Thanks again.

#51 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:04 AM

[quote=Darius;7366]Hassane Sabbah, Rostam, Rooyintan, Pors and all other Persian/Iranian participants of this thread. I love you all as my next of kins and my patriot brothers. That's why I'd like to ask some of you to restrain from deviding us into patriots vs non-patriots, islamophils vs islamophobes etc. The only thing we need right now is unity against those who hate all of us regardless of our stance. And I'd love to see all of you in 2010 as proposed by Rostam-jan. All the best dustane gerami.[/quote]

Nicely put. Bravo! It just looks very inspiring to see all Tajik posters treating each other with respect and affection. That's what takes to be a Tajik/Persian--tolerance and respectfulness. However, in Afghanistan, Tajiks will do better if they come across as Abu Muslim Khorasani, Babak, Hasan Sabah, Cyrus, Yaqbob Lais Safar, Massoud, and RUSTAM. Their tolerance is always exploilted by Pashtons in the name of Islam and patriotism. So let's be Rumi in love and Rustam in wars. And let's be both at the same time. Let's learn to never compromise one for the other.

#52 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:25 PM

Thanks Neo Bactra. But what I meant was a bit different. I am not advocating compromise with our adversaries in Afghanistan or elsewhere. I just don't like the way we divide ourselves - Tajiks (Persians) even here, just because our visions on some topics don't match each other. I'm sure all Persians in the forum are somehow concerned over their nation's future. That's the reason they take part in discussions. So, it's better to attract more of them whatever religion/belief they stick to. All of them are patriots deep in their hearts. That's why be careful when alleging that some of us in here are patriots and some are not. It's better to have reasonable discourses rather than accusing each other of lack of vigour, patriotism etc. and shaping tiny 'fractions of patriots' by dismissing our real strength in unity.

All the best

[quote=Neo Bactra;7402]Nicely put. Bravo! It just looks very inspiring to see all Tajik posters treating each other with respect and affection. That's what takes to be a Tajik/Persian--tolerance and respectfulness. However, in Afghanistan, Tajiks will do better if they come across as Abu Muslim Khorasani, Babak, Hasan Sabah, Cyrus, Yaqbob Lais Safar, Massoud, and RUSTAM. Their tolerance is always exploilted by Pashtons in the name of Islam and patriotism. So let's be Rumi in love and Rustam in wars. And let's be both at the same time. Let's learn to never compromise one for the other.[/quote]

#53 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

[quote=Darius;7418] I just don't like the way we divide ourselves - Tajiks (Persians) even here, just because our visions on some topics don't match each other. I'm sure all Persians in the forum are somehow concerned over their nation's future. That's the reason they take part in discussions. So, it's better to attract more of them whatever religion/belief they stick to. All of them are patriots deep in their hearts. That's why be careful when alleging that some of us in here are patriots and some are not. It's better to have reasonable discourses rather than accusing each other of lack of vigour, patriotism etc. and shaping tiny 'fractions of patriots' by dismissing our real strength in unity.

All the best[/quote]

Very Mature.

#54 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:54 PM

There should be no division based on....crap and bullshit!
But yes...there should be competition in patriotism! ;)

#55 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

[quote=Darius;7418]Thanks Neo Bactra. But what I meant was a bit different. I am not advocating compromise with our adversaries in Afghanistan or elsewhere. I just don't like the way we divide ourselves - Tajiks (Persians) even here, just because our visions on some topics don't match each other. I'm sure all Persians in the forum are somehow concerned over their nation's future. That's the reason they take part in discussions. So, it's better to attract more of them whatever religion/belief they stick to. All of them are patriots deep in their hearts. That's why be careful when alleging that some of us in here are patriots and some are not. It's better to have reasonable discourses rather than accusing each other of lack of vigour, patriotism etc. and shaping tiny 'fractions of patriots' by dismissing our real strength in unity.

All the best[/quote]

Respectable Darius,
In fact, I had quoted you in my previous post due to your fine message. I also added a short note of my own observation of Tajiks' attitude and behavior with respect to their collective identity as Tajiks. That had nothing to do with the message that was contained in your quoted post. Thus, your post quoted here is the result of your own inference which I can only see how irrelevant it is to what I was implying. I only use "Tajiks/Persians" to include "Persians of Iran" (I assume you are from Iran) in my messages. And I do so because I believe the Iranian Persians might not easily identify with the word "Tajik" as the name of their identity. It is simply of out of good will. From now on, however, I will only use the term Tajiks to mean Tajiks of all countries including Iranian Persians. I will strictly confine my texts to keeping up with the spirit and purpose of the forum and continue to address my Tajik brothers and sisters as Tajiks, without the addition of the term Persians. With all due respect, please refrain from using words such as "allegation", "accusation",etc. Before you put those divisive terms in your post next, please ask for clarification first.

Let me emphasize that Tajiks in Afghanistan do need mobilization. They do need to develope a sense of oneness and solidarity with one another. They need to unite there first before they can "effectively" be equal zealots with their brothers and sisters outside Afghanistan. (And of course they can continue to collaborate with their Tajiks worldwide.) I speak based on my own experiences with Tajiks in Afghanistan. They are not politically active enough. Thus, they are exploited at every turn of political change because they are not unified. They are divided along reglious lines. That needs to be addressed. And hence the need for a strong sense of solidarity among them. Their solidarity and political participation alone will ensure their prosperity and progress, let alone their survival.

