Tajiks Worldwide Community: Tajik Ambassador to US is coming to UNO, Nebraska - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tajik Ambassador to US is coming to UNO, Nebraska Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

Dorood bar hama:

Just wanted to share a piece of news with you. Here is the message from my univeristy email sent by the dean of International Studies at the University of Nebraska at Omaha: "Good afternoon, one and all. Next Thursday (20 March) Abdujabbor Shirinov, the Tajik Ambassador, will be visiting campus. Hope all Tajiks and others around the campus will join the meeting and ask lots of questions about Tajikistan-US relations and their perspective future."

I hope people will come, at least to show up, and ask thoughtful questions about future Tajikistan-US relations and possibly to put some projects toward promoting mutual understanding.

PS: If any of you have any specific question you would like to ask Ambassador, please post it. Looking forward for all addressed questions to be answered at the meeting. Thank you.

Pedrood,

Pors.

#2 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for sharing it with us. Please ask him how serious Tajikistan is about the fate of Afghanistani Tajiks who live as second class citizens in their own home. Ask him if Tajikistan cares at all.
Thanks.

#3 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

Dorud o sepas Pors.

Sadly, the guy (ambs) cannot put a Persian sentence together. I'm not sure what language he will speak in, but you can see for yourself in the footage below what I mean:

[ame]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ez03v7j2Q1E[/ame]

#4 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:30 AM

[quote=Darius;7510]Dorud o sepas Pors.

Sadly, the guy (ambs) cannot put a Persian sentence together. I'm not sure what language he will speak in, but you can see for yourself in the footage below what I mean:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ez03v7j2Q1E[/quote]

He looks like George W Bush alittle bit. He has the same smile lol

#5 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:48 AM

[quote=Neo Bactra;7525]He looks like George W Bush alittle bit. He has the same smile lol[/quote]

And the same height, as Azadi stated on its website:)

#6 User is offline   Neo Bactra Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:51 AM

[quote=Darius;7529]And the same height, as Azadi stated on its website:)[/quote]

;)

#7 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:15 AM

Dear PORS,
My main question to our soft-spoken Tajik ambassador would be: does he have any plans to tap into the Iranian expatriate community living in the USA to help Tajikistan ? I mean people with skills and/or money who care about Central Asian persians (even though there may not be many of them at this time who even know that Central Asian persians exist). It is fine to seek US investments as he mentioned in this video - and I hope it bears fruit - but why not target Iranian Americans specifically ? Would it not be nice to arrange for Shirinov to come to California (LA, Bay Area, San Diego) and introduce Tajikistan through some talks, or maybe send someone else to do it ? I have a few other ideas, but I think it would be really nice to introduce Tajikistan to the Iranian community through its official representatives ... I bet you that a lot of Iranians will have great sympathy once they are made aware of our bonds.

[quote=PORS;7449]Dorood bar hama:

Just wanted to share a piece of news with you. Here is the message from my univeristy email sent by the dean of International Studies at the University of Nebraska at Omaha: "Good afternoon, one and all. Next Thursday (20 March) Abdujabbor Shirinov, the Tajik Ambassador, will be visiting campus. Hope all Tajiks and others around the campus will join the meeting and ask lots of questions about Tajikistan-US relations and their perspective future."

I hope people will come, at least to show up, and ask thoughtful questions about future Tajikistan-US relations and possibly to put some projects toward promoting mutual understanding.

PS: If any of you have any specific question you would like to ask Ambassador, please post it. Looking forward for all addressed questions to be answered at the meeting. Thank you.

Pedrood,

Pors.[/quote]

#8 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:56 PM

Dorood Neo Bactrae gerami:

Thank you for your comment. We will surely try to get answers to all our questions. However, I think addressing your question to our Ambassador in Afghanistan would be more appropriate, meaningful and productive as because he is more aware of issues in Afghanistan and has better experience. Thank you.

Perooz bemaned,

Pors.

[quote=Neo Bactra;7464]Thanks for sharing it with us. Please ask him how serious Tajikistan is about the fate of Afghanistani Tajiks who live as second class citizens in their own home. Ask him if Tajikistan cares at all.
Thanks.[/quote]

#9 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

Dorood bar shoma, Dariuse gerami:

Yes, I have to agree that it is sad to see our ambassador not being fluent in our own language, Persian, as because he is IT major and I wonder how Tajikistan could appoint him as an ambassador of Tajikistan to US. It should be the most experienced person who is fluent in various languages and has the best knowledge of global issues and US concerns. However, I think it would be better if we help him to do something, because I doubt he can do anything without our help.

PS: Absolutely agree that in future, ambassadors should be appointed by their knowledge and experience in foreign relations. Thank you for your note.

Tandorost bemaned,

Pors.

[quote=Darius;7510]Dorud o sepas Pors.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ez03v7j2Q1E[/quote]

#10 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Dorood Nader Shahe arjmand:

Very good proposal. I think we can arrange that in near future. I was not quite sure about Iranians in US, that they will be willing to go to TJ and invest and/or co-operate. The pursued foreign policy of TJ is not very strategic at all, however, I think we can work on many projects together.

