Tajiks Worldwide Community: Both Tajiks and Pushtuns are Iranians - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Both Tajiks and Pushtuns are Iranians Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   arya-zadah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

I think we should educate Pushtuns - explane that they are Iranians, not Semitic.

[ame]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6NVwWO6nqh4[/ame]

#2 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:06 PM

Aha, well if Afghans are Iranian.....then I dont want to be Iranian anymore! :D I prefer animal above Iranian/Afghan in that case! Gooodbyeeeeeeeeeeee :cool:

btw: yeaah...afghans/pashtuns are TRUE iranians....they have FUCKED everything which was Persian, be it language, culture, history, art or whatever IN THE LAST 300 YEARS!.......YEAH TRUE IRANIANS!

No ''nation/people'' in history has damaged PERSIAN PEOPLE/HISTORY etc as much as Afghans/Pashtuns....and you claim they are Persian?
Shame on your ingnorance....dear brother arya-zadeh, I am really disapointed!

#3 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

lol Pashtuns are not Iranians. They are a coalation of many different nations with different origines. That means their ancestors came from Arabia, Syria, India, Mongolia, Kasakhstan and even Africa. There are enough historical facts abt their origines. For example the Ghulzai/Ghalzai/Chalji tribe are decandants of Khalji Turks,...,Kharoti of Karait Mongols. There entire system is mixed by many tribes, pre-dominanty by altai-speaking tribes, that means Turks and Mongols. Even Huns (Proto-Turks and Proto-Mongols), Chinese and Dravidians can be count to them, thanks to Vihara Mihira that give us a picture of the old Avagaha coalation. If you say Awghans are Iranians that would mean that they are of Aryan origine but they arent. Only their oldest nomadic ancestors (Ashvakas) that always lived on the sulaiman mountains as nomads but you can see the term ''Awghan'' formed with the time different meanings and today the same progress they try to keep on running. Tajiks, Hazaras, Usbeks all shall became dirty, uncivilizised, uneducated, tailed, midget, homosexual, wahabi kissing donkeys (Awghans). Look how they look like, like Arabs, Turks, Jews, mostly like Arabs from Jemen, Oman, Kuweit or Arabia. Most Pashtuns have typical big noses, very dark hair and eyes and they have nothing iranic. How comes? BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IRANIANS/ARYANS. THEY ARE THE PAIN OF THE HUMENKIND that need to get wiped out from our plateau. Pashtuns have nothing to do with aryan culture, language, history. Even their language is taken from all those nations when they all became one for 500 years ago during Moghul dynasty of India. When i was a child my father told me that these apes are even against the term Aryana. For sixty years they even didnt know what Aryana was and today some dogs are creating TV with this name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashvayana

Lets see what the German Wikipedia says about Awghans concerned to the wild turkic part of the Hephtalithes

Reste der Hephthaliten hielten sich noch mehrere Jahrzehnte im nordindischen Grenzgebiet (vgl. Harsha) und gingen wohl allmhlich im ostiranischen wie auch indischen Volkstum auf. Hier muss allerdings erwhnt werden, dass die trkischstmmigen Hephtaliten, anders als ihre iranischen Brdern, nach wie vor Nomaden und patriarchalisch gegliedert waren und dienten dem Knig des Reiches als Sldner. Dadurch erhielten sie eine gewisse Unabhngigkeit. Als Sldner und Vasallen des Knigs wurden sie primr gegen das Sassanidenreich eingesetzt. Bei der entscheidenden Schlacht wurden diese Stmme vernichtend geschlagen. Viele berlebende und ihre Stmme flchteten ber den Hindukusch ins heutige Pakistan, wo sie von Vihara Mira im 7. Jahrhundert erwhnt und einer greren Nomadengruppe zugerechnet werden, in der sie wohl aufgenommen wurden. Mit der Zerschlagung der Hephtaliten war somit eine aggressive Gefahr gebannt. Fr die Perser brachte die Zerschlagung des Hephthalitenreichs jedoch nicht die erhoffte Entlastung an der Nordostgrenze, da an ihre Stelle bald die Trken traten.

