Tajiks Worldwide Community: Samantha Tajik - Canadian Miss Universe - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Samantha Tajik - Canadian Miss Universe Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

http://misscontest.b...s-universe.html

#2 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

http://hollywoodcraz...156216901192553

#3 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:59 AM

Wow ! That is such great news :) And with a last name "Tajik" it should help at least Canadians to become much more familiar with Tajiks. That is really a great achievement for such a small minority in Canada
[QUOTE=Darius;8464]http://hollywoodcraz...156216901192553[/QUOTE]

#4 User is offline   Gul agha Icon

• Sar Dabeer
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:04 AM

Is she from Tajikistan?

#5 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:20 AM

I would have guessed Afghanistan first, Iran next, Tajikistan last :D
Since there are very few people from TJ in Canada, but many "Afghans".
Some Iranians have last name Tajik, and it is not uncommon, so maybe she is Iranian ? :P
[QUOTE=Gul agha;8489]Is she from Tajikistan?[/QUOTE]

#6 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:33 AM

I think it is totally pointless and even not that great - being judged only for her looks - she is not much of a role model.

Instead, I think we should emphasis the achievement of highly talented and qualified Persians that could serve as role models for other Persian females and males.

#7 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:37 AM

I disagree. Perception is very important. Publicity is very important. Having Tajiks associated with success, beauty, and world fame is a big plus. There is no reason to neglect this area or put it down. Of course, all other areas must be developed, and we have plenty of very successful Persians in the business, professional, academic and scientific worlds (ASK ME ... I will name them, most of them are from Iran at this time), and we need even more publicity in other neglected areas like the arts.
[QUOTE=Ahhangar;8496]I think it is totally pointless and even not that great - being judged only for her looks - she is not much of a role model.

Instead, I think we should emphasis the achievement of highly talented and qualified Persians that could serve as role models for other Persian females and males.[/QUOTE]

#8 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:03 AM

Does not matter where she is from ... Tajik is her name :)

http://en.wikipedia..../Samantha_Tajik

Samantha Tajik is an Iranian-Canadian model and beauty queen who was crowned Miss Universe Canada 2008.
Samantha was born in Iran, but her family moved to Canada when she was two-years-old. Samantha is fluent in both English and Persian. Tajik grew up in Vancouver, but moved to Toronto to go to school. She competed in the Miss Universe Canada 2008 pageant, and on April 28, 2008 was crowned the winner by outgoing titleholder, Inga Skaya.
She will represent Canada at the Miss Universe 2008 pageant in Vietnam in July 2008.
[QUOTE=Gul agha;8489]Is she from Tajikistan?[/QUOTE]

#9 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:14 AM

[QUOTE=Nader Shah;8498]I disagree. Perception is very important. Publicity is very important. Having Tajiks associated with success, beauty, and world fame is a big plus. There is no reason to neglect this area or put it down. Of course, all other areas must be developed, and we have plenty of very successful Persians in the business, professional, academic and scientific worlds (ASK ME ... I will name them, most of them are from Iran at this time), and we need even more publicity in other neglected areas like the arts.[/QUOTE]

Publicity - for the benefit raising awareness of Tajiks throughout the world - as a general policy - I agree with - but does this lady represent Tajiks? It is hard to estimate how beneficial it will be.

I still think it is not that significant - then again maybe it is because I am not in Canada.

#10 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:24 AM

Still better than nothing, agree ?
[QUOTE=Ahhangar;8508]Publicity - for the benefit raising awareness of Tajiks throughout the world - as a general policy - I agree with - but does this lady represent Tajiks? It is hard to estimate how beneficial it will be.

I still think it is not that significant - then again maybe it is because I am not in Canada.[/QUOTE]

#11 User is offline   Ahhangar Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:30 AM

[QUOTE=Nader Shah;8510]Still better than nothing, agree ?[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree - I know you have sincere intentions brother - but we can still have a little debate for context. :D So thanks for your patients with me. :cool:

#12 User is offline   Nader Shah Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:00 AM

You are most welcome, dear brother ... you are the boss :) and I shall comply with your wishes :cool:

[QUOTE=Ahhangar;8513]Yes I agree - I know you have sincere intentions brother - but we can still have a little debate for context. :D So thanks for your patients with me. :cool: [/QUOTE]

#13 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:31 AM

Well done Samantha, I wish her all the very best.

#14 User is offline   Afrasiab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=Nader Shah;8507]Does not matter where she is from ... Tajik is her name :)

http://en.wikipedia..../Samantha_Tajik

Samantha Tajik is an Iranian-Canadian model and beauty queen who was crowned Miss Universe Canada 2008.
Samantha was born in Iran, but her family moved to Canada when she was two-years-old. Samantha is fluent in both English and Persian. Tajik grew up in Vancouver, but moved to Toronto to go to school. She competed in the Miss Universe Canada 2008 pageant, and on April 28, 2008 was crowned the winner by outgoing titleholder, Inga Skaya.
She will represent Canada at the Miss Universe 2008 pageant in Vietnam in July 2008.[/QUOTE]

She is Iranian Tajik. :D

#15 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:19 PM

Tajik is a common surname in Iran and mostly could be encoutered in Varamin, the capital's suburbs. Nothing distinguishes them from other Persian-speakers. It's just their surname with a certain meaning: Irani, Paars, as the word 'Tajik' (with the same meaning) had been widely in use in Iran as opposed to 'Tork'.

So, yes, Samantha Tajik is from Iran and all Iranians (Tajiks) are proud of her.
She is pretty, nah?
:)

#16 User is offline   Afrasiab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

[QUOTE=Darius;8534]Tajik is a common surname in Iran and mostly could be encoutered in Varamin, the capital's suburbs. Nothing distinguishes them from other Persian-speakers. It's just their surname with a certain meaning: Irani, Paars, as the word 'Tajik' (with the same meaning) had been widely in use in Iran as opposed to 'Tork'.

So, yes, Samantha Tajik is from Iran and all Iranians (Tajiks) are proud of her.
She is pretty, nah?
:) [/QUOTE]

I am agree with you. We have 70 million Tajiks in Iran. :)

#17 User is offline   arshak Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

here's some photos:
http://www.nylamagaz...tiefile/ph3.htm

#18 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Afrasiab;8541]I am agree with you. We have 70 million Tajiks in Iran. :) [/QUOTE]

70 millions???

#19 User is offline   Kambiz Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=Rika Khana;8723]70 millions???[/QUOTE]

He rightfully thinks whoever speaks Persian as his/her native language, is Tajik or Persian. Just because these two words are interchangable.

#20 User is offline   Saghari Icon

• Pip
Group:
Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

After Hamasa Kohostani a "Tajik girl from Afghanistan" who became Miss England last year,
Samantha Tajik " agirl from Iran " became Miss Univers in Canada. No matter where are they from, Afghanistan, Iran or Tajikistan; they are " Tajik girls". Make no mistake all are the same Tajiks in Afghanistan or in Tajikistan and Persians in Iran. Tajik and Persian are synonym. Some of the Iranian families knowingly chose "Tajik" as their family name (i.e. they know they are Tajiks).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users