Darius, I do believe that you have good intentions. It's your prose that made me conclude that you draw hasty inferece without noticing the context of a poster's content.

Mofaq bashid.

#56 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

actually, the cause why most Persians are Muslims were the Shaffarids and not Abu Muslim or Tahirids. The Shaffirids islamized mio. of Tajiks, specially those in Kabul and Kandahar who were believing in Buddhism

#57 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:15 AM

Shaffirids? Elaborate please.

#58 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

[quote=Parsistani;7439]actually, the cause why most Persians are Muslims were the Shaffarids and not Abu Muslim or Tahirids. The Shaffirids islamized mio. of Tajiks, specially those in Kabul and Kandahar who were believing in Buddhism[/quote]

Safaris? i dont think so, Yaquob was a great tajik hero who revived the tajik/persian pride as it used to be in the past, he even droped arabic as a court language and brought farsi back.

#59 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:42 PM

[quote=Rika Khana;7477]Safaris? i dont think so, Yaquob was a great tajik hero who revived the tajik/persian pride as it used to be in the past, he even droped arabic as a court language and brought farsi back.[/quote]

Of course he was an anti-arabi (as ''shia-muslim'') but he also islamized mio. Tajiks of Khurasan who were buddhists and zoroastrians, specially in the own country Sistan and modern Helmand. He also was the cause of the islamization of Sindh and the islamic Dynasty of so-called Sayyids of Ind (Arabs) who served him as governeurs over modern Pakistan and Punjab. Farsi was never dead nor our culture. Even during Abu Muslim it was used by himself and even by his arabic army (he forced them to speak Farsi). The Tahirids, another great Tajiks who gave persian culture and language again its pride and using instead of arabic as ''court language''. Those older dynasties were the cause of persian renessance. There are a lot lies about the earlier islamic past which are created by so-called new ''zoroastrians'' and those who are from birth against Muslims. Arabic was, like latin in europe, only the language of science and cleric education while Farsi was still used by Persians and those who were nationalistic enough they wrote cassides, shahnama, poems, histories...or do you think Firdowsi and Abbas Merv were creating a new language that is called today as Farsi? Arabs did a lot of bad thinks including killing, looting, buring..the same what their today awghanic sons do but killing a language was and is not able...

#60 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:35 PM

Neo Bactra-ye gerami,

It seems you are the one who's drawing hasty conclusions and even deciding for yourself on my whereabouts. No, I'm from Tajikistan mate. And it is in my habbit to call all Tajiks and Persian-speakers simply "Persian" or Tajik (Persian). "

And ostensibly you have misunderstood me again brother. Next time before quoting me or replying back to my message please try to read and digest it thoroughly. The message was not addressed to you only. I just spoke out and you put forward your view that did not reflect what I meant and I got back again to elaborate it further.

I've been witnessing here divisions like this and that are patriots implying that others should be known as non-patriots. It's a regressive and sectarian approach I believe, definition of the word "partiotism" is quite diverse. I'm well aware of our mobilization problems throughout my country (Iran, "Tajikistan", "Afghanistan", "Uzbekistan"...) and we can overcome them by putting aside this kind of divisions between ourselves with constructive discourses without blaming each other for meagre things.

[quote=Neo Bactra;7434]Respectable Darius,
In fact, I had quoted you in my previous post due to your fine message. I also added a short note of my own observation of Tajiks' attitude and behavior with respect to their collective identity as Tajiks. That had nothing to do with the message that was contained in your quoted post. Thus, your post quoted here is the result of your own inference which I can only see how irrelevant it is to what I was implying. I only use "Tajiks/Persians" to include "Persians of Iran" (I assume you are from Iran) in my messages. And I do so because I believe the Iranian Persians might not easily identify with the word "Tajik" as the name of their identity. It is simply of out of good will. From now on, however, I will only use the term Tajiks to mean Tajiks of all countries including Iranian Persians. I will strictly confine my texts to keeping up with the spirit and purpose of the forum and continue to address my Tajik brothers and sisters as Tajiks, without the addition of the term Persians. With all due respect, please refrain from using words such as "allegation", "accusation",etc. Before you put those divisive terms in your post next, please ask for clarification first.

Let me emphasize that Tajiks in Afghanistan do need mobilization. They do need to develope a sense of oneness and solidarity with one another. They need to unite there first before they can "effectively" be equal zealots with their brothers and sisters outside Afghanistan. (And of course they can continue to collaborate with their Tajiks worldwide.) I speak based on my own experiences with Tajiks in Afghanistan. They are not politically active enough. Thus, they are exploited at every turn of political change because they are not unified. They are divided along reglious lines. That needs to be addressed. And hence the need for a strong sense of solidarity among them. Their solidarity and political participation alone will ensure their prosperity and progress, let alone their survival.

Darius, I do believe that you have good intentions. It's your prose that made me conclude that you draw hasty inferece without noticing the context of a poster's content.

Mofaq bashid.[/quote]

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users