1. marked phrases
here we have to mention that unlike their iranic brothers, the turkish Hephtalithes were nomads and they were organized patriarchally in tribes and sub-tribes and were serving the king as vasals and mercenary primery against the Sassanians. That gave them a certain independance.

2. marked phrase
In the decisive battle (the allied front of Sassanians and the Tibetan Turks against Hephtalithes) they were beaten devastatingly and only a minority survived who fled over the Hindukush mountains to modern Pakistan where they are mentioned by Vihara Mhira in the 7. century in a group of a bigger allied tribes.

#4 User is offline   shinno Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

[quote=arya-zadah;6683]I think we should educate Pushtuns - explane that they are Iranians, not Semitic.
[/quote]

Ofcourse they are iranic like kurdish people. people are calssified as iranic by the language they speak and pashto language is considered as a branch of south east iranian language. if we classified people by their DNA i am sure there wouldnt be many pure persians left. so of course pashtuns are mix of different ethnicities who speak a common lanuage like arabs and tajiks. i dont undrestand why some people at this site consider hazara to be iranic but not pashtuns who speak an iranian language and look similar to other aryan peoples.
dorood bar shoma arya zadah for speaking the truth

#5 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

[quote=shinno;6689]Ofcourse they are iranic like kurdish people. people are calssified as iranic by the language they speak and pashto language is considered as a branch of south east iranian language. if we classified people by their DNA i am sure there wouldnt be many pure persians left. so of course pashtuns are mix of different ethnicities who speak a common lanuage like arabs and tajiks. i dont undrestand why some people at this site consider hazara to be iranic but not pashtuns who speak an iranian language and look similar to other aryan peoples.
dorood bar shoma arya zadah for speaking the truth[/quote]

read what i have written above. Pashtuns are not iranic and Pashto didnt existed before 500 years ago. Alone the dirty name Pashtun and Pashto show that both terms are a new developments. Their language is taken from Persian, Dravidian, Turkic, Arabic, Mongolic, Indic ... languages. As wild and backward nomads and Non-Pashtuns as invaders and native inhabitent of their ''lands'' they adoptet the different languages with the time to make buissness with other nations. Paschai people who were the real inhabitent of Swat live today in Afghanistan, the Ormurs as the real inhabitent of Waziristan and south Kandahar live today in Peshawar and Helmand-Kandahar frontier because all these dogs pushed them out of their native homeland. The roots of Pashto as an ''iranic'' iranized language you have to search at the days of Moghul-India. Their modern homeland, Pakhtunwa and eastward beyond was the path for many non-iranic invaders, mostly nomads that settled there. Pashtuns culture is strongly influenced by altaiic and mongolic culture and lifestyle that show us exactly how the grade of their mixing was and still is. ''Pashtunwali'', another dirty name that didnt exist for 500 years and specially not under that name, PASHTUNwali. I would believe it that this codex is very old and part of nomadic ''aryans'' if only the name wasnt Pashtun but instead Awfghanwali or Ashvawali or sth like that. Beside that it is full of typical turkic and mongolic traditions of central asians and east-asians steps.

On the other hand Tajiks are one of the purest Indo-Europeans, thanks to Persian as our language which kept us away from turkic speaking tribes and saved our identity also Tajiks are surely mixed a bit with persianized/tajikizised nations but fact is Tajiks are of Aryan origine like even Uzbeks are of eastern-iranian origine that intermingled by force with Turks and thats why they speak today Chatagai language and not an eastern dialect of Farsi as a western iranian dialect like the rest of central asians persian/iranian population.

