Best Quotes (View original topic)

Khurasani

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

• Great services are not canceled by one act or by one single error.

• Individuals may form communities, but it is institutions alone that can create a nation.

• Nurture your mind with great thoughts; to believe in the heroic makes heroes.

• The difference of race is one of the reasons why I fear war may always exist; because race implies difference, difference implies superiority, and superiority leads to predominance.

• The secret of success is constancy of purpose.

Benjamin Disraeli

Khurasani

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:24 AM

With money you can buy a house, but not a home. With money you can buy a clock, but not time. With money you can buy a bed, but not sleep. With money you can buy a book, but not knowledge. With money you can buy a position, but not respect. With money you can buy blood, but not life.

Afrasiab

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:21 AM

"Better to light one candle than always curse the darkness" Konfusiy

Super

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

... ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope.

Winston Churchill

PORS

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:14 AM

"Khirad padar ast o dil pesar. Khoob mishad, beshtare zaman pesar (dil) ba goftare padar (khirad) goosh bidehad. Vale, gah-gah bayad padar (khirad) niz ba gape pesar (dil) goosh bidehad, chon gahe pesar (dil) niz dorost o rastbin ast." - Pors

Phoenix

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

'A man who can laugh, if only at himself, is never really miserable.' H.L Mencken

PORS

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:57 AM

Adamha arzeshi khodra khodashon migozarand. Agar andesha koni, keh az dastat hej chiz namiayad, ba dorosti hamin gona hasti. Z-in doorandesh bash pesh az arzishi khodra goftan.

Pors.

shinno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking.

Albert Einstein

shinno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Dont ever wrestle with a pig. Youll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it.

Cale Yarborough

shinno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is.

Oscar Wilde

shinno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

John Ruskin

shinno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.

~ Will Rogers ~

shinno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

Men are like parking spots, the good ones are taken and the free ones are handicapped.

shinno

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!

Nader Shah

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:36 AM

Funny Jokes :D :D:D Thanks shinno ... I will remember them and use them when appropriate ;)

Phoenix

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:12 AM

[QUOTE=shinno;12005]Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected![/QUOTE]

:mad:

Boys frustrate me. I hate all their indirect messages, I hate game playing. Do you like me or don't you? Just tell me so I can get over you. Kristen Dunst

Khorasanpur

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:42 AM

Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunters. ~African Proverb

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

and this one suits our fellow tajiks who stubbornly insist on being Afghans,
When an individual is kept in a situation of inferiority, the fact is that he does become inferior.
Simone De Beauvoir

PORS

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:22 AM

It's better to be smart ass rather than to be dumb ass. - American humor.

shinno

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=Nader Shah;12016]Funny Jokes :D :D:D Thanks shinno ... I will remember them and use them when appropriate ;) [/QUOTE]

Make sure to use them when appropriate as some of our female counterparts are quite sensitive e.g (sherinak) :D :D

Khurasani

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

Our policy was always to have good and friendly relations with everyone. But we never have accepted being oppressed and we will never accept it.

Ahmad Shah Masoud

PORS

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

Barae adami khiradpesha har rouz, rouze nav ast.

Khorasanpur

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:30 AM

You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?

Jalaludin Balkhi

Nader Shah

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

Life is a sexually transmitted disease and ... it is fatal ! (Unknown)

Khorasanpur

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:49 AM

Some selected quotes from Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president of the United States.

Our government rests in public opinion. Whoever can change public opinion, can change the government, practically just so much.

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Mahasti

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

''Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged alike: It is worthless.''

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Phoenix

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:25 PM

A member in other forums:

do what you gotta do. Maybe a lot of Afghans talk bad stuff about you. But those same Afghans probably listen to Valy, so their opinion doesn't count.

Top-notch!

PORS

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

Better to make one rational decision by yourself than accepting hundreds of others. - Pors.

Sohrab

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

People will know you by your actions towards others.(not known)

PORS

Posted 27 July 2008 - 08:06 AM

Dostat ra ba man nishan bideh, va man megoom tou ki hasti. - az goftare mardomi.

Pors.

Dushanbe

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

Unexamined life does not worth living!
Socrates/Plato

Manizheh

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

"Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish"
Albert Einstein
- The weak can never forgive, forgiveness is the attribute of the strong- Mahatma Ghandhi
- Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former
Einstein

Manizheh

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:05 PM

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we
fall." (very true!)

Manizheh

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

- Some of us wonder what happen, Some of us watch things happen, Some of us make things happen!

