Tajiks Worldwide Community: Are you for or against? Please, tell us WHY? - Tajiks Worldwide Community

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox

Parsistani Icon : (04 January 2016 - 10:02 PM) Someone here?
parwana Icon : (30 April 2014 - 05:21 PM) Posted Image
Parsistani Icon : (22 July 2013 - 04:02 AM) good morning :)
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:29 PM) Sohrab, Tajikam doesn't only consist of a forum. We have two major sections in this website. One is in Persian which is updated frequently and the other is in Persian (Cyrillic). Additionally, the English page is still running and has a vast amount of information on Tajiks and Persians.
Gul agha Icon : (03 May 2013 - 04:27 PM) http://www.facebook.com/Tajikamsite
Sohrab Icon : (01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM) Tajikam on facebook?
SHA DOKHT Icon : (01 May 2013 - 12:12 AM) Like our page on Facebook: https://www.facebook...541604162529143
Sohrab Icon : (29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM) H again, I thought the site would be closed, but it's still running.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:17 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:16 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 10:00 AM) Tajikistan was inhabited by the races of Cyrus the great (Sultan skindar Zulqarnain). The achmaniend dynasty ruled the entire region for several thousnd years.Cyrus the great's son cymbasis(Combchia)with forces migrated to Balkh ancient Bactaria or Bakhtar. Sultan Sumus the desecndant of Cyrus the great faught war against Alaxander of Macdonia in Bakhtar current tajikistan.
this ruling class was inhabited in the areas, like Balkh,fargana,alai,Tajikistan,badakhshan,Kabul,Takhar,Tashkorogan,Khutan,kashkar,Swat,Kashmir,Peshawar, hashtnager,Dir, Bajour,Gilgit,for serveral thaousand years.
Gabaro_glt Icon : (26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM) hellow
Gabaro_glt Icon : (25 March 2013 - 10:48 AM) Asssssssssalam o Alaikum
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:22 AM) I would like to here something from a tajik brother/sister living in Tajikstan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:20 AM) I have traced my ancestors migrated from Panj and Balkh ancient
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:19 AM) I am desendant of Sultan behram Gabari Tajik living in GilGit pakistan
Gabaro_glt Icon : (22 March 2013 - 05:17 AM) Salam to all brothers
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:48 AM) we are on facebook. Tajikam on facebook
Parsistani Icon : (01 June 2012 - 10:47 AM) salam guys.
Azim-khan Icon : (19 May 2012 - 11:19 AM) salom bachaho )
Resize Shouts Area

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are you for or against? Please, tell us WHY? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:08 PM

Since we have been talking about the government of Tajikistan. A topic came out of that to my mind. In the beginning of this year, president of Tajikistan, Emomalii Rahmon (previously Emomali Rahmonov) has changes his name to a traditional Tajik culture. First it was mandantory, however, after dispute in Tajik government, it was preferrable to change your name from russianized to Tajik style.

Here is the article which gives you more information for our discussion here.

April 4, 2007 (RFE/RL) -- Tajik President Emomali Rahmon recently announced a decision to abandon the Slavic-style "-ov" suffix that has been part of his name for all his life. How might the Tajik president's move resonate in a region that spent many years under Russian, then Soviet, domination?

http://www.rferl.org...A9D399A403.html

My question to all of you, my Tajik brothers, are you for such policy or against? And answer to a big question of "WHY?"

You answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for all of you who are taking your time and contributing to our identity and the holy name of "TAJIK."

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.

#2 User is offline   Nastoh Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:31 AM

I really appreciate this name change of Tajik president. He did what most tajiks were waiting for. I hope the whole Tajik people start following their president and remove the Russian ending of their names. We Tajiks of Afghanistan (or Khorasan) have always worried about the cultural and lenguestic influence of Russia on Tajiks and their culture, language and history. Fortunatly today Tajikistan is free and an independent country in the world, but Tajiks have lots to do in order to regain what they have lost in the past 90 (or more) years of Soviet occupation. Tajikistan represents all Tajiks and that's why it's VERY important that Tajik government and people work hard on both lenguestic and cultural parts of the country.

I know lots of Pashtuns who are making fun of some Tajik personalities of both Afghanistan and Tajikistan by adding an "ove" at the end of their names to humiliate Tajiks rich culture and history. For examples in chase of Ahmad Shah Massood, they use Massoodove. This way they want to say that Massood was a Russian Tajik or a Russianized Tajik, although this was not the case at all.
But my point is that it's very important to change this types of names in Tajikistan. May be the Tajik population doesn't know the importance of it now, but the more Tajiks regain their culture and clean it from foreign elements, the more its importance becomes visible.
[quote=PORS;3875]Since we have been talking about the government of Tajikistan. A topic came out of that to my mind. In the beginning of this year, president of Tajikistan, Emomalii Rahmon (previously Emomali Rahmonov) has changes his name to a traditional Tajik culture. First it was mandantory, however, after dispute in Tajik government, it was preferrable to change your name from russianized to Tajik style.

April 4, 2007 (RFE/RL) -- Tajik President Emomali Rahmon recently announced a decision to abandon the Slavic-style "-ov" suffix that has been part of his name for all his life. How might the Tajik president's move resonate in a region that spent many years under Russian, then Soviet, domination?