The best thing to this would be nice organized meeting of TJ ambassador and all Iranians in major cities of California: LA, Bay Area, San Diego and others). So, we could give a platform for all our Iranian brothers to come to TJ and apply their knowledge and skills for the betterment of their home, TJ. Official visit of TJ ambassador to California would be great if we first could inform all people there, so it give little bit backgound of it. After that, his visit with many proposals and projects to work in TJ, would be more than productive. I am sure, our brothers in California are very educated and have great ideas, we just need to strike "bingo" and that will work. :)

I appreciate your comment and suggestion, Nader Shahe gerami.

Farkhonda bemaned,

Pors.

[quote=Nader Shah;7539]Dear PORS,
My main question to our soft-spoken Tajik ambassador would be: does he have any plans to tap into the Iranian expatriate community living in the USA to help Tajikistan ? I mean people with skills and/or money who care about Central Asian persians (even though there may not be many of them at this time who even know that Central Asian persians exist). It is fine to seek US investments as he mentioned in this video - and I hope it bears fruit - but why not target Iranian Americans specifically ? Would it not be nice to arrange for Shirinov to come to California (LA, Bay Area, San Diego) and introduce Tajikistan through some talks, or maybe send someone else to do it ? I have a few other ideas, but I think it would be really nice to introduce Tajikistan to the Iranian community through its official representatives ... I bet you that a lot of Iranians will have great sympathy once they are made aware of our bonds.[/quote]

#11 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

Dorood PORSe arjmand :)

Of course, I realize there are a few problems with this idea:

1) Traveling to many cities may be difficult for the ambassador as he must attend to his duties during the work week; in addition, I don't think Tajikistan embassy has a significant budget for such expenses

2) It is not likely, in the short term, that many Iranians living in the US would be willing to invest a lot of time or money, until the general community is made aware of our bonds - the latter is a difficult task, and it may require advertisements in the Iranian media (TV, print) portraying the best of Tajikistan: this again requires money which is in short supply. I hope the satellite TV channel that is being talked about helps in this respect.

A lot of Iranian academics in Canada at least did go to Iran for periods of a few weeks and months to teach or give seminars, often because the government in Iran gave them temporary exemptions from military service, and this allowed them to visit families. I do not know if that many would be willing to go to Tajikistan at this time. As far as investments, I think tourism maybe a good bet initially. If Tajikistan had a good infrastructure, fast internet, and lots of tech graduates then certainly some companies would be willing to invest in IT over there as they did in India (and even Iran, although it is more hidden because of sanctions).

Perhaps, we should shift the focus to education in the short term, and building infrastructure in Tajikistan (which again requires money :( ):

1) Long term effort to educate Iranians inside and outside Iran about Tajikistan. Believe me, you have a great country, with wonderful cultured people, natural resources, the birth place of samanids and persian culture, a relatively secular culture, beautiful mountains, and so on. I can easily think of short films or advertisements to highlight those pluses and impress upon people the potential greatness of Tajikistan - the Switzerland of Central Asia (why not ?)

2) Big effort inside Tajikistan to upgrade infrastructure, and in particular to increase the knowledge base. An international university, with focus on technical fields, as well as business and management, in Dushanbe is really necessary to attract talent and to create talent within Tajikistan. Tajikistan is the most cultured of Central Asian states in the traditional sencse, and now it should become more cultured in the modern sense as well.

Money is the big obstacle, and I understand the frustration that even President Rahmon must be feeling - so much potential, but little money to develop it (hydroelectricity is an example). Persians in Central Asia should move from being the cultural elites to being the scientific and business elites as well. I know this may seem like empty talk, but a journey of thousand steps starts with the first step ... if we don't take even tiny steps towards acheieving our dreams, then what can we expect but hopelessness ?

[quote=PORS;7580]Dorood Nader Shahe arjmand:

Very good proposal. I think we can arrange that in near future. I was not quite sure about Iranians in US, that they will be willing to go to TJ and invest and/or co-operate. The pursued foreign policy of TJ is not very strategic at all, however, I think we can work on many projects together.

The best thing to this would be nice organized meeting of TJ ambassador and all Iranians in major cities of California: LA, Bay Area, San Diego and others). So, we could give a platform for all our Iranian brothers to come to TJ and apply their knowledge and skills for the betterment of their home, TJ. Official visit of TJ ambassador to California would be great if we first could inform all people there, so it give little bit backgound of it. After that, his visit with many proposals and projects to work in TJ, would be more than productive. I am sure, our brothers in California are very educated and have great ideas, we just need to strike "bingo" and that will work. :)

I appreciate your comment and suggestion, Nader Shahe gerami.

Farkhonda bemaned,

Pors.[/quote]

#12 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

In the end, the success of any country depends on the resourcefulness of its people and its proper management. If a country like Tajikistan puts all its effort into knowledge, universities, skill-building, and so on, then it is bound to win in the medium term. And I hope Iran or Iranian expats cane be a big asset to jumpstart this process so that eventually Tajiks themselves take over.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users