Tajik people from tajikam.com, I want to see some actions!

Khurasani

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

''I love being in the rain because then nobody knows that i am crying'' Unknown

PORS

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:28 AM

You don't have to be big in order to have a big idea.

Khorasanpur

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:43 AM

A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from a mountain top. ~Author Unknown

We can be Knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, but we cannot be wise with other men's wisdom. ~Michel de Montaigne

Mahasti

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

A mirror has no heart but a plenty of ideas.
''Qesa am ra ba kudam aayina faryad kunam, shahre khud ra ba sare raahe ki abad konam''

shinno

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:28 PM

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."

Oscar Wilde

"Genius is knowing to stay silent as others demonstrate their ignorance."

Eric Lau

"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead."
unknown

Sohrab

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

*Friends who can forgive each other's little faillings will remain friends for life.

**Help and friendship go toghether, but no friend should continually ask for help.

***False friends are like thieves - they take all and give nothing back.

Khorasanpur

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:35 PM

"Trust a Snake before a Harlot, and a Harlot before a Pathan."
They also say, "Trust a Snake before a Harlot, and a Harlot before an Afghan."
Indian proverbs

of course afghan is synonymous with Pathan/Pashtun, and it has nothing to do with other ethnic groups in so called Afghanistan.

shinno

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:06 PM

[QUOTE=Khorasanpur;12935] "Trust a Snake before a Harlot, and a Harlot before a Pathan."
They also say, "Trust a Snake before a Harlot, and a Harlot before an Afghan."
Indian proverbs

of course afghan is synonymous with Pathan/Pashtun, and it has nothing to do with other ethnic groups in so called Afghanistan.[/QUOTE]

These quotes are too lame i expected something better from indians :D

PORS

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:10 AM

"Don't expect too much, otherwise, you will be disappointed." - Unknown.

Pors.

Dushanbe

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."- Henry David Thoreau

"For every person who doubts you, tells you you will fail, try twice as hard to prove them wrong." Anonymous.

"The biggest mistake you can make is continually fearing you will make one." Anonymous.

Dushanbe

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

"Courage is about doing what youre afraid to do. There can be no courage unless youre scared" Eddie Rickenbacker.

"If you want to accomplish anything in life, you can't just sit back and hope it will happen. You've got to make it happen." Chuck Norris.

Dushanbe

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

Whenever the cause of the people is entrusted to professors, it is lost.

-- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

A lie told often enough becomes truth

-- Lenin

One man with a gun can control 100 without one.

-- Lenin

Dushanbe

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.

-- Stalin

I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.

---Stalin

The writer is the engineer of the human soul.

--Stalin

When there is state there can be no freedom, but when there is freedom there will be no state.

--Lenin

We don't let them have ideas. Why would we let them have guns?

--Stalin

Dushanbe

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:46 PM

We can't be independent, we can't have anything unless we purge our minds of westernization and come to know ourselves.

Ruhollah Khomeini

Nader Shah

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:09 AM

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

PORS

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

"Raftand o ravem o baz ayand o ravand." - Omar e Khayyam.

Lindt

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

Good Thoughts. Good Words. Good Deeds.
- Zarathustra

PORS

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

Did you plagiarize my signature? :D hahahah - just kidding. Awesome quote! Thanks for sharing.

Pors.

[quote=Lindt;13144]Good Thoughts. Good Words. Good Deeds.
- Zarathustra[/quote]

Lindt

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

is that what's written in your signature? I'm so impatient when reading Farsi so I tend to skip past it. Haha - that was unintentional plagiarism! :P

PORS

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

Think right; say right; act right - was the other way of saying your quote. You paraphrased it so far, so no plagiarism. - LOL. :)

Pors.

[quote=Lindt;13146]is that what's written in your signature? I'm so impatient when reading Farsi so I tend to skip past it. Haha - that was unintentional plagiarism! :P [/quote]

Sohrab

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:38 PM

* character is a diamond that scratches every other stone.

**If you always try to do right, people may not notice it, but if you once do wrong, the'll never let you forget.

***Without an aim, how can you hit the target?

Lindt

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:02 AM

One good turn deserves another.
- Gaius Petronius Arbiter

[QUOTE=PORS;13148]Think right; say right; act right - was the other way of saying your quote. You paraphrased it so far, so no plagiarism. - LOL. :)

Pors.[/QUOTE]

lol, i see it now. ;)

PORS

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

The quality of your life depends on the quality of thoughts you have. - can't remember the author.

Pors.