Dont forget their arabic look.

http://www.superpatr...s/mujadidi2.jpg

#6 User is offline   shinno Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

mr pasistani
your version of history looks quite different from authentic and trusted sources like encyclopedia iranica. pasthu is not craeted by mughals as pashtuns were the sworn enemy of mughals. you can read from the history the battle of panipat in which the pashtuns under durrani empire fought against the mughal empire. give me some real sources for your claims and then we can discuss it further

#7 User is offline   Parsistani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

[quote=shinno;6691]mr pasistani
your version of history looks quite different from authentic and trusted sources like encyclopedia iranica. pasthu is not craeted by mughals as pashtuns were the sworn enemy of mughals. you can read from the history the battle of panipat in which the pashtuns under durrani empire fought against the mughal empire. give me some real sources for your claims and then we can discuss it further[/quote]

Lol thats the history of the end of Moghul era. Pashtun mfs are everything only not iranic. And Pashtuns didnt hate Moghuls at all since they were protected by them and their daughters became Moghul wifes and their fathers the right hand of Moghul Kings. For example Babur The Great married 15 Pashtun women from their tribes. Moghul history has nothing to do here. What i wanted to say is that Moghul did influence Pashto by Persian. There was no Pashto for 500 years but different languages of different tribes and the ''Awghans'' didnt spoke one common language. Pashto is created by turkish, persian, drawidian, arabic, indian...like Brahui. Brahuis self are native population of Pakistan and they belong to the Dardic-Dravidian people but their language is a hybrid language. It is created only by persian and arabic. They have no own language. Thats a very extreme story...nearly not to believe but it is true. Their own language (dravidic) died out. Because of their ''Aryanized'' language they are mentioned as ''Iranians'' only by language but ethnically they are closer to the inhabitents of hell and to Satan than to Aryans or at least to Indo-Europeans. Pakistan was allways a basin for nomads that invaded that area. Every invader settled there and became intermingled with the older inhabitent.

Btw what has the video to do with Awghanzais?? It is about Iranian population, abt Persians not Awghans dagha paghas!!!

#8 User is offline   shinno Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

[quote=Parsistani;6692] Pashto is created by turkish, persian, drawidian, arabic, indian...like Brahui. [/quote]

so mr parsistani are you saying that pashtu is a mixture of other languages and has no words of its own. :confused: so if i give you a few words can you please tell me which language these pashtu words belong to. tell me which language is this word WOR=FIRE taken from.
of course pashto is influenced by other languages like persian which was the language of government in khorassan. persian in iran is influenced by arabic and arabic in turn has been influenced by persian. its totally natural for languages to influence each other.
pashto doesnt have a very long written recorded history like persian becuase persians where more urbanized than pashtuns but it dosent mean pashto didn't exist before it was recorded in written form.
[quote=Parsistani;6692]Btw what has the video to do with Awghanzais?? It is about Iranian population, abt Persians not Awghans dagha paghas!!! [/quote]
if you check in the description of this video you will see what it has to do with pashtuns. it says pashtuns speak an iranian language.

#9 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:15 PM

There is no doubt that Pashto is an Iranic language. It is actually a less developed tongue closer to Avestan. Their numbers sound similar to Avestan numbers (Au, dva, tre...). You can even trace back where Persian and Pashto took each its own way by finding out differences between the two languages. For example, Persian "d" turns into "l" in Pashto. Hence they say "las" for "dah" (ten; in Hindi it's das), "lari" for "dari" (derived from the infinitive of "dashtan", to have), "lewanai" for "dewana" (divaane, crazy), "laman" for "daman" (skirt). The same could be said about "s" and "sh" in the two languages. I think the truth should be spoken out and I thank Arya-zadah for that.