My question to all of you, my Tajik brothers, are you for such policy or against? And answer to a big question of "WHY?"

You answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for all of you who are taking your time and contributing to our identity and the holy name of "TAJIK."

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.[/quote]

#3 User is offline   TajMahal Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

[quote=PORS;3875]Since we have been talking about the government of Tajikistan. A topic came out of that to my mind. In the beginning of this year, president of Tajikistan, Emomalii Rahmon (previously Emomali Rahmonov) has changes his name to a traditional Tajik culture. First it was mandantory, however, after dispute in Tajik government, it was preferrable to change your name from russianized to Tajik style.

Peroz bemaned,

Pors.[/quote]

Your question is for sure a rhetoric one, right? he did it good!!! Hope more Tajiks will cut that alien suffix from their names.

#4 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

imam ali rahman did the good thing, and everyone should follow him.

#5 User is offline   Khurasani Icon

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:05 PM

i really appreciate this.

#6 User is offline   Rostam Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:40 AM

I agree with the posted comments of my fellow Tajiks :)
Its very obvious its a good thing...I think...everyone should do it...the government has to oblige everybody to do it! ;)

#7 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:18 AM

My question is not a rhetoric one, it's just a matter of being curious. >Just joking :)

Anyways, I STRONGLY AGREE and support his decision. I wanted to do that long time ago when I used to go to school. But at that time, it was not lawful and people wanted lots of money in order my name to be changed into my cultural one. However, after being conveyed of such news, I was excited and still excited. I will dismiss the suffix and make it original, Tajik, style. So, one of your hope will be accomplished, TajMahal. :)

At the end of the day, everybody will realize that they need their pure identity, it is just a matter of time and amount of efforts put by us.

Truly,

Pors.

[quote=TajMahal;3882]Your question is for sure a rhetoric one, right? he did it good!!! Hope more Tajiks will cut that alien suffix from their names.[/quote]

#8 User is offline   PORS Icon

• AZADANDESH
  • Icon
Group:
Administrators

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:14 AM

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFN025yuMD8]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFN025yuMD8[/ame]

I found it very interesting. Could you "Admin" please move it to the video (history, culture) section? I tried but was not able.

Thanks in advance.

Truly,

Pors.

#9 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

The ending of my last name has ov, but I do not take changing my name seiously. In changing my name I will have to change my univertity degrees and many things which is very costly and time consuming. But I am glad that younger Tajiks (who are about 20-22 yaers) are very enthusistic about changing their names while taking passports and before receiving university degrees. So the new generation will come without ov and ova. I will change it after many years - when I will have a good and stable business carreer. I am now postgraduate sudent.

Best

#10 User is offline   Sohrab Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Research Group

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:38 AM

[quote=Dushanbe;3938]The ending of my last name has ov, but I do not take changing my name seiously. In changing my name I will have to change my univertity degrees and many things which is very costly and time consuming. But I am glad that younger Tajiks (who are about 20-22 yaers) are very enthusistic about changing their names while taking passports and before receiving university degrees. So the new generation will come without ov and ova. I will change it after many years - when I will have a good and stable business carreer. I am now postgraduate sudent.

Best[/quote]

yes, you are right, the next deneration need to get rid of this. and tell me what's the general population's mode regarding this name amendment? also, what the gov and at the same time ppl think about cyrillic alphabet, do they want to have farsi alphabet instead or just want to stick to cyrillic? because cyrillic alphabet is a huge communication barrier between us in afghanistan+iran and brothers in tajikistan. i always wanted to go to tajiki music sites, especially mubarakshah's website to download his songs, but didnt know a word in those sites.

#11 User is offline   Dushanbe Icon

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
Group:
Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:58 AM

In reallity, it seems to me that the reaction towards name-change in Tajikistan was bigger from outside of Tajikistan than from inside. Many people had already changed their names before our president and it was not so big event. You need to know also that most of people of Tajikistan have good memories about Soviet times and this is not a surprise - because people were safe and economically well-to do (it is almost apposite now). Of course it is nice to return to our previous style of naming (before soviet) but not style of living.

As of syrillic alphabet. Personally, I do not think that we will return to arabic alphabet. The reasons:

1. Arabic letters are also called Muslim letters in our country. There is an idea ( ??? ) that it is better for us to have more relations & collaborations with European (non Islamic) countries than Islamic. It is better to have some barriers (at least alphabetically so that to make it difficult to learn arabic language) so that to reduce extremistic Islamic influence. (these are not my personal views - but general impressions)

2. Arabic alphabet is much more difficult to learn than syrillic one. As a result it will make the process of learning slow.

3. Although many our great peoples in that past used Arabic while writing, Arabic is not suitable for our language. In arabic not all sounds (vowals) are mentioned and you will just have to guess how to pronounce certain words. While in syrillic you will write down all the sounds that you will hear. This will help to save that language without much change from one generation to another.

I pesonally would have supported the idea of changing our alphabet into Latin so that to reduce the barrier between Farsizabanan. But it is very expensive and we cannot afford it yet.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users