Lindt

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=PORS;13192]can't remember the author.

Pors.[/QUOTE]

Aurelius ;)

Super

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

The price of greatness is responsiblity. --Winston Churchill

PORS

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

Thanks for bringing the author. Do you know where this original quote was written first?

Pors.

[quote=Lindt;13195]Aurelius ;) [/quote]

PORS

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

"There is nothing wrong with admitting your mistake." - Pors.

Nader Shah

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:54 AM

Disagree :P
Admitting a mistake means that you were wrong in making a mistake, and right in addmitting to it :D
Could not resist the tease ...
[QUOTE=PORS;13204]"There is nothing wrong with admitting your mistake." - Pors.[/QUOTE]

PORS

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

I like when you disagree with me from time to time, Nader Shah-e gerami.

I think my original post was about when a person knows he is wrong but still keeps buffling around and wasting everybody's time. In that case, it's going to be "all" right. :D

Tandorost o kamyab bemani, baradar.

Pors.

[quote=Nader Shah;13238]Disagree :P
Admitting a mistake means that you were wrong in making a mistake, and right in addmitting to it :D
Could not resist the tease ...[/quote]

shinno

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ;)
Albert Einstein

PORS

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

One of my favorites: "Strive for the best, but be ready for the worst." - Pors.

Pors.

Mahasti

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

Did Beethoven look like a musician? No, ofcourse she didn't.

PORS

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

I like the way you write in English, Shabparak. ;)

Pors.

[quote=NightWish;13950]Deed beethoven look like a musician? No, ofcourse she didn't.[/quote]

Mahasti

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

[quote=PORS;13952]I like the way you write in English, Shabparak. ;)

Pors.[/quote]

Haha, I know, my English is very bad. :(

PORS

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

"I value something written more than something has not been written at all." - Pors.

So NightWish-jan, you got the point? :) Good and Thanks.

Pors.

[quote=NightWish;13955]Haha, I know, my English is very bad. :( [/quote]

Mahasti

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

[quote=PORS;13957]"I value something written more than something has not been written at all." - Pors.

So NightWish-jan, you got the point? :) Good and Thanks.

Pors.[/quote]

Aah nice one, thanks. :)

Lindt

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

"Knowledge talks, wisdom listens."

PORS

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

"Speak so I can hear you." - Socrates.

Pors.

PORS

Posted 22 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

"Speak so I can hear you." - Socrates.

Pors.

Khurasani

Posted 04 August 2009 - 03:06 PM

‎"The dignity of a nation is determined, above all, by how people preserve and respect their language," Emomali Rakhmon

Khurasani

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:07 AM

We will not be a pawn in someone else's game. Ahmad Shah Masoud

Khurasani

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

انتظار من مانند بسیاری از هموطنانم، بعد از پیروزی در برابر کمونیزم آن بود تا جهان و بالخصوص کشورهای همسایه، از مردم ما به خاطر نابودی کمونیزم سپاسگزاری می کردند و به زخم های شان مرهم می گذاشتند. مردم کشور مان با سپرساختن سینه های خود، جان ملیون ها انسان را در کشورهای همسایه و جهان حفظ نمودند و در واقع از آزادی و آبادی آنها دفاع کردند. ولی حیف، در فرجام، پاکستان ملت ما را از عقب خنجر زد. امریکا به حرف شنوی از پاکستان پرداخت و اروپا بی تفاوتی اختیار کرد. مردم جهان باید بدانند که خطر طالبان به هیچ وجه کمتر از خطر کمونیزم نیست. هنوز فرصت آن وجود دارد که با آن مقابله صورت گیرد و مردم افغانستان در خط مقدم این مبارزه قرار دارند

احمد شاه مسعود

Khurasani

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

If you believe everything you read, better not read.
Japanese Proverb

Khurasani

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

"Respect yourself and others will respect you.” --Confucius

Sohrab

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

View PostKhurasani, on 04 August 2009 - 04:06 PM, said:

‎"The dignity of a nation is determined, above all, by how people preserve and respect their language," Emomali Rakhmon

good speache by mr rahman, but what has he actually done for the language?

Khurasani

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

It is our deep conviction and we have always insisted on the fact that democratic elections are the only solution for Afghanistan. Every individual must have a voice. On the day we are in Kabul, we will organize elections under the aegis of the international organizations. Ahmad Shah Massoud

Khurasani

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Our policy was always to have good and friendly relations with everyone. But we never have accepted being oppressed and we will never accept it. Ahmad Shah Massoud