As for their ignorance, sadly, many of them are still stuck in the medival lifestyle and their views are totally distorted. Many of them believe that they are of Jewish descent and it is one of the funniest things (and saddest at the same time) I've ever heard. This belief have provided them with a blind hatred against Persians. While it has been proved by researchers that Pashtuns are Iranian too. Sorry if the truth hurts some of you. I am not against anybody's existence. I am against their harmful ignorance. And this disease should be and could be cured. Pashtuns has to understand that Persian is not an alien language and they don't have to fight it. They have to embrace it as well as all their ancestors did. Even Pashtunist poets like Solaiman Layeq still recite in Persian since their Pashto, as said before, is underdeveloped and won't stand this rivalry.

#10 User is offline   shinno Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

[quote=Darius;6694]

As for their ignorance, sadly, many of them are still stuck in the medival lifestyle and their views are totally distorted. Many of them believe that they are of Jewish descent and it is one of the funniest things (and saddest at the same time)I've ever heard. [/quote]
im pashtun but i have to agree that the majority of pashtuns are not educated and they are very easy to manipulate. we can solve our problems by communicating with each other with respect even if we don't agree. without respect there will only be more problems for both of us unfortunately.
[quote=Darius;6694]
Pashtuns has to understand that Persian is not an alien language and they don't have to fight it. They have to embrace it as well as all their ancestors did. Even Pashtunist poets like Solaiman Layeq still recite in Persian since their Pashto, as said before, is underdeveloped and won't stand this rivalry.[/quote]
Most educated pashtuns know persian is not an alien language and have embraced it. i think some pashtun nationalists, in their efforts to impose pashto on other people have forgotten how to behave rationally and they are following blind nationalism which is very dangerous. Pashtuns and tajiks both have to undrestand that these modern international borders have been imposed on us by colonialists. pashtuns shouldn't object to persians having close relation with persians of iran and tajiks shouldn't call pashtuns pakis if pashtuns of afghanistan want to have close relations with pashtuns of pakistan.

#11 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

[quote=shinno;6696]im pashtun but i have to agree that the majority of pashtuns are not educated and they are very easy to manipulate. we can solve our problems by communicating with each other with respect even if we don't agree. without respect there will only be more problems for both of us unfortunately.

Most educated pashtuns know persian is not an alien language and have embraced it. i think some pashtun nationalists, in their efforts to impose pashto on other people have forgotten how to behave rationally and they are following blind nationalism which is very dangerous. Pashtuns and tajiks both have to undrestand that these modern international borders have been imposed on us by colonialists. pashtuns shouldn't object to persians having close relation with persians of iran and tajiks shouldn't call pashtuns pakis if pashtuns of afghanistan want to have close relations with pashtuns of pakistan.[/quote]
I agree with you. The entire territory of Afghanistan used to be a very important part of Aryanam Vaejah. But Pashtun nationalism demonstrated in Afghanistan could easily turn into something similar to Israeli fascism, if America chooses to support it against Persians. Jews are in minority in the region, but enjoy American support and are killing their own Semite Arabs. That's why nationalists like Khurram and any other follower of Zaher Shah's Constitution must be stopped, Afghanistan's proper non-ethnic name (Khorasan) must be restored, as Afghans are not the only ethnic group of the country. Persian has to be recognized as the main language of the country, because an absolute majority speaks it.

#12 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

Do Pashtuns in their majority feel Iranic or are we just imposing an academic label on them ? Are they not much closer to Pakistanis (except for Persianized Pashtuns) ? I have seen no evidence on the internet that they are close to Persians in any way, they imitate Pakis, hate Persians, their music is Indian, they love and ape Indians. Please correct me if I am wrong ... just expressing some impressions ... I don't claim to be right.

[ame]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/ame]

#13 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:58 PM

[quote=arya-zadah;6683]I think we should educate Pushtuns - explane that they are Iranians, not Semitic.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=6NVwWO6nqh4[/quote]

First of all, I want to question the rationale for Tajiks to spend their time debating the culture and origin of Pashtons, who have stopped at nothing to drive Farsi identity out of Afghanistan.

Why should Tajiks, in the absence of equal participation of Pashtons, discuss Pashtons' origin at a time when Tajiks' very culture is at stake in Afghanistan? At these critical moments, shouldn't Tajiks direct their time and efforts towards strengthening Tajik solidarity and finding ways to improve that instead of deviating from that path and doing further research and contributions towards tracing Pashtons' identity and culture? (For reason that I will explain later, Pashtons themselves are very promiscuous and active in tracing their identity to whichever source that would benefit them politically.)

Let's focus our struggle on sharpening and shaping strong "Tajik" identity and awareness that it may result in the mobilization and unification of the otherwise politicaly inactive Tajiks in Afghanistan.

I will now explain my reason for urging the Tajiks to stay steady on a Tajik-focused course and not to let their attention get diverted on issues that would, in the long run, benefit those who already seek the destruction of Farsi identity in Afghanistan:

I must acknowledge that Pashtons are very politically charged people. They are shrewd, and even morally compromising, in identifying their political interest. This strong sense of political awareness has made them compromise their identity with that of any state or civlization in whose hands Pashtons can see the realization of their political interests.

They traced their origin to the Iranians when they saw the strong presence of USA and a thriving monarchy in Iran. Afghan king and queen even started imitating the garments of the Pehlavi royal family of Iran. Afghan queen's hair style and outfits can be easily mistaken for an Iranian royam family member. (I wish they had imitated them in other constructive walks of life such as education and developments as well)

When the Soviets invaded Afghanistan, which coincided with the overthrow of the Monarchy in Iran, and when Arab cash and aid started flowing into Pakistan to fund mainly the Pashton resistent commanders, Pashtons sought their identity to Arabs. In this they are still successful to this day due to their tribal way of life and rearing of camels and staying in nomadic tents.

But when the Pashton nationalist movement, the Taliban, met the US anger after September 11th, Pashton scholars set out to seek yet another identity buyer. This time, in an Islamaphobic atmosphere of world politics, which other culture or state was a superior and stronger candidate for this forged and fabricated trace of identity than the state of Israil? Israil is a very powerful nation. A better half of the US government. So why not Israil then. After all, Pashtons know that they are aliens in the Farsi domintated cities of Kabul and else where, with no historical evidence to confirm their rule and presence in those cities. Thus here and there on the net, one can come across literature that indulges in this identify fakery of Pashtons tracing their origin to the most militarily powerful nation of Asia, Israil. This is the politically promiscuous or adulterous nature of Pashtons' blind nationalists compromising their origin for political benefits. I must also add that all they have given each of these affiliated cutlures is humiliation and embarrassment.

Therefore, I urge my Tajiks to stop this topic right here and concentrate on matters that are crucial to Tajiks' solidarity and identity.

Wsalam/Pedrood

#14 User is offline   Administrator Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:26 AM

Pashtun is a colition of different tribes and ethnicities who share a common language and culture. The three major groups is Durrani,Ghilzai, and Karlanri. the Durranis/Abdalis are infact Iranic and they were Hephthalites (Eptalis). The Eptalis who were from the Saka tribe took the saka language to the sub continent and this became "Pashto". The Ghilzais or Khilij are Turkic and they were never known as Pashtun until three centuries ago, Even Pashtuns believe this theory. The Karlanris are Indo-Aryans and Drividians or Jewish. The Jewish theory was started during the Lodhi dynasty when Ibrahim Lodhi told his Kateb (Nematullah) to write a Book on this(Maghzan e Afghan).

#15 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:07 AM

I think there is nothing wrong in exploring Pashrun identity and tracing back their roots. I believe for some it's even painful to see their names here. But it would be better not to get confused between academic reality and political layout. If we accept them as our adversaries, it is wiser to know them even better than themselves.

Thanks Gul Agha jan for the info I didn't have before.

#16 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:38 AM

[quote=idontknow;6714]Atleast they have more iranic looking people than tajikistan...[/quote]
Are you still dream-talking?

#17 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:16 AM

ethnicity is based on language being spoken by the person, Pushtuns(aka Pathan/Pakhtun/Afghan) are Indo-Iranian people which makes them Iranian. There was no hostility between Pushtuns and Persians until Mir Wais Hotaki started his revolt against Persia. Even back then Ghilzai leaders themselves considered themselves as being Iranian but they wanted a seperate homeland for Sunni followers due to hostility between Shiite & Christians vs Sunni.

Please fellow members do not write offensive comments in this forum. I know that some of you have hatred towards some of the Pushtun leadership who have been violent, brutal and cruel in their dealings against non-Pushtun people of Afghanistan but that does not mean that every Pushtun is like that. After all if you don't want to consider them Iranian in your own beliefs consider them as fellow human beings.

Linguists and historians classify Pushtuns as Indo-Iranians.
http://www.ethnologu...asp?subid=90019

Besiyar Sepasgozaram.

#18 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:27 AM

[quote=rooyintan;6724]ethnicity is based on language being spoken by the person, Pushtuns(aka Pathan/Pakhtun/Afghan) are Indo-Iranian people which makes them Iranian. There was no hostility between Pushtuns and Persians until Mir Wais Hotaki started his revolt against Persia. Even back then Ghilzai leaders themselves considered themselves as being Iranian but they wanted a seperate homeland for Sunni followers due to hostility between Shiite & Christians vs Sunni.

Please fellow members do not write offensive comments in this forum. I know that some of you have hatred towards some of the Pushtun leadership who have been violent, brutal and cruel in their dealings against non-Pushtun people of Afghanistan but that does not mean that every Pushtun is like that. After all if you don't want to consider them Iranian in your own beliefs consider them as fellow human beings.

Linguists and historians classify Pushtuns as Indo-Iranians.
http://www.ethnologu...asp?subid=90019

Besiyar Sepasgozaram.[/quote]

rooyintan jan, you are good person and thats why you think everyone is good. personally it is not important for me if the pushtoons are iranic or not, they are human being and i respect them, they have to respect us back,because it cant be one sided. you are right, not all pushtoons are bad, good and bad are everywhere and among all ethnic groups, for instance we have got a pushtoon fellow here called Shino, he is good and understading person, wish they were all like him. our concern is injustice being done to non pushtoons in Afghanistan, not the pushtoons themselves, they have got every right to speak their language the way they want and practice their culture, it is fine with us, but we can never ever accept if they tell us how to practice our own culture, how to speak our own language and impose all their things on us. that is gros and not acceptable to us.

#19 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

[quote=Rika Khana;6726]rooyintan jan, you are good person and thats why you think everyone is good. personally it is not important for me if the pushtoons are iranic or not, they are human being and i respect them, they have to respect us back,because it cant be one sided. you are right, not all pushtoons are bad, good and bad are everywhere and among all ethnic groups, for instance we have got a pushtoon fellow here called Shino, he is good and understading person, wish they were all like him. our concern is injustice being done to non pushtoons in Afghanistan, not the pushtoons themselves, they have got every right to speak their language the way they want and practice their culture, it is fine with us, but we can never ever accept if they tell us how to practice our own culture, how to speak our own language and impose all their things on us. that is gros and not acceptable to us.[/quote]

very well said Rika Khana jan. I do agree with everything you said. I just wanted to let those people who are labeling Pushtuns as animals to stop doing that. The pushtun leadership have been doing a lot of injustice but that does not mean that every Pushtun be labeled with all sort of names.
In Iran today certain members of separatist groups have killed many innocent people but that doesn't mean for instance every Kurdish, Baluch or Arab is a terrorist, savage etc... the same applies here to Pushtuns.

#20 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

[quote=rooyintan;6727] I just wanted to let those people who are labeling Pushtuns as animals to stop doing that. [/quote]

Brother rooyintan,This lead us nowhere and can never solve our